Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall (23120 Views)

Documents Released By Dino Melaye To Show How Yahaya Bello Forged His Recall / Dino Melaye Reacts To Petitions Submitted To INEC For His Recall / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by Evangdanyno2017(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
God bless PDP members in Kogi for standing for justice and equity. What offend did Dino commits.
Those that are happy happy and praising those that victimized the innocent man would one day dance the tune. The man that fights unjustice, oppression, corruption and mismanagement both in his state and federal level. Is being maltreated and somebody is happy. Tomorrow you be complaining of a better society, who make a better society. my heart bleed when i read some comment against innocent man
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by keneck1: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
pode:

And what make you think everyone is evil as you think or taking advantage over another's down fall, PDP is not playing games of 'eye for eye' rather they are seeking for peace that is why they are taking this steps
i know you are just kidding cos you did'nt type that,Pdp so unfortunate
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
So it is wrong for citizens to recall a non performing senator in their constituency. Wetin concern PDP for this matter
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
Evangdanyno2017:
God bless PDP members in Kogi for standing for justice and equity. What offend did Dino commits.
Those that are happy happy and praising those that victimized the innocent man would one day dance the tune. The man that fights unjustice, oppression, corruption and mismanagement both in his state and federal level. Is being maltreated and somebody is happy. Tomorrow you be complaining of a better society, who make a better society. my heart bleed when i read some comment against innocent man
God bless who. So ít wrong for citizens in a constituent to recall a non performing senator. They recalled their senator which they view as non performing and some group are trying to fight the wishes of the people
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by tech18: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
CilicMarin:
Useless opposition. Instead of positioning to take advantage of the vacancy that may occur, they are already playing to the gallery.

Ipob party of pigs.
They are political hypocrites.They support whoever is opposing the Federal Government or their political foes

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by deomelllo: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
tech18:
They are political hypocrites.They support whoever is opposing the Federal Government or their political foes

More like the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

They don't mind friending and dinning with the devil as long as the devil is against their enemy.

This is how lowly and absurd they think, their own self interest comes last.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by ststyreal(f): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Why are they trying to save the man instead of taking advantage of the situation to claim the seat and boost their number and influence in Kogi?

They don't and they are never strategic because they see everything based on hatred and bitterness.
Nope I disagree with you, rather I would say PDP is a human face party with blood and water along with conscience flowing in their vein. They feel the pain of Dino and are only trying to be empathetic towards his plights.
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by deomelllo: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
ststyreal:

Nope I disagree with you, rather I would say PDP is a human face party with blood and water along with conscience flowing in their vein. They feel the pain of Dino and are only trying to be empathetic towards his plights.

They feel his plight as a law breaker and a common thug, at least, they have something in common.

And you wonder why Nigerians kicked them to the curb lol.. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by ststyreal(f): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
deomelllo:

They feel his plight as a law breaker and a common thug, at least, they have something in common.

And you wonder why Nigerians kicked them to the curb lol.. grin grin grin
So what happens to omo Agege? Automatic saints right It is well my brother

1 Like

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by HAH: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Carmal90:

Sir, I saw it someone that the sp does not have any Constitutional power on the recall, that he will be mandated to declare his seat vacant. How true is this sir

See for yourself, this is culled from vanguard newspaper

By Clifford Ndujihe

Section 69 of the 1999 Constitution provides 10 clear but tortuous steps on how a senator can be recalled from the Senate. The steps are:

1 More than half of the registered voters in the Senator’s senatorial district write, sign and send a petition to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC alleging their loss of confidence in the senatoria

l 2 The petition must be signed, and arranged according to polling units, wards, Local Government Areas, and constituency.

3 INEC notifies the Senator sought to be recalled, stating that it has received a petition for his or her recall, if the petition is valid

4 INEC issues a public notice or announcement stating the date, time and location of the verification of signatures to the petition

5 INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the designation. The signatories must be individuals who appear on the voters’ register.

6 INEC conducts a referendum if more than one half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified

7 INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the minimum requirements for a referendum were not met, if the number verified is less than one half of the registered voters in that constituency. The petition will therefore be dismissed

. 8 INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency.

9 If majority of the voters in the constituency vote ‘yes’ the Chairman of the INEC will send a Certificate of Recall to the Senate President to effect the recall.

10 The Senate President will show affected senator the way out of the Senate.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/10-steps-recall-senator-nigeria/
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by brookz: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
PDP has lost out completely, thy don't even know how to opposition at all. imagine the Massive Tsunami of decamping that begot them yesterday and thy are here playing to the gallery on a Sin-nator that will be butted out in no distant time.
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by deomelllo: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
ststyreal:

So what happens to omo Agege? Automatic saints right It is well my brother

Wetin concern me with agege? Stick to the topic of discussion.
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by Bruemath(m): 2:28am On Apr 28, 2018
cool shocked
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by QuotaSystem: 5:20am On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:

More reason why they should take advantage of the situation to soften the ground for their own candidate to cost in for easy victory.

....but of course, the need to show the world how much you hate the APC and other people is more important to you than you yourself and the political advantage presented to you on a platter of gold. This is how you people lose all the time, you let hatred and bitterness get the best of you.

Politics of emotion, the Achilles heel and greatest stumbling block of easterners. You've said it all.

The platter of gold is now APC's for the taking by ensuring Dino's replacement is another loyal member since the opposition are too consumed with bitterness to think about winning cheesy
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by tech18: 5:24am On Apr 28, 2018
deomelllo:

More like the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

They don't mind friending and dinning with the devil as long as the devil is against their enemy.

This is how lowly and absurd they think, their own self interest comes last.

You are right sir
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by castancassy2(m): 5:59am On Apr 28, 2018
Dino is one of the strongest men fighting for democracy. Bello is a fool. Where are d thugs that attack Dino at university of kogi. I love PDP's call to back Dino. This shows PDP does not want our democracy to die in this devilish government.
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by Essential(m): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2018
lamzybaby:
The Peoples Democratic Party has directed its members in Kogi State to vote against the recall of Senator Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) during the verification of signatures of petitioners holding on Saturday, April 28.

In a statement in Lokoja on Friday, the party said that it was not in support of the recall of Melaye from the beginning.

The Independent National Electoral Commission had fixed April 28 for the verification of signatures of petitioners that signed for Melaye’s.

INEC said that the verification would hold from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 552 of 560 polling units in the seven local governments that make up Kogi West Senatorial District.

this guy would be going from hospital to jail. i hope his fellow senators will still go and greet him there.

more:http://nigerianpilot.com/pdp-supports-melaye-urges-members-to-vote-against-his-recall/
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by kingjoe(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2018
it's just an example of the saying that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I will then support him . hahaha politicians
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by IDeyNL: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:
Useless opposition. Instead of positioning to take advantage of the vacancy that may occur, they are already playing to the gallery.

Ipob party of pigs.

Idiotic pig of Buhari
Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by binsanni(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
where this one come from self
rusher14:
Forget wetin dem write for moto look wetin dey inside.

Dino was always PDP in spirit .

Re: PDP Supports Melaye, Urges Members To Vote Against His Recall by Swaggzkid: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

Ipob party of pigs.

It's called politics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCFTA Trade Agreement Signed By Buhari: What You Need To Know About It / Bayelsa Youths Send 28 Elders, Chiefs Into Exile For Attending Sylva's Birthday / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Lafia, Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.