Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (42434 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) / Drone Pictures Of On-Site Accessment Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Images And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by AutoReportNG: 12:04am On Apr 29, 2018
The Federal Government seems to be going on a fast track with the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge. According to the Ministry of Works and Housing, this is the Phase IV of the Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge and the bridge will link Anambra and Delta States, (Asaba End, Delta State). These are some of the pictures made exclusively for AutoReportNG. The bridge was awarded to Julius Berger Nig PLC, a construction giant in Nigeria.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/pictures-from-construction-of-2nd-niger.html

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by AutoReportNG: 12:04am On Apr 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by balosunky(m): 12:06am On Apr 29, 2018
2019 is near

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by georgen2u(m): 12:06am On Apr 29, 2018
Why U be ftc
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Emmycute30(m): 12:08am On Apr 29, 2018
I hope it won't end up uncompleted. 2019 is closer than they think....hmnn what do I know.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 29, 2018
APC's 2019 campaign tool for SE and SS zone is already in place but they'll be in for a big surprise this time.

The hunger in the land will overshadow Igbo people's excitement for the second Niger bridge.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 4:36am On Apr 29, 2018
The 11.9Km 2NB hydra-headed conundrum, will it ever end? Time shall tell.

First it isn't an igbo project, but Nigerian project, it gonna affect the socio-economic developmental fabrics of the whole country and beyond in the sub region,
We are running on a very huge gap of infrastructural deficit in ratio to our explosive population growth, it would be penny wise pound foolish to politicize critical infrastructures such as this.

If Nigeria was on right track since the proported inception of 3Rs at the end of the Civil War, then today we should be discussing 3rd/4th niger bridge. This is one of the pertinent reasons calls for dismemberment is being regurgitated till this day.

There have been too many miscalculations taken by past successive governments, as they chased investors in the oil and gas sector, telecoms, etc, they never deemed it fit to beam their search light on investors that will bring private capital into road infrastructure and we are suffering it today,

Another dimension, is the issue of policy somersault, and discontinuity,
Tolling or no tolling, we need to see things for the realities they pose in our faces without primordial sentiments, if we settle for tolling, then uniform tolling it should be for all projects of such magnitude henceforth, and not having unequal system.
Today government comes in begins a ppp with its conditions, another comes in and overhauls it all over, and the circle continues, there is scarce of resources, but due prudence, management prioritization would have done us a whole lot of good,

Now there comes the issue fluctuating exchange rates,
The more inflation and exchange rate fluctuates, the more the ppp arrangements price tag fluctuates.
Which would lead to constant renegotiation of the cost for execution. Like the controversial flexibility of deeping fingers in the ECA,

Another angle to this debacle,is default and disloyalty on government's part to stay true to the contractual terms by ensuring it makes true her commitment to paying the agreed counterpart funds for the execution of the project. Contractor gets discouraged and dismayed by government's inability to contractual fidelity, Here comes the depropriation of infra-funds, snail speed passage of budget etc

Another headache is compensation, there were insinuations, land owners weren't dully compensated, and this usually snowballs into legal battles.

Today some states are still indebted by the federal government, hence they regretting why they took loans to embark on federal projects without being reimbursed. And our poor structures has overburdened the lackadaisical federal government with bloated responsibilities,they now seem incapable of handling which gives the credence to the question of restructuring being overdue.

Finally, the only way forward is forward, whether the present government re-emerge or not, the project got to move on.Time is money and we already late .

Politics no be everything, make we no dey politicize national security and infrastructure, because we dey hurt ourselves by ourselves and our unborn generation.

Happy Sunday y'all.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by wilddee(m): 5:24am On Apr 29, 2018
Sai Baba..... 2019 sure 4 u

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Okoroawusa: 6:36am On Apr 29, 2018
I don't know why people think 2nd Niger Bridge is for igbos alone.

Even the igbos r belittling themselves thinking and colluding with politicians to politicize the 2nd Niger Bridge.

The Niger Bridge benefits states within the corridor of the south south,south east and even neighboring country like Cameroon

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by BankeSmalls(f): 6:40am On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:
I don't know why people think 2nd Niger Bridge is for igbos alone.

Even the igbos r belittling themselves thinking and colluding with politicians to politicize the 2nd Niger Bridge.

The Niger Bridge benefits states within the corridor of the south south,south east and even neighboring country like Cameroon

Na hunger dey worry you.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Okoroawusa: 6:45am On Apr 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Na hunger dey worry you.
Thank you

12 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by americanson: 6:48am On Apr 29, 2018
balosunky:
2019 is near
we are not moved. These people had better stopped trying everything to win Igbos. They think they WI forget the ones killer by this administration and the disappearance of Nnamdi Kanu?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by tayebest(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2018
Thank you Buhari! cool

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ClintonEmex: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2018
It's a political propaganda and if Buhari likes, let him build bridges in all the big rivers in Nigeria; he'll be defeated and sent back to Daura.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2018
Lol...... Where did u get dat pix bro. Is it nt d onitsha I live in or anoda 1.hehehehehehehe 2nd 9ja bridge ko 30th mainland bridge ni. Abegi carry ur fake pix commot here. No b only 9ja bridge na delta gutter

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by intruxive(m): 7:04am On Apr 29, 2018
grin
Op but jonathan already commissioned 99.99% of the bridge on paper now, in FULL PDP regalia

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by moscobabs(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2018
Thank you PMB we true sons and daughters of SE and SS will vote u till 2023.!!

If we can tolerate them for 16yrs nothing bad to tolerate u for 4yrs

Sai Baba...haters gonna hate

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2018
I am not beefing but one sure thing I know is that the FG has no cash for this project atleast at the moment, all these are for 2019 and i can swear down that you will still see same set of pix a year before 2024 elections. The Julius Berger I know, after 3 years on such a project should be installing precast structures on the piles by now but here they are at the pre- structural works still casting onshore piles after 3 years. I can tell you that 80% of the piling and geotechnical team of JBN who should be doing the piling works here including the equipment needed are currently in Lagos handling a private project and will soon be mobilizing to Bodo-Bonny project in Ph.
The last govt was to carry out the project through a concession under a public private partnership scheme though the cost was a bit inflated but the project would have gone far by now and the current govt cancelled the initial plan when they know they have no money but here we are, turning everything to politics.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Yyeske(m): 7:28am On Apr 29, 2018
IPOB miscreants won't like this.

OP, you better delete this thread because if dem catch you, your name go be sorry.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by chernest2002: 7:32am On Apr 29, 2018
There is no speed on that work as they are propagating
Les than 5% construction done.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by luvinhubby(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2018
Pure fallacy and lies meant to deceive the gullible.

This bridge has a 2017 completion date, govt of GEJ had paid over 75% of its counterpart fund for it, Buhari came in 2015 and abandoned it for 3yrs after giving a stop work order. Only to come in 2018, 1yr to the elections to start pasting pictures of extent of work done under GEJ as work in progress on the 2nd Niger bridge.

Who knows how much has been released so far for the bridge by Buhari, only ₦2 billion for a ₦117 billion project.

APC and their supporters are a congregation of unrepentant liars.

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by partnerbiz4: 7:47am On Apr 29, 2018
lol
they have been on this bridge for ages...

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by kitaatita: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2018
Yyeske:
IPOB miscreants won't like this.

OP, you better delete this thread because if dem catch you, your name go be sorry.
Unfortunately the same mentality is shared by SE politicians and so called leaders. They are already angry that a bridge is being built across their land by their enemy. They forget the most important questions that remain unanswered. Why is the bridge the only FG project to be on toll? And who are the beneficiaries of the toll? Why is the cost of the bridge higher than such projects anywhere?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Yyeske(m): 8:11am On Apr 29, 2018
luvinhubby:
Pure fallacy and lies meant to deceive the gullible.

This bridge has a 2017 completion date, govt of GEJ had paid over 75% of its counterpart fund for it, Buhari came in 2015 and abandoned it for 3yrs after giving a stop work order. Only to come in 2018, 1yr to the elections to start pasting pictures of extent of work done under GEJ as work in progress on the 2nd Niger bridge.

Who knows how much has been released so far for the bridge by Buhari, only ₦2 billion for a ₦117 billion project.

APC and their supporters are a congregation of unrepentant liars.
Stop conjuring figures upandan but give us links to what you just said.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Yyeske(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2018
kitaatita:

Unfortunately the same mentality is shared by SE politicians and so called leaders. They are already angry that a bridge is being built across their land by their enemy. They forget the most important questions that remain unanswered. Why is the bridge the only FG project to be on toll? And who are the beneficiaries of the toll? Why is the cost of the bridge higher than such projects anywhere?
No bro, the only people angry about the bridge are the IPOB miscreants.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by luvinhubby(m): 8:50am On Apr 29, 2018
Yyeske:
Stop conjuring figures upandan but give us links to what you just said.

Dispute mine with yours, leave links for now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ademusiwa3r: 9:04am On Apr 29, 2018
the

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by rusher14: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:
I am not beefing but one sure thing I know is that the FG has no cash for this project atleast at the moment, all these are for 2019 and i can swear down that you will still see same set of pix a year before 2024 elections. The Julius Berger I know, after 3 years on such a project should be installing precast structures on the piles by now but here they are at the pre- structural works still casting onshore piles after 3 years. I can tell you that 80% of the piling and geotechnical team of JBN who should be doing the piling works here including the equipment needed are currently in Lagos handling a private project and will soon be mobilizing to Bodo-Bonny project in Ph.
The last govt was to carry out the project through a concession under a public private partnership scheme though the cost was a bit inflated but the project would have gone far by now and the current govt cancelled the initial plan when they know they have no money but here we are, turning everything to politics.

Leave story.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by tribalmall: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
The 11.9Km 2NB hydra-headed conundrum, will it ever end? Time shall tell.

First it isn't an igbo project, but Nigerian project, it gonna affect the socio-economic developmental fabrics of the whole country and beyond in the sub region,
We are running on a very huge gap of infrastructural deficit in ratio to our explosive population growth, it would be penny wise pound foolish to politicize critical infrastructures such as this.

If Nigeria was on right track since the proported inception of 3Rs at the end of the Civil War, then today we should be discussing 3rd/4th niger bridge. This is one of the pertinent reasons calls for dismemberment is being regurgitated till this day.

There have been too many miscalculations taken by past successive governments, as they chased investors in the oil and gas sector, telecoms, etc, they never deemed it fit to beam their search light on investors that will bring private capital into road infrastructure and we are suffering it today,

Another dimension, is the issue of policy somersault, and discontinuity,
Tolling or no tolling, we need to see things for the realities they pose in our faces without primordial sentiments, if we settle for tolling, then uniform tolling it should be for all projects of such magnitude henceforth, and not having unequal system.
Today government comes in begins a ppp with its conditions, another comes in and overhauls it all over, and the circle continues, there is scarce of resources, but due prudence, management prioritization would have done us a whole lot of good,

Now there comes the issue fluctuating exchange rates,
The more inflation and exchange rate fluctuates, the more the ppp arrangements price tag fluctuates.
Which would lead to constant renegotiation of the cost for execution. Like the controversial flexibility of deeping fingers in the ECA,

Another angle to this debacle,is default and disloyalty on government's part to stay true to the contractual terms by ensuring it makes true her commitment to paying the agreed counterpart funds for the execution of the project. Contractor gets discouraged and dismayed by government's inability to contractual fidelity, Here comes the depropriation of infra-funds, snail speed passage of budget etc

Another headache is compensation, there were insinuations, land owners weren't dully compensated, and this usually snowballs into legal battles.

Today some states are still indebted by the federal government, hence they regretting why they took loans to embark on federal projects without being reimbursed. And our poor structures has overburdened the lackadaisical federal government with bloated responsibilities,they now seem incapable of handling which gives the credence to the question of restructuring being overdue.

Finally, the only way forward is forward, whether the present government re-emerge or not, the project got to move on.Time is money and we already late .

Politics no be everything, make we no dey politicize national security and infrastructure, because we dey hurt ourselves by ourselves and our unborn generation.

Happy Sunday you'll.

Write this epistle when scenario is reverse concerning the south as the president.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Niyeal(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2018
okay
check my signature on how to make money online
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 29, 2018
rusher14:

Leave story.

I think you quoted the wrong guy, I am not your regular Apc vs Pdp nor GEJ vs Buhari fanatic. I say things the way I see them and gets annoyed when govt takes its citizens for dummies just like the way most politicians will soon start frying akara and snapping pix upandan as usual cos 2019 is near. What I wrote there is the plain fact. I don't do hearsay, i personally know a site manager on that project and I have first hand info on how cash is being disbursed for that project.........Cheers.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by rusher14: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:

I think you quoted the wrong guy, I am not your regular Apc vs Pdp nor GEJ vs Buhari fanatic. I say things the way I see them and what I wrote there is the plain fact. I don't do hearsay, i personally know a site manager on that project.........Cheers.

Knowing a site manager means squat.

The project is on going.

I have laid bare the history of the project way of a newspaper headline and your narrative would not alter this fact.

The bridge is yet to be built but denying those who have put in place some mechanism to get it done whilst trying to uplift those that idled away for 6 years is the height of hypocrisy and disservice.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Indigenes To Trek From Kaduna To Vote For PDP In Kano Rerun / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project / Sule Lamido In Private Meeting With Atiku In Dubai [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.