Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (42484 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) / Drone Pictures Of On-Site Accessment Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Images And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by CoolAmbience(m): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
Deziem:
Thinking my vote will go to APC because of this picture will be the most stupid thing I have ever done in my entire life...

Smh... I no need see any picture or even believe a word from anything APC. Their good morning be like good night

Keep your vote to yourself...that's not a problem.

People who want to see a revamp of infrastructures in the country, return of probity, food sufficiency, job opportunities, improved security etc, will do the needful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by CoolAmbience(m): 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Emmycute30:
I hope it won't end up uncompleted. 2019 is closer than they think....hmnn what do I know.

What did you do after nothing was done over the past 6 years regarding the project??

I am glad you acknowledge knowing nothing about the project though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by sule1k(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
Do ur research very well. Are u sure the 75% actually went to the contractors. U should be happy he's completing a project by the previous administration. Which abandoned project of obj did gej complete.
luvinhubby:
Pure fallacy and lies meant to deceive the gullible.

This bridge has a 2017 completion date, govt of GEJ had paid over 75% of its counterpart fund for it, Buhari came in 2015 and abandoned it for 3yrs after giving a stop work order. Only to come in 2018, 1yr to the elections to start pasting pictures of extent of work done under GEJ as work in progress on the 2nd Niger bridge.

Who knows how much has been released so far for the bridge by Buhari, only ₦2 billion for a ₦117 billion project.

APC and their supporters are a congregation of unrepentant liars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by hisgrace090: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
luvinhubby:
Pure fallacy and lies meant to deceive the gullible.

This bridge has a 2017 completion date, govt of GEJ had paid over 75% of its counterpart fund for it, Buhari came in 2015 and abandoned it for 3yrs after giving a stop work order. Only to come in 2018, 1yr to the elections to start pasting pictures of extent of work done under GEJ as work in progress on the 2nd Niger bridge.

Who knows how much has been released so far for the bridge by Buhari, only ₦2 billion for a ₦117 billion project.

APC and their supporters are a congregation of unrepentant liars.

During gej campaigns period, he claimed to have paid 10billion out of 130billion ment for the lob.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by InvertedHammer: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
AutoReportNG:
The Federal Government seems to be going on a fast track with the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge. According to the Ministry of Works and Housing, this is the Phase IV of the Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge and the bridge will link Anambra and Delta States, (Asaba End, Delta State). These are some of the pictures made exclusively for AutoReportNG. The bridge was awarded to Julius Berger Nig PLC, a construction giant in Nigeria.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/pictures-from-construction-of-2nd-niger.html

/*

1 year 1 beam is not how to build a bridge.

*/

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by King44(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
The 11.9Km 2NB hydra-headed conundrum, will it ever end? Time shall tell.

First it isn't an igbo project, but Nigerian project, it gonna affect the socio-economic developmental fabrics of the whole country and beyond in the sub region,
We are running on a very huge gap of infrastructural deficit in ratio to our explosive population growth, it would be penny wise pound foolish to politicize critical infrastructures such as this.

If Nigeria was on right track since the proported inception of 3Rs at the end of the Civil War, then today we should be discussing 3rd/4th niger bridge. This is one of the pertinent reasons calls for dismemberment is being regurgitated till this day.

There have been too many miscalculations taken by past successive governments, as they chased investors in the oil and gas sector, telecoms, etc, they never deemed it fit to beam their search light on investors that will bring private capital into road infrastructure and we are suffering it today,

Another dimension, is the issue of policy somersault, and discontinuity,
Tolling or no tolling, we need to see things for the realities they pose in our faces without primordial sentiments, if we settle for tolling, then uniform tolling it should be for all projects of such magnitude henceforth, and not having unequal system.
Today government comes in begins a ppp with its conditions, another comes in and overhauls it all over, and the circle continues, there is scarce of resources, but due prudence, management prioritization would have done us a whole lot of good,

Now there comes the issue fluctuating exchange rates,
The more inflation and exchange rate fluctuates, the more the ppp arrangements price tag fluctuates.
Which would lead to constant renegotiation of the cost for execution. Like the controversial flexibility of deeping fingers in the ECA,

Another angle to this debacle,is default and disloyalty on government's part to stay true to the contractual terms by ensuring it makes true her commitment to paying the agreed counterpart funds for the execution of the project. Contractor gets discouraged and dismayed by government's inability to contractual fidelity, Here comes the depropriation of infra-funds, snail speed passage of budget etc

Another headache is compensation, there were insinuations, land owners weren't dully compensated, and this usually snowballs into legal battles.

Today some states are still indebted by the federal government, hence they regretting why they took loans to embark on federal projects without being reimbursed. And our poor structures has overburdened the lackadaisical federal government with bloated responsibilities,they now seem incapable of handling which gives the credence to the question of restructuring being overdue.

Finally, the only way forward is forward, whether the present government re-emerge or not, the project got to move on.Time is money and we already late .

Politics no be everything, make we no dey politicize national security and infrastructure, because we dey hurt ourselves by ourselves and our unborn generation.

Happy Sunday you'll.
bro, APC member whoever u may be are u okay this is the same tactic PDP has been using until karma caught up with them now APC is using same strategy to deceive the east, project that will never be completed after they win or loose, at this point I now realize we are leaving in a joke country and nothing will ever change for good, all man for himself, am very sure easterners are not dumb on this one and I pray that both APC and PDP would loose next election, those two parties are taking Nigerians for fools may fire descend on both future present and past administration who package lies as manifestos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by CoolAmbience(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
CaptJeffry:
APC's 2019 campaign tool for SE and SS zone is already in place but they'll be in for a big surprise this time.

The hunger in the land will overshadow Igbo people's excitement for the second Niger bridge.

Hunger is for those who aren't ready to wake up to the new reality.

There is hunger in all parts of the world. Hunger knows no nation. People must stop being lazy. No government feeds or gives jobs to all her citizens. No hardworking individual goes home without bread.

The FG currently feeds 7.2million pupils in public primary schools daily. This initiative has engaged more than 64,000 women and supports hundreds of thousands of market women and farmers in Nigeria. Priority is also being given to skills development and infrastructures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Winning123: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
Buhari doesn't need your votes from the East to win in 2019. Stop deluding yourselves in the East and Ijaw people

CaptJeffry:
APC's 2019 campaign tool for SE and SS zone is already in place but they'll be in for a big surprise this time.

The hunger in the land will overshadow Igbo people's excitement for the second Niger bridge.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by CoolAmbience(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Winning123:
Buhari doesn't need your votes from the East to win in 2019. Stop deluding yourselves in the East and Ijaw people

Lol.

Let them keep deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by HolyTitus(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
Another abandoned project 23%... loading
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:

For the fact that I acknowledged that last administration was corrupt shows that i am non partisan unlike you, all I want is good governance which the current government has failed in all sides. Tell me with all this scandals happening under Pmb's watch if what i said is untrue.
One thing wis that you guys have been programmed to think that anybody who criticizes the government becomes pro Gej or a pdp member or hates Buhari. As a citizen of Nigeria, at least I have the right to request for good governance and speak out when the government is messing up,

Castroii:
Just like saying Buhari vows to fight fulani herdsmen knowing fully well he is the grand master of fulani herdsmen.
Jonathan regime was just a student and friend to corruption but Buhari himself is the grand master of corruption, forget all these talks about cabals, he is the chief cabal himself, looting the nation dry in a very subtle way knowing fully well that Nigerians have volatile memories and that the worst we can do is to shout cabal and react!.
since 2015 it has always been "I will, we shall, we vow, we plan to, we will have to"
If Pmb wins again come 2019, then I will be convinced that indeed, Nigeria is not even in God's map.

1. Stop saying you are not bias, you are not a partisan or a tribalistic bigot because the above quote of yours sums up your hatred, bigotry and bitterness against the president of Nigeria.

2. PMB winning any election won't be up to ignorant and unintelligent bigots like you and considering the fact that you and your votes and your fellow SE Igbos was irrelevant and still won't be relevant in 2019 so I won't lose sleep over your worthless internet rant.

3.Back to the topic, the fact that you prefer and you are supporting a failed plan that asked you and your people to pay toll for 30 long years while the rest of Nigeria enjoy free FG infrastructures says a lot about you as a human being. You hate the President and other people more than you love yourself and our own people.

4. This is the problem with you people from that part of the country, your own self interested and well being comes last and hatred, bitterness, anger and bigotry against other people comes first.

And you wonder why you are always at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

You are just another hateful, bitter, disgruntled and frustrated ipob loser.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:

bros check out what i wrote first, you don't just cancel projects that way even with the current economic situation on ground then, atleast review the old contract agreement and make realistic and fair amendments. How much was even allocated to the ministry of works as a whole in the 2018 budget, and then tell me if at this rate this project can be completed in the next 4 years.
Bros all na wash, election don reach so its time to snap pix and make promises just like the last administration did.

Is this exactly not what they did by redesigning the project, cut off the grossly inflated part of the budget and removed GEJ's concession plan that says the people of SE must pay for their own bridge via tolling for 30 years?

What was so good about the previous arrangement that enslaved you for 30 years of toll payment while the rest of Nigeria enjoy free FG roads and bridges.

This is how you people marginalize yourselves just because of upside down politics, hatred, tribalism and bigotry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by BetaThings: 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
kitaatita:

Unfortunately the same mentality is shared by SE politicians and so called leaders. They are already angry that a bridge is being built across their land by their enemy. They forget the most important questions that remain unanswered. Why is the bridge the only FG project to be on toll? And who are the beneficiaries of the toll? Why is the cost of the bridge higher than such projects anywhere?

Tolls are coming onto most roads - Ibadan expressway

http://www.punchng.com/new-toll-gates-to-be-located-at-old-spots-fashola/

The Federal Government has announced that it has concluded plans to re-introduce tolls on major highways across the country.

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), while appearing before the Senate Commitee on Federal Roads Maintenance Agency on Thursday, said 38 points had been identified in the first phase of the re-introduction

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by GGirll: 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
Build d bridge or not I will never vote for anything APC period I will never change my mind on this....useless government!!!!
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
BetaThings:

Tolls are coming onto most roads - Ibadan expressway

http://www.punchng.com/new-toll-gates-to-be-located-at-old-spots-fashola/

So, you are going to compare Lagos-Ibadan express with 2nd NB and must you pay tolls because other people are paying tolls to use Lagos Ibadan express?

The way you people reason sef...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
balosunky:
2019 is near

Yes na!
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
CaptJeffry:

what is d meaning of this trash u are saying. recall back to 2015. tell me percentage of the vote he got in those two region. he does not care about your vote, he's just doing what's needed to be done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
deomelllo:

1. Stop saying you are not bias, you are not a partisan or a tribalistic bigot because the above quote of yours sums up your hatred, bigotry and bitterness against the president of Nigeria.

2. PMB winning any election won't be up to ignorant and unintelligent bigots like you and considering the fact that you and your votes and your fellow SE Igbos was irrelevant and still won't be relevant in 2019 so I won't lose sleep over your worthless internet rant.

3.Back to the topic, the fact that you prefer and you are supporting a failed plan that asked you and your people to pay toll for 30 long years while the rest of Nigeria enjoy free FG infrastructures says a lot about you as a human being. You hate the President and other people more than you love yourself and our own people.

4. This is the problem with you people from that part of the country, your own self interested and well being comes last and hatred, bitterness, anger and bigotry against other people comes first.

And you wonder why you are always at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

You are just another hateful, bitter, disgruntled and frustrated ipob loser.

Simple truth is that I can never have time for tribal bigot and shallow minded people like you, since your definition of bigotry is when someone criticizes buhari, then I am too big and very busy for such, go and meet your fellow immature tribal bigots to rant with.... Cheers
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
Emmycute30:
I hope it won't end up uncompleted. 2019 is closer than they think....hmnn what do I know.

fashola is incharge you need not to worry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:

Simple truth is that I can never have time for tribal bigot and shallow minded people like you, since your definition of bigotry is when someone criticizes buhari, then I am too big and very busy for such, go and meet your fellow immature tribal bigots to rant with.... Cheers

Castroii:
Just like saying Buhari vows to fight fulani herdsmen knowing fully well he is the grand master of fulani herdsmen.
Jonathan regime was just a student and friend to corruption but Buhari himself is the grand master of corruption, forget all these talks about cabals, he is the chief cabal himself, looting the nation dry in a very subtle way knowing fully well that Nigerians have volatile memories and that the worst we can do is to shout cabal and react!.
since 2015 it has always been "I will, we shall, we vow, we plan to, we will have to"
If Pmb wins again come 2019, then I will be convinced that indeed, Nigeria is not even in God's map.

You are a bigot and the above quote of yours says it all.

You are nothing but another hateful, tribal, bitter and frustrated ipob bigot.

According to you, GEJ inflated the cost for the same bridge PMB revised and re-awarded at very less than what your crooked and corrupt Jona budgeted, still, bigots like you still want us to believe your hateful and bigoted nonsense that PMB is grand master of corruption.

You are too mentally, corrupt and bigoted for your own good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Kingsley10000: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
we the people of southeast and south south will vote for ba a if he can give us this bridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Kingsley10000: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
okechukwu buhari loves ndi igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ekanDamie: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
rusher14:

Knowing a site manager means squat.

The project is on going.

I have laid bare the history of the project way of a newspaper headline and your narrative would not alter this fact.

The bridge is yet to be built but denying those who have put in place some mechanism to get it done whilst trying to uplift those that idled away for 6 years is the height of hypocrisy and disservice.
Oh pls go to rest
@castroli just gave an objective analysis he wasnt indicting or applauding anyone.
dont know y u guy like to take sides on every issue rather than give objective analysis.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
ekanDamie:

Oh pls go to rest
@castroli just gave an objective analysis he wasnt indicting or applauding anyone.
dont know y u guy like to take sides on every issue rather than give objective analysis.

Saying the current government should have continued with a grossly corrupt and inflated contract that says the people of the SE must pay toll for 30 years to use FG infrastructure that other people use free of charge in their regions was objective analysis? grin grin

Sometimes I question you people's mental stability. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ekanDamie: 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
deomelllo:

Saying the current government should have continued with a grossly corrupt and inflated contract that says the people of the SE must pay toll for 30 years to use FG infrastructure that other people use free of charge in their regions was objective analysis? grin grin

Sometimes I question you people's mental stability. grin grin
Oga once u accept the fact that governance is not football where u are entertained by either being a barca or man fan then u can be said to b realistic and smart.
If GeJ plan was enslavement, then PMBs plan was a breakthrough.(cutting out ambiguities and enslavement) then in bout 5yrs of Gej and Bout 3yrs of Pmb what has been achieved by both of them?
Judgeing from the fact that the 1st niger bridge was completed in 6months?
They both and all have nothing to offer,
I feel sorry for u guys wen u defend pationately cultists who are pleasing their masters.
Work and pray hard and forget this peoole

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by profdee1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
Please, why is project always faster when election is approaching, and slow at the beginning of the administration?
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Torylanez(m): 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
americanson:
we are not moved. These people had better stopped trying everything to win Igbos. They think they WI forget the ones killer by this administration and the disappearance of Nnamdi Kanu?

bet u igbos said Jonathan already finished the bridge
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by cardoctor(m): 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2018
After some people go dey say wetin Buhari don do.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
ekanDamie:

Oga once u accept the fact that governance is not football where u are entertained by either being a barca or man fan then u can be said to b realistic and smart.
If GeJ plan was enslavement, then PMBs plan was a breakthrough.(cutting out ambiguities and enslavement) then in bout 5yrs of Gej and Bout 3yrs of Pmb what has been achieved by both of them?
Judgeing from the fact that the 1st niger bridge was completed in 6months?
They both and all have nothing to offer,
I feel sorry for u guys wen u defend pationately cultists who are pleasing their masters.
Work and pray hard and forget this peoole

That was actually 16 years of PDP and all the administrations before them so if you are going to compare, give PMB 16 years and the same funds/hundreds of billions of dollars available to them before coming up with your baseless, illogical and upside down comparison.

Work is ongoing in less than 3 years on a bridge that 16 years of PDP and decades of previous administrations couldn't build and this one is cooing up with meaningless and upside down comparison.

Hatred, bitterness and bigotry don consume your brain.

These Igbos and their ignorant and mediocre mentality sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by 9japrof(m): 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:
I am not beefing but one sure thing I know is that the FG has no cash for this project atleast at the moment, all these are for 2019 and i can swear down that you will still see same set of pix a year before 2024 elections. The Julius Berger I know, after 3 years on such a project should be installing precast structures on the piles by now but here they are at the pre- structural works still casting onshore piles after 3 years. I can tell you that 80% of the piling and geotechnical team of JBN who should be doing the piling works here including the equipment needed are currently in Lagos handling a private project and will soon be mobilizing to Bodo-Bonny project in Ph.
The last govt was to carry out the project through a concession under a public private partnership scheme though the cost was a bit inflated but the project would have gone far by now and the current govt cancelled the initial plan when they know they have no money but here we are, turning everything to politics.

Looks like you know a little bit too much than the average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Obidikefidelis(m): 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
This bridge have be awarded for so long all to nigga avail.
P m b what to use this for 2019 election bt we igbos ar wiser than Eva

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Called Omisore A Murderer On Saturday, Now Offered Him N450m — FFK / 2019 Presidency: Confident Okada Man Vows To Contest And Win Against Buhari / Ekweremadu To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.