Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (42471 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Aerial View Of The 2nd Niger Bridge (Drone Photos) / Drone Pictures Of On-Site Accessment Of The 2nd Niger Bridge - Images And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 29, 2018
rusher14:

Knowing a site manager means squat.

The project is on going.

I have laid bare the history of the project way of a newspaper headline and your narrative would not alter this fact.

The bridge is yet to be built but denying those who have put in place some mechanism to get it done whilst trying to uplift those that idled away for 6 years is the height of hypocrisy and disservice.
point of correction, I aint uplifting nobody. I only said PPP scheme by the last govt would have made better sense than whatever is happening there. What the current government should have done was to review the ppp agreement and close out every loopholes on the contract thereby making the cost a bit realistic instead of direct funding by the FG when they clearly said there was no money, its just common sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Gaddafiyusf(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nice one...
Nonsense, rubbish. Buhari must visit daura come 2019.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by luggy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
wilddee:
Sai Baba..... 2019 sure 4 u
ur useless terorrist babaa
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Pastorreal: 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
Hope it's not for political reasons?
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Navalsadiq(m): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
If them go construct bridge make them construct bridge. Them just they make noise
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Ospic2014: 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
[color=#990000][/color Doyin Okupe makes 15 shocking revelations on Second Niger Bridge

dailypost.ng Apr 14, 2018 7:41 AM

Doyin Okupe, a former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has made what he called 15 revelations about the Second Niger Bridge.

In a message he entitled “GEJ, Buhari & The People,” Okupe wrote:

[1] The Bridge is NOT Being Constructed by the FGN.

[2] It’s a PPP Project which the FGN contributes a tiny fraction.

[3] The 2nd Niger Bridge Will Cost about N117 billion.

[4] Started in 2013 and should have been completed in 2017, but worked stopped for 31 months. Completion date Not certain now.

[5] FGN share of the Cost is N30billion. Jonathan through the Sure-P paid N21.2billion (71%) including N7billion for the completion of preparatory work (Phase 1).

[6] 38% of the work has been done as at Jan 2015.
[7] The N140b Oshiomhole said was wasted on Admin cost on the bridge was a lie, as admin cost will not be higher the to cost of the whole project.

[8] Buhari’s Govt Paid N2billion NOT $2billion as Osinbajo said during the Anambra state election. They will be paying another N3.05 when 2018 budget is approved.

[9] Work has restarted in earnest at the site and about 5%-7% has been completed bring the total completed work to about 43% to 45% according to an engineer I spoke to.

[10] All the pictures flying all over the internet are pictures of work-in-progress made during the 1st quarter of 2015.

[11] In summary Jonathan Govt have paid 71% of FGN share of the cost, While Buhari’s govt has paid 6.1%.

[12] Julius Berger, the Major Contractor and Construction company will put Toll Gate on Completion of the Bridge to cover their cost.

[13] The Construction Company is Funding the Project and the People using the Bridge will bear the cost via Toll Charges.

[14] The real People building the Bride are Nigerians that will use the Bridge, as they will REPAY the cost to Julius Berger.

[15] For those celebrating “PMB/APC” and sharing old or fake pictures of 2nd Niger Bridge, the #Facts are Not on your side.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Reelmii: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
CaptJeffry:
APC's 2019 campaign tool for SE and SS zone is already in place but they'll be in for a big surprise this time.

The hunger in the land will overshadow Igbo people's excitement for the second Niger bridge.
do u blame them, how does the bridge put food on their table, before the bridge were they not moving about doing their business, no be person we don chop bellefull go buy car wey him go use cross bridge,? who the bridge epp
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by totorimi: 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Buhari does not have the political will to build this bridge to completion everything you see now is a political move to win the support of the south east for 2019. After the election quote me if work won't be abandoned thqere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by yinkus6750(m): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
GEJ is already on exile in Otuoke. Leave him . Let the government in power carry on with the project and let's see how far they will go before Feb 2019quote author=rusher14 post=67121606]

Leave story.
[/quote]
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by smyo(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
deceivers

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by famosh: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
americanson:
we are not moved. These people had better stopped trying everything to win Igbos. They think they WI forget the ones killer by this administration and the disappearance of Nnamdi Kanu?

Stop deluding yourselves! They didn't need your votes in 2015 and they still WON'T need your votes in 2019! They're only doing what should be done!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by alen4smith(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
balosunky:
2019 is near
your hero spent six years doing construction of the second Niger bridge on paper.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by famosh: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
ClintonEmex:
It's a political propaganda and if Buhari likes, let him build bridges in all the big rivers in Nigeria; he'll be defeated and sent back to Daura.
By who?
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by famosh: 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:
I am not beefing but one sure thing I know is that the FG has no cash for this project atleast at the moment, all these are for 2019 and i can swear down that you will still see same set of pix a year before 2024 elections. The Julius Berger I know, after 3 years on such a project should be installing precast structures on the piles by now but here they are at the pre- structural works still casting onshore piles after 3 years. I can tell you that 80% of the piling and geotechnical team of JBN who should be doing the piling works here including the equipment needed are currently in Lagos handling a private project and will soon be mobilizing to Bodo-Bonny project in Ph.
The last govt was to carry out the project through a concession under a public private partnership scheme though the cost was a bit inflated but the project would have gone far by now and the current govt cancelled the initial plan when they know they have no money but here we are, turning everything to politics.

You just said the cost was "a bit" inflated, & you're still wondering why it was cancelled by this government? Nawa for una!

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
Castroii:

I think you quoted the wrong guy, I am not your regular Apc vs Pdp nor GEJ vs Buhari fanatic. I say things the way I see them and gets annoyed when govt takes its citizens for dummies just like the way most politicians will soon start frying akara and snapping pix upandan as usual cos 2019 is near. What I wrote there is the plain fact. I don't do hearsay, i personally know a site manager on that project and I have first hand info on how cash is being disbursed for that project.........Cheers.

Castroii:
Just like saying Buhari vows to fight fulani herdsmen knowing fully well he is the grand master of fulani herdsmen.
Jonathan regime was just a student and friend to corruption but Buhari himself is the grand master of corruption, forget all these talks about cabals, he is the chief cabal himself, looting the nation dry in a very subtle way knowing fully well that Nigerians have volatile memories and that the worst we can do is to shout cabal and react!.
since 2015 it has always been "I will, we shall, we vow, we plan to, we will have to"
If Pmb wins again come 2019, then I will be convinced that indeed, Nigeria is not even in God's map.

Beats me why some of you try needlessly to hide your biases, affiliations and political state of mind just to sound legit when you post your illogical views and misguided opinions.

According to the above quote of yours is a reflection of your the mindless hate, bitterness and opposition against the President and his administration.

1. Where is the sense and wisdom in your warped views that the project won't be completed when in fact work is ongoing and contractors are still on site?

2. Jokes and all the political rubbish we spew on NL aside, no sensible government with conscience should under any circumstances allow the previous tolling and concession plans go ahead for the sake of fairness to the people in the region.

Why have them pay out of their own pocket for the bridge for 30 years via tolling while other regions in Nigeria enjoy FG roads and bridges free of charge?

GEJ's plan was cruel, thoughtless and mean spirited, it shouldn't have been concessioned do PB did the right thing, but you people are so tribally and politically juiced up to see and demand what's good and better in you own interest.

The current admin did the right thing because it should have been a Direct FG contract award instead

3. GEJ's plan was never about building that bridge and his budget was not only grossly inflated, it was not totally funded and the design was mediocre, hence the need to redesign the whole project.

4. This bridge should have been built and the current admin is involved now because previous admin, especially 16 years of PDP lies, deceptions and fake promises failed to deliver.

5. Didn't GEJ himself promised to build that bridge or exile himself? What happened.

Again, your post was a reflection of either your own ignorance or the usual NL flawed tribal and political rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ogunsj: 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
CaptJeffry:
APC's 2019 campaign tool for SE and SS zone is already in place but they'll be in for a big surprise this time.

The hunger in the land will overshadow Igbo people's excitement for the second Niger bridge.
what is really wrong with you people. 2015 buhari lost SS and SE he still won Overwhelmingly. in Nigeria political equation South East is as unimportant as P in psychology.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
famosh:

You just said the cost was "a bit" inflated, & you're still wondering why it was cancelled by this government? Nawa for una!

...because they can not keep up with their own upside down and illogical arguments.

It's like saying I know armed robbers are coming to rob me, but I still need to leave the door unlocked for them.

I just don't know why they let hate and bitterness affect or take away their own interests.

Mediocrity is like the mental and social norm in that part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by deomelllo: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
ogunsj:
what is really wrong with you people. 2015 buhari lost SS and SE he still won Overwhelmingly. in Nigeria political equation South East is as unimportant as P in psychology.

They are too delusional to see their own predicament and irrelevancies.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Kingsley10000: 2:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
thanks to buhari
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by MrBONE2(m): 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
ademusiwa3r:
they have to stop the bridge, they are crossing international line.
grin
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
deomelllo:

Beats me why some of you try needlessly to hide your biases, affiliations and political state of mind just to sound legit when you post your illogical views and misguided opinions.

According to the above quote of yours is a reflection of your the mindless hate, bitterness and opposition against the President and his administration.

1. Where is the sense and wisdom in your warped views that the project won't be completed when in fact work is ongoing and contractors are still on site?

2. Jokes and all the political rubbish we spew on NL aside, no sensible government with conscience should under any circumstances allow the previous tolling and concession plans go ahead for the sake of fairness to the people in the region.

Why have them pay out of their own pocket for the bridge for 30 years via tolling while other regions in Nigeria enjoy FG roads and bridges free of charge?

GEJ's plan was cruel, thoughtless and mean spirited, it shouldn't have been concessioned do PB did the right thing, but you people are so tribally and politically juiced up to see and demand what's good and better in you own interest.

The current admin did the right thing because it should have been a Direct FG contract award instead

3. GEJ's plan was never about building that bridge and his budget was not only grossly inflated, it was not totally funded and the design was mediocre, hence the need to redesign the whole project.

4. This bridge should have been built and the current admin is involved now because previous admin, especially 16 years of PDP lies, deceptions and fake promises failed to deliver.

5. Didn't GEJ himself promised to build that bridge or exile himself? What happened.

Again, your post was a reflection of either your own ignorance or the usual NL flawed tribal and political rubbish.

For the fact that I acknowledged that last administration was corrupt shows that i am non partisan unlike you, all I want is good governance which the current government has failed in all sides. Tell me with all this scandals happening under Pmb's watch if what i said is untrue.
One thing wis that you guys have been programmed to think that anybody who criticizes the government becomes pro Gej or a pdp member or hates Buhari. As a citizen of Nigeria, at least I have the right to request for good governance and speak out when the government is messing up,

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by ogunsj: 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Na hunger dey worry you.
it is because of you IPOB people that will make buhari to win easily in 2019. your hatred and tribal bigotry will sway the votes of other Nigerians to buhari. igbo tried it in Lagos by adopting Jimi agbaje while spitting fire, of course that worked against him, as even yorubas who hitherto were routing for Jimi agbaje made a volte face because of the igbos grand standing.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by abd4jhd: 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
ClintonEmex:
It's a political propaganda and if Buhari likes, let him build bridges in all the big rivers in Nigeria; he'll be defeated and sent back to Daura.
What if it happens the other way? Then u will be in state of depression for another 4 years

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by goldfish80(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
I passed through this bridge yesterday and I didn't see any kind of construction.
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Commendable Response. People like her don't have their own opinion they just jump on a band wagon. You pointed out a reasonable fact and all she could reply was that.Now that's a real lazy youth if ever there was a search for one.
Okoroawusa:

Thank you
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by excel4us: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
2019 IS NEAR
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by potterdon: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
Another Apc scam abeg which useless bridge the one they started last week grin mtcheww everyday they will be fooling themselves and zombies on nairaland
Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
famosh:

bros check out what i wrote first, you don't just cancel projects that way even with the current economic situation on ground then, atleast review the old contract agreement and make realistic and fair amendments. How much was even allocated to the ministry of works as a whole in the 2018 budget, and then tell me if at this rate this project can be completed in the next 4 years.
Bros all na wash, election don reach so its time to snap pix and make promises just like the last administration did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by CoolAmbience(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
balosunky:
2019 is near

So what?

Is the bridge not been worked on

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge by Deziem(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
Thinking my vote will go to APC because of this picture will be the most stupid thing I have ever done in my entire life...

Smh... I no need see any picture or even believe a word from anything APC. Their good morning be like good night

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Tinubu Rescued Oshiomhole, But Turned His Back On Obaseki - Premium Times / 6 Islamic Clerics Oppose Tinubu, Ask Muslims Not To Vote Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.