Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi (60285 Views)

List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / We've Paid June Salaries Without Federal Allocation, Says Ugwuanyi / State Viability Index: Full list from Economic Confidential - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Eduboy1990: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
Am just wondering if

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Elliot2(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
anyimontana:
ur English just took abia state further back...I blame u right now
na which ingrish be "further back'' again na?
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by conehead2018: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
MXrap:
Then the governors of those useless states should be be chased away because they have failed by not doing anything to develop their states. Restructuring will not make any difference if those governors are incompetent.

That means 90% of the governors will be chased out cos only few states have the enabling environment to create wealth within a shirt period of time as a result of all ready laid down infrastructure or federal presence eg Lagos,rivers,kano,Kaduna,delta,akwa ibom,bayelsa,e.tcwhile some are indigenous efforts eg anambara,abia,Enugu,..while some by virture of proximity eg Ogun,Oyo,etc.
The rest outside this category are what I called unfortunate States, unfortunate not that they are poor or lack the resources but,the system has kept them perpetually down and unless we restructure,notting meaningful will come out of the states...Do you know that nasarawa state has the capacity to be richer than any southern states if there potentials are fully harnessed?

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
This is a silly report. It's unjust to list Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and other oil producing states as economically unviable when the FG are tapping billions from their domain earch month. If you don't give them allocation, definitely they'll be in charge of their crude and earn revenues from there..

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by sirlop(m): 12:56am On Apr 30, 2018
fairfora:
''
Pointing Lagos as the state with the highest IGR, the state remains steadfast in its number one position in IGR with a total revenue generation of N333 billion compared to FAA of N201 billion which translate to 165 per cent in the twelve months of 2017''

I am not surprised, quoting the OP from the above. Make I recite Lagos' lullaby small grin....Lasgidi, the city of hope, the cosmopolitan city I rep wella, the 4th largest economy in Africa, wey beat many country in Africa in economic ratings. Lasgidi, Ilu ogbon, where everybody stands the chance of becoming somebody, Lasgidi I greet you, a city where a non-indigene would come and live in, bringing only a shirt and a Ghana must go bag and the same would leave, having millions in his pocket and becoming the bread winner of of his family. Lasgidi, a country in a country. Lasgidi, kare ooooooooo wink
Shows a system that isnt working. Lagos became great because our useless FG abandoned other ports in other regions. Govt policies helped Lagos.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:44am On Apr 30, 2018
sirlop:

Shows a system that isnt working. Lagos became great because our useless FG abandoned other ports in other regions. Govt policies helped Lagos.
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by userplainly(m): 5:35am On Apr 30, 2018
fairfora:
Who caused you all the misfortune bro? Blame your selfish leaders who refused to educate your restive youths for the backwardness your region is facing now . Before the advent of oil, Yorubas had been resilient and self-sustaining. We had cocoa and cola nuts and our leaders used the proceeds so well. Many infrastructure were built, including universities. You said we had beaches right? what happened to all your beaches? my friend who works for chevron said he once sighted a white shark in the deep sea in bayelsa where they operated. Bayelsa and delta have the most fertile land for the growth of rice. What use have you put this into? When our leaders were busy offering us free education , subsidizing it with the proceeds realised from cocoa and cola nuts, your leaders said education cannot be free and your youths were badly affected. Lagos was not the first capital in Nigeria. Why did Lokoja, the seat of Lord Lugard not developed? What about Calabar, one of the seats of colonialists and the capital of Nigeria at a time? You may say the federal government developed lagos, forgetting that all the ministeries had been relocated to abuja since early 80s and all the workers moved alongside. Al the ministeries are now sold and some are occupied by miscreants who seek shelters in them. Bayelsa is the second largest receiver of the federal allocation in Nigeria after akwa ibom yet the smallest of all states. Sadly, this has not reflected in the lives of the youths by providing employment. I once visited bayelsa and I almost wept. All I could see were young, agile young guys with bottles of kaikai in their hands in a place close to FMC, patronising the prostitutes who lined up along the road, looking for customers. Where are the huge allocations going? Bayelsa as small as it is with such huge allocation cannot pay workers' salary, so sad sad Our leaders worked hard to develop our region and that's the truth. Chief Lateef Jakanda built the largest estates in Africa in Lagos in his days as governor with the same allocations other states also received at that time while other governors were busy embezzling. I wish Rivers and Delta states were in yotubaland, OMG! We would have turned our region into paradise by now because our leaders are futuristic. Lagos is one of the safest states in the world and thanks to our successive governors who saw the protection of lives and properties are seen as their number one priority. Your south-south governors receive the same security votes, what are they using it for? Lagos IGR was not as much as it is today during the colonial era and when lagos was a seat of power. So, it's not the colonialists or the fed govt that made lagos what it is today as you claimed. Abuja receives much more attention of the federal government in such a shorter time, when compared to what they had spent in developing lagos for their decades of military rule in doddan barracks in Lagos. Lagos still offers free education to pupils regardless of where they are from, till today and medical treatment is free for the children in Lagos hospitals

I nearly wan shout but u said everything av been telling people! I give u thumbs up! I still don't know why we let the north produce rice for us in their dry land! av been to the north! I've seen their rice fame, very dry! they dig ditches and use pumping machines to bring water from the river!..... almost everywhere in warri, ughelli, patani n bayelsa is water logged! swaps n borrow pits!....perfect n easy rice pads but we don't know that! .... n guy our leaders r so wicked n illiterate to see the future!

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by MightySparrow: 7:06am On Apr 30, 2018
hisgrace090:
Why is abia state so backward despite it position in Nigeria?

Abia is not one of the poorest in Nigeria, but one of the poorest in development.

Just look at the anambra giant stride a state almost at per with abia state.

Simple logic, leaders with crippled minds have been ruling the state hence poor results.

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by trapQ: 7:20am On Apr 30, 2018
Then pls tell your parasitic states to stop taking ND money.
Arda1000:
if not for Niger delta Nigeria would have been better
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by trapQ: 7:21am On Apr 30, 2018
If Akwa Ibom were to keep 90% of its oil money you think it would need federal allocation from its own money?
kingkhan:
akwai IBOM is from where ?
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by nwadiuko1(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2018
Bede2u:
he means why cant Abia govt build infrastructure at par with Anambra since both got the same money
Abia is developing at its own pace......the state wasn't as lucky as Anambra with its past leaders.......but ikpeazu has turned things around........time will tell
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by boxypane(m): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2018
Kano!!!! State of Commerce!!!!
Chai..... Politicians at work there.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 30, 2018
sirlop:

Shows a system that isn't working. Lagos became great because our useless FG abandoned other ports in other regions. Govt policies helped Lagos.
you may be right but in my opinion, I don't think it's true sir. Have you been to onne port? It's as functional as Lagos port and it could have been much better , had their leaders not been selfish. Every region has the right to use the federal government's influence to develop their infrastructure. The niger-delta have oil but they cannot use the opportunity to develop their lands rather, they're busy embezzling, buying mansions all over the world at the expense of their teeming youths who are either not educated or jobless. Shell petroleum left Ogunu in Warri due to the ever-increasing kidnapping and killings of their staff by their youth Now, Ogunu is a deserted place and this has also taken a toll on the economic development in the region with hundreds of thousands of people becoming jobless. service providers were also affected. The problem of the south-south is leadership, same applies to other regions. They claimed we're too quiet and slow to act in yorubaland yet, the wisest. Whereas , you have to apply Wisdom in dealing with issues. Now, state policing will soon be effected as agitated and initiated by our leaders and it's been on the front burner from ages. The spate of insecurity in the land will hasten the process. It's not only our region that would benefit from this mind you. Ordinary light rail, rivers couldn't complete with all the huge allocation at their disposal, same with security of lives and property. You have cult killings here and there yet, couldn't be curtailed. When ordinary 2 km road is being commissioned, our media no go hear word again with publicity whereas, Lagos govt commissioned 30km roads
In total in just one day recently . Lagos has always been the forefront of development in Africa and thanks to good leadership. The question we need to ask ourselves is, the so-called port, what has Lagos stood to benefit ? Does it belong to the state or fed govt? Between the time the military govt left Lagos and now, the state's IGR have grown tremendously,. They say chevron and mobil should relocate to niger.delta when you and I know the place isn't safe because their leaders have failed to creates enabling environment for companies to thrive. They say Lagos realises huge revenues from the oil companies here and we do ask people how? Because they came to Lagos to buy land to build offices just like others did
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Skepticus: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2018
fairfora:
Who caused you all the misfortune bro? Blame your selfish leaders who refused to educate your restive youths for the backwardness your region is facing now . Before the advent of oil, Yorubas had been resilient and self-sustaining. We had cocoa and cola nuts and our leaders used the proceeds so well. Many infrastructure were built, including universities. You said we had beaches right? what happened to all your beaches? my friend who works for chevron said he once sighted a white shark in the deep sea in bayelsa where they operated. Bayelsa and delta have the most fertile land for the growth of rice. What use have you put this into? When our leaders were busy offering us free education , subsidizing it with the proceeds realised from cocoa and cola nuts, your leaders said education cannot be free and your youths were badly affected. Lagos was not the first capital in Nigeria. Why did Lokoja, the seat of Lord Lugard not developed? What about Calabar, one of the seats of colonialists and the capital of Nigeria at a time? You may say the federal government developed lagos, forgetting that all the ministeries had been relocated to abuja since early 80s and all the workers moved alongside. Al the ministeries are now sold and some are occupied by miscreants who seek shelters in them. Bayelsa is the second largest receiver of the federal allocation in Nigeria after akwa ibom yet the smallest of all states. Sadly, this has not reflected in the lives of the youths by providing employment. I once visited bayelsa and I almost wept. All I could see were young, agile young guys with bottles of kaikai in their hands in a place close to FMC, patronising the prostitutes who lined up along the road, looking for customers. Where are the huge allocations going? Bayelsa as small as it is with such huge allocation cannot pay workers' salary, so sad sad Our leaders worked hard to develop our region and that's the truth. Chief Lateef Jakanda built the largest estates in Africa in Lagos in his days as governor with the same allocations other states also received at that time while other governors were busy embezzling. I wish Rivers and Delta states were in yotubaland, OMG! We would have turned our region into paradise by now because our leaders are futuristic. Lagos is one of the safest states in the world and thanks to our successive governors who saw the protection of lives and properties are seen as their number one priority. Your south-south governors receive the same security votes, what are they using it for? Lagos IGR was not as much as it is today during the colonial era and when lagos was a seat of power. So, it's not the colonialists or the fed govt that made lagos what it is today as you claimed. Abuja receives much more attention of the federal government in such a shorter time, when compared to what they had spent in developing lagos for their decades of military rule in doddan barracks in Lagos. Lagos still offers free education to pupils regardless of where they are from, till today and medical treatment is free for the children in Lagos hospitals

Guy, you just give me joy.

What caught my attention in this article was Bayelsa (oil-producing state) that receive more allocation than any other state, and still cannot pay salaries.

The Core Hausa North and the Niger Delta have the highest number of lazy and unproductive youths in Nigeria.

During my days in Yenagoa, see young men refusing to work, only to drink all day and waiting to extort crumbs from other hard working citizen

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by murmee: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2018
sircrabo:
NO WONDER SOME PEOPLE DONT WANT BIAFRA.

CHAIII

IT IS WELL
You should have said 'No wonder some people don't want Restructuring'
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by jibs4lv(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2018
userplainly:

have you been to delta bfo? junkie! do you think we depend on the oil to survive?. DELTA STATE IS SO DIVERSIFIED it sometimes feels like a small country, we have five major cities with warri being the biggest and more developed.. oga travel n research bfo u talk! our oil feed most states in the north, east and west!.. yet u open ur shovel teeth dey talk rubbish!
e pain am grin
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by jibs4lv(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2018
Buffalowings3:

Bros
Why is my state appearing twice?
eyaa what a luck state , it means your state depends on national and international grin

1 Like

Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Mejor79(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2018
Imo is suppose to have higher IGR but funds are all looted into individual pockets.
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by simeotexy: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
cry our oil money
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Arda1000(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:
Then pls tell your parasitic states to stop taking ND money.
my state is parasitic state am Igbo from Enugu we don't depend on Niger delta
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by trapQ: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sorry, wasn't referring to you. Thought you were from the north
Arda1000:
my state is parasitic state am Igbo from Enugu we don't depend on Niger delta
Re: 14 States Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation- Economic Confidential Magazi by Arda1000(m): 12:11am On May 01, 2018
trapQ:
Sorry, wasn't referring to you. Thought you were from the north
no problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Is Not In Nigeria, Man From Sudan Impersonating Him" / Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Wike's Adviser Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested With Thugs During Rivers Election (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.