Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos (62386 Views)

More Helicopter Gunships, Fighter Aircraft Deployed To Zamfara State. Photos / NAF MI-35M Helicopter Gunship Records First Hit In Boko Haram Battle(video) / ICRC Moving Released Chibok Girls NAF MI- 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by Mcreloaded(m): 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
Solatium:

Markudi in Venue state is our Airfoce Central base,all Military equipment are usually delivered through that Military base for security and confidentiality.
it can then be deployed to the battlefield or any of the Squadron Command as dim fit by the Airfoce Authority
Thanks for the info did not know

1 Like

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by phase1: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Untainted007:
Money that goes into security alone is unending. I pray God will give this country the perfect we ever deserves. And may God expose all the sponsors of Boko Haram and Herdsmen, they shall find no peace until cry out for help.

Even if nigeria likes it should spend 600 zillion dollars on security it will be akin to pouring water on stone without true justice. You can't buy peace.

1 Like

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by justtoodark: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
but we must admit....buhari is doing what jonathan couldnt do....

1 Like

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by dcole73: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
three:

As long as they don't 'fall over' embarassed

https://www.icirnigeria.org/presidential-aircraft-donated-naf-crashes-makurdi/

Abeg, no pray bad prayer.
Let Boko Haram fall over instead.
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by ogundeleai(m): 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Untainted007:
Money that goes into security alone is unending. I pray God will give this country the perfect we ever deserves. And may God expose all the sponsors of Boko Haram and Herdsmen, they shall find no peace until cry out for help.
.... Just imagine all above comment before yours... It is clear to differentiate comments that are Rational and those that were made just to attract 'likes'... You are rational individual
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by buhariguy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
donqx:

I can see how proactive you are aswell.I guess you are from the north which is far from development and exposure...despite poverty and agony in the said northern nigeria and your people has been ruling the said country military wise now democratic without a significant change in the said nothern part. spending huge sum to buy fighter jets to combat boko haram in the said northern part is called proactive when over 90percent of northerners can't even affors one square meal in a day.

I hope you are aware how tough and rough it is for nigerians to get by since so call APC came in.can you point out to a single achievement ...I am from southwest and once blame jonathan govt never knew it will get worse..atleast I can still point to sagamu road and some other notable projecta jonathan did ...none can be said of apc.we kept talking about corruption whereas it is worst under this admnistration not only worse it is killing because they do it in silence so people don't really know billions are shared and it doesn't reflect in circulation .

we hope for better days. I guess the solution is not getting pvc.nigerians are not stupid.getting the pvc is not the issue.their is no one to vote for .so many failed promises.that's why nigerians care less about voting .
let me laugh you small.

Fashola challenge any idiotic pigs to tell him any state you cannot found a contractor working.

The first in the history of Nigeria for a federal government to have released 1.2tr naira in a year for capital project.

I repeat.

Buhari is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria.
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by buhariguy(m): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
phase1:

Even if nigeria likes it should spend 600 zillion dollars on security it will be akin to pouring water on stone without true justice. You can't buy peace.
but we subdued the lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra to peace and to be law abiding citizen of Nigeria.
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 8:13am On May 01, 2018
martyns303:

who paid for them?

Ghana!
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by victorvick(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2018
That is a tokunbo helicopter � 1972 model
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 8:44am On May 01, 2018
martyns303:

This is educative, OK, so what u r saying is, every year there is a provision for weapons procurement in the budget?

If yes, has it always been so, and where have all the funds gone, considering we should have had a great arsenal by now.

if not, when did they start adding this procurements in the budget.

why are most of the items listed as "second-hand", we can't afford a new one?

I read somewhere buying weapons is a process that takes years b4 the items are delivered, when was this batch ordered?

if there is a budget for these every year, why did the president take out EXTRA money to pay for the aircrafts now in debate in the Senate?

Bros,

I'm afraid, you're asking questions that the answers are already known and in the public domain.

1. That you don't know that procure of military hardware is in budget virtually every year, I find even unbelievable. You expect any typical country not to do so? Or is it that you don't read budget documents?

2. Where have all the funds gone to? We can start with Dasuki saga..... Getting a sneak peak into what some previous government(s) did with military budgets...... an avenue of massive looting.....

3. Why most listed as second-hand? Ideally there's nothing wrong with second-hand, especially if the technology is still advanced, hardware still good and taylored to our needs and pockets. When you see it listed in official documents, it's most likely that there are official discussions and agreements to it. What is despicable is when we get funding for brand new and go get second-hand that end up not working.

4. This batch was ordered 2years ago. Read the Airforce report

5.Your final question came out ignorant. Except we want to play to the gallery, politics or ethnic polarity, and there was no "extra" money taken. The FG and US govt started (re)negotiations for this deal in August 2017. Note that all thro the life of the previous govt(s), US has refused to sell us military hardware. This deal was concluded and agreed to, the cost put in the budget that was submitted in November 2017, which is yet to be passed. The proviso on the deal was that we make payment by end of February 2018 or deal was off. Now the President explored one of the "grey areas" (ECA) to make the payment, then seek a retroactive approval from the Senate, since same is already in the budget before them. Ideally if we have a serious Senate, budget should have been passed by now or better still, the section in the budget where this deal exist should have been quickly reviewed. The Senate has no hold over the ECA because it is the joint ownership and exclusive preserve of state and FG. The president is also allowed by law to make capital expenditure for urgent national purpose pending budget approval provided its with 6 months of the budget year and less than 25%.

1 Like

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 8:54am On May 01, 2018
Mcreloaded:
Why transit through Benue knowing fully well the helicopter is destined for Kaduna unless Kaduna airport cannot accommodate the cargo plane that brought the helicopters or is it to give Benue people hope by just seeing

The problem with many of you is that you don't read at all. It just takes an ignorant fellow to ask a lame question and many of you follow suite.

First off, did the Airforce tell you that the choppers are destined for Kaduna? Meanwhile Markurdi is the major hub of Airforce engineering and the report has it that the helicopters were transported partly assembled.........

1 Like

Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by martyns303(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2018
mapet:

Bros,

I'm afraid, you're asking questions that the answers are already known and in the public domain.

1. That you don't know that procure of military hardware is in budget virtually every year, I find even unbelievable. You expect any typical country not to do so? Or is it that you don't read budget documents?

2. Where have all the funds gone to? We can start with Dasuki saga..... Getting a sneak peak into what some previous government(s) did with military budgets...... an avenue of massive looting.....

3. Why most listed as second-hand? Ideally there's nothing wrong with second-hand, especially if the technology is still advanced, hardware still good and taylored to our needs and pockets. When you see it listed in official documents, it's most likely that there are official discussions and agreements to it. What is despicable is when we get funding for brand new and go get second-hand that end up not working.

4. This batch was ordered 2years ago. Read the Airforce report

5.Your final question came out ignorant. Except we want to play to the gallery, politics or ethnic polarity, and there was no "extra" money taken. The FG and US govt started (re)negotiations for this deal in August 2017. Note that all thro the life of the previous govt(s), US has refused to sell us military hardware. This deal was concluded and agreed to, the cost put in the budget that was submitted in November 2017, which is yet to be passed. The proviso on the deal was that we make payment by end of February 2018 or deal was off. Now the President explored one of the "grey areas" (ECA) to make the payment, then seek a retroactive approval from the Senate, since same is already in the budget before them. Ideally if we have a serious Senate, budget should have been passed by now or better still, the section in the budget where this deal exist should have been quickly reviewed. The Senate has no hold over the ECA because it is the joint ownership and exclusive preserve of state and FG. The president is also allowed by law to make capital expenditure for urgent national purpose pending budget approval provided its with 6 months of the budget year and less than 25%.

My questions have no political motives or any other motive at that. just because u have these informations at ur disposal doesn't mean everyone else does. Thanks for taking out time to explain them.
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 8:56am On May 01, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Why is the Mi35 being brought to Benue instead of Borno ..

You mean they should land them in Sambisa? You can never be less comical grin grin grin
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 9:00am On May 01, 2018
whitebeard:
leave the ignorant fellow to keep advertising his ignorance.. But I believe Nigeria should get closer to Russia than america..Russians give us good weapons without drama..!!

Buying weapons also serve to forge alliances(Military, Trade, Economic and Humanitarian) . You don't just put all your eggs in one basket.
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by mapet: 9:05am On May 01, 2018
Drnice2:
Re-read my post again & stop blaffing upandan. If you aren't seeing any loopholes there, then you must be for Change. Besides, who made you Judge over my post, telling me what I look or cherish like? Sire, Wash ur eyes, ok!

Each time your initial post is (re)read, it comes out dumber. The loophole is obviously in your shortcomings - you neither read nor comprehend (still) the report, you're arguing blind, foolishly and arrogantly. You don't even make a basic-intelligent submission. You end up qualifying as the #LazyNigerianYouth being referred to
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by Mcreloaded(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2018
mapet:

The problem with many of you is that you don't read at all. It just takes an ignorant fellow to ask a lame question and many of you follow suite.

First off, did the Airforce tell you that the choppers are destined for Kaduna? Meanwhile Markurdi is the major hub of Airforce engineering and the report has it that the helicopters were transported partly assembled.........

I asked a question and someone already explained to me and now I know better thanks all the same
Re: NAF Mi-35M Helicopter Gunships From Russia Land In Benue State. Photos by Untainted007: 4:12pm On May 01, 2018
ogundeleai:

.... Just imagine all above comment before yours... It is clear to differentiate comments that are Rational and those that were made just to attract 'likes'... You are rational individual
You are entitle to your own opinion. Ain't writing to be liked or not but I bliv if same amount is spent on basic infrastructural amenities lives of people will be better off than it is now. A hungry man is an angry man. An idle hand is a devil's workshop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Maqari On Deborah Samuel: Muslims Have Red Line That Must Not Be Crossed / Watch Remi Tinubu Harass Obanikoro On The Floors Of The Senate Chamber / Buhari's Inconclusive Medical Vacation: Aljazeera Analyses The Fear Of The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.