Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump (42978 Views)

Abba Kyari's Burial : Lai Mohammed Has Further Ruined His Reputation - Afenifere / Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption And We Won’t Tolerate Killings / Dino Melaye's "Antidotes For Corruption: The Nigerian Story": Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by IamJames: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeria has a massive corruption problem, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday while receiving President Muhammadu Buhari at the White House.

But the U.S. will continue to offer its support for Nigeria to proffer a lasting solution to the menace.

“Nigeria has massive reputation for corruption,” Mr Trump said while standing by Mr Buhari. “I discussed it with the president and we agreed to do something on it.”

“We are working to cut” the corruption cases down, Mr Trump added.

Mr Buhari did not object to the observation, which he had repeatedly acknowledged publicly himself, and instead showed appreciation for the support of the U.S.

Asked whether he was offended by Mr Trump’s alleged denigration of African countries in the past, Mr Buhari said he was skeptical about the media reports and would rather not comment on them.

“I am being careful about what the press says about others and myself. But the best thing for me to do is to keep quiet,” Mr Buhari said.

Mr Buhari said his government had done a lot to curb human rights abuses in Nigeria, especially in the ongoing war against Boko Haram.

“The government of Nigeria remains committed to human right,” even in the course of fighting terrorism, Mr Buhari said.

Mr Buhari said he had no problem with the presence of American troops in Nigeria, saying they are only in his country to offer training and other support that are crucial to winning the war against terrorism.

“This is one of the best thing the United States could do for our country,” Mr Buhari said when asked whether he was concerned about the police role being played by America across the world.

Mr Trump said Mr Buhari’s comments were fair, but added that he would want to see America scale back its supervisory role across the world while improving trade with other countries.

“We wanna police our country. What we want to do now is to open Nigeria and other countries to trade,” he said.

On the concerns about low patronage of Nigerian crude by the U.S. in recent years, Mr Buhari said he would not tell another country what to do. He praised the U.S. for its technological innovations that have helped reduce its reliance on oil.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/266724-nigeria-has-a-massive-reputation-for-corruption-trump.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by daben1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
He's very right... All of us!!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by daewoorazer(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2018

Buhari, if you don’t understand ask o!!!

Massive corruption NOT= mastiff kwara sun

272 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Heavance(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
And we have a very high number of religious people o (Christians, Muslims, even traditionalist).

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by IamJames: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump always blunt with his words, always saying it as it is

162 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Queenext: 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
He hit the nail on the head.

Seems our politicians try to outdo one another in looting spree.

Wicked set of people, at the end,they will relocate their family overseas, and become second class citizens, even with their stolen wealth.

Africa's natural disaster is bad leadership

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by wildcatter23(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
I have nothing to say

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by LordAdamX: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Say it like it is!

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by eagleeye2: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
daben1:
He's very right... All of us!!
Count me out

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari don cast us again.
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by israelboy1(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
The funny thing is...nobody has done any thing about it....all we have been hearing is.... we recovered so so amount....blablabla...

Only God knows if they do recover what was once recovered....cos, that's what we have been hearing...without any evidence of seeing the impact of what was actually recovered...all we see is media stunt.

Smh * 100

Just tired of almost everything in this country, cos nothing seems to work ...and, I think most of us have lost it...always praising what won't contribute to the development of our nation, ready to give full support to things that really do not matter...but, once our ego is attacked....we tend to come out...with full force ...from our hive...

I just weak for the matter on ground self...but I know...it can always get better...if we really want it to.

Nigeria, good people great nation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Lizilicious(f): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
At least he didn't say any terrible things...
Oga do and come back, we need to talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by FECOSON: 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
I believe that one day Nigerian President will be saying the same thing to Americans, just one day

Be it thousand years to come, Nigeria will be truly great one day.

Only change is permanent.

To achieve this, we must be one.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by teemanbastos(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
IamJames:
Trump always blunt with his words, always saying it as it is

True talk sir.
A rare type of leader he is.
Though Over 70 but he's a man of vigor and action.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by emmyw(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari Self
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by policy12: 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
..Nigeria has a massive corruption problem, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday...

True talk, it run in our DNA.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Jaykolo10(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
The truth is always bitter.. when he said naija was a beautiful place now... they were shouting... tchwww

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by HajimeSaito(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin

The dull-ard was probably standing there like a terrified student in the presence of the school principal. I wonder how he felt when Trump used the same negative language about his country which he himself uses regularly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Tezboi(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
I saw buhari in my dream trekking to daura. I woke up & i smiled. I av neva had a dream so sweet as dis

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by sexdoll: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
All thanks to Jona - our stealing is not corruption hero.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Yeligray(m): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Akpurapumbem
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Yeligray(m): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
sexdoll:
All thanks to Jona - our stealing is not corruption hero.
cry

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Macmoni(m): 11:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
oga sir.....it all started with DAT man DAT came to c u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by futureenergy: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mr Buhari was largely intelligent in answering questions. Make your points, talk less.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by itycyril: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
T??
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by TEYA: 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
N
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by justuschi50: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
eagleeye2:

Count me out
my friend shut up like say if u enter any political post if u no go embezzle money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by justuschi50: 11:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
eagleeye2:

Count me out
my friend shut up like say if u enter any political post if u no go embezzle money it is black man life
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Missonas(f): 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
Is Trump saying Nigeria is beautifully corrupt cos i am not understanding undecided
Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
Igbos right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has A Massive Reputation For Corruption — Trump by KingLennon(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
daewoorazer:

Buhari, if you don’t understand ask o!!!

Massive corruption NOT= mastiff kwara sun

Savagery gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Arabian Police Arrest 30 Nigerians For Displaying Tinubu's Campaign Poster / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Dami Osinbajo Graduates From Dartmouth College In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.