Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,896 members, 7,844,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe (1032 Views)

Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by AloyEmeka5: 10:47pm On May 19, 2010
[size=14pt]Dear Agatha, My boyfriend complains about my tribe, height[/size]

Dear Agatha,

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/19/401.html

I thank God Almighty for your life and pray he continues to increase your wisdom. May you be watered as you water God’s people.

I have been in a relationship with a Christian brother for almost a year now. He asked me to marry him from the onset and I conceded after a few months. The relationship, to a great extent, has not really been fun-filled and fulfilling as I expected.

Along the line, he told me his parent and siblings have expressed reservations for his choice of a life partner. I am an Igbo, while he is an Edo man. When we went to visit his people, they actually acted out their disapproval.

This isn’t the only challenge the relationship is facing. He is also having issues with my height. I am of an average height and he is not really on the tall side. One of his complaints is that he doesn’t want to have children who are would not be tall.

Right now the whole thing is hanging but he doesn’t appear to want to break up the relationship. I’ve not walked out because most things about him seem like prayers answered to me.

What do I do? Do I tell him off or just watch him do what he wants to do? I have just two weeks, starting from today, to take a decision.

Please, I really count on your advice.

Mabella.
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by odiaero3(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2010
@poster, if he complain the he do not like ur tribe
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by hollandis(f): 11:14pm On May 19, 2010
Kai I cant marry short girls.I dont want to give birth to SHUKRUBINTUS shocked > grin
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by AloyEmeka5: 11:57pm On May 19, 2010
hollandis:

Kai I cant marry short girls.I dont want to give birth to SHUKRUBINTUS shocked > grin

Short men are usually the ones who talk the way you do.
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by hollandis(f): 12:09am On May 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Short men are usually the ones who talk the way you do.
Still I dont need short women tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by AloyEmeka5: 12:25am On May 20, 2010
hollandis:

Still I dont need short women tongue

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by abrahym(m): 12:26am On May 20, 2010
long story,just too lazy to read it
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by okeyazu: 10:10am On May 20, 2010
Pray about it; what GOD says is the final, no matter what the family is saying or ur tribe does not matter just pray.
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by SALady(f): 10:38am On May 20, 2010
What's love got to do with it "Tribe"?
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by rocnaija(m): 10:48am On May 20, 2010
abrahym:

long story,just too lazy to read it

You must really despise books then, no?
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by AloyEmeka5: 11:28am On May 20, 2010
SA Lady:

What's love got to do with it "Tribe"?

Not in Nigeria. Even cancer or HIV is caused by tribes in Nigeria.
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by SAGoddess: 11:33am On May 20, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Not in Nigeria. Even cancer or HIV is caused by tribes in Nigeria.

LOL, that is funny but I get it.  My helper/housekeeper was telling me yesterday that she miscarried a couple of times because someone was bewitching her because she (other woman) wanted her husband, WTF, she is adamant too so I can't say jack about it, except "OK"!  cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by queeneve: 11:46am On May 20, 2010
SA,

Suggest to your housekeeper that she get her cervix sew shut when she get pregnant again often time when a woman's miscarries it can be the cervix isn't strong enough to sustain the pregnancy. I don't what kind doctor she is dealing with but the doctor should have looked into that.

Poster,

My fiance is Igbo and he is tall. I am short in comparison, but his family calls me CUTIE MIDGET because they are over SIX FEET TALL, but I told them being short has it advantage, I can fix in smaller place when it time to hide!

Your boyfriend just have a complex with being short and his insecurity is affecting the relationship however, you must decide what you want to deal with and how you are going to deal with it. IF the relationship continue on a rocky ground, it will soon CRASH.
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by SAGoddess: 11:56am On May 20, 2010
My housekeeper is now 50 so not making babies anymore, she managed to have two kids after the miscarriages and also she is from a rural background so in her mind, she was being bewitched, thanks anyway!
Re: My Boyfriend Complains About My Tribe by AloyEmeka5: 11:42pm On May 20, 2010
SA Goddess:

My housekeeper is now 50 so not making babies anymore, she managed to have two kids after the miscarriages and also she is from a rural background so in her mind, she was being bewitched, thanks anyway!

That is Africa for you. She wouldn't care to check whether she has a hidden health problem responsible for that because she is convinced that another woman who is sleeping with her husband is eating her children.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Don't Judge Me / How Do I Handle This? / What Do You Say About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.