Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:36 AM

Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria (48929 Views)

Directory of Islamic Orphanages in Nigeria / A Directory Of Islamic Websites / Importance Of Good Manners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by tbaba1234: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
Elebiju: God!I just fell in love with d way u folks mingle here pls how can I be a Muslim? as for d school around ketu I'll help u make enquiries cos I stay in ketu

Ma salam

Salam,

To become muslim, You have to first of all, believe in the absolute oneness of God and believe in the Muhammed( Peace and blessings be upon him) as his messenger & prophet, also you must believe that Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him) is a messenger & prophet of God, not God or son of God.

Once you believe that, you are essentially muslim, You just need to say the testimony of faith; It goes as follows:

In English: “I bear witness that there is no true deity worthy of worship except God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.”

In Arabic: “ Ashadu aLa ilaha illa Allah, wa Ashadu ana Muhammadur rasoolu Allah.”

Once you say that with conviction, you are muslim..... If you have any questions, Send me an email tbaba_1234@yahoo.com

Translation of the Quran in Pdf:

http://asadullahali.files./2010/09/the_quran.pdf
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by Lovine: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
So you mean there are bad and terrible Islamic institutions there? Which Mosques do they worship? And what have the Islamic authorities done about that?
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by Lovine: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
Salam,

To become muslim, You have to first of all, believe in the absolute oneness of God and believe in the Muhammed( Peace and blessings be upon him) as his messenger & prophet, also you must believe that Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him) is a messenger & prophet of God, not God or son of God.

Once you believe that, you are essentially muslim, You just need to say the testimony of faith; It goes as follows:

In English: “I bear witness that there is no true deity worthy of worship except God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.”

In Arabic: “ Ashadu aLa ilaha illa Allah, wa Ashadu ana Muhammadur rasoolu Allah.”

Once you say that with conviction, you are muslim..... If you have any questions, Send me an email tbaba_1234@yahoo.com

Translation of the Quran in Pdf:

Do you want to tell me that the Hindus and Christians have nothing to do with Allahu or anyone who is not a Muslim will not inherit Paradise?
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2012
Lovine: So you mean there are bad and terrible Islamic institutions there? Which Mosques do they worship? And what have the Islamic authorities done about that?

Good in terms of the quality of education... you have good schools and bad schools

Do you want to tell me that the Hindus and Christians have nothing to do with Allahu or anyone who is not a Muslim will not inherit Paradise?

*off topic

A muslim is one who submits his will to the will of God;

Anyone who associates created beings as partners with God, whether it is stones, rocks or humans will not inherit paradise...

A person who learns about Islam in a true and clear form, and rejects it will have witness against him.... A person who doesn't hear the message of Islam would be not be punished until they are tested by Allah on judgement day...

Allah says:

And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger.” [Al-Isra 17:15].

All the same, we do not make judgement on people, we are concerned about our own salvation, Judgement is for Allah!!
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
Please let us try to remain within topic especially @Lovine.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by pharmow: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
@maclatunji U are doing a great job blocking msgs that will derail the topic
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
haky4all: Salam,

I am looking for islamic school for my daughter also.I learnt there is one very close to yaba bus-stop ,along the road to your left when going from yaba to oyingbo.

I will be checking it out on tuesday insha Allah because I have not been around for some time now.

Salam Alaykum

It is called Fareedah. I think it's ok.

Your description of the place is appropriate. It's like two or three buildings after STB McCain, before the junction where you'll turn to Ozone
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by Sapphiredamsel(f): 2:47am On Sep 08, 2012
I know of Al faruq college,ejigbo(graduated from there); Fief academy,okota; At taqwa schools,agege;An najat Schools, satalite town;Alfurqan School(cant remember d location). Will be back with more
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
Why is it soo hard to find a muslim school in southwest nigeria? Am still coming to grips with south west nigeria and the rare sightings of islam compared with north.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 09, 2012
Why is it soo hard to find a muslim
school in southwest nigeria? Am
still coming to grips with south west
nigeria and the rare sightings of
islam compared with north.
Well, In ibadan, dere is Tais College @ apata. It has primary and secondary school. I saw it when I was strolling around.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by deols(f): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ad deen group of schools,Ibadan.
Qiblah(donno how they end that).
Taas group of schools,Ibadan.
Al hayyu model schools,Ibadan.
AllahuSamad(group of schools?) Ibadan.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by ghazzal: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
First time in "Islam for MUslims" section. this is lovely. May God reward you guys.
pls is there a good montessori school around ijaiye/meiran axis. north of Lagos
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
Al-Hijrah College, Ibadan is a very good secondary school.

Please let us be mindful of the word 'good' here. We don't just want to mention the names of muslim schools, we want the good ones. One can not pass by a school and conclude that it is good/bad. Certain criteria must be met by a school to rate it as been good.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 6:07am On Sep 21, 2012
Little Scholar School
Rock road, Malali, Kaduna. It combine conventional with Islamic education.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 6:09am On Sep 21, 2012
Al Madinah international school
Ja Abdulkadir road, unguar rimi. Kaduna
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 6:10am On Sep 21, 2012
Masha Allah international school.
Tanke, Ilorin Kwara State
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by olawalebabs(m): 6:19am On Sep 21, 2012
Olive Private School,
Unguar Sanusi behind Kaduna Poly, Kaduna
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2012
zayhal: Al-Hijrah College, Ibadan is a very good secondary school.

Please let us be mindful of the word 'good' here. We don't just want to mention the names of muslim schools, we want the good ones. One can not pass by a school and conclude that it is good/bad. Certain criteria must be met by a school to rate it as been good.

It might be helpful if you defined parameters for assessing the suitability of a school for a Muslim child.

You might be surprised to know that there are many people who don't know what to look out for.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2012
zayhal: Al-Hijrah College, Ibadan is a very good secondary school.

Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
-Qualified teachers with Bsc/B.ed with a good command of English language both written and spoken.

-the school must have a good board of management/directors that'll include educationists.

-serene environment for learning.

-standard infrastructure.

-owner/owners must be well-practising muslim(s).

-having a curriculum that includes sound hifz learning.

-ALL teachers must be muslims.

... and so on.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bsc/B.ed is minimum qualification.

I won't call an Islamic school that has a christian as head teacher a good school nor one that encourages free mixing of boys and girls (in secondary classes). Some of the schools mentioned by some people up here are guilty of those.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
^When are you starting your own school?
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
^what brought about that question?

*typical Nigerian answering a question with another* lol
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2012
zayhal: ^what brought about that question?

*typical Nigerian answering a question with another* lol

I can tell, you would love to have one. My intuition is razor sharp.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2012
I must admit, you're not far from the truth. But it is not something I really dreamt of having. The thought always creeps in when I see the great need for it, when I see the sham of 'Islamic schools' that we have on ground. But it is not something one can rush into. It is not about having some cash and a building to call a school. The right things must be put in place to actualise the big dream of the kind of Islamic school I yearn for.

I have come to realise that most of the muslim schools we have now find it difficult to merge sound western education with the pristine Islam. They usually fall in two extremes: some been very good in the Islamic aspect but having half-baked teachers and mediocrity system, and the other having a good grasp of the academics but with a joke in Islamic values.

You'll want to put a child in school and search around to see many schools, yet finding none. It's bothersome.

1 Like

Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2012
zayhal: I must admit, you're not far from the truth. But it is not something I really dreamt of having. The thought always creeps in when I see the great need for it, when I see the sham of 'Islamic schools' that we have on ground. But it is not something one can rush into. It is not about having some cash and a building to call a school. The right things must be put in place to actualise the big dream of the kind of Islamic school I yearn for.

I have come to realise that most of the muslim schools we have now find it difficult to merge sound western education with the pristine Islam. They usually fall in two extremes: some been very good in the Islamic aspect but having half-baked teachers and mediocrity system, and the other having a good grasp of the academics but with a joke in Islamic values.

You'll want to put a child in school and search around to see many schools, yet finding none. It's bothersome.

Take your time. Insha Allah, you will achieve it. I know you have what it takes.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
My concern is for us to have these good schools not necessarily me having one. Afterall, even if I have one, it can not go round. I wish we have a regulatory body that looks into the standardization of all Islamic schools.

1 Like

Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2012
zayhal: Thanks for the vote of confidence.
My concern is for us to have these good schools not necessarily me having one. Afterall, even if I have one, it can not go round. I wish we have a regulatory body that looks into the standardization of all Islamic schools.

That's beyond your powers, the Ministries of Education at State and Federal levels have that power. However, if people know that there's a quality Islamic school out there, don't you think they'd want to enroll their children there? Then competitors would also want to improve their standards to enjoy patronage too.

Maybe, you can be the catalyst for the change you want to see?
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by zayhal(f): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
The ministries have the power but what have they done with it so far? Let's not even go there. Ministry of education in Nigeria is a topic for another day.

I agree with you on the 'It begins with you' mentality. May Allah see us through.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by maclatunji: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
^Ameen.
Re: Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria by UmmTaisir: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2012
Salam alaikum! Pls m relocating from kn to lag and my house is at lekki, do u hav a list of any good elementary & tahfiz schools around lekki or V.I? Any help here is appreciated.Jzk khair!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / Hadeeth Of The Day / Sururat Bello Is Dead (Daughter Of Sheik Muhydeen Ajani Bello)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.