Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development (9452 Views)

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? / An Analysis/predictions Of The Presidential Elections In South East (igbo)states / GDP in Relation to Poverty in Nigeria: Why are Igbo States Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On May 24, 2010
Katsumoto:

Kobojunkie

How can you have a debate about the development, or lack of it, of Igbo states in isolation.

I think the simple INPUT/OUTPUT debate can do for now. It is possible to debate development in any state without necessarily needing to compare that state with the next.
londoner:

@kobojunkie, so you want to discuss how one Igbo state lags behind in development with another Igbo state?

That is actually a totally different thread than the OP intended I think.

You don't even have to compare states to measure development. I understand it is likely not what the OP intended but I never said I was in agreement with the @OP in ALL.

Did anyone ever read this -- this is my very first post on this thread. Not sure why I still got asked silly questions later on on the same I warned against  from the start.

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, please drop the lines were you compare Eastern states to Western States. I don't think that comparison works and it is not eeded as it is all too clear to any NON-BIASED minds out there that development in the East is desperately needed.

We have under-developed minds on here who cannot handle the meaning in such, and will likely approach that as a challenge on their SELF AND EGO rather than a call to action for the good of the people. You risk having this thread turned into another USELESS TRIBALIST thread by doing that. I really believe it is time people start dealing with the issue of underdevelopment in Eastern States, as it is just unbelievable now more than ever.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by martinosi: 3:25pm On May 24, 2010
hmmm
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 3:26pm On May 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I think the simple INPUT/OUTPUT debate can do for now. It is possible to debate development in any given state without necessarily comparing that state with the next.

Bullcrap. The title of the thread says Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development. Lagging behind implies the existence of those moving forward; and that is where lies the basis for comparison. This fellow has some mental problem, no doubt.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by yemmight(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2010
@mekuszyx

I am not sure you know Lagos very well when you said Lagos have beneffiited seriously from Lagos.  Federal Govt has benefitted seriously from Lagos and a token in return.  FG negleted Lagos since relocation of capital to Abuja.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 3:30pm On May 24, 2010
''Igbo states are not as developed as they should, given their claim to superiority'' (if indeed the claim is true and not a response to some other similar claims by others)
The above in quote is the kind of thread that Kobojunkie should have created and made more sense, than the mumbo jumbo Igbo-States-Are-Lagging-Behind-In- Development gibberish.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Katsumoto: 3:30pm On May 24, 2010
martinosi:

Well i guess it time we start proving our quotes by other people especially when
they have been recorded,  The texan businessman that said this has
a website and an archive of the speech he made at that nigerian church in the
uk. I going to get it and post it here on nairaland, that what is he's observation
but even when you guys here it and see the link source, it will not make a difference
to you, but i aleast you heard it, "Nuff Said", and hold me to that!!!

Think about it for a second. Does the fact that the statement was attributed to a Texan businessman make it a credible argument? How do you know whether or not that point was put in his head by a Nigerian? If you said a world reknowned anthropologist or scientist made the claim, then we can debate that. But it is ludicrous to be debating on what a Texan businessman said to a Nigerian gathering.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 3:35pm On May 24, 2010
yemmight:

@mekuszyx

I am not sure you know Lagos very well when you said Lagos have beneffiited seriously from Lagos.  Federal Govt has benefitted seriously from Lagos and a token in return.  FG negleted Lagos since relocation of capital to Abuja.

I believe I know Lagos reasonably well. If you separate the investments made in Lagos by the FGN from the ones made by the state govts, we can deduce what is left. This is in addition to the fact that Lagos gets more fed money than other states except a few of the major oil producing states. If Lagos did not benefit from th fed, I wonder who did. Many of the fed parastatals are still in Lagos. Is the neglect by the FGN exclusive to Lagos? But please do not make this about Lagos. I have already given my opinion about Lagos vis-a-vis developmment.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by londoner: 3:39pm On May 24, 2010
@kobojunkie, you may have advised the OP to drop the comparisons, but you went ahead to indulge in them yourself. You simply backpeddled after you made the comparisons you wanted to make, especially that of Lagos.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On May 24, 2010
londoner:

@kobojunkie, you may have advised the OP to drop the comparisons, but you went ahead to indulge in them yourself. You simply backpeddled after you made the comparisons you wanted to make, especially that of Lagos.

I suggest you go back, and actually FOLLOW the conversation, and how it all unfolded rather than choose instead to INDICT me for responding to other people's posts making what I have over and over stated are somewhat UNFAIR comparisons, just because you can.

Here is an example of a respons where I mention other a western and northern state

londoner:

You didn't really follow the conversation, did you? Does this help you now? Can we please get BACK TO DISCUSSING IBOLAND or are you just going to continue with this all day?

Andre Uweh:

Onitsha was a town that was reduced to ground Zero by the enemy forces during the Nigerian civil war. But today, what do you see at Onitsha?. Is it 5,6,7 storey buildings.
If towns such as Shagamu or Zaria had gone through what Onitsha went through during the war, do you think they would have attained the same height at which they are today?.
So who is lagging behind?.

Kobojunkie:

I don't know you but what you have above is saddest CROCK of bull! What has a 50-year-old war to do with development today in a city so densely populated? We are speaking of level of development obtained after injection of millions dollars into the state, and state's own attempts at revenue generation. How has that money been spent so far is the question here, not how we can ring out another excuse for mediocrity by injecting, for the millionth time, from almost 50-year-old war.

The @Poster is probably an Ibo who cares so much about the decay he sees in his states and villages. And you are here throwing in Sagamu and Zaria so as to what? Make him FEEL better about the decay he sees in his home state? Make him ACCEPT MEDIOCRE state of living in his City because some city, hundreds of miles away is just as bad? If that is not stupidity, I don't know what else is.

Sigh! I already tried this exercise yesterday with someone else and I am not willing to indulge in the same waste of my time today with anyone else . . . grin
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by londoner: 3:53pm On May 24, 2010
Kobojunkie, comparisona were made.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On May 24, 2010
[size=13pt]Shell provides N6.7m loan to Abia PLWHA [/size]

Owaza community, Ukwa West Local Government Area of Abia State are to benefit from N6.7m revolving loan scheme instituted by the Shell Petroleum Development Company.

The scheme, according to the General Manager, Sustainable Development and Community Relations of Shell, Mr. Tony Attah, will enable the beneficiaries to be productive by going into small scale businesses.
Attah said on Thursday that the beneficiaries, who are members of an Abia State-based group known as God‘s Intervention Support Group, had already received small business management training under the sponsorship of the oil firm.

Attah, who spoke at the launching of the Small Enterprise Development Programme for Special Groups in Port Harcourt, urged the beneficiaries to always remember to pay back their loans at the appropriate time.
He described the programme as a major milestone towards the vision of improving the economic wellbeing of people in the Niger Delta region.

”As you start your various businesses, remember that you have to pay back the funds received at the required time. This is to enable other members of your group to start their own businesses too,” Attah said.
Represented by the company‘s Manager, Social Performance, Mr. Emeka Obi, Attah observed that many families had improved their standard of living through Shell‘s revolving loan scheme.

Responding to the oil firm‘s kind gesture, the President, God‘s Intervention Support Group, Chief Whyte Ikocha, thanked Shell for its effort towards improving the living standard of his members.

Ikocha explained that the group had more than eighteen volunteers, who had shown a lot of commitment in the campaign against HIV/AIDS in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201005223345628
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On May 24, 2010
[size=14pt]ABIA - NATURAL RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT[/size]

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/links/abiaadv.asp?blurb=177

Abia State is blessed with enormous mineral resources. The proper exploitation of these miner- als has obvious economic and development implications. The types, location and potential uses of these minerals are shown in Table 1.2.

Activities:
Agriculture is the major occupation of the people of Abia State. This is induced by the rich soil which stretches from the northern to the south- ern parts of the state. Subsistence farming is prevalent and about 70 per cent of the population is engaged in it.

A few farmers also produce on a large scale. Farming in the state is determined by the seasonal distribution of rainfall. Some farmers now use irrigation methods. The main food crops grown are yam, cassava, rice, cocoyam and maize while the cash crops include oil-palm, rubber, cocoa, banana and various types of fruits (See Table 1.3)

Modern poultry has been introduced and is practised by a good number of people, hence there is adequate supply of eggs and other poultry prod- ucts in the state. The Golden Chicken project at Ogwe in Ukwa Local Government Area is a modern mechanised poultry farm.

There are three agricultural zones in Abia State: Aba, Umuahia and Bende. In the Aba and Umuahia agricultural zones, such cash crops as palm pro- duce, cocoa and rubber are produced, while food crops such as yam, cassava, rice, plantain, banana, maize and cocoyam are produced in large quanti- ties.

The Bende agricultural zone is a major pro- ducer of rice and yam. Fishing is also carried out by people who live along the Imo River. Large areas of forest can be found in all the Local Government Areas. They provide raw materials for the pulp and paper industry.

Industrial Potentials:
It is the policy of the Abia State Government to encourage the development of industrial activities in the state. Large-scale industrial establishments located in Abia include; Nigerian Breweries, Aba; Golden Guinea Breweries, Umuahia; Aba Textile Mills, International Glass Industry (IGI), Aba and Modern Ceramics, Umuahia.

Several medium scale industries abound in parts of the state which produce such items as plastic wares, textiles, food processing and machine tool fabrication. Aba is not only the major commercial centre of the State, but also one of the commercial nerve centres of the eastern states.

According to the Blueprint for Abia State development, the state has the potential to attract investment in the following manufacturing projects:

(i) Agro-allied industries:
- Cassava starch and flour
- Fruit and vegetable canning.

(ii) Textiles:
- Cotton Socks
- Fishing nets
- Mosquito nets

(iii) Industrial Minerals/Quarrying:
- Glass industry
- Table ware
- Aggregate plant (Stone crushing plant).

(iv) Plastic Industry:
- Plastics manufacture
- Bottles, flask, cans, tubes, bags tiles.

(v) Chemical Industry:
- Polyethylene
- Explosives
- Self-Adhesive Tape
- Pulp and paper.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On May 24, 2010
[size=13pt]IMO State -- Industries in Imo State[/size]
http://www.imostate.gov.ng/info/Industries

The State is blessed with abundant natural resources. These include crude oil, lead, zinc, white clay, fine sand, limestone and natural gas in commercial quantities. Imo State has a number of mineral-based raw materials for industries.

Existing factory and crafts industries are classified into seven groups reflecting the types of major activities. These are:

•Manufacturing,
•Agriculture,
•Building and Construction,
•Mining and Quarrying,
•Water, Gas, Electricity,
•Services and
•Others.
There are a total of 11,607 industrial and business establishments in Imo State: 9,274 are in the services/business, 1,858 in the manufacturing sector, 416 in building and construction, 53 in agricultural activity, while three establishments each are in mining and quarrying as well as in water, gas and electricity.

Entrepreneur in the state need a great deal of support to enable them tool-up their factories and energize their productivity engines. In the good old days, the major state-owned industries in Imo included:

Standard Shoes Company, Owerri, which produced different types of footwear;

Clay Products, Ezinachi-Okigwe, which produced burnt bricks for all kinds of buildings;

Sack Hercules, Owerri, which assembled motor-cycles and bicycles;

Nsu tile Factory, Ehime-Mbano,

Imo Health Foods Limited, Ubakalo,

Adapalm Nigeria Limited,Ohaji-Egbema, a palm oil processing plant

Imo Modern Poultry Limited, Avutu-Obowo;

Modern Produce Inspection Laboratory, Owerri, and

Oguta Motels Limited, Oguta.

Some of these industries are still in operation but at much below world-class performance.

Industries under partnership included or still includes -

Fuason Industries, Owerri, which produces galvanized iron sheets, the

Afrik Enterprises, Awo-Omama, a pharmaceutical company,

Imo Concord Hotel, Owerri. Industries that had been partially privatized include

Card Packaged Industry, Orlu,

Resin Paints Limited, Aboh Mbaise and

Aluminium Extrusion Industry, Inyisi.

Industries in the private sector include
Sab Spare Parts and Allied Accessories, Okigwe, which make motor-spare parts,

Oma Pharmaceutical, Awomoma, which produces drugs and medicines,

Magil Industries, Atta, which makes steel, sponge, bread, polythene and paper.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:05pm On May 24, 2010
When you finish posting these things, please show us what the non-igbo states have too. That is the way to prove who is lagging behind.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by londoner: 4:05pm On May 24, 2010
Are u not ashamed that you compare Ibo states with states that cannot even boast of half the resources obtained in Ibo land? Lagos has NOTHING compared to any of the states in Ibo land yet the state continues to blaze the trail . Even when you choose not consider the past works of the federal government in the state, you cannnot deny the fact that Lagos has been able to own most of the development in that state.  The current governnor has been able to, in a period of 2 years move that state to a state that generates 75% of it's revenue from taxes which it in turn uses to rebuild the state, and you are here thinking making fun of Yoruba makes the situation in the East better somehow? Can you compare the resume of the current governor to that of Orji or even Obi in the same period?

Anyway, when you say you are not comparing, then come out with the above, it seems bit inconsistent.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by kettykings: 4:08pm On May 24, 2010
About 40 % of the population of lagos is ibo, the 3 major working RORO sea port in nigera is in lagos and lagos has one of the 2 international airports yet lagos is still a failed business capital comprising of  90 % of nigerian business headquaters of mostly foreign owned businesses . However the south east is 98 % ibos with no international airport , no seaport, and. With only individually owned ibo businesses, the south east / eastern nigeria had the fastest economic growth rate in the 60s however growth is not development
If the River Niger dredging is completed with onitsha port commissioned ,an international airport located in the east to make it a regional hub for flights within and outside the east and an indigenous power station completed to power factories in Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha then the ibos in lagos who control the major port and maritime activities and the ibo business  men and traders will gradually migrate back to the east ,  this will lead to a rise in the tempo of business activities{manufacturing,exports,hotel and tourism , R and D} in the east leading to more foreign patronage like US did to china and taiwan.
Also if the super rich ibos in Diaspora will put part of  their investment in the new east it will impact that economy in a very large way.

In the next 20 years lagos would either be saturated , too many people , cars , shops in a very small city  leading to other enviromental issues or lagos will be depleted of the human capital because of the anticipated sinking of the  island , lekki ,either way the future of lagos does not hold much promise for nigeria's future , the best Nigeria can do is to look for a new business capital with ample space for development and that will be acessible  through the sea for ships
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:09pm On May 24, 2010
More than 50 % of nigeria's industrial capacity is in lagos. That alone trumps any raw material
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On May 24, 2010
Enugu State -- Economy

Economically, the state is predominantly rural and agrarian, with a substantial proportion of its working population engaged in farming, although trading (18.8%) and services (12.9%) are also important. In the urban areas trading is the dominant occupation, followed by services. A small proportion of the population is also engaged in manufacturing activities, with the most pronounced among them located in Enugu, Oji, Ohebedim and Nsukka.

Energy
Electricity supply is relatively stable in Enugu. The Oji River Power Station (which used to supply electricity to all of Eastern Nigeria) is located in Enugu State. With the deregulation of electricity generation in Nigeria, and the proposed privatisation of the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA), the State Government would assist private investors to negotiate the take over and reactivation of the Oji Power Station. This is more so with the proximity of the Enugu coal mines to the power station, a driving distance of about 20 minutes. There are also traces of crude oil in Ugwuoba, in the same Oji-River Local Government area of the state. The state will also negotiate with investors interested in investing in the coal mining in Enugu. The coal industry use to be one of the biggest employer of labour in the state and the state is looking to attract investors in the industry.

Education
Every community in Enugu State has at least one primary school and one secondary school, funded and run by Government. There are also large number of private nursery, primary and secondary schools in Enugu State.

Nigeria's first indigenous university, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), is located in Enugu State. The state also hosts the Enugu State University of Science & Technology (ESUT), Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu State College of Education Technical, Enugu, Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Renaissance University, Ugbawka; Federal Government College, Enugu, Federal School of Dental Technology & Therapy College of Immaculate Conception, Enugu; [St. Patrick's Secondary School], Emene;Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu; Awgu County College, Nenwe; Corpus Christi College, Achi; Our Saviour Institute of Science and Technology, Enugu; and the Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu Seat of Wisdom Secondary School Trans Ekulu Enugu. There are also a host of private computer schools and training centres concentrated in Enugu and Nsukka.

Medicine
The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) is located in Enugu State, as is the Enugu State University Teaching Hospital and College of Medicine. In addition to numerous private hospitals and clinics in the State, there are seven District Hospitals at Enugu Urban, Udi, Agbani, Awgu, Ikem, Enugu-Ezike, and Nsukka and at least one health center or cottage hospital in every one of the seventeen (17) Local Government Areas and thirty nine (39) Development Centres in the State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enugu_State
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:17pm On May 24, 2010
It is preposterous and eediotic to say that Lagos state has nothing. I do not know of any states without resources. Some have gold and bitumen, oil, gas, arable land, sea, fishes, tourism potentials etc. That added to the huge industrial and human resources in Lagos which translates to huge tax revenue. I can flood here with those info, but to what end?

STATE BY STATE DISTRIBUTION OF RAW MATERIALS

http://rmrdc.gov.ng/rmdcstates/Dist_of_RawMat1.htm
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:27pm On May 24, 2010
dex | About RMRDC | Projects | Raw Material Info System | Events | News | Correspondence

LAGOS STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS: Silica Sand, Bitumen, Sharp Sand, Gravel, Petroleum, Laterite, Ball Clay.
AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Vegetables, Oil Palm, Plantain, Livestock, Sugarcane, Rabbitery, Piggery, Cashew Nut, Rice, Coconut, Timber, Fish, Cowpea, Rubber, Palm Produce.
DISTRIBUTION OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: AGEGE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Livestock, Neem Tree, Fruits, Vegetables, Palm Produce, Plantain, Sugarcane, Livestock, Rabbitry, Piggery, Poultry, Oil Palm, Citrus, Hides & Skin.
AJEROMI / IFELODUN:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Coconut, Maize, Sugarcane, Vegetable, Fish.
ALIMOSHO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay, Laterite.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Fruits, Vegetables, Palm Produce, Plantain, Livestock, Mango, Guava, Pawpaw, Citrus.
AMUWO - ODOFIN:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite.
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Livestock.
APAPA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Gravel, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Fishery.
BADAGRY:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Silica Sand, Petroleum.
Agro Raw Materials: Coconut, Oil Palm, Rice, Timber, Neem Tree, Plantain, Maize, Cassava, Soya Beans, Oyster Shell, Cashew Nut, Livestock, Raffia Palm, Fishery, Sea Food.
EPE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Silica Sand, Bitumen.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Cowpea, Neem Tree, Rice, Vegetable, Oil Palm, Plantain, Livestock, Fishery, Timber, Pawpaw, Mango, Citrus.
ETI – OSA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Bitumen, Ball clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Coconut, Cassava, Raffia Palm, Fishery, Maize, Snail, Plantain, Rice, Oil Palm, Livestock, Neem Tree, Oyster Shells, Timber.
IBEJU/ LEKKI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Bitumen.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Coconut, Plantain, Fishery, Livestock, Oil Palm, Rice, Oyster Shells, Timber.
IFAKO / IJAYE:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Livestock, Vegetable.
IKEJA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Silica Sand.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Vegetable, Oil Palm, Plantain, Livestock, Mango, Pawpaw, Citrus, Banana.
IKORODU:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Oil Palm, Fishery, Livestock, Neem Tree, Rubber, Coconut, Plantain, Timber, Citrus, Mango, Pawpaw.
KOSOFE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gravel, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Plantain.
LAGOS ISLAND:

Mineral Raw Materials: Bitumen, Silica Sand.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Fishery, Livestock.
LAGOS MAINLAND:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay
Agro Raw Materials: Vegetables, Maize, Cassava, Fruits, Fishery, Mango Citrus.
MUSHIN:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Vegetables, Fruits, Plantain, Maize, Hides & Skin, Banana, Mango, Guava, Citrus.
OJO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Plantain, Fishery, Coconut, Raffia Palm, Oil Palm, Snails, Mango, Citrus, Vegetables, Livestock.
OSHODI / ISOLO:

Mineral Raw materials: Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Plantain, Livestock, Bamboo, Citrus, Mango, Pawpaw. SHOMOLU:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Vegetables, Plantain, Banana, Livestock, Mango, Guava, Piggery.
SURULERE:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Neem Tree, Plantain, Livestock, Fishery, Banana.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On May 24, 2010
Anambra State - NATURAL RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/links/anambraadv.asp?blurb=197

Agriculture, Forestry and Other Basic Activities:

Anambra State has high potentials for agricultural development, because of stretches of fertile land on the plains in Ogbaru, Ayamelum, Oyi, if Awka and Orumba LGAs. These areas support n healthy crops of yam, maize, cassava, rice, and vegetables. The lfite Ogwari Dam on the Anambra River provides water for 3,500hectare irrigated land at Ornor for the cultivation of rice, maize, and d outofseason vegetables. This project, with a target of 5,000 hectare of irrigated land, is a joint ven ture between the Federal Government and a Japanese consortium.

The Ornor rice farms, together with the OgbojiEzira rice lands of Orumba, and Odoekpe rice fields in Ogbaru, earn for Anambra State the third richest rice potentials area in Nigeria. Large private farms, such as the Ekenedilichukwu Farms, Arnak Farms, and Pokobros are located in the rich hydromorphic soil regions of Anambra and Ayamelum LGAs.

Forest reserves in the Mamu river basin, Akpaka and AjaliUmeje reserves, provide valuable forest products, protect the watersheds and main tain ecological balance, thereby helping to prevent sheet and gully erosion. Services and programmes geared towards increased agricultural production and forestry, including the organisation of farm groups and the

A People United, A Future Assured Volume 2 provision of agricultural land credit, food processing and storage facilities have been achieved through the activities of the WorldBanksupported State Agricultural Development Project (ADP) and the Imo River Basin Development Authority.

Mineral Resources:

Anambra State is not rich in mineral resources; and some, known to exist, are not yet exploited. For example, tungsten at Oba, and large deposits of lignite in Onitsha, Idemili, and Nnewi LGAs are yet to be exploited. Kaolin is mined in the Ukporlhembosi axis for the ceramic industry at Umuahia in Abia State; while the deposits at Afuleri and EnuguAgidi await exploita tion. Sandstones of Ameke Formation are quarried in several places, particularly at Abagana and Nsugbe for construction purposes. Natural gas has been discovered at Ebenebe Ridge, southeast of Ebenebe town, and preliminary prospecting indicat ed that crude oil exists in commercial quantities in the state.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:29pm On May 24, 2010
RIVER STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:
Petroleum, Natural gas, Silica sand, Ball clay
AGRO RAW MATERIALS:
Pineapple, Banana, Palm produce, Ginger, Raffia palm, Cassava, Timber, Palm produce, Guava, Kenaf, Fruits, Fisheries, (Crayfish), oyster), Sea shell, Rattan cane, Fish, Sea foods, Plantain, yam, Coconut, Shrimps, Plywood, Melon, Plantain, Rubber, Maize, Rice, Orange, Mango.
DISTRIBUTION OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS:
ABUA/ODUAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, Natural gas
Agro Raw Materials: Pineapple, Banana, Palm produce, Ginger, Raffia palm, Cassava, Timber.
AHOADA EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm produce, Ginger, Guava, Pineapple, Raffia palm.
AHOADA WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Kenaf, Cassava, Raffia palm, Palm produce, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges .
AKUKU TORU:

Agro Raw Materials: Fisheries, Rattan cane.
ANDONI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Fishery, Sea foods, Cassava, Plantain, Yam.
ASARI-TORU:

Agro Raw Materials: Fishery, Sea foods.
BONNY:

Agro Raw Materials: Coconut, Fishery, Shrimps
DEGEMA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, natural gas
Agro Raw Materials: Fishery, Sea foods, Timber, Plywood
ELEME:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, natural gas
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Raffia Palm, Ginger
EMOHUA:

Agro Raw Materials: Ginger, Cassava, Rattan cane, Raffia palm, Rice, Melon, Palm produce.
ETCHE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, Ball clay, Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Rubber, Palm produce, Yam, Cassava
GOKANA:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Melon, Cassava, Palm produce.
IKWERRE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, Natural gas, Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Rubber, Palm produce, Raffia palm, Cassava, Maize, Plantain.
KHANA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Palm produce, Cassava, Melon, Fishery.
OBIO/AKPOR:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Palm produce, Yam, Plantain.
OGBA/EGBEMA/NDONI:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Plantain, Banana, Pineapple, Melon, Palm produce.
OGU/BOLO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Fishery, (Crayfish, oyster), Coconut, Banana, Plantain.
OKIRIKA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Fishery.
OMUMMA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Plantain, Rice, Maize, Melon, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges, Mango, Pineapple.
OPOBO/NKORO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum
Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Pineapple.
OYIGBO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Petroleum, Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Timber, Cassava, Raffia palm.
PORT-HARCOURT:

Agro Raw Materials: Plantain, Oranges, Mango, Pineapple, Fruits, Palm produce, Cassava, Raffia palm.
TAI:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Ginger, Cassava, Raffia palm, Palm produce, Yam, Maize, Coconut, Fruits, Oranges, Mango, Pineapple
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:30pm On May 24, 2010
DELTA STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS: Gold, Marble, Granite. Gypsum, Petroleum, Lignite, Limestone, Ceramic Clay, Kaolin, Dolomite Feldspar, Bentonite, Silica Sand.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Cotton, Rice, Groundnut, Tobacco, Cocoa, Sugar Cane, Pawpaw, Cocoyam, Tomatoes, Yam, Livestock, Cattle, Mango, Poultry, Citrus, Coconut, Piggery, Fishery.

DISTRIBUTION OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: AKOKO EDO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gold, Marble, Granite, Kaolin, Limestone, Dolomite, Feldspar.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Cashew, Mango, Sugarcane.

EGOR:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Cassava, Palm Produce, Cocoyam, Plantain, Banana, Rubber, Timber, Pineapple, Citrus, Mango, Coconut, Pear, Raffia Palm, Sugarcane, Pawpaw.

ESAN CENTRAL:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Citrus, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Groundnut, Cocoa, Pawpaw.

ESAN NORTH - EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Bentonite, Kaolin.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Cocoyam, Yam, Cattle.

ESAN SOUTH- EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Groundnut, Yam, Livestock, Citrus, Rubber.

ESAN WEST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Rice, Groundnut, Cocoyam, Citrus, Tomatoes, Yam, Cocoa.

ETSAKO CENTRAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Kaolin, Gold.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Rice, Cassava, Maize, Plantain, Yam, Cashew, Fishery, Groundnut

ETSAKO EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Feldspar, Ball Clay, Granite, Marble, Kaolin, Gold, Gypsum.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Groundnut, Timber, Tobacco, Rice, Yam, Cashew, Fishery.

ETSAKO WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Kaolin, Marble, Gypsum, Limestone.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Sugar cane, Cocoa, Rice, Yam,Citrus, Cashew.

IGUEGBEN:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Rice, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Citrus, Palm Produce, Banana, Yam, Cocoa.

IKPOBA OKHA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball Clay.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Sugarcane, Raffia Palm, Timber, Maize, Rubber, Palm Produce, Rice, Yam, Coco yam, Plantain, Banana.

ORHIONMWON:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Sugar cane, Oil Palm, Coconut.

OVIA NORTH- EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Yam, Fishery, Coconut.

OVIA SOUTH WEST :

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Kaolin.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Citrus, Rubber, Timber, Yam, Fishery, Coconut, Cocoa, Mango, Poultry, Piggery.

OWAN EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble, Kaolin, Limestone, Granite.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, groundnut, Pineapple, Plantain, Citrus, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam,.

OWAN WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble, Lignite, Limestone, Ball Clay, Gypsum, Kaolin, Granite.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Cocoa, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Citrus.

UHUNMWONDE :

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Mango, Citrus, Cocoa, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:31pm On May 24, 2010
OYO STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:
Ball clay, Feldspar, Granite, Ilmenite, Iron ore, Kaolin, Quartz, Talc, Marble, Dolomite, Tourmaline, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Laterite, Tantalum, Silimanite, Limestone, Gemstones.
AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Cocoa, Cassava, Coffee, Kolanut, Timber, Orange, Maize, Cocoyam, Sugarcane, Palm produce, Plantain, Banana, Cattle, Date palm, yam, Vegetables, Tomato, Tobacco, Fruits, Cotton, Melon, Millet, Sheanut, Sorghum, Pineapple, Pawpaw, Cashew, Mango, Coconut, Groundnut, Locust beans, Livestock, Sweet potato, Oranges.
OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: AFIJO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Tantalum
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cassava, maize, Kaolin, Kolanut, Timber, Fruits, Citrus, Oranges.
AKINYELE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Tantalum
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Cocoa, Cocoyam, Sugarcane, Palm produce, Date palm, Timber, Plantain, Kolanut, Citrus, Oranges, Mango .
ATIBA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Quartz, Iron ore
Agro Raw Materials: Mango, Coconut, Palm produce, date palm, Tobacco.
ATIGBO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Iron ore
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Cassava, Palm produce, Groundnut, Locust beans, Mango, Coconut, Date palm.
EGBEDA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Silimanite, Talc, Tantalum
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, maize, Cocoyam, Oil palm, Date palm, Timber, Kolanut, Cocoa, Livestock, Mango, Pawpaw, Citrus, Oranges, Palm produce.
IBADAN CENTRAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Cocoyam, Cotton, Timber, Tobacco, Vegetables, Livestock, Fruits (Citrus).
IBADAN NORTH:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Cocoyam, Cotton, Timber, Tobacco, Cattle, Vegetables, Fruits, Mango, Oranges, Pineapple.
IBADAN NORTH-WEST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Cocoyam, Cotton, Timber, Tobacco, Cattle, Vegetables, Fruits, Mango.
IBADAN SOUTH-EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Cocoyam, Cotton, Timber, Tobacco, Cattle, Vegetables, Citrus, Mango, Pawpaw, Pineapple.
IBADAN SOUTH-WEST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Cocoyam, Cotton, Timber, Tobacco, Cattle, Vegetables, Fruits.
IBARAPA CENTRAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Iron ore
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Kolanut, Melon, Livestock, Millet,
IBARAPA EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Iron ore, Laterite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Melon, Palm produce, Date palm, Coconut.
IBARAPA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Iron ore
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Kolanut, Melon, Livestock, Millet,
IDDO:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Cocoyam, Plantain, Cocoa, Timber, Fruits.
IREPO:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Millet, Sorghum, Groundnut, Tobacco, Livestock.
ISEYIN:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Yam, Sweet potato, Sorghum, Melon, Cotton, Tobacco, Livestock, Fruits.
ITESIWAJU:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Groundnut, Cassava, Melon, Fruits.
IWAJOWA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Quartz, Granite
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Groundnut, Cassava, Melon, Fruits.
KAJOLA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Quartz, Limestone, Granite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Sweet potato, Cocoa, Sorghum, Fruits, Vegetables, Tobacco, Livestock.
LAGELU:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Plantain, Cocoyam, Vegetables, Palm produce, Date palm, Coconut, Fruits, Cocoa, Livestock.
OGBOMOSHO NORTH:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Cocoyam, Sorghum, Plantain, Fruits, Vegetables, Mango, Palm produce, Date palm, Tobacco, Coconut
OGBOMOSHO SOUTH

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Cocoyam, Sorghum, Plantain, Fruits, (Mango), Vegetables, Palm produce, Date palm, Tobacco, Coconut.
OGO-OLUWA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Quartz, Laterite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Cocoyam, Sorghum, Sugarcane, Plantain, Date palm, Livestocks.
OLORUNSOGO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Fruits.
ONA-ARA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ilmenite, Laterite, Quartz, Talc, Feldspar
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Cocoyam, Fruits, Timber, Plantain, Kolanut, Cocoa.
OLUYOLE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Quartz, Gemstone, Tourmaline (Aquamarine)
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Cocoyam, Citrus, Plantain, Groundnut, Cocoa, Timber.
ORELOPE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Quartz, Laterite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Millet, Sorghum, Groundnut, Tobacco, Melon, Livestock.
ORI-IRE

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble, Dolomite, Laterite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Plantain Maize Timber, Cocoa, Palm produce.
OYO-EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Maize, Sweet potato, Sorghum, Oranges, Mango, Pineapple, Fruits, Plantain, Melon, Cocoa, Palm produce, Date palm, Cotton seed, Tobacco, Timber, Livestock.
OYO-WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cotton seed, Fruits, Melon.
SAKI-EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Tobacco, Cassava, Yam, Melon.
SAKI-WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Cocoyam, Maize, Millet, Sorghum, Melon, Tobacco, Sheanut, Livestock, Locust beans, Soyabeans, Palm produce, Groundnut.
SURU-LERE:

Agro Raw Materials: Tobacco, Cocoa, Cassava, Yam, Maize, Melon, Sweet potato, Palm produce, Date palm, Cotton seed, Timber, Plantain, Livestock, Vegetables.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:32pm On May 24, 2010
OGUN STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:
Kaolin, Feldspar, Silica sand, Mica, Granite, Ball clay, Phosphate, Gypsum, Limestone, Quartz, Bitumen, Laterite.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Maize, Cocoyam, Bamboo, Cashew, Sugarcane, Poultry, Fishery, Cocoa, Obeche, Yam, Plantain, Timber, Cowpea, Fruits, Palm produce, Soya beans, Coffee, Livestock, Shrimps, Teak, Gmelina, Rice, Banana, Iroko, Poultry, Cowpea, Orange, Oil palm, Cassava, Coconut, Melon, Mahogany, Kolanut, Rubber.

ABEOKUTA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Feldspar, Silica sand, Mica, Granite, Ball clay.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cowpea, Yam, Cocoyam, Orange, Iroko, Bamboo, Oil palm, Cashew, Soya beans, Sugarcane, Coffee, Poultry, Livestock, Cocoa, Fishery, Shrimps, Teak, Obeche, Gmelina.
ABEOKUTA SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Feldspar, Silica sand, Mica, Granite, Quartz
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cowpea, Yam, Cocoyam, Fruits, Iroko, Bamboo, Oil palm, Cashew, Sugarcane, Coffee, Poultry, Livestock, Fishery, Cocoa, Timber, Soya beans.
ADO-ODO/OTA

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball clay, Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Melon, Yam, Cocoyam, Shrimps, Fishery, Poultry, Livestock, Rice, Oil palm, Sugarcane, Coffee, Plantain, Banana, Cocoa, Iroko, Cowpea, Bamboo.
EGBADO-NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Silica sand, Phosphate, Feldspar
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Sugarcane, Cowpea, Yam, Beans, Rice, Cocoyam, Poultry, Livestock, Orange, Iroko, Bamboo, Oil palm, Coffee, Fishery, Shrimps, Cocoa, Teak, Obeche, Plantain, Banana.
EGBADO-SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Gypsum, Limestone, Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Oil palm, Yam, Cassava, Melon, Beans, Orange, Vegetables, Cowpea, Coffee, Poultry, Livestock, Fishery, Shrimps, Cocoa, Teak, Obeche, Plantain, Banana, Mahogany, Gmelina, Maize.
EWEKORO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Granite, Phosphate, Gypsum
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cassava, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges, Mango.
IFO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball clay, Silica sand, Phosphate, Limestone, Gypsum, Laterite

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Soya beans, Oil palm, Cassava, Sugarcane, Cowpea, Cocoyam, Iroko, Bamboo, Coconut, Coffee, Cocoa, Fishery, Shrimps, Poultry, Livestock, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges, Mango.
IJEBU-NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball clay, Silica sand
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cowpea, Cocoyam, Yam, Fishery, Fruits, Iroko, Bamboo, Oil palm, Cashew, Sugarcane, Coffee, Poultry, Livestock, Shrimps, Cocoa, Teak, Obeche, Plantain, Banana, Gmelina, Mahogany, Oranges, Mango.
IJEBU-NORTH EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica sand, Kaolin, Limestone
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Beans, Soya beans, Maize.
IKENNE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Rubber, Cassava, Yam, Maize, Timber, Livestock, Kolanut, Fruits, Vegetables, Cocoyam, Melon, Oranges, Mango
IMEKO-AFON:

Mineral Raw Materials: Phosphate, Feldspar
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoyam, Cowpea, Yam, Bamboo, Oil palm, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges, Mango.
IPOKIA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Melon, Rice, Yam, and Fishery.
OBAFEMI-OWODE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Feldspar, Mica
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Cassava, Citrus, Fruits, Timber, Cocoa, Coffee, Oil palm, Sugarcane, Livestock, Poultry, Oranges, Mango.
OGUN-WATERSIDE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Mica, Silica sand, Bitumen
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Maize, Cassava, Yam, Fruits, Timber, Palm produce, Raffia palm, Cocoa, Rubber, Sugarcane, Fishery, Livestock, Shrimps.
ODEDA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Oil palm, Cassava, Fishery, Poultry, Livestock, Shrimps, Cowpea, Cocoyam, Citrus, Fruits, Iroko, Bamboo, Sugarcane, Coconut, Rice, Cocoa, Plantain, Banana, Teak.
ODOGBOLU:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Yam, Maize, Oil palm, Timber, Kolanut, Citrus, Fruits, Oranges, Mango.
REMO-NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball clay, Silica sand, Limestone
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Cocoyam, Beans, Soya beans, Iroko, Bamboo, Oil palm, Coconut, Rice, Cocoa, Sugarcane, Poultry, Livestock, Fishery, Shrimps, Cowpea, Yam, Cassava.
SAGAMU:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Palm produce, Cassava, Maize
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:33pm On May 24, 2010
ONDO STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:
Marble, Gold, Gemstone, Diorite, Lignite, Granite, Ball clay, Charnockites Gabbro, Bitumen, Silica sand, Petroleum, Salt, Quartz, Kaolin, Limestone, Coal.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Cocoa, Maize, Cocoyam, Plantain, Livestock, Kolanut, Coffee, Coconut, Vegetables, Yam, Timber, Banana, Groundnut, Rice, Cotton, Fruits, Piggery, Poultry, Cassava, Fish, Oil palm, Rubber, Oranges, Guava, Mango, Bamboo, Cashew, Raffia palm, Tomatoes, Potatoes.
DISTRIBUTION OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: AKOKA NORTH-EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Yam, Livestock, Vegetables, Piggery, Poultry, Rice, Timber
AKOKO NORTH-WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Granite
Agro Raw materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Yam, Livestock, Vegetables, Piggery, Poultry, Rice, Timber.

AKOKO SOUTH-EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Ball clay
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Livestock, Piggery, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Rice, Plantain, Banana, Poultry, Timber, Vegetables

AKOKO SOUTH-WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gemstone
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Palm produce, Maize, Cassava, Yam, Cocoyam, Timber, Plantain, Banana, Livestock, Rice.
AKURE NORTH:

Mineral Raw materials: Ball clay
Agro Raw materials: Cassava, Livestock, Cocoa, Cocoyam, Kolanut, maize, Plantain, Oil palm, Banana, Timber, Rice, Poultry, Piggery, Orange, Guava, Mango, Bamboo, Cashew.

AKURE SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Charnockite, Granite, Gabbro.
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Livestock, Vegetable, Cocoyam, Yam, Coffee, Plantain, Banana, Orange, Maize, Mango, Piggery, Oil palm, Cassava, Rice, Bamboo, Timber, Cashew.

ESE ODO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Bitumen, Silica sand, Petroleum, Salt, Quartz

Agro Raw Materials: Cocoyam, Fish, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Piggery, Vegetables, Yam, Poultry, Timber, Rice.

IDANRE:

Mineral Raw materials: Granite, Ball clay, Charnockite
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Piggery, Yam, Vegetables, Poultry, Timber, Rice.
IFEDORE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Granite, Charnockite
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Rice, Timber.
ILAJE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Bitumen, Silica sand, Petroleum, Salt, Quartz
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoyam, Fish, Maize, Poultry, Oil palm, Vegetables, Piggery, Timber, Raffia palm.
ILE-OLUJI/OKEIGBO:

Mineral Raw Material: Ball clay, Charnockite, Granite
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Rice, Piggery, Poultry, Timber.
IRELE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Silica sand, Kaolin, Quartz, Bitumen
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Plantain, Oil palm, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Rice, Rubber, Timber.
ODIGBO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Bitumen, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Plantain, Oil palm, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Rice, Rubber, Timber.
OKITIPUPA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Bitumen, Silica sand, Salt, Petroleum, Quartz, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Bamboo, Cocoyam, Maize, Raffia palm, Palm produce, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Rubber, Timber.
ONDO EAST:

Mineral Raw Material: Ball clay, Charnockite, Granite
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil Palm, Piggery, Vegetables, Yam, Timber, Rice, Poultry, Plantain, Banana
ONDO WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Charnockite, Granite
Agro Raw Material: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Timber, Mango, Tomatoes, Cashew, Guava.
OSE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Charnockite, Limestone, Quartz
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Maize, Oil palm, Plantain, Banana, Cassava, Livestock, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Poultry, Timber, Mango, Tomatoes, Cashew, Guava.
OWO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball clay, Coal, Quartz, Limestone
Agro Raw Materials: Cocoa, Cocoyam, Kolanut, Maize, Oil palm, Cassava, Livestock, Plantain, Banana, Poultry, Vegetables, Yam, Piggery, Timber, Rubber, Rice, Potato.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:34pm On May 24, 2010
SOKOTO STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:
Silica Sand Ball Clay, Salt, Limestone, Phosphate, Gypsum, Kaolin, Laterite, Potash, Granite.
AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Sugar Cane, Millet, Tomatoes, Livestock, Hides & Skin, Spices, Vegetables, Cow pea, Locust Beans, Bagaruwa (Acacia Nilotica), Kenaf, Wheat, Maize, Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Pepper, Rice, Fish, Groundnut, Beans, Gum Arabic, Carrot, Garlic, Fisheries, Tobacco, Guinea Corn, Mango, Garden Egg, Cabbage, Okro.
DISTRIBUTION OVER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: BINJI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Ball Clay, Salt.
Agro Raw Materials: Sugar Cane, Millet, Tomatoes, Livestock, Hides & Skin, Spices
BODINGA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Phosphate, Gypsum.
Agro Raw Materials: Onion, Tomatoes, Millet, Cowpea, Maize, Livestock, Hides & Skin, Spices, Vegetables.
DANGE - SHUNI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Phosphate, Gypsum, Limestone, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Cowpea, Locust Beans, Bagaruwa (Acacia Nilotica), Kenaf, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetable.
GADA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Gypsum, Ball Clay, Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Wheat, Maize, Sweet Potatoes, Cowpea, Kenaf, Onion, Livestock, Hides & Skin, Tomatoes, Pepper.
GORONYO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball Clay, Gypsum, Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Wheat, Maize, Millet, Vegetables, Fishery, Rice, Onions, Spices, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Kenaf, Tomatoes.
GUDU:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Laterite.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Groundnut, Beans, Bagaruwa, Gum Arabic, Kenaf, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Spices, Tomatoes.
GWADABAWA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Salt, Lakes, Kaolin, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Bagaruwa, Millet, Cowpea, Onion, Carrot, Rice Sugar Cane, Gum Arabic, Garlic, Livestock, Vegetables, Wheat, Maize, Fishery.
ILLELA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Potash, Kaolin, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Cowpea, Hides & Skin, Fishery, Bagaruwa, Maize, Rice, Wheat, Livestock, Vegetable.
ISA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Tobacco, Millet, Guinea Corn, Beans, Groundnut, Bagaruwa, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Tomatoes, Vegetable.
KEBBE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Guinea Corn, Maize, Millet, Beans, Sugar Cane, Gum Arabic, Mango, Spices, Vegetables
KWARE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gypsum, Limestone, Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Beans, Onions, Tomatoes, Rice, Spice, Bagaruwa, Tobacco, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetable.
RABAH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gypsum, Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Groundnut, Guinea Corn, Beans, Tomatoes, Mango, Rice, Gum Arabic, Kenaf, Spices, Vegetable. Livestock, Sweet Potatoes.
SABO BIRNI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Ball Clay, Gypsum.
Agro Raw Materials: Guinea Corn, Millet, Groundnut, Beans, Hides & Skin, livestock, Kenaf, Bagaruwa, Locust Beans, Tomatoes, Vegetable, Spices.
SHAGARI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gypsum, Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Beans, Groundnut, Sorghum, Millet, Tomatoes, Mango, Potato (Sweet), Pepper, Onion, Livestock, Vegetables.
SILAME:

Agro Raw Materials: Fishery, Gum Arabic, Bagaruwa, Millet, Rice, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetable.
SOKOTO NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Limestone, Kaolin, Phosphate, Silica Sand.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Beans, Carrot, Tomatoes, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetables.
SOKOTO SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Limestone, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Beans, Hides & Skin, Tomatoes, Livestock, Vegetable.
TAMBUWAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Ball Clay, Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sugar Cane, Beans, Millet, Bagaruwa, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Onions, Kenaf, Maize, Hides & Skin, Livestock.
TANGAZA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Groundnut, Beans, Bagaruwa, Gum Arabic, Kenaf, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Tomatoes, Spices, Vegetable.
TURETA:

Agro Raw Materials: Guinea Corn, Millet, Locust Beans, Mango, Cowpea.
WAMAKKO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Limestone, Ball Clay, Silica Sand.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Rice, Onion, Tomatoes, Carrot, Garden Egg, Cabbage, Tobacco, Sugar Cone, Spices, Beans, Vegetables, Livestock.
WURNO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Phosphate, Silica Sand, Gypsum.
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Beans, Wheat, Tomatoes, Okro, Spices, Potato (Sweet), Gum Arabic, Kenaf, Garlic, Bagaruwa, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetables.
YABO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Phosphate.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Groundnut, Acacia Nilotica, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, Cowpea, Hides & Skin, Livestock, Vegetables.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:36pm On May 24, 2010
KANO STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS: Ball Clay, Laterite, Cassiterite, Columbite, Ilmenite, Galena, Kaolin, Gemstone, Silica Sand, Tin Ore, Maonazite, Wolframite, Thorium, Granite, Rhyolite, (Beryl Amethyst), Gold, Lead/Zinc Ore, Copper Ore, Glass Sand.
AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Sorghum, Millet, Beniseed, Kenaf, Cassava, Groundnut, Cowpea, Wheat, Livestock, Poultry, Pepper, Fruits, Vegetables, Garlic, Cotton, Sheanut, Rice, Sunflower, Onion, Soyabean, Maize, Sugarcane, Guava.
AJINGI:

Agro Raw Materials: Groundnut, Beniseed, Cassava, Okro, Pepper, Livestock, Poultry,
ALBASU:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Beniseed, Cassava, Groundnut, Pepper, Baobab, Mango, Kenaf, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
BAGWAI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Cassiterite, Columbite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Wheat, Groundnut, Pepper, Fruits, Tomatoes, Garden Eggs, Cowpea, Livestock, Poultry.
BEBEJI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Ball Clay, Ilmenite, Lead-Zinc Ore.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Wheat, Millet, Groundnut, Rice, Maize, Pepper, Cowpea, Cassava, Onion, Tomatoes, Kenaf, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
BICHI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Monazite, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Wheat, Millet, Cotton, Groundnut, Vegetables, Guava, Mango, Cowpea, Livestock, Poultry.
BUNKURE:

Agro Raw Materials: Sweet Potatoes, Cocoyam, Cassava, Mango, Locust Bean, Sorghum, Wheat, Sugarcane, Millet, Rice, Sunflower, Sheanut, Tomatoes, Pepper, Fruits, Vegetables, Onion, Livestock, Fisheries.
DALA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gemstone, Laterite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Cow Pea, Groundnut, Fisheries, Tomatoes, Pepper, Lettuce, Garden Egg, Livestock, Poultry.
DAMBATTA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut, Cassava, Cocoyam, Fisheries, Tomatoes, Locust Beans, Onion, Baobab, Kenaf, Sheanut.
DAWAKIN-KUDU:
Mineral Raw Materials: Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut, Cassava, Rice, Wheat, locust Beans, Fruits, Cowpea, Sugarcane, Pepper, Vegetables, Livestock, Poultry.
DAWAKIN-TOFA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Cowpea, Groundnut, Pepper, Tomatoes, Fruits, Vegetables, Onion, Livestock, Poultry.
DOGUWA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Tin Ore, Columbite, Ilmenite, Wolframite, Thorium, Granite, Gemstones.
Agro Raw Materials: Pepper, Fruits, Vegetables, Onions, Livestock, Poultry, Fisheries.
FAGGE:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut, Cassava, Lettuce, Pepper, Tomatoes, Fruits, Onion, Livestock, Poultry.
GABASAWA:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Cowpea, Groundnut, Pepper, Tomatoes, Baobab Tree, Kenaf, Locust Bean, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
GARKO:

Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Rice, wheat, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Bambara Nut, Sweet Potato, Mango, Onion, Tomatoes, Livestock, Poultry.
GARUN-MALAM:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Wheat, Groundnut, Cocoyam, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Mango, Cashew, Guava, Pepper, Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, Sugarcane, Livestock, Poultry.
GAYA:

Mineral raw Materials: Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Cowpea, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Cocoyam, Pepper, Onion, Tomatoes, Mango, Baobab Trees, Sugarcane, Sheanut, Kenaf, Locust Bean, Livestock, Fisheries, Poultry. GEZAWA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Gemstone, Silica Sand.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Pepper, Tomatoes, Onion, Lemon, Baobab Tree. Kenaf, Locust Bean, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
GWALE:

Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Maize, Cowpea, Pepper, Cassava, Mango, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Livestock, Poultry.
GWARZO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Granite, Ball Clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Pepper, Cassava, Potato, Cocoyam, Onion, Cotton, Sugarcane, Livestock, Poultry.
KABO:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Maize, Millet, Cow Pea, Sweet Potato, Cocoyam, Cassava, Onion, Groundnut, Cotton, Livestock, Poultry.
KARAYE:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Maize, Cocoyam, Sweet Potato, Millet, Cassava, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Pepper, Sugarcane, Onion, Cotton, Livestock, Poultry.
KURA:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Maize, Millet, Groundnut, Wheat, Cow Pea, Tomatoes, Pepper, Fruits, Vegetable, Livestock, Cassava, Rice, Bambara Nut.
KUMBOTSO:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Maize, Millet, Rice, Wheat, Groundnut, Cowpea, Pepper, Fruits, Vegetable, Onions, Livestock, Poultry.
KIRU:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Rice, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Cassava, Pepper, Onion, Tomatoes, Kenaf, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
KIBIYA:

Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Wheat, Groundnut, Cocoyam, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Mango, Cashew, Guava, Pepper, Onion, Tomatoes, Garlic, Livestock, Poultry.
KUNCHI:

Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Wheat, Groundnut, Cowpea, Bambara Nut, Cassava, Cotton, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
MAKODA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Ball Clay, Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Cowpea, Cassava, Okro, Pepper, Livestock, Poultry.
MADOBI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Groundnut, Cowpea, Onion, Kenaf, Cassava, Cocoyam, Pepper, Tomatoes, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
MINJIBIR:

Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Groundnut, Cowpea, Pepper, Kenaf, Fruits, Vegetables, Sheanut, Onion, Livestock, Poultry.
KANO MUNICIPAL:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Onion, Pepper, Livestock, Poultry.
NASSARAWA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Maize, Groundnut, Cowpea, Cassava, Cocoyam, Livestock, Poultry.
RANO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Granite, Gemstone.
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Maize, Groundnut, Cowpea, Sugarcane, Onion, Livestock, Poultry.
ROGO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Rice, Cowpea, Cassava, Sweet Potato, Cocoyam, Onion, Pepper, Livestock, Poultry.
RIMIN GADO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Cow Pea, Tomatoes, Pepper, Lettuce, Kenaf, Livestock, Poultry.
SHANONO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Kaolin, Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Cotton, Livestock, Poultry.
SUMAILA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gold, Granite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Cocoyam, Livestock, Poultry.
TAKAI:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Pepper, Sweet Potato, Cocoyam, Cassava, Sheanut, Locust Bean, Onion, Livestock, Poultry.
TARAUNI:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Groundnut, Cassava, Cabbage, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Livestock, Poultry.
TOFA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Laterite.
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Cow Pea, Groundnut, Pepper, Fruits, Vegetables, Livestock, Poultry.
TSANYAWA:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnut, Cowpea, Guava, Onion, Pepper, Livestock, Poultry.
TUDUN – WADA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lead – Zinc Ore, Granite, Clay, Gemstone.
Agro Raw Materials: Sweet Potato, Irish Potato, Cassava, Cocoyam, Cotton, Mango, Sheanut, Cow Pea, Sorghum, Maize, Millet, Pepper, Tomatoes, Livestock, Poultry.
UNGOGO:

Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Maize, Groundnut, Cowpea, Tomatoes, Pepper, Onion, Livestock, Poultry, Kenaf, Sheanut.
WARAWA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Sorghum, Millet, Kenaf, Groundnut, Sweet Potato, Mango, Tomatoes, Sheanut, Livestock, Poultry.
WUDIL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay,
Agro Raw Materials: Sugarcane, Sweet Potato, Cassava, Cocoyam, Sheanut, Locust Bean, Soyabean, Maize, Wheat, Sorghum, Millet, Rice, Groundnut, Cow pea, Kenaf, Livestock, Poultry.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:37pm On May 24, 2010
EDO STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS: Gold, Marble, Granite. Gypsum, Petroleum, Lignite, Limestone, Ceramic Clay, Kaolin, Dolomite Feldspar, Bentonite, Silica Sand.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Cotton, Rice, Groundnut, Tobacco, Cocoa, Sugar Cane, Pawpaw, Cocoyam, Tomatoes, Yam, Livestock, Cattle, Mango, Poultry, Citrus, Coconut, Piggery, Fishery.

AKOKO EDO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Gold, Marble, Granite, Kaolin, Limestone, Dolomite, Feldspar.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Cashew, Mango, Sugarcane.

EGOR:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Cassava, Palm Produce, Cocoyam, Plantain, Banana, Rubber, Timber, Pineapple, Citrus, Mango, Coconut, Pear, Raffia Palm, Sugarcane, Pawpaw.

ESAN CENTRAL:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Citrus, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Groundnut, Cocoa, Pawpaw.

ESAN NORTH - EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Cocoyam, Yam, Cattle.

ESAN SOUTH- EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Groundnut, Yam, Livestock, Citrus, Rubber.

ESAN WEST:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Rice, Groundnut, Cocoyam, Citrus, Tomatoes, Yam, Cocoa.

ETSAKO CENTRAL:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Kaolin, Gold.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Rice, Cassava, Maize, Plantain, Yam, Cashew, Fishery, Groundnut

ETSAKO EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Feldspar, Ball Clay, Granite, Marble, Kaolin, Gold, Gypsum.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Groundnut, Timber, Tobacco, Rice, Yam, Cashew, Fishery.

ETSAKO WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Granite, Kaolin, Marble, Gypsum, Limestone.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Sugar cane, Cocoa, Rice, Yam,Citrus, Cashew.

IGUEGBEN:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Rice, Groundnut, Tomatoes, Citrus, Palm Produce, Banana, Yam, Cocoa.

IKPOBA OKHA:

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Sugarcane, Raffia Palm, Timber, Maize, Rubber, Palm Produce, Rice, Yam, Coco yam, Plantain, Banana.

ORHIONMWON:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Sugar cane, Oil Palm, Coconut.

OVIA NORTH- EAST:

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Rubber, Timber, Yam, Fishery, Coconut.

OVIA SOUTH WEST :

Mineral Raw Materials: Silica Sand, Kaolin.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Citrus, Rubber, Timber, Yam, Fishery, Coconut, Cocoa, Mango, Poultry, Piggery.

OWAN EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble, Kaolin, Limestone, Granite.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, groundnut, Pineapple, Plantain, Citrus, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam,.

OWAN WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble, Lignite, Limestone, Ball Clay, Gypsum, Kaolin, Granite.

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Cocoa, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam, Citrus.

UHUNMWONDE :

Agro Raw Materials: Banana, Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Pineapple, Plantain, Mango, Citrus, Cocoa, Rubber, Timber, Rice, Yam
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:39pm On May 24, 2010
ABIA STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS:

Glass Sand, Limestone, Salt, Shale, Ball Clay, Lead/Zinc, Granite, Marble, Laterite Sand, Bentonitic Clay, Phosphate, Kaolin, Pyrite, Feldspar, Bentonite, Petroleum, Lignite, Gypsum, Clay.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS:

Cassava, Maize, Vegetable, Palm Produce, Livestock, Cashew, Rice, Okro, Rubber, Yam, Cocoyam, Cocoa, Citrus, Pineapple, Local Pear, Plantain, Banana, Bitter cola, Pawpaw, Timber, Mango, Melon, Gmelina Abora, Ginger, Bamboo, Raffia Palm,.

ABA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Vegetable, Maize , Plantain Banana, Palm Produce, Livestock, Bitter Cola.

ABA SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Vegetable, Maize, Pawpaw, Palm Produce, Timber.

AROCHUKWU:

Mineral Raw Materials: Shale, Limestone, Bentonitic Clay, Laterite,

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Vegetable, Yam, Cocoyam, Palm Produce, Rubber, Maize, Rice .

BENDE :

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay, Bentonite , Shale, Salt, Limestone, Phosphate, Laterite,

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Cocoa, Cocoyam, Vegetable, Palm Produce, Rubber, Maize, Okra, Rice, Mango, Melon, Gmelina Abora.

IKWUANO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Bentonite , Kaolin, Phosphate.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm Produce, Maize, Vegetable, Cocoa, Ginger, Cocoyam, Melon.

ISIALA- NGWA NORTH :

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm Produce, Vegetable, Yam, Pineapple, Plantain, Banana, Bamboo, Ginger, Cocoyam, Raffia Palm.

ISIALA- NGWA SOUTH :

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand. Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Bamboo, Ginger, Palm Produce, Cassava, Plantain, Banana

ISUIKWUATO :

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Kaolin, Bentonite , Shale, Gypsum, Laterite.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Vegetable, Palm Produce, Maize, Cashew, Citrus, Pineapple, Yam.

OBI NGWA :

Mineral Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Bentonite , Kaolin, Phosphate.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Ginger, Bamboo, Rafia Palm, Cassava, Palm Produce.

OHAFIA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Limestone, Shale, Marble .

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm Produce, Maize, Rubber, Vegetable, Citrus, Rice Melon.

OSISIOMA NGWA :

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble .

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Ginger, Palm- Produce.

NGWUNAGBO :

Mineral Raw Materials: Marble .

Agro Raw Materials: Palm Produce, Cassava, Ginger, Raffia Palm , Bamboo.

UKWA EAST :

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand, Petroleum.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm Produce , Maize , Vegetable, Ube (Local Pear), Plantain.

UKWA WEST :

Mineral Raw Materials: Glass Sand, Petroleum

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Palm Produce, Maize , Vegetable, Ube (Local Pear), Plantain.

UMUAHIA NORTH :

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Lignite, Ball Clay, Shale, Bentonite , Phosphate.

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Maize, Palm Produce, Ube (Local Pear).

UMUAHIA SOUTH :

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Bentonite Clay .

Agro Raw Materials: Palm Produce, Cassava, Bamboo, Raffia Palm, Timber.

UMU - NNEOCHI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay, Kaolin, Granite.

Agro Raw Materials: Cashew, Cassava, Citrus, Palm Produce, Ginger, Rice .
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:40pm On May 24, 2010
ANAMBRA STATE

MINERAL RAW MATERIALS: Natural gas, Petroleum, Kaolin, Pyrite, Lignite.

AGRO RAW MATERIALS: Maize, Rice, Pigeon pea, Yam, Beans, Cassava, Melon, Palm produce, Poultry, Livestock, Sweet potato, Kolanut, Castor oil seed, Plantain, Banana, Mango, Citrus, Piggery, Potato, Fruits, Cocoyam, Rabbitery, Fishery.

AGUATA:

Mineral Raw Materials: Clay, Kaolin.
Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Piggery, Yam, Cassava, Poultry, Kola, Palm produce.

ANAMBRA EAST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Clay, Natural gas, Petroleum.
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Potato, Rice, Yam, Pigeon Pea (Fio-fio), Fishery, Melon, Kolanuts, Maize, Fruits, Poultry, Piggery.
ANAMBRA WEST:

Mineral Raw Materials: Natural gas, Petroleum
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Yam, Cassava, Maize, Melon, Castor oil seeds, Fruits, Poultry.
ANIOCHA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Maize, Rice, Pigeon pea (Fio-fio), Yam, Castor oil, Plantain, Banana, Poultry, Piggery.
AWKA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Cassava, Cocoyam, Yam, Beans, Castor oil seeds, Fruits, Poultry, Piggery.
AWKA SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Yam, Cocoyam, Rice, Maize, Pigeon Pea, Melon, Plantain, Banana, Citrus, Rabbitery.
AYAMELUM:

Mineral Raw Materials: clay, Kaolin
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Yam, Cassava, Maize, Cocoyam, Melon, Fruits.
DUNUKOFIA:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Cassava, Cocoyam, Melon, Fruits, Pigeon Pea.

EKWUSIGO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Kaolin, Clay

Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Castor oil seeds.
IDEMILI NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lignite
Agro Raw Materials: Maize Cassava, Cocoyam, Palm produce, Melon, Castor oil seeds, Plantain, Banana, Poultry.
IDEMILI SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials:
Agro Raw Materials: Cassava, Cocoyam, Palm produce, Melon, Castor oil seeds, Plantain, Banana, Poultry.
IHIALA:

Mineral Raw Materials: kaolin, Clay
Agro Raw Materials: Palm produce, Cassava, Yam, Melon, Maize, Pigeon, Castor oil seeds, Plantain, Banana, Fruits.
NJIKOKA:

Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Maize, Cassava, Melon, Palm produce, Plantain, Banana, Fruits, Cocoyam.
NNEWI NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lignite
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Palm produce, Cassava, Cocoyam, Maize, Melon, Fruits, Poultry.
NNEWI SOUTH:

Agro Raw Materials: Palm produce, Yam, Maize, Cassava, Fruits.
OGBARU:

Mineral Raw Materials: Natural gas, Petroleum
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Yam, Cassava, Fishery, Castor oil seeds, Kolanut, Poultry.
ONITSHA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lignite, Pyrite.
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Cassava, Fruits.
ONITSHA SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lignite, Pyrite.
Agro Raw Materials: Yam, Cassava, Fruits.
ORUMBA NORTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Palm produce, Cassava, Melon, Fruits, Plantain, Banana, Poultry, Fishery.
ORUMBA SOUTH:

Mineral Raw Materials: Laterite clay.
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Palm produce, Yam, Cassava, Maize, Cocoyam, Fruits, Poultry, Castor oil seeds.
OYI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Pyrite
Agro Raw Materials: Rice, Yam, Cassava, Maize, Potatoes, Fishery.
Re: Igbo States Are Lagging Behind In Development by mekuszyx: 4:42pm On May 24, 2010
EBONYI STATE

Mineral Raw Materials:
Lead/Zinc, Salt, Limestone, Ball Clay, Gypsum, Granite, Brine, Marble, Shale, Pyrite, Flourspar, Laterite, Bentonite, Quartz.

Agro Raw Materials:
Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Banana, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Plantain, Citrus, Cocoyam, Fishery, Vegetables, Cocoa, Groundnut, Okro, Pepper, Pear, Tomato, Pigeon Pea, Kolanut, Timber, Piggery, Poultry, Cashew, Yam, Castor Seed, Cowpea.

ABAKALIKI:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lead/Zinc, Brine, Limestone, Gypsum, Marble.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery.

AFIKPO NORTH:

Minerals Raw Materials: Granite, Laterite, Limestone, Lead/Zinc, Salt, Marble.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seed, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, fishery, Cowpea.

AFIKPO SOUTH:

Minerals Raw Materials: Limestone, Granite, Ball Clay, Laterite, Lead/Zinc.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea.

EBONYI:

Minerals Raw Materials:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seed, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea.

EZZA NORTH:

Minerals Raw Materials:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea, Citrus.

EZZA SOUTH:

Minerals Raw Materials:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea.

IKWO:

Mineral Raw Materials: Lead/Zinc, Brine.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seed, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea.

ISHIELU:

Minerals Raw Materials: Limestone, Gypsum.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Citrus, Cowpea. IVO:

Minerals Raw Materials: Granite, Lead/Zinc.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Citrus, Kolanut, Castor Seed, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Cowpea. IZZI:

Minerals Raw Materials: Leads/Zinc.

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seed, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Timber, Piggery, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Fishery, Citrus, Cowpea.

OHAOZARA:

Minerals Raw Materials: Ball Clay, Bentonite, Salt, Lead/Zinc, Gypsum, Limestone, Black Marble, Pyrite, Quartz, Fluorspar, Granite.

OHAUKWU:

Minerals Raw Materials:

Agro Raw Materials: Maize, Rice, Yam, Sweet Potato, Palm Produce, Mango, Cassava, Melon, Kolanut, Castor Seeds, Pigeon Pea, Mango, Orange, Cashew, Poultry, Cocoyam, Cowpea.

ONICHA:

Minerals Raw Materials: Lead/Zinc, Granite, Gypsum, Shale, Salt, Pyrite, Fluorspar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Nomads, Soldiers Kill Four In N’delta / Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants / Buhari Speaks At The Climate Change Conference (COP22) 2016 In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.