Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends (16434 Views)

Ladies What Will You Do If Your Boyfriend Tells You He's Positive / My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years / She Tells Me She Loves Me But Her Attitude Tells A Different Story.what Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by blonde4ril: 12:08am On May 22, 2010
hey guys please I'd like to know your opinions on this-if its a good thing or a bad sign.

I'm currently going out with a guy who I've known for four years, we've been good friends for two and a half years and have been romantically involved for almost two months.
while we were friends I knew the girls he dated even though we never discussed them. now that we're dating, sometimes in the course of our discussions, he brings up stories about things that happened with girls he has dated in the past or about how he made some moves on a lady even though he did not eventually get to date her and depending on what he is talking about he may mention names.
I am not jealous or anything. he claims to love me more and all- even though you can never tell with guys. the thing is, he seems very comfortable discussing those ladies i dont know if it is because of how friendly we have been in the past- as in he is very comfortable around me, or if there is something i should be worried about in this behaviour.

your honest opinion would be very much appreciated.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Pweety4me(f): 12:10am On May 22, 2010
He shouldn't be talking about other women when he is wif you!
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Nobody: 12:13am On May 22, 2010
ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING sad sad sad This may not end well
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by iice(f): 2:43am On May 22, 2010
C'est la vie. There are part of his life, his past. . .

Personally it's not a big deal for me. So long as you don't expect me to change myself
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by blank(f): 4:47am On May 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

ALARM BELLS ARE RINGING sad sad sad This may not end well

Why r alarm bells ringing?
I love my husband telling me about his past relationships.
In fact, i ask and expect him to include names.
I just feel that it is part of his past and i would like to know more and see what makes him tick and how i can avoid 'their' mistakes.
Besides, isnt it part of being totally honest with nothing to hide?

Would like to hear from guys to get their perspective.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Gabry(f): 4:51am On May 22, 2010
Based on my humble opinion, you should not be worried about it . The only time where u can start worrying is when he makes a comparison between you and his ex gf
s than that should abe a problem.

If its just normal conversation about his ex, that means he is comfortable telling you everything and anything and you should take that as an advantage and not a disadvantage.

My bf tells me about his past relationships all the time and when we were best friends I knew almost all his ex.

So u dont have to worry.  wink
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by 190: 7:23pm On May 22, 2010
why shud the guy talk abt his ex,
feels like he's missin dem or smtin

why cant guys let their exs go
its like goin bak 2 a vomit

rubbish!@
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by olulu(m): 9:03pm On May 22, 2010
@poster,

guys normally talk about their runs/ past babes with fellow guys, as a comarde kind of thingy.
so if ur guy is tellin u about his ex babes that means he sees u more than just his babe, but also as a comrade.
all u need do is to listen and learn, cos he might also be trying to point out d way he like some things being done.

so be rest assured me lady, no long thing, but be at thy best and let God take care of d rest. 1love grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by mamagee3(f): 9:14pm On May 22, 2010
Does that call for a thread? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Jaideyone(m): 9:24pm On May 22, 2010
^^^ yes it does.
@topic there's nothing wrong about that. You should be happy he's talking about his past.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by pikadily(m): 1:05am On May 23, 2010
Jaidey-one:

^^^ yes it does.
@topic there's nothing wrong about that. You should be happy he's talking about his past.

na lie.Me i only do that to make her go berserk. grin
@poster believe me its not good.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Madukaele(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2010
is good to talk about ex , but not all d time. if he does almost every time dat should mean he isnt over with them ,ie still get feeling.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Sonofpeace(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2010
i dont think its that bad talking about your ex. What is bad is talking about them frequently to your new bf/gf. If i may ask, what he says about his ex are they positive or negative things?
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Radiant(f): 10:26am On May 23, 2010
No biggie. There are days when we just talk about our past and laugh and tease each other. We could even tease about having a 3some  grin grin grin
The good thing is that at the end of the day we know not to cross the line so it works for us. tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by ramonacee(f): 10:32am On May 23, 2010
undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Madukaele(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2010
Radiant:

No biggie. There are days when we just talk about our past and laugh and tease each other. We could even tease about having a 3some  grin grin grin
The good thing is that at the end of the day we know not to cross the line so it works for us. tongue
shocked shocked shocked :ou bad ooo, u  know it , u bad ooo tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Shola2009(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2010
That's a bunch of rubbish.He shouldn't bring that $hit up. You tell him that.
what's past's past!
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by spawnx: 10:20pm On May 23, 2010
Telling u bout the past is a way of being open to you. In time u ll get to know everything bout him, without fear of the past springing on you. If he's telling u the past in a boastful way then ,
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Nobody: 9:33am On May 24, 2010
guess he is just an open guy who feels very comfortable ard u.I cant see any red flags and dnt go abt thinking like that.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by sylve11: 9:35am On May 24, 2010
tell him not to tell u about his ex any more, u don't like it or do u? cool
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by blonde4ril: 1:28pm On May 29, 2010
Tnks u all 4 ur contributions. D first two replies put me off dis site for a while. For some of u, i don't think u read wat i sed very well. However he does nt talk abt dem always. Only wen a point has to be made or somehow it just comes up.
I was only worried cos he dint seem to feel embarassed wen talkin or hold out completely as me i hardly tell evn though he knws some of my conquests- as i sed, we've bin frnds b4 now.
Anoda tin is mayb i'm jst scared dat if it doesnt work out in his next relationship, he'd b talking abt me in the same manner to another chic!
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by samnaija: 9:55pm On May 29, 2010
[td][/the guy is at ease with you, b4 a guy can open up to you it means he likes u. relax guys dont brag about their conquest to girls but mostly to their bobos.but he feels he can tell u anything dont spoil it.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Africanqueen2(f): 11:13pm On May 29, 2010
Since he doesn't compare u wit them, and he only talk abt them to make point u should be happy. . . He likes u alot and trust you that's why he's open and its a very good sign. Guys don't open up easy. . . Besides u were friends before so he feels comfortable around you. . . But if it bothers u, tell him to stop. Me and my bf talk abt our past sometimes and its fun.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Malita156(f): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2010
It builds trust n eliminates secrecy.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by luap: 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2010
Just not right
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by skfa1: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
Someone who talks about others to you will definitely talk about you to another person one day.

Note my word.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by firebrand: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Though you claimed not to be jealous in the course of the discussion but are you ever worried that this your man can suddenly ask you to tell him of your past. Are you pepared to let him know of your past as well, bearing in mind men's attitude towards their partner's past. Dont ever think he will sit down and enjoy your stories of your past boy friends, for that will scattered the relationship, and if you fail to say your own part on request, he will definitely be dissappointed.

My candid advice for you is to look for a way to discourage him from telling you more of his past and focus on what the future have for both of you.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Onchedu(m): 3:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
Is he comparing U with them or is e just not even aware he brings them up from time to time and that doesnt go down well with U?

Have U talked to him about this?
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
What's the big deal

I talk about my ex ALL the time! undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by Moyola(f): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
Each to his/herz! 've no probz bn told. . .xcept I dont ask ofcourse! tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by bouymoyo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ poster there is noting wrong in ur guy talkin about his past .4 me as a guy it;s nobig deal xcept u notice is comin up with smthing with dat then u can react. & not archly jst gently.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends by blonde4ril: 1:54am On Jun 05, 2010
@ skf!, my fear although i console myself wit d fact that when we were just friends he didnt talk about them so i suppose he would only talk with someone he is clooooooooosssse to.

@ onchendo he is aware of when he brings them up. he does not compare me with them. but maybe he doesn't know it comes into the discussion often enough for me to notice and start worrying. or maybe I'm being overly sensitive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am 22 And My Son Is Now 5yrs Old. One Word For Me (photo) / Zimbabwean Woman Demands Payment As Lover Dumps Her After 9 Years / #Debate: Money Sustains Romantic Love# ~ENDED~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.