Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years (2822 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / Ladies What Will You Do If Your Boyfriend Tells You He's Positive / My Boyfriend Tells Me Of His Past Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by preciosaadriana8(f): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
We Have Been Dating For 4 Years. We Started Dating While I Was In School And He Was Very Loving And Serious Minded, He Introduced Me To His Parents After About 2 Years Of Dating But Now The Relationship Is 4 Years And A Few Months Old He Has Changed And He Says Hes Not Ready For A Commited Relationship But I Still Love Him, I Wish I Could Leave Him

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by spays(m): 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
U guys can be like brad pitt and angelina jolie

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Tolexander: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
preciosaadriana8: We Have Been Dating For 4 Years. We Started Dating While I Was In School And He Was Very Loving And Serious Minded, He Introduced Me To His Parents After About 2 Years Of Dating But Now The Relationship Is 4 Years And A Few Months Old He Has Changed And He Says Hes Not Ready For A Commited Relationship But I Still Love Him, I Wish I Could Leave Him
if she isn't ready to be committed, don't worry, leave him and come to me. I'm ready to be committed.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by jideomowunmi(f): 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
U wish u can leave him...so, out rightly he is still eating ur kitty cat..?babe r u serious..?are u a free giver wise up abeg... sad sad

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by preciosaadriana8(f): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
Its Not Easy, I Have Made So Many Sacrifices In The Relationship, He Tells Me He Loves Me And Wants To Marry Me But That He Is Not Ready For Commitment Now
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by DollyParton1(f): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
What do u mean by a committed relationship? Engagement or marriage?
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by djeezy(m): 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
spays: U guys can be like brad pitt and angelina jolie
haha. True that.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by djeezy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
preciosaadriana8: We Have Been Dating For 4 Years. We Started Dating While I Was In School And He Was Very Loving And Serious Minded, He Introduced Me To His Parents After About 2 Years Of Dating But Now The Relationship Is 4 Years And A Few Months Old He Has Changed And He Says Hes Not Ready For A Commited Relationship But I Still Love Him, I Wish I Could Leave Him
Have you asked him why he's not ready for committed relationship. What have you guys been doing since na? Maybe he's tired of you....Just maybe.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by arsetalks(m): 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
Those of us who are ready to be committed will not find anyone and the unserious minded ones will get someone to play with. Shameful.

All I can say is move on but be careful when picking.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by ugreat(m): 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
I tire o, after 4years. Baby, wait de guy will change his mind!
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by preciosaadriana8(f): 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
He Says Hes Not Ready To Get Engaged Or Married Cos He Still Wants To Enjoy Being Single And Recently I Discovered That Hes Cheating On Me But He Says The Other Girls Mean Nothing To Him
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by McWhillion(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
The word COMMITMENT is one that strikes fear in the heart of many guys. Many dudes can be in a long relationship but the mention of COMMITMENT scare the shiit out of them minds.
@Op, it seems you're in a hurry, if the guy still loves you it's better you stick with him, he will pop the question when he is ready.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
jideomowunmi: U wish u can leave him...so, out rightly he is still eating ur kitty cat..?babe r u serious..?are u a free giver wise up abeg... sad sad
person wey wear shoe na hin know where E dey pain am. Its not easy to just leave na. You a female should know better.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by preciosaadriana8(f): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thanks Everyone I Appreciate Your Comments
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by MizMyColi(f): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
preciosaadriana8: He Says Hes Not Ready To Get Engaged Or Married Cos He Still Wants To Enjoy Being Single And Recently I Discovered That Hes Cheating On Me But He Says The Other Girls Mean Nothing To Him
I was going to view and pass till I saw this ^^^.

Babe, truth is, even you don tire.
You wanna leave him.
But you're still psychomorphologically attached as a result of the romance/sex and the finances, and the other guys you've given up just for him etc.

Let's even say he's ready to get committed, is he really what you want in a man?
You seem to have lost yourself in the process of accommodating this guy.
See, marriage, contrary to what we've been made to believe, is not a race.
Better late than sorry hun, believe me.

Did you define the relationship before now?
Have you lost your pride completely that you can't give him, even if it's two weeks break (No contact) and see whether he comes for you or not?

Please ask yourself these hard questions.
Are you working at becoming a better you?
Where do you see yourself five years from now?
What are you really afraid of? (Deal with those fears! Your mind is the battlefield).
Biko, wake up, then wake up again and start living your life. Whatever'll be will be.
You don try.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by eph12(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
Since you started dating during your university days and its just 4 years now then its safe to say you have no reason to panic. Your whole life is before you. Place it at the back of your mind that this relationship may not lead anywhere close to where you want it to be. Focus on your career and free yourself so you don't miss the real one when he comes knocking.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by dre11(m): 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
preciosaadriana8: He Says Hes Not Ready To Get Engaged Or Married Cos He Still Wants To Enjoy Being Single And Recently I Discovered That Hes Cheating On Me But He Says The Other Girls Mean Nothing To Him

I can see the reasons why he doesn't want to be committed....
Because all the previledges a married one needs to enjoy in a relationship is being enjoyed by him and lots more....

I hope u have the shock absorber to take whatever poo u keep seeing in these attachment that you call relationship
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by OCTAVO: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
Ooops... cool
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Kirinwa: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
He probably doesn't want a ballon.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Four years..
He is not ready for commitment
He still enjoys being single
You found out he is cheating on you but he said the other girl means nothing

He will soon introduce a baby to you as his son from the other girl
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Kirinwa: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
McWhillion: The word COMMITMENT is one that strikes fear in the heart of many guys. Many dudes can be in a long relationship but the mention of COMMITMENT scare the shiit out of them minds.
@Op, it seems you're in a hurry, if the guy still loves you it's better you stick with him, he will pop the question when he is ready.

After 4 years? Like seriously? Is it when its 7 years your eyes will open? You ll be like am in a relationship to every guy that's interested in you.

Thats why girls are their own worst enemies.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Kirinwa: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
PrettyPrisca for your mind you are pouting lips?
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kirinwa: He probably doesn't want a ballon.
oga kirinwa hahahahahaha. E no good ooo
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by jmoore(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Your wish will come true when he leaves you. Keep wishing or do something better than wishing.

preciosaadriana8: Its Not Easy, I Have Made So Many Sacrifices In The Relationship, He Tells Me He Loves Me And Wants To Marry Me But That He Is Not Ready For Commitment Now
Do you think he cares about your sacrifices?

Shine your eyes.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by jideomowunmi(f): 5:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
OliverPin: person wey wear shoe na hin know where E dey pain am. Its not easy to just leave na. You a female should know better.

It is at whose detriment? undecided undecided undecided..av been in her shoes before & YES..i left him...& d guy not wanting commitment is a crap..he is just looking for a way out of d relationship..if not..why dint he open up earlier on?? He had to wait for 4yrs..common, so many of us has been well played in d past & I clearly kno aw d game is being played now... dem don teach me well and me sef don learn well...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by McWhillion(m): 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kirinwa:

After 4 years? Like seriously? Is it when its 7 years your eyes will open? You ll be like am in a relationship to every guy that's interested in you.

Thats why girls are their own worst enemies.
Is this admonition for the op or for me?
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
jideomowunmi:

It is at whose detriment? undecided undecided undecided..av been in her shoes before & YES..i left him...& d guy not wanting commitment is a crap..he is just looking for a way out of d relationship..if not..why dint he open up earlier on?? He had to wait for 4yrs..common, so many of us has been well played in d past & I clearly kno aw d game is being played now... dem don teach me well and me sef don learn well...
bae I feel you though..... Anyways, her life, her cross.... Good luck OP

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by richardnuga(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Oga ooo...... 4yrs? Dats fuckin long ooo
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by preciosaadriana8(f): 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thanks Everyone I Feel Much Stronger After Reading Your Comments, I Really Appreciate It
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2014

after 4 yrs he still wont commit...girlfriend if u do love him make him commit or u look elsewhere maybe the feeling is not mutual.
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by star141(m): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
A lady once told me " the fact you meet my parents don't mean I'd be ur wife", you should knw relationship of 4-5yrs don't guarantee a wedding, you'd knw hw serious a guy is during courtship nd then undstnd if things wld end perfectly btw u 2. I blieve u didn't study him well enough bt it's nt 2 late to luk out for som1 better than him.

Best of luck
Re: My Boyfriend Tells Me He's Not Ready For Commitment After 4 Years by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
How can I ever be planning my future with a guy that can't even be faithful to me while dating.
Smh
Stupid Love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnancy Issues....its Urgent Pls...help / Chinese Man Has Car Accident – 17 Girlfriends Show Up To See Him In Hospital / Why Are Guys Slaves To Pretty Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.