Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU (52430 Views)

Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive / JOHESU Set To Embark On Indefinite Strike / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by fitzfrankses7(m): 1:30pm On May 14, 2018
TempoJames:

I took oath 9rs ago
already FMCpath
Boy I know you are no where near FWACS.
You are too dumb to be there. You don't even know M.D is equivalent to ph.D.
If you are a Johesu member claiming an M.D you haven't seen anything yet. Especially if you are a medlab scientist I will still be your head as it is obtainable in Britain where we got our medicine from
Boy! The CEO is an accountant. Go and browse the functions of a CEO probably English Language was not part of your training. Also check the meaning of medical director boy!

Really? An FMCPath and you speak without courtesy, facts and tact? Obviously you are a product of a system that infuses unhealthy egocentric hatred within the health care team-little wonder you have something personal against Medical Laboratory Scientists (I was too until I rid myself of that through international experience and I'll advise you as your senior colleague to do the same).
Kindly read your comments to understand how shallow and myopic you sound even when corrected with facts
If you choose to remain incorrigible, fine but don't go about disgracing and openly shaming us like you have been doing- we'll rather you keep quiet.
And oh... I can book you for your bilateral orchidectomy free of charge(After all what are brothers for) - that's what I do you know

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 3:11pm On May 14, 2018
aribisala0:

You are indeed totally unintelligent.

You have no idea of the background and you think you can just go on the internet and fish out stuff you do not underrstand

First I educated you that the CEO is the boss despiite you foolish claim that he is an accountant and only performs "administration" functions

Next I informed you that NHS England is not a hospital as you foolishly assumed.

NHS England is a Board responsible for over £100 billion pounds in spending across England . As such it is a public body similar to a Health Management Board in some states in Nigeria

The Board has people from diverse backgrounds MOSTLY business and consulting in fact MOST are not from the health industry.

There is a doctor, a nurse and a molecular geneticist on the board

Foolishly you claimed that the Medical Director is similar to a CMD ,

No he is not he is similar to a Director in our Ministry of Health. NHS England performs functions that our own Ministry of Health performs
His Boss is the CEO who is not a clinician

The Secretary for Health (health Minister) has not been a doctor or clinician in more than 20 years. So stop this self deception

No one in the UK subscribes to this idea that doctors should be boss

God bless you for this intelligent post. The comment is self explanatory. Any person that fails to understand it is a liability to his family who spent fortunes to train him/her in school.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by sartorius(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2018
Verdict

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Topshow2010(m): 5:07pm On May 14, 2018
*THE ANATOMY OF SUPPORT STAFF*
I have to force myself to look up the meaning of "support staff", following the brazen claim that the three important people in any health institution are the doctor, patient and support staff (in that order), and Cambridge Dictionary has this definition:
*The people who work for an organization to keep it running and to support the people who are involved in the organization's main business*

If the claim is anything to go by, then the doctors are the very professionals involved in hospital's "main business". It is imperative to ask why we have management committees in health institutions comprising other professionals "alien to medicine"? Medical doctors should form 100% of any decision-making committees since they are involved in every facility's "main business".

We were trained on the premise that every staff in the hospital set-up is important. Without the cleaner, for example, activities in any hospital environment won't go smoothly. Personally I consider the hospital attendant as important as any senior staff in the hospital.

It is a preposterous to consider a Nurse, Pharmacist or Physiotherapist as a "support staff" in patient care, it is equally bizarre to gauge a Medical Laboratory Scientists or Radiographer as a "support staff" in the diagnosis of ailments. We have health professionals "alien to medicine" that have acquired PhDs in their various fields and still work in health facilities, how can these be termed "support staff"?

Agreed, there has to be a leader in any set-up, but when the leader cover himself/herself with an aura of invisibility anarchy sets in. That's the genesis of the snag in our healthcare sector, that's why healthcare in Nigeria is shackled and manacled.

So long as that invincibility patina persists, inter-professional rivalry in the nation's healthcare sector will trot on, to the chagrin and detriment of whom I consider the most important ingredient in the health sector: The patient.

*Tanimu Umar*

3 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2018
Since the current health workers strike in Nigeria, all the stake holders has been citing international best practices. The doctors under NMA and all other health workers under JOHESU has been at log ahead.
Both groups has been dishing out propaganda to the media. The doctors has claimed that they control all other departments and their services are at the doctors' beck and call, but JOHESU insists that the assumption is wrong. Doctors lack training and competence in some of these areas e.g physiotherapy/
medical rehabilitation. They are doctors too, they assess, treat, rehabilitate and discharge with all diagnostic imaging and lab tests privileges. Optometrists too are doctors both by operations and designation, they have spent 6yrs in medical school yet NMA said they are just support staff.
Nonetheless, JOHESU Leadership has come out to accuse the NMA doctors of ignorance, greediness and myopic thinking. Dr. Adewole the current Minister for Health has been proven wrong in regard to international best practices.
There could be bias from the Ministers. Today, both the minister of labour, senior and junior ministers of health are NMA doctors so the JOHESU strike that has paralyzed the health sector is rather a thing of politics for the ministers. You often see them on TV interviews double speaking. There is no gainsaying that NMA has colonized and made their birth right the offices of:
a) minister for health
b) minister of state for health
c) CMDs of all secondary and tertiary hospitals
d) Deputy CMDs
e) CMACs
f) directors of 90% of all parastaltas and health related agencies
g) the list is endless
NMA said the reason for coveting these offices is because other health workers are not "medically qualified" even though they all finished from the same college of medicine; took same or similar causes together or as separate departments.
Let's look at the so called international best practices. Lets look at the ministers of health of following countries:
1. France minister of health
Morisol Touraine.
She is not a degree holder. Studied At Ecole Normale Supereure and specialized in Economics and social issues.
2. Germany minister of health
Jens Spahn.
Studied Political science and Law at University of Hagen.
3. Saudi Arabia minister of health.
Dr. Tawfiq Al Ravish.
Obtain bachelor degree in Financial management and Mathematics, then 2 masters in computer science and information science.
4. Israel minister of health.
Yaakov Litzman.
Studied Torah and his first job was principal of Yaakov Girls school and then join politics.
5. Spain minister of health, social, security and Equality.
Dolors Montserrat.
A Lawyer and politician. She specialized in Real Estate and Environmental Law.
6. India minister of health
Jagat Prakash Nadda.
He a graduate of Law at Himachal Prakash.
7. Canada minister of health
Genette Petitpas Taylor.
She has bachelor degree in Social work.
Non of the above ministers study medicine and they are health ministers of their countries. Yet Isaac Adewole and NMA are saying our ministry of health institutions most be headed by medical doctors, ie. the international best practice.
# copied and edited.

8 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by MrBigiman: 5:35pm On May 14, 2018
aribisala0:

You are indeed totally unintelligent.

You have no idea of the background and you think you can just go on the internet and fish out stuff you do not underrstand

First I educated you that the CEO is the boss despiite you foolish claim that he is an accountant and only performs "administration" functions

Next I informed you that NHS England is not a hospital as you foolishly assumed.

NHS England is a Board responsible for over £100 billion pounds in spending across England . As such it is a public body similar to a Health Management Board in some states in Nigeria

The Board has people from diverse backgrounds MOSTLY business and consulting in fact MOST are not from the health industry.

There is a doctor, a nurse and a molecular geneticist on the board

Foolishly you claimed that the Medical Director is similar to a CMD ,

No he is not he is similar to a Director in our Ministry of Health. NHS England performs functions that our own Ministry of Health performs
His Boss is the CEO who is not a clinician

The Secretary for Health (health Minister) has not been a doctor or clinician in more than 20 years. So stop this self deception

No one in the UK subscribes to this idea that doctors should be boss

Nobody except Johesu member subscribe to this gibberish u are muttering.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by aribisala0(m): 6:05pm On May 14, 2018
MrBigiman:

Nobody except Johesu member subscribe to this gibberish u are muttering.
To a child the world is a binary place of good and bad , like and hate, Man U v Man City. JOHESU v NMA
Everything is a polarity.
In fact children experience nihilistic anxiety when there are no polarties
Adults know better.
Contradictions occupy the same space and the task of adulthood includes negotating complexity and change.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by JoannaSedley(f): 8:34am On May 15, 2018
aribisala0:
To a child the world is a binary place of good and bad , like and hate, Man U v Man City. JOHESU v NMA
Everything is a polarity.
In fact children experience nihilistic anxiety when there are no polarties
Adults know better.
Contradictions occupy the same space and the task of adulthood includes negotating complexity and change.

For your mind now you think the guy you quoted will understand this. He is too beclouded by the doctor aura to discern the deep words you tabled here.
Next time, write in simpler words and sentences for simpletons like him.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Jossyroyal1: 2:43pm On May 15, 2018
People better not get sick this period undecided
Docs/ Nurses I have something for you

Check my signature

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by CarrilT(m): 4:44pm On May 15, 2018
I get really embarrassed by the amount of venom and bad blood existing between doctors and non doctors in Nigeria. Sincerely it is difficult for peace to reign when each group sees things only from their own perspective. What we need is mutual respect. All the professionals are important and indispensable in the provision of qualitative health care to our patients. For those of us who have had the unique privilege of training as a non doctor and also as a doctor it is easier to understand the sentiments from both sides. Now let me give a brief overview of my personal experience. I trained as a physiotherapist many years ago at OAU, this was purely out of choice and my first and second choices then was physiotherapy. Something happen to me during my NYSC year in Portharcourt that made me finally decided to go back to study medicine which I've actually been contemplating right from 300L in Ife. On a that faithful Friday night a young man was attacked and matcheted by hoodlums. The man was rushed to our hostel by some good Samaritan when they heard that there are some doctors there. As fate would have it, this guys knocked on my door violently and by the time I saw the injured man, I was simply overwhelmed. I did a little but of course I wasn't trainned as a physiotherapist to handle such case. I quickly dashed to me friend Dr. Chidi room who is also a corper. The calmness, expertise and confidence with which he handled the injured man made an indelible impression on me and from that day I vowed to study medicine. By the grace of God today I'm a consultant neurologist. Right from the undergraduate days and also during my period working as a physiotherapist, we had so much disdain and hatred for doctors. We see them as pompous, arrogant but in the real sense that is not always the case. Now that I've gone through the medical school and postgraduate training as a doctor I know what it means to be a doctor. For all my JOHESU brethren, you can't understand that feeling unless you experience it. A couple of my physiotherapy colleagues, nurses and pharmacist have gone back to medical school to study medicine. For those who want balanced perspective I appeal to you to interact with such people. In many countries one cannot even go and study medicine directly you must have a degree in science and health related courses. I was the best student in physiotherapy in my set at OAU in 1997, I didn't have to strain myself too much because the courses were semester courses and with minimal effort I scored A in most of my courses. Medical school is very different, the exam is a whole session that is one year, sometimes the exams even ask what you have done in previous classes. My morbid anatomy note alone was more than all the notes I had in 300L physiotherapy combined. I have experienced both sides and I want to appeal to my JOHESU brothers to give the doctors the respect they deserve. What you call arrogance most times is confidence and being authoritative which are ingredients essential to be a successful doctor. As a doctor, we have to show respect to all other health professionals, each profession is unique in its own right and we are interdependent on each other. Resolving the perennial squabbles between doctors and non doctors in Nigeria requires a fair and holistic assessment of the situation, I think the Yayale Ahmed committee came close to that. We have to adopt international best practice and modify it to suit our peculiarities here. I have made some recommendations earlier and have received knocks especially from the JOHESU group though one of them who is my close friend called and agreed with most of my points. We have to sit down, talk and negotiate the best formulae that can work for us. I will stop for now.
Dr omojowolo olubunmi
Bsc physiotherapy ife
MBBS Lagos
FMCP neurology
Consultant neurologist mainland hospital Lagos.
Copied.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 5:28pm On May 15, 2018
CarrilT:
I get really embarrassed by the amount of venom and bad blood existing between doctors and non doctors in Nigeria. Sincerely it is difficult for peace to reign when each group sees things only from their own perspective. What we need is mutual respect. All the professionals are important and indispensable in the provision of qualitative health care to our patients. For those of us who have had the unique privilege of training as a non doctor and also as a doctor it is easier to understand the sentiments from both sides. Now let me give a brief overview of my personal experience. I trained as a physiotherapist many years ago at OAU, this was purely out of choice and my first and second choices then was physiotherapy. Something happen to me during my NYSC year in Portharcourt that made me finally decided to go back to study medicine which I've actually been contemplating right from 300L in Ife. On a that faithful Friday night a young man was attacked and matcheted by hoodlums. The man was rushed to our hostel by some good Samaritan when they heard that there are some doctors there. As fate would have it, this guys knocked on my door violently and by the time I saw the injured man, I was simply overwhelmed. I did a little but of course I wasn't trainned as a physiotherapist to handle such case. I quickly dashed to me friend Dr. Chidi room who is also a corper. The calmness, expertise and confidence with which he handled the injured man made an indelible impression on me and from that day I vowed to study medicine. By the grace of God today I'm a consultant neurologist. Right from the undergraduate days and also during my period working as a physiotherapist, we had so much disdain and hatred for doctors. We see them as pompous, arrogant but in the real sense that is not always the case. Now that I've gone through the medical school and postgraduate training as a doctor I know what it means to be a doctor. For all my JOHESU brethren, you can't understand that feeling unless you experience it. A couple of my physiotherapy colleagues, nurses and pharmacist have gone back to medical school to study medicine. For those who want balanced perspective I appeal to you to interact with such people. In many countries one cannot even go and study medicine directly you must have a degree in science and health related courses. I was the best student in physiotherapy in my set at OAU in 1997, I didn't have to strain myself too much because the courses were semester courses and with minimal effort I scored A in most of my courses. Medical school is very different, the exam is a whole session that is one year, sometimes the exams even ask what you have done in previous classes. My morbid anatomy note alone was more than all the notes I had in 300L physiotherapy combined. I have experienced both sides and I want to appeal to my JOHESU brothers to give the doctors the respect they deserve. What you call arrogance most times is confidence and being authoritative which are ingredients essential to be a successful doctor. As a doctor, we have to show respect to all other health professionals, each profession is unique in its own right and we are interdependent on each other. Resolving the perennial squabbles between doctors and non doctors in Nigeria requires a fair and holistic assessment of the situation, I think the Yayale Ahmed committee came close to that. We have to adopt international best practice and modify it to suit our peculiarities here. I have made some recommendations earlier and have received knocks especially from the JOHESU group though one of them who is my close friend called and agreed with most of my points. We have to sit down, talk and negotiate the best formulae that can work for us. I will stop for now.
Dr omojowolo olubunmi
Bsc physiotherapy ife
MBBS Lagos
FMCP neurology
Copied.

There was an incident of wound injury. You couldn't handle it because of your deficits in your learning and exposure. And thus that was why you went back to varsity. Pls tell that to buffons. Recently, the current Health minister guffed that (physical) rehabilitation is not treatment and Yusuf Buhari was flew abroad for it. I was visibly shocked and wondered why illiteracy is plaguing our universities this era. For the sake of clarity, rehabilitation is part of the job specification of physiotherapist.
look at this article:

The role of physiotherapy in managing patients with wounds.
Review article
McCulloch JM. J Wound Care. 1998.
Show full citation
Abstract
The physiotherapist is a highly respected member of the wound-care team in the USA. While assisting in all aspects of wound care, including debridement and dressing selection and application, the physiotherapist also provides a unique function. The numerous physical agents, such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, hydrotherapy and heat all have benefits to offer the patient in contributing to healing. The background knowledge of biomechanics possessed by members of this discipline likewise enhances the services of the wound-care team. Physiotherapists recommend strategies to relieve or redistribute pressure for those confined to bed or wheelchair or for the ambulatory individual with an insensate foot. It is perceived that physiotherapists who remain uninvolved in wound care are a major untapped resource with great potential for promoting wound healing.
indeed our university curriculum should be reviewed.

6 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by theuniqueone(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2018
Thanks18:

There was an incident of wound injury. You couldn't handle it because of your deficits in your learning and exposure. And thus that was why you went back to varsity. Pls tell that to buffons. Recently, the current Health minister guffed that (physical) rehabilitation is not treatment and Yusuf Buhari was flew abroad for it. I was visibly shocked and wondered why illiteracy is plaguing our universities this era. For the sake of clarity, rehabilitation is part of the job specification of physiotherapist.
look at this article:

Review article
Show full citation
Abstract
The physiotherapist is a highly respected member of the wound-care team in the USA. While assisting in all aspects of wound care, including debridement and dressing selection and application, the physiotherapist also provides a unique function. The numerous physical agents, such as electrical stimulation, ultrasound, hydrotherapy and heat all have benefits to offer the patient in contributing to healing. The background knowledge of biomechanics possessed by members of this discipline likewise enhances the services of the wound-care team. Physiotherapists recommend strategies to relieve or redistribute pressure for those confined to bed or wheelchair or for the ambulatory individual with an insensate foot. It is perceived that physiotherapists who remain uninvolved in wound care are a major untapped resource with great potential for promoting wound healing.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by theuniqueone(m): 6:04pm On May 15, 2018
Thanks18:

look at this article:

Review article
Show full citation
Abstract
P
Thanks18:

look at this article:

Review article
Show full citation
Abstract
Please are you okay. Don't let your desire to act like a doctor land you in a serious mess. Have you ever in your life handle a mass casualties emergency. Saving lives is the goal of trauma mgt and not wound care.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by danilmo: 6:09pm On May 15, 2018
Thanks18:

look at this article:

Review article
Show full citation
Abstract

young man, ure confused

2 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by danilmo: 6:15pm On May 15, 2018
JoannaSedley:
For your mind now you think the guy you quoted will understand this. He is too beclouded by the doctor aura to discern the deep words you tabled here.
Next time, write in simpler words and sentences for simpletons like him.

u that can read and comprehend better than a doctor, like it or not, he got admitted into medicine with good waec grade and a nice jamb score(high English score follow) which u can't those days,,
he was able to read his textbook, comprehend, understood them, passed and got admitted into highly competitive MBBS,,

u wey sabi for ur mind, wey u dey?? in johesu court defending supporting staff..

please pack well jawe .

no lemme insult u o..

4 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 15, 2018
danilmo:

u that can read and comprehend better than a doctor, like it or not, he got admitted into medicine with good waec grade and a nice jamb score(high English score follow) which u can't those days,,
he was able to read his textbook, comprehend, understood them, passed and got admitted into highly competitive MBBS,,

u wey sabi for ur mind, wey u dey?? in johesu court defending supporting staff..

please pack well jawe .

no lemme insult u o..
ur just too daft.. Ignorant fool

1 Like

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by alezzy13: 7:24pm On May 15, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by sogodihno: 7:35pm On May 15, 2018
Mrvalent:
Some of JOHESU'S demands are reasonable but some are far from being reasonable . You want to become consultants, then no problem.Take the UK for instance, there are consultant nurses in the UK who after 1-2 years of further studies become consultants in their fields. To say you want to earn the same salary or even close to the doctors' is far from reasonable. Just talk based on facts, check up the average salary of a consultant Physician and that of a Consultant nurse in the UK and you see that they are far apart. In fact the average salary of a junior doctor,even though lower, comes close to the average salary of a consultant nurse . Same applies to other paramedical professions. In fact such obtains in most parts of the world. Google is your very dear friend. Use it.
To think pharmacists who I venerate so much involve themselves with these people and try to chide the work of a Physician baffles me. Sometimes in life to try to prove your worth is an insult. So I won't scatter ground with examples but understand that the physician's knowledge in diseases, interpretation of lab results,diagnosis, treatment plan and management of complications can't be paralleled by any paramedic. I am not even talking about a surgeon now. To tie these things needs deep understanding of sometimes complex concepts which is not acquired by the years of study alone but majorly by the content. I know there are medical schools in Nigeria that produce half baked doctors but that is the same for most other courses including paramedical courses so do not individualize medicine in Nigeria as the only source of half baked graduates.
Sometimes (not everytime) people that blame doctors for the death of their relatives are actually the ones to blame for their nonchalant attitude towards health cos some of these patients are as good as dead. I have seen examples of paramedics even on this thread who claim to be able to manage patients only to kill these patients or to even refer to the physician after its too late. Mind you, the unsuspecting public take these people as medical doctors so all the blame goes to the medical doctors after an unfortunate eventuality. I say with experience that most doctors out there are not actually mbbs graduates. I know a ND holder that now performs appendectomy after years of watching a doctor perform it. He has killed two patients and he is still practising. The unsuspecting public will blame a doctor ''mbbs holder'' for these deaths. Such occurs only in Nigeria.
Now, I am not saying there are no quack medical doctors but so also are half baked graduates in other paramedical courses.
Also, blaming the decadence of the health sector on the leadership of the hospitals being doctors is absolutely misguided in a nation with multisystemic decline. Name a sector in Nigeria doing well in recent times. Education? Defence? God help this country !
I am a graduate of the University of Ibadan and I have written and passed my PLAB 1 exam ,hoping to write PLAB 2 and move to UK in the next two years and leave all these rubbish behind. My fellow medical doctors, I challenge you to take an International exam if you have the capability and leave this country for the wannabe physicians.
P. S .. I support some of JOHESU'S demand and I respect the paramedics. But this envy and not knowing one's place tend to tilt me to the other side.
If you need information on the PLAB process, you can contact me.

Point of correction, Pharmacist and nurses are not paramedics, pls check your dictionary

2 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 7:53pm On May 15, 2018
theuniqueone:

P
Please are you okay. Don't let your desire to act like a doctor land you in a serious mess. Have you ever in your life handle a mass casualties emergency. Saving lives is the goal of trauma mgt and not wound care.

You should answer that question if your head is correct. I doubt if you are okay too because you just display sheer ignorance. Who and who are members of trauma mgt team? The team includes but not limited to nurses, orthopedic surgeons and physiotherapist, etc. infact, I recommended a total overhauling of our dead educational system which has thrown up illiterates and pseudo-intellectuals in all walks of national life who reel out mumbo nonsense in arguing against truth. Our health and educational sector are among the worst in the globe. Bros, if you dont have reasonable thing to say. keep quiet and stop embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Jman06(m): 8:00pm On May 15, 2018
CarrilT:
Dr omojowolo olubunmi
Bsc physiotherapy ife
MBBS Lagos
FMCP neurology
Copied.
I can understand your bias doc. Your medical practice is what is putting food on your table right now, I don't expect objectivity from you on the matter. The plight of physiotherapists will be none of your concern right now.

If I may ask you doc, is medicine studied and practised only here in Nigeria How do medical doctors in the developed world manage to suppress their ego and relate well with other professionals in healthcare despite spending so many years in the university as well Those Canadian doctors that recently protested in favour of increased pay of other healthcare professionals, do they obtain their own medical qualifications from mars??

How do you justify starting a fresh graduate of MBBS in the civil service on grade level 12 while his counterparts who are pharmacists, physiotherapists or optometrists on level 9?? Take time and calculate the difference in terms of salary.

See, you people should stop all these your arguments of writing tough exams and studying hard. We all study hard and write tough exams too! Perhaps you don't know what students of pharmacy go through! They take both practicals and theory courses from the six departments that make up pharmacy, they write tough practical and theory exams every semester for 6 solid years! In some exams, you are required to synthesize a drug, formulate it and package it into a product within a few hours! They also juggle Between clinical rotations and their nonclinical classes. Many fail and get withdrawn along the line.

Talking about respect, nobody gets respected for merely studying a particular course. You are respected based on how you are able to utilize your knowledge to impact your society positively.
Besides, respect is reciprocal. You don't expect other healthcare professionals to respect you when you don't respect them.

If the Nigerian medical doctors want to be respected by other healthcare professionals, they should learn to respect others and their professions. They shouldn't try to open pharmacies and not employ a superintendent pharmacist until PCN comes to close down such pharmacies, they should employ qualified nurses and not train quacks as 'auxiliary nurses', they should respect the medical lab scientists by not employing lab technologists in place of medical lab scientists. The list is endless!
They not only disrespect the professionals by employing quacks, they also endanger patient's lives. Many have died as a result of this malpractice by Nigerian doctors.

Right from pharmacy school, pharmacists are trained on how to respect other healthcare professionals when working in a team. They take special courses in clinical pharmacy that prepares them to work in a team. Unfortunately, our medical doctor friends obviously do not receive such trainings, hence their mindless disrespect of healthcare professionals.

So, if the Nigerian medical doctors are ready for peace to reign in the healthcare sector, they should learn to accord respect to other healthcare professionals. Simple!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by JoannaSedley(f): 9:45pm On May 15, 2018
danilmo:

[b]
u that can read and comprehend better than a doctor, like it or not, he got admitted into medicine with good waec grade and a nice jamb score(high English score follow) which u can't those day[/b]s,,

please pack well jawe .

no lemme insult u o..
oh come on. Enough of this stale lines already. Cramming galore. Spare me the bullsh!ts, please.
Meanwhile, I entered with 90 grin cheesy. Funny.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 10:07pm On May 15, 2018
Jman06:
I can understand your bias doc. Your medical practice is what is putting food on your table right now, I don't expect objectivity from you on the matter. The plight of physiotherapists will be none of your concern right now.

If I may ask you doc, is medicine studied and practised only here in Nigeria How do medical doctors in the developed world manage to suppress their ego and relate well with other professionals in healthcare despite spending so many years in the university as well Those Canadian doctors that recently protested in favour of increased pay of other healthcare professionals, do they obtain their own medical qualifications from mars??

How do you justify starting a fresh graduate of MBBS in the civil service on grade level 12 while his counterparts who are pharmacists, physiotherapists or optometrists on level 9?? Take time and calculate the difference in terms of salary.

See, you people should stop all these your arguments of writing tough exams and studying hard. We all study hard and write tough exams too! Perhaps you don't know what students of pharmacy go through! They take both practicals and theory courses from the six departments that make up pharmacy, they write tough practical and theory exams every semester for 6 solid years! In some exams, you are required to synthesize a drug, formulate it and package it into a product within a few hours! They also juggle Between clinical rotations and their nonclinical classes. Many fail and get withdrawn along the line.

Talking about respect, nobody gets respected for merely studying a particular course. You are respected based on how you are able to utilize your knowledge to impact your society positively.
Besides, respect is reciprocal. You don't expect other healthcare professionals to respect you when you don't respect them.

If the Nigerian medical doctors want to be respected by other healthcare professionals, they should learn to respect others and their professions. They shouldn't try to open pharmacies and not employ a superintendent pharmacist until PCN comes to close down such pharmacies, they should employ qualified nurses and not train quacks as 'auxiliary nurses', they should respect the medical lab scientists by not employing lab technologists in place of medical lab scientists. The list is endless!
They not only disrespect the professionals by employing quacks, they also endanger patient's lives. Many have died as a result of this malpractice by Nigerian doctors.

Right from pharmacy school, pharmacists are trained on how to respect other healthcare professionals when working in a team. They take special courses in clinical pharmacy that prepares them to work in a team. Unfortunately, our medical doctor friends obviously do not receive such trainings, hence their mindless disrespect of healthcare professionals.

So, if the Nigerian medical doctors are ready for peace to reign in the healthcare sector, they should learn to accord respect to other healthcare professionals. Simple!

Bros, you have made a valid point but I am afraid that you run the risk of being misunderstood by e-charlatans whose judgement are beclouded with petty sentiments, egotism and arrogance. The era where all other professions in Nigeria are relegated to the background must stop. let there be harmony and respect among the team.

5 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by danilmo: 3:08am On May 16, 2018
JoannaSedley:
oh come on. Enough of this stale lines already. Cramming galore. Spare me the bullsh!ts, please.
Meanwhile, I entered with 90 grin cheesy. Funny.

it stale but tell me how far it is from the truth...

cramming galore!, tell that to those jambite and sec student writing waec to cram their textbook if they wana enter MBBS just like we medics have been doing..

u hear

mtcheew I guess u don't know the meaning of cramming neither do u know the mechanism behind memory and intelligent.

He
Crammed to pass waec
Crammed to pass jamb with high score
Crammed to pass post ume with high score..
He now crammed to know medicine and graduate as a doctor.

at least u should have done that, it would have saved u from the johesu mess u find urself today..

don't be surprise I couldn't wait for him to reply u,

stay off my mention if u don't want me to insult u,
ur reply to that doc just pissed me off like Who the Bleep is this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by sartorius(m): 6:02am On May 16, 2018
Johesu Lagos State workers gave resumed back.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by JoannaSedley(f): 7:58am On May 16, 2018
danilmo:

cramming galore!, tell that to those jambite and sec student writing waec to cram their textbook if they wana enter MBBS just like we medics have been doing..

u hear

mtcheew I guess u don't know the meaning of cramming neither do u know the mechanism behind memory and intelligent.

He
Crammed to pass waec

at least u should have done that, it would have saved u from the johesu mess u find urself today..

Y
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by JoannaSedley(f): 8:00am On May 16, 2018
danilmo:

u hear

He
Crammed to pass waec

You don buy market. Mr crammer.
See your ilk here. Lmao grin Trying to retrieve the crammed knowledge left them like this. Like vampires.. grin

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Topshow2010(m): 8:01am On May 16, 2018
TRUE DEFINITION OF WITCHCRAFTY.
(Copied)

An employee of government, Mr. A, who was employed at a certain level and receives N200,000 as basic salary engaged government for an upward review of his pay, and let's say 50% upward review was granted, month end he now goes home with N300,000. Another employee of government Mr. B, who was employed on a certain level by same government, in the same institution goes home with N100,000. After a while, under same economic condition, went to bargain for an upward review of his salary, say by same 50%. Let's say if that is granted he should be going home by month end with just N150,000. Now, interestingly Mr. A, a fellow employee of government is kicking against this, misinforming government and the masses and frustrating the just demand of Mr. B, while he continues to swallow his 300k every month end, but has sworn never to be alive and see the paltry 50k extra added to the fellow man he calls his "team mate" in the hospital. My people is this not professional witchcrafty? angry

8 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by JoannaSedley(f): 8:08am On May 16, 2018
Topshow2010:
TRUE DEFINITION OF WITCHCRAFTY.
(Copied)

An employee of government, Mr. A, who was employed at a certain level and receives N200,000 as basic salary engaged government for an upward review of his pay, and let's say 50% upward review was granted, month end he now goes home with N300,000. Another employee of government Mr. B, who was employed on a certain level by same government, in the same institution goes home with N100,000. After a while, under same economic condition, went to bargain for an upward review of his salary, say by same 50%. Let's say if that is granted he should be going home by month end with just N150,000. Now, interestingly Mr. A, a fellow employee of government is kicking against this, misinforming government and the masses and frustrating the just demand of Mr. B, while he continues to swallow his 300k every month end, but has sworn never to be alive and see the paltry 50k extra added to the fellow man he calls his "team mate" in the hospital. My people is this not professional witchcrafty? angry
Even with their presumed 500% IQ and high jamb scores of 500, they still have a thing for the most backwater form of witchcrafts and wizardry known to man.
Man injustice to fellow man.
They are coming for you with their presumed high jamb score, IQ and cramming abilities that made them the best dokitas in the whole wide world..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Rachelle1: 12:15am On May 17, 2018
dokiOloye:
If you aren't a health worker,then don't delve into what you don't know.
If you are a lawyer in a law firm with many secretaries and paralegals, if they start paying the latter group d same or almost d same salary with d lawyers, do you think there will be harmony in that law firm?
Will d secretaries obey and work harmoniously under some1 they earn d same wages with?
Is it fair to pay ppl whose qualification are far apart d same or nearly same wages?
Many doctors work for 30+ years and retire,they do not attain d title of consultant b/c they don't have d time and strength for the stress of postgraduate training, but d Nigerian nurse wants to sit behind her nursing station and answer consultant wt no further studies or training as if it is a chieftaincy title?
The pharmacist in all the hospitals have reduced themselves to mere dispensers, not a single clinical input to improve the health of the patient but they want to answer consultant and earn d same with doctors.
If you award a nurse d title of consultant,what clinical input will they make on d patient,bearing in mind that even medical consultants refer patients to other consultants for expert management?
It is b/c of ppl like you that they have d liver to make all these spurious demands.

It's true that the healthcare system is skewed in Nigeria and doctors head most positions, but tell me, how many nurses/scientists and other Johesuu members who have worked for many years can boast of a CV that is anywhere close to that of a young doctor? Only Pharmacists and Physiotherapists are known to study more to advanced levels of their profession these days. You hardly find nurses with masters degrees not to talk of PhD. How then do they compare themselves with registered nurses in other countries? I can never forget the day a matron was teaching my group about the GCS. I kept struggling hard not to laugh throughout the class because she was teaching incoherent nonsense. And she is one of the top matrons in a surgical unit in a teaching hospital!
A doctor is the head of the healthcare delivery team anywhere in the world and he knows everything in his area of specialisation. He has to know the drugs, doses, adverse effects, nursing positions, lab results, and everything else about the patient's care. He is most responsible for anything that goes wrong and that is why many of you blame doctors for mistakes without blaming the nurses they worked with when making those mistakes. Why don't you ask where the perioperative nurse was when a surgeon forgot a pair of scissors in a patient? Wasnt the nurse supposed to account for all equipment and materials used after and document it??
So please stop all the campaign against doctors and face reality. Everyone is important but doctors are the bosses in a healthcare delivery team so just like a nurse would fight against being paid the same as a porter, doctors should stand against anyone else in the team being paid the same as them!

3 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by theuniqueone(m): 5:57am On May 17, 2018
Thanks18:

You should answer that question if your head is correct. I doubt if you are okay too because you just display sheer ignorance. Who and who are members of trauma mgt team? The team includes but not limited to nurses, orthopedic surgeons and physiotherapist, etc. infact, I recommended a total overhauling of our dead educational system which has thrown up illiterates and pseudo-intellectuals in all walks of national life who reel out mumbo nonsense in arguing against truth. Our health and educational sector are among the worst in the globe. Bros, if you dont have reasonable thing to say. keep quiet and stop embarrassing yourself.
I don't want to glorify your uncouth rantings. I will only wait for you to join us in the trauma emergency unit after your rantings online. An Educated fool who feels that he could massage his over bloated inferiority complex by calling his Superior an illiterate hiding under so called international best practices. Fool come and commence physiotherapy on a poly traumatised patient, unconscious with femoral fracture. A physiotherapist advising a doctor on wound care when plastic surgeons have not gone extinct. Johesu version of health care is the 8th Wonder of the world

3 Likes

Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Thanks18(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2018
theuniqueone:

I don't want to glorify your uncouth rantings. I will only wait for you to join us in the trauma emergency unit after your rantings online. An Educated fool who feels that he could massage his over bloated inferiority complex by calling his Superior an illiterate hiding under so called international best practices. Fool come and commence physiotherapy on a poly traumatised patient, unconscious with femoral fracture. A physiotherapist advising a doctor on wound care when plastic surgeons have not gone extinct. Johesu version of health care is the 8th Wonder of the world

Anyway, Mr silence is the best answer to a fool. You are mentally Ill, Just go for a psych exam maybe your delusion will be managed.
Re: NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU by Devlinn: 7:13am On May 17, 2018
You guys want to destroy the health sector? At least leave something for our children to aspire to attain. Let them know diligence is rewarded. That one couldn't become a Doctor does not mean one cannot have a child who would. And when our children find that there is no reward for effort,that only strife can get you to places, we will become like many countries where doctors are imported because their kids don't want to be doctors. cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Highlights Of Sanwo-olu's Press Briefing On COVID-19 This Evening / What Exactly Are Doctors Still Doing In Nigeria? / Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.