Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest (9019 Views)

I’m Not A Military President, No One Will Be Jailed Unless Guilty – Buhari / Jonathan The Worst Ever President In The World. / REALITY: Until An Ijebu Man Becomes Nigeria President, No... - AWO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2010
Obj is as bad as Nigeria itself, but so far he understands Nigeria best enough to know that some level of dictatorship and strong arm tactics are needed to govern this nation called Nigeria.

Strong arm tactics like wiping out the village of Odi and Zaki Biam? You believe wiping out a village is what is needed to govern a country?

He's been able to cage the military and IBB. And for you to understand OBJ, check the style of his mentor also, the former leader of Singapore (who brought transformation to that country) and still remains the kingmaker till date.

Can we also say perpetually sick yarAdua and Jonathan too has been able to cage the military.

Which IBB? OBJ had 8 yrs to prosecute IBB he did nothing rather he was asking anyone that had proof to bring it out despite the panel report.

Wasnt IBB one of those who installed him?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by babaowo: 1:40am On May 26, 2010
nigerian has never had good president
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by naijaking1: 1:50am On May 26, 2010
OBJ remains the best Nigeria ever had.
---didn't say he was perfect cool
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 2:26am On May 26, 2010
OBJ remains the best Nigeria ever had.
---didn't say he was perfect

A person who carried out genocide on his own populace is the best we have had?

So only a perfect president wont commit genocide?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by naijaking1: 3:13am On May 26, 2010
dayokanu:

A person who carried out genocide on his own populace is the best we have had?

So only a perfect president wont commit genocide?

If you don't agree, please name your choice.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2010
this is a useless topic.
imagine how it starts; obj is bad yes, but.
how can a bad president be the best.
point to those things that made him the best.
in fact ibb built the third mainland bridge which is the longest bridge in west africa so he is the best president nigeria has seen.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 9:32am On May 26, 2010
OBJ is worst president (or equal to IBB).

Buhari is the best president in the last 35 years although he was only allowed less than 2years his achievements in tackling corruption alone, was very great and gives him the title of the best president in the last 40 years.

I am not old enough to comment on Gowon's or earlier presidents, but since Gowon, Buhari stands heads and shoulders above the rest in his 20months of Glorious leadership.

naijaking1:

If you don't agree, please name your choice.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by faithin9ja: 11:37am On May 26, 2010
@GenBuhari Nigeria deserves democratically elected leaders no matter how bad, because at some point the people's will, will prevail. Buhari & Idiagbon had no business overthrowing Shagari, no matter how bad we the Shagari government was. I was one of those supporting Buhari at the time. Buhari & Idiagbon are just thugs (like most military people).

Buhari's ills? Kangaroo courts jailing people for 20 odd years, beating civilians in the street in the name of discipline, killing the industrial sector, jailing Fela on trumped up charges, killing Ogendegbe by firing squad in Sapele with a retro active law (the worst case of injustice ever) - How can I arrest you today Wednesday 26th May 2010 and tell you broke a law that did not exist a year ago then find you guilty and shoot you in your home town. No disrespect, but ask your elders what it was like to queue to buy Omo, toilet roll, salt, etc - the phrase 'essential commodity -essenco was invented then', The amount of corruption and fraud committed by the Buhari regime was terrible it killed companies like UAC, UTC whilst giving FX to Alhaji's to sell at inflated rates to the real companies that needed the FX.

Buhari, Idiagbo, IBB, Abacha, Adulsalma, Muritala, Gowon, Ironsi even OBJ have no business being in politics and ruling us. The person you pay a salary to guard (military)your house cannot turn round one day and decide to take over your house. A bad civilian government is better than a so-called good 'military' goivernment.

Compare Pakistan & India - both got independence from Britain in 1947, every election in India used to be marred by thousands of deaths and political killings, in the 70's with different military leaders, Pakistan was considered more developed than India, but look where they are today, India has never had a coup, Pakistan from civilian to military so many times, which country is now considered an emerging 'power' in the world, even China is not ruled by military.

We do not need military to solve our problems, the military do not represent the people. If we are fed up with a government we can't teachers or nurses or doctors take power, why must it be somebody with a gun? If it must be somebody with a gun might as well be an armed robber afterall many military men are armed robbers in uniform.

So my cry to fellow Nairalanders support Civilian government at all costs, do your democratic duty and vote, in 1979 people were proud to register and vote, how many Nairalanders have actually registered to vote? including you Mr GenBuhari?
if we don't like a government then we the people, not military must take power.

to answer the question, OBJ is the least worst of a bad bunch of leaders, in our 50 year old republic
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 26, 2010
faithin9ja:

@GenBuhari Nigeria deserves democratically elected leaders no matter how bad, because at some point the people's will, will prevail. Buhari & Idiagbon had no business overthrowing Shagari, no matter how bad we the Shagari government was. I was one of those supporting Buhari at the time. Buhari & Idiagbon are just thugs (like most military people).

Buhari's ills? Kangaroo courts jailing people for 20 odd years, beating civilians in the street in the name of discipline, killing the industrial sector, jailing Fela on trumped up charges, killing Ogendegbe by firing squad in Sapele with a retro active law (the worst case of injustice ever) - How can I arrest you today Wednesday 26th May 2010 and tell you broke a law that did not exist a year ago then find you guilty and shoot you in your home town. No disrespect, but ask your elders what it was like to queue to buy Omo, toilet roll, salt, etc - the phrase 'essential commodity -essenco was invented then', The amount of corruption and fraud committed by the Buhari regime was terrible it killed companies like UAC, UTC whilst giving FX to Alhaji's to sell at inflated rates to the real companies that needed the FX.

Buhari, Idiagbo, IBB, Abacha, Adulsalma, Muritala, Gowon, Ironsi even OBJ have no business being in politics and ruling us. The person you pay a salary to guard (military)your house cannot turn round one day and decide to take over your house. A bad civilian government is better than a so-called good 'military' goivernment.

Compare Pakistan & India - both got independence from Britain in 1947, every election in India used to be marred by thousands of deaths and political killings, in the 70's with different military leaders, Pakistan was considered more developed than India, but look where they are today, India has never had a coup, Pakistan from civilian to military so many times, which country is now considered an emerging 'power' in the world, even China is not ruled by military.

We do not need military to solve our problems, the military do not represent the people. If we are fed up with a government we can't teachers or nurses or doctors take power, why must it be somebody with a gun? If it must be somebody with a gun might as well be an armed robber afterall many military men are armed robbers in uniform.

So my cry to fellow Nairalanders support Civilian government at all costs, do your democratic duty and vote, in 1979 people were proud to register and vote, how many Nairalanders have actually registered to vote? including you Mr GenBuhari?
if we don't like a government then we the people, not military must take power.

to answer the question, OBJ is the least worst of a bad bunch of leaders, in our 50 year old republic
how can you send people of 50 years above to over 200 years imprisonment.they were tried by by military tribunal.no fair hearing,they served as the prosecutor as well as defence for the offender.buhari's regime was the real opposite of democracy.people were beaten with horsewhip to comply to order.the so-called wai was carried out in the most inhuman method.No civil group group,student union,medical association could voice out or protest.they were outlawed and declared illegal.army of soldiers paraded the streets to force people to comply under duress and threats of horsewhip and guns.buhari regime was a pathetic one and he openly declared that it was not in his INTENTION TO HANDOVER POWER TO DEMOCRATS.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by paddylo1(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2010
[size=14pt]Africa Progress Report with Former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo May 26, 2010[/size]

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giu3m3yNueE&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Obasanjo. .Best Nigerian President by far. . .No contest
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Kafprofiler(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2010
U guys say Obj was bad yet he increased Nigeria's pace of development if not for him perhaps u may not be able to browse or even use ur mobile phone .Yes he did bad things ,how many of u would have done better than him if u were in his shoes @sauron n genbuhari u think it's an easy task ruling a country why don't u take up a leadership role somewhere n let me see how good u can handle ur position
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2010
Buhari's ills? Kangaroo courts jailing people for 20 odd years, beating civilians in the street in the name of discipline, killing the industrial sector, jailing Fela on trumped up charges,

Didnt you hear about unknown soildiers saga that not only Jailed Fela but killed his mother by throwing her from the 3rd floor

killing Ogendegbe by firing squad in Sapele with a retro active law (the worst case of injustice ever)

I heard OBJ was the one who passed a decree to kill coup plotters and that was how Bissala was killed. Or can you tell us about the Bissalla saga?

- How can I arrest you today Wednesday 26th May 2010 and tell you broke a law that did not exist a year ago then find you guilty and shoot you in your home town. No disrespect, but ask your elders what it was like to queue to buy Omo, toilet roll, salt, etc - the phrase 'essential commodity -essenco was invented then',

How can I tell an elected governor to go and settle Chris Uba? How can I annoint Adedibu as the god father of SW politics despite the killings

The amount of corruption and fraud committed by the Buhari regime was terrible it killed companies like UAC, UTC whilst giving FX to Alhaji's to sell at inflated rates to the real companies that needed the FX.

Did you hear about the 2.8billion oil money that was missing during OBJ's tenure. I didnt know about it until I heard Felas song
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by faithin9ja: 4:09pm On May 26, 2010
DayoKanu nobody is saying OBJ is good, rather from bunch pathetic leaders, he was the least worst option, would I vote him? NO!!!!
but I pity anybody who thinks any of our past leaders is any better than OBJ, they are all as bad as each other BUT is terms of development in Nigeria what [b]little developmen[/b]t Nigeria has today, majority has been done in OBJ term either term 1 or term 2.

Nigerians and Nairalanders don't be fooled by any ex-leader, Buhari, IBB none these people deserve your vote. Giving people handouts, does not constitute a good leader.
Nigeria needs a leader that will create peace, stability and this is easily done by creating jobs and good infrastructure.

If you have a good job and decent infrastructure yiu win't care where your President comes from.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nostradamu(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2010
@Starngely, u kno wen we talk or debate ova issues we oughta kno tht the best way to argue intellectually is to argue OBJECTIVELY and intellectually like matured adults -i believe we all are- and u just epitomized that with ur thread on this OBJ issue and i cud'nt (along wiv so many Nigerians that kno their onions) agree wiv u more, NICE ONE BRO OR SIS as the case my be ! wink
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sammiejokes(m): 5:06pm On May 26, 2010
why do we  nigerians like blaming ex-leaders 4 all our problems.what was the standard of living before OBJ era,he brought hope to common man,i believe present and future president should build on good side of his reforms.OBJ has a charisma i admire
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Meldrick(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2010
Maxidoe:

But sent the millitary to zaki biam and Odi, did they just go there on their own accord? and even after their atrocities was exposed were they meant to pay for such atrocities by the person who ordered them their in the first place? innocent women and children were killed, young gals we despoiled, and you guys still think the guy who ordered that killing and when he was interviewed on why such babarism was metted out to a hapless locality, all the gorila said was "If human beings have decided to behave like animals treat them as one"is your best president ever, haba

This boy sits on his brain. Where on earth did you come from?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by savito: 10:31pm On May 26, 2010
wink
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by ODIBABA1: 5:32am On May 27, 2010
Useless topic!!! Ota gorilla, head of nest of killers your best president? I wonder why you're still alive.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by ayo84(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2010
all ye obasanjo haters, who is better than obasanjo, who is it yaradua,ibb, who??, as the first poster yarn , he bad,but him try compared to others.

obasanjo's government left behind over 50 billion for external reserve,now the money don finish,
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by lelele: 1:38pm On May 27, 2010
@post
Obj was a very bad politician, bt as a president he is still naija's best. He truly understood the need for capital structure in d country. Bt as a politician, na yeye man. He was vindictive, bad tempered and childish.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2010
why do we nigerians like blaming ex-leaders 4 all our problems.what was the standard of living before OBJ era,he brought hope to common man,i believe present and future president should build on good side of his reforms.OBJ has a charisma i admire

@Sammiejokes,
if na obasanjo give u hope, it means u are still hopeless.
1999 till date, tell me how much a 3 bed room flat has increased to? what do u understand by standard of living and in which aspect of ur life u have improved?
if u are well informed, u will not mention standard of living in any obj related topic(s). what is the standard of living of a ppl who cannot sleep at night because of generator noisesssssssssssssssssssssssss?
nigerians are yet to talk about standard of living as the only possible discussion here in nigeria is cost of living and suffering and smilling.
if u are a village based okuko, take a trip to cotonou and then discuss standard of living from there.
look at the picture of ur best president - pls this picture is for ppl above 18 only.
this particular picture has won many awards.

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by redsun(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2010
Right now i am listening to ITT(International Thief Thief)by Abami,talking about the atrocities of obasanjo,abiola,yaradua and co in nigeria.

Fela is an egba but the spirit of truth in him could let him take side with the wicked.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 6:13pm On May 27, 2010
the more i look at this pic, the more angry i become. how can some animals say such a corruption ridden amn is the best president in nigeria.
i wish that ur person follow for the dead ones in odi.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by redsun(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2010
Nigeria is a big blind country(BBC),i will play god in a place like that.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by edoyad(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2010
@chidicris Name one hausa man that has done 1/4 of what OBj did for Nigeria ? Both living and dead.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by princekevo(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2010
edoyad:

@chidicris Name one hausa man that has done 1/4 of what OBj did for Nigeria ? Both living and dead.
Please are we blinded with sentiments or we have lost sense of Judgement in that country. Name one Northern man either dead or alive that ruled Nigeria for 2 consecutive uninterrupted republics. Am surprised that we are here comparing 8years of IBB as a military to 8years of OBJ in a democratic government. If we are to use a military governement as a comparism why do we then agitate and spend so much in maintaining the so called Democracy? Tell me any country in the world the military government achieved anything good. We are talking about someone that ruled a nation for an uninterrupted 8years under democracy, yet none of the basic human economic needs were met for 8years. A child of eight years man is no more a kid at least should be in primary 2.

Are we Nigerians blinded or what? After 8 good years all we could get was all the excuses seen on the video above why no single basic economic needs were not met. OBJ was the first and only man who ruled this country under 2 uninterrupted republics since 1960, yet he could not fix one single basic need we have suffered from, since independence. After 8years of his democratic government, there is still no steady power supply, no water supply, no good Hospitals, even he himself still goes abroad for medical treatments. All of you sitting there in UK, US praising OBJ for his best, why don't you come down to Nigeria or send your kids back home to study in that best educational system he put in place during his 8years in tenure?

I have been in this country for almost 4years i know where they were in the past 4 years and i know their achievement within jst 4 years. You will never believe what a small country that got no single natural resources has achieved in jst 4years. The changes are there to speak for themselves not to come to NL to campaign for them.
If we dont open our eyes, we will forever remain blinded in darkness, because it cost nothing to see the light(truth).
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by oderemo(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2010
o.b.j best president eh. i pray when you come to mother earth you will realise that , as a pres. 4 eight yrs. that oaf of a man achieved nada other than cruising round the world and thats remind me , wasnt he in charge of electricty ?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 9:40pm On May 27, 2010

@edoyad,
it is either ur age or lack of information is responsible for such a comparism.
if u were born when shagari was the president of nigeria, u will know that N100 will make u be more influential than a millionaire of today here in nigeria.
if u were born when shagari was president, u will know nobody went to church to give testimony that after 10 yrs of waiting, he has finally been given visa to the uk.
from 1999 till date, if nigeria has data base or record of number of our youths outside this country, u will know how far we are into hardship.
have been able to visit any of all these neighbouring countries like benin republic, togo, ghana, ivory coast and senegal? if u have been there, u will feel my bitterness on how our youths are wasting in countries that are supposed to be doing odd jobs for us here.
i will like to remind u today that obj is the only human being that has ruled nigeria as a military man as well as civilian president(8 yrs or 2 terms)
if u say no one has done what obj did, yes, i agree because obj is the only nigerian president that deleted two communities even when there is no war? yes, it was only obj that saw an active attorney general of the federation killed like a fly without trace. u are right because it was only under obj that a whole ship disappeared till date without trace. ok, under obj $16b was invested into power supply and the situation in ur area is the outcome. only under obj that N300b roads contracts were awarded to one man who used it judiciously and later became the NPA chairman by merits.
which other president allowed or announced a do or die election in nigeria? only obj.
obj/iwu combination was the illussion of all elections in the world as was recorded in 2007.
even if u are 10 years old, google and other search engines are there for u to make researches before u talk in a public forum like this.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 27, 2010
[size=22pt]Buhari is best by far!!!!!!
Obj and IBB are equal worst ever!!! -both are stooges of western countries.[/color]
OBJ ruled for 8 unterrupted years and the only development was in his bank accounts and farms.
[color=#000099]shame on you paid praise singers!! He mortgaged you children's future you MUMUs!!!!
[color=#000099][/color]Now I can see Obj has a lot of his pay-rolled propagandist on these forums, and many are making multiple post using different screen names you can tell  some screen names have only registered a few posts  [/size]
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by rethink: 11:29pm On May 27, 2010
The best President but not a Good politician
1) Paid our debt
2) Gsm
3) Fight on Curruption Governors senators going to Jail. Nigeria restituting 200 million dollars back to brazil
4) Banking sector
5) Army more proffessional
6) Tax collection very effective.
7) Simultaneously spending money on GENERATION, TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION. Now that is massive and risky but he did it.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On May 27, 2010
^^ Does the genocide in odi and Zaki Biam count?

Does the assasination of public figures count

Does the lawlessly by Adedibu, Chris Uba and co count?

Does conducting the worst election in history count?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by edoyad(m): 12:00am On May 28, 2010
Yes they all count Mr Kanu; but like one wise man said, "YES HE'S A BAD MAN", but guess what ? In spite of all those things he's still the best we've ever had cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / This Is Not A 5 Star Hotel In Lekki. It Is A 400 Room Mansion Owned By A Nigeria / Demonstrate Capacity To Earn Rail Contracts — Amaechi Tells Local Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.