Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest (9017 Views)

I’m Not A Military President, No One Will Be Jailed Unless Guilty – Buhari / Jonathan The Worst Ever President In The World. / REALITY: Until An Ijebu Man Becomes Nigeria President, No... - AWO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by truly: 8:54pm On May 24, 2010
NSNA:

There is no question about that, the International community respects him
Exactly the reason why he is NOT PATRIOTIC
which country gives away its land for free?
he gave away Bakassi and the international community loves that act of foolishness
what is Britain looking for thousands of miles away in the Falklands?
And America in the Pacific?
Do you think the internatiopnal community love US and UK less

Your countrymen, not international community, should respect you
How much does international community contribute to our GDP?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 24, 2010
~Sauron~:

International community respects any democratic president.
If IBB, Abacha and Buhari had ruled as democratic presidents, they will earn the respect of the world powers.

OBJ is a useless, pest-natured SOB.
The worst Nigeria ever had - It's a shame some Nigerians have had wool pulled over their eyes.
you just refuse to learn possibly because of your resentment towards obj.I can understand how you feel.I doubt if the trio you mentioned would make any difference as democratically-elected presidents.go and do your research by comparing the military administration of obasanjo,IBB,Abacha and Buhari.come back and tell me what you've learn about the ills of their administration.i'll be waiting,please.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by reindeer: 9:12pm On May 24, 2010
in the city of the blind. . . . . .
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by osifred(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2010
i have and will continue to hold unless proved otherwise that OBJ is d best 9ja president ever.
due to time constrain and dat i dont wanna write lenghthy story i will limit it to being democratic

a good leader is judge by his democratic tenet,OBJ assumed military head of state at a time when doze in the army were crazy abt power he became d first of his kind to relinguish power to a civilian president. shehu shagari causing an interruption of about 13yrs of military rule.

he was jailed by Abacha because abacha fear he was among pple ploting a coup to remove him, d enemy of my enemy is my friend . meaning if OBJ was trying to unsettle Nigerian no one enemy then he is a friend of 9jarian.

to demostrate how democratic his man is during d 3rd term saga he stil had d interest of NIgerian at heart unlike other african leader dat would prefer to fight to d finish by using milatancy to remain in power.when he sense d pple didnt want he gave up to their reqest inorder to ensure dat nigeria remain in peace.

again in 2007 he came d 1st,2nd and only nigerian president to hand over power from one civilian government to another.

to further strength dis he influence d emergence of yaradua at a time wen it was obvious dat corrupt politician like odili,atiku,ibb, buhari would have emerge president. yaradua like we know is d best president nigerian never witness.

despite dis weakness i refer to him as the father of modern day nigeria democracy
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by makajibbz(m): 9:23pm On May 24, 2010
all our president are''WORST'' the question is who's ''WORSE'' and ''BAD''
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by truly: 9:33pm On May 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you seem to prefer an angel you dont to a devil you know.your credence to the govt of murtala,buhari,ironsi and abdul salam in your own thinking is that these people would have been better if they had stayed longer as head of states.what gave you that assertion.for your information,ibb was accepted by most nigerians in the first few days of taking over than any of his fellow colleagues;promising to handover and set up a democratic govt.what later happened,he changed and became a terror in power.the achievements that is being publicised as his accomplishment came as a cushion effect of the structural Adjustment programme and they all died off before he left office.
buhari was no better,he was a ruthless leader who didnt  believe in democracy talkless of handing over to one.civil groups,student unions,Nigeria medical association were proscribed during his regime.there was no freedom of speech nor criticism of his government at that time.
abdul salam handed over because of US pressure on him and he was not seeking to stay in office.
murtala was better.he ran a welfarist govt and that is all even though people didnt appreciate nor accept him when he was in power.
the bottomline is that they all got power through the barrel but despite that obj was outstanding among them.obasanjo's choice of privatizing nitel borne out from his numerous reforms and i can tell you that nigeria became a better place where you can see the middle-class level in 1999.thanks to obj for opening everything!!!.you can ask civil servants and the police for more clarification
Democracy is not a RELIGION?
You think all the chinese are unhappy?
A lot of them are unhappy with their political system but take great pride in their prosperity and greatness of their country
Do we have true democracy in Nigeria?
Does your vote count?
Are your views taken into consideration in the amending the constitution or passing laws

Let me give you an example - I am a Nigerian. Yet  I have the email add of ALL US senators
It is available on the internet
Do you know your senator's phone no, or email add
Will he listen to you or if you contact him?
When will your legislators listen to you and pass the FOI bill?

Incidentally, it was OBj who scuttled the FOI bill after the legislators passed it
He delayed returning it till it was too late for them to do anything about it (their term had expired)

What did obj do to NLC under oshiomole
He would have proscribed it if he was a military ruler?
He eventually arm-twisted the national assembly to emasculate it!
he now asked Nigerians to appeal to the NASS to pass some important reform bills
Why did he not arm twist them to pass those bills

Have you heard of Ita Oko? - the first concentration camp in Nigeria - that was the brainchild of Obasanjo
Do you remember that Obj was enginnering impeachments in the dead of the night (as a civilian president)?
At the Niger Delata conference he hosted, he threatened to WALK OUT A GOVERNOR
Imagine if he were a military ruler

When he went to the cantonment after the bomb blast and people complained, he said he did not need to be there
Would a kind president say that? (Is that not ruthless?)
Did you think he would have said that in Darfur?

Obasanjo approved of garrison politics, supported Adedibu and pioneered do-or-die politics
All of these a civilian

People keep saying Buhari was ruthless
I have no problem with somebody who is ruthless with criminals
Are criminals some loving and caring group?
Singapore (we admire it) shoots drug pushers till today
we honour crimanls in Nigeria

Corruption is our No 1 problem - that is the foundation of our insincerity
A sincere Nigerian leader is daily provided quality opinion and advice free of charge (we are talkatives) that he only need to execute
Look at them NEEDS, SEEDS, vision 2010, MDG, Vision 20 2020
A sincere and incorrupt leader would have made something of them

Would you like these people to be cuddled or dealt with ruthlessly
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=174029  (N15.1bn Jumbo Pay Tears House Apart)

How many probes have been announced in Nigeria?
How many have resulted into stiff jaill terms that will frighten future offenders?
Why do you think Nigerians clamour for the "rawlings treatment"?

Nigeria is also easy to rule
Just make Mounrinho or Ferguson national coach and let eagles get to quarter final, that president is made
Let him give us electricity, we forget the cost
Let him give us the most expensive telephone service, we adore him

BTW do you remember Pentascope? closure of our border following attack on Iyabo? The appeal to Dikibo's widow to leave the matter of his assasination for God? When the judge handling Ige's murder trial resigned because he was facing pressure from unexpected quarter and Obj govt did nothing?  

One can go on!
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 24, 2010
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by ime2010: 9:59pm On May 24, 2010
Its good that there are still some Nigerians that can reason well,

Obj had some shortcoming, but he did better than lots of others to the best of my knowledge, He was goal oriented (though he made some money for himself while working to achieve the goals), He may have committed lots of atrocity, but as a President, you can apply certain principle to get your goals (some may get hurt in the process), Its not possible for everyone to like Obj (even when you are not a figurehead, everyone in your environment can't like you), but it does not change the fact that his reforms/ policies impacted much in our economy,

For all critics, check economic indicators during Obj regime, and compare it to others, You can post your finding,

To the best of my knowledge, with the level of education he had, he remains the best.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Checkout this link and learn every evil about ibrahim badamosi babangida

which generation are you from? the youths are solidly behind IBB. we need the "chop make i chop" government now.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2010
Obj had some shortcoming, but he did better than lots of others to the best of my knowledge, He was goal oriented (though he made some money for himself while working to achieve the goals), He may have committed lots of atrocity, but as a President, you can apply certain principle to get your goals (some may get hurt in the process), Its not possible for everyone to like Obj (even when you are not a figurehead, everyone in your environment can't like you), but it does not change the fact that his reforms/ policies impacted much in our economy,

For all critics, check economic indicators during Obj regime, and compare it to others, You can post your finding

Some shortcomings? You mean wiping out 2 communities are"Some shortcomings? or the political killings under his regime, or the political gangsterism of Adedibu and Chris Uba in Anabra

Wiping out of 2 communities Odi and Zaki Biam.

Political killings- Can you count the number of such? Bola Ige, Harry Marshall, Dikibo, Funsho Williams and non of the killers was apprehended.

Shariah implementation and subsequent riots

The worst elections in the history of humanity

Using $16b to buy darkness.

Can you tell me the number of times pump prices was increased under OBJ and compare it to the sickly YarAdua.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 24, 2010
babaearly:

which generation are you from? the youths are solidly behind IBB. we need the "chop make i chop" government now.
i feel you, lol
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by emekagh(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2010
Obj in ten simple highlight

1. He came to power through one of the worst election ever in Nigeria
2. Then he organized and supervised the worst election election ever in Nigeria, making us an sore in the eyes of international community
3. He defrauded us using his power in NNPC as President and Petroleum Minister at the same time.
4. He grabbed choice thousands of hectares of lands all over the country as farms
5. He stole from us to build a school and a library, and to buy Transcorps shares.
6. He robbed us blind (some say $16 Billion!) in the name of NIPP (another of his phantom projects). Power stations are built within 4 years, yet in eights years of his misrule, there is nothing to show for it (as a matter of fact power supply dropped drastically). He commissioned multiple phantom projects. Power stations, and second Niger bridge are examples
7. He enthroned corruption like never before, using the EFCC only as a masquerade of his phantom fight against corruption
8. He tried endlessly to create chaos and state of emergency in Anambra (in the Ngige, and Uba saga), in his attempt to remove a sitting governor
9. Then he foolishly thought he deserved a third term after his vision-less rule.
10. When Nigeria rejected him, he committed one of his greatest atrocity, which incidentally led to the death of a good man, - he foisted a sick man (Yar Adua) as his last act of wickedness on a great and dynamic country (instead of advising the man to go and take care of his health).

In a good society, Obj is suppose to rot in jail. But here sick minded praise singers are worshiping him like their god. He is as evil as they come. The few years of Yar Adua presidency and the few months or Jonathan presidency are much better that all the donkey years of the hypocrite Obj. The thieving IBB, and the fundamentalist Buhari are much better president than the thief and hypocrite call Obj.

In a theoretical two party system with Obj and IBB as the only candidate, I will willing cast my vote for IBB (the thief) rather than Obj (the bigger thief, and shameless, two-faced, lying old man). Obj is the worst [b]thing [/b]that ever happened to Nigeria in contemporary era. God will punish him and his cronies!

My two kobo!
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2010
^^ Well said, Supported 100%
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 24, 2010
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by truly: 10:47pm On May 24, 2010
ime2010:

Obj had some shortcoming, but he did better than lots of others to the best of my knowledge,  He was goal oriented (though he made some money for himself while working to achieve the goals),  He may have committed lots of atrocity, but as a President, you can apply certain principle to get your goals (some may get hurt in the process),  Its not possible for everyone to like Obj (even when you are not a figurehead, everyone in your environment can't like you), but it does not change the fact that his reforms/ policies impacted much in our economy,

For all critics, check economic indicators during Obj regime, and compare it to others,  You can post your finding,

To the best of my knowledge, with the level of education he had, he remains the best.
Since you have invited us to reason, then we should look at human development
UN publishes the human development report, not economic indicators report
So what was cruide oil price and revenue when Obj became president?
How much was the oil revenue when he left

Put differently, in the NEEDS doc, we were told that Nig made $300b from crude oil btw 1970 and 200
That is $10b per annum on the average
On the average btwn 1999 and 2007, Obasanjo made more than this
In addition, he cashed in on the savings of his predecessors
That is the implication of privarisation

You sell what past lleaders saved (when they invested in real assets - eg AP)
and put the proceeds in your account and flaunt it as foreign reserves

Finally, since income inequality (as measured by gini coefficient) is high
we know the economic indicators even if they are good did not impact human development indicators noticeably
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 24, 2010
emeka_gh:

Obj in ten simple highlight

1. He came to power through one of the worst election ever in Nigeria
2. Then he organized and supervised the worst election election ever in Nigeria, making us an sore in the eyes of international community
3. He defrauded us using his power in NNPC as President and Petroleum Minister at the same time.
4. He grabbed choice thousands of hectares of lands all over the country as farms
5. He stole from us to build a school and a library, and to buy Transcorps shares.
6. He robbed us blind (some say $16 Billion!) in the name of NIPP (another of his phantom projects). Power stations are built within 4 years, yet in eights years of his misrule, there is nothing to show for it (as a matter of fact power supply dropped drastically). He commissioned multiple phantom projects. Power stations, and second Niger bridge are examples
7. He enthroned corruption like never before, using the EFCC only as a masquerade of his phantom fight against corruption
8. He tried endlessly to create chaos and state of emergency in Anambra (in the Ngige, and Uba saga), in his attempt to remove a sitting governor
9. Then he foolishly thought he deserved a third term after his vision-less rule.
10. When Nigeria rejected him, he committed one of his greatest atrocity, which incidentally led to the death of a good man, - he foisted a sick man (Yar Adua) as his last act of wickedness on a great and dynamic country (instead of advising the man to go and take care of his health).

In a good society, Obj is suppose to rot in jail. But here sick minded praise singers are worshiping him like their god. He is as evil as they come. The few years of Yar Adua presidency and the few months or Jonathan presidency are much better that all the donkey years of the hypocrite Obj. The thieving IBB, and the fundamentalist Buhari are much better president than the thief and hypocrite call Obj.

In a theoretical two party system with Obj and IBB as the only candidate, I will willing cast my vote for IBB (the thief) rather than Obj (the bigger thief, and shameless, two-faced, lying old man). Obj is the worst [b]thing [/b]that ever happened to Nigeria in contemporary era. God will punish him and his cronies!

My two kobo!
you havent said anything that we dont know of his regime but ibb has done more harm to this country than obasanjo.go and find out how the consequence of ibb SAP dragged us to this sorry state and stop being hypocritic
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On May 24, 2010
For all critics, check economic indicators during Obj regime, and compare it to others, You can post your finding,

WHat economic indicator do we need when the whole country is in darkness?

WHat economic indicator do you want to show the people of Odi and Zaki Biam?

Which economic indicator do you want to show the families of Bola Ige, Dikibo, Harry Marshalls etc.

With the army of unemployed youths in the country, which economic indicator do you need again
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by sulad82i(m): 11:12pm On May 24, 2010
Best we ever had indeed. Comparing bad egg to another bad egg all because we have no other options.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by AkoEja: 11:15pm On May 24, 2010
OBJ seems to be the only Nigerian president that did something positive, not comparable to that Gooro-chewing gap-toothed monster. I was hoping Yaradua would have done soemthing too, but he was too ill to govern properly.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 24, 2010
dayokanu:

WHat economic indicator do we need when the whole country is in darkness?

WHat economic indicator do you want to show the people of Odi and Zaki Biam?

Which economic indicator do you want to show the families of Bola Ige, Dikibo, Harry Marshalls etc.

With the army of unemployed youths in the country, which economic indicator do you need again
there was political assasination during his regime because of the tussle for power and none of such killings had any connection with him.his efforts to provide electricity were killed by saboteurs who didnt wanted progress and are benefitting from the rot at that period.i blame him for lack of supervision.
the attack on the two communities were out of his will to maintain law and order.how can you leave a communities that perpetrated various attacks against security agencies amid other violence.what is the difference between yaradua's attack on gbaramutu kingdom and the odi/zaki biam saga ?.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by abdulram: 11:22pm On May 24, 2010
Guys, the best president Nigeria ever had was Buhari. Lets face the truth, buhari gave Nigeria vision and direction until the west came and sack him through IBB. Obj is a western stooge Lets face it, all the people like soludo, iweala he brought to chair ministries are all using pro western ideologies which do not benefit Nigeria. Dont our leaders know what to do to make Nigeria great. They know but just dont want to do it. During Buhari time, he made sure that our exchange rate is same with pounds and that translate to good standard of living. Why are we travelling to britain, is it not for the pounds which is now 240 to 1. if the currency still stays the same as pounds, nobody would be eager to travel out. imagine sumbody earning 100,000 naira and thinks he is earning much, conversion to pounds is just 400 pounds whereas same person doing the same job in britain would be earning 2000 pounds. lets face it, if our exchange rate is same with pounds; our country would be better.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 24, 2010
abdulram:

Guys, the best president Nigeria ever had was Buhari. Lets face the truth, buhari gave Nigeria vision and direction until the west came and sack him through IBB. Obj is a western stooge Lets face it, all the people like soludo, iweala he brought to chair ministries are all using pro western ideologies which do not benefit Nigeria. Dont our leaders know what to do to make Nigeria great. They know but just dont want to do it. During Buhari time, he made sure that our exchange rate is same with pounds and that translate to good standard of living. Why are we travelling to britain, is it not for the pounds which is now 240 to 1. if the currency still stays the same as pounds, nobody would be eager to travel out. imagine sumbody earning 100,000 naira and thinks he is earning much, conversion to pounds is just 400 pounds whereas same person doing the same job in britain would be earning 2000 pounds. lets face it, if our exchange rate is same with pounds; our country would be better.
the naira has always been good and competitive against the dollar and pound sterling even in the days of obj and buhari until mr babangida came with his structural Adjustment programme and ruin this country.you see why ibb is the evil of nigeria
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2010

@ime2010,
if these shortcomings of obj as u outlined here are real, why then are ppl like ibori and alams been chased up and down in the name of war against corruption or were u expecting both of them not to have shortcomings like their leader obj?
economic indicators u said, how did these economic indicators affect our dark country, our poor roads, security, hospitals and schools? how are the poor masses enjoying ur so-called economic indicators?
the reforms u mentioned above, are they part of the reforms that made u and i useless in choosing our leaders? those reforms might have helped in the killings of odi and the other community in benue state? oh, that reform that made our streets darker than ever?
it is obvious here that most of us are not even informed and do not know what they are fighting for.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by emekagh(m): 12:33am On May 25, 2010
[/quote][quote author=~Bluetooth link=topic=450527.msg6088375#msg6088375 date=1274737886]
you havent said anything that we dont know of his regime but ibb has done more harm to this country than obasanjo.go and find out how the consequence of ibb SAP dragged us to this sorry state and stop being hypocritic

I think you are the hypocrite here. IBB this, IBB that. Obj is the bigger thief for all I care, and even most pple. IBB SAP was what was in vogue then. Many countries subjected themselves to the IMF and SAP, even till today. As we speak Greece is already facing SAP. The greatest crime of IBB was the annulment of June 12, and of course the mismanagement or outright stealing of the $12 Billion oil windfall. But these are drops in the ocean compared to the $16 Billion Obj stole in power project, the money he made allocating oil contracts to his daughter and cronies minister of petroleum, and all other schemes he initiated to en stool corruption. Obj robbed Nigeria blind. He is a disgrace to the good people of yoruba. His do-and-die, shambolic election where ballot boxes are snatched in the full glare of new-screws is a reflections of shamelessness, corruption that was Obj.

Those of you who are here to re-write history and put him in better light are wasting your time. Given the rare opportunity he had, and the goodwill he was given, Obj remained the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria presidency. He dragged Nigeria further back than did the men in green. Nigeria would have been better off, if he was left to rot in jail for the Abacha era coup plot (real or imaginary). Obj was a very wicked, evil, and extremely corrupt leader. The worst to bestrode Nigeria in far and modern history. God will punish him and his cronies.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by emekagh(m): 12:42am On May 25, 2010
AkoEja:

OBJ seems to be the only Nigerian president that did something positive, not comparable to that Gooro-chewing gap-toothed monster. I was hoping Yaradua would have done soemthing too, but he was too ill to govern properly.

Yar Adua's failure was the result of the wickedness, and darkness of heart of Obj. He set him up to fail. Young energetic focus men with proven tracked record like Donald Duke, and others were in PDP, but the evil Obj wanted someone, a puppet, without the desire or capacity to rule Nigeria hence - Yar Adua.

Even at that, the sickly Yar Adua was able provide a formula to solve the Niger Delta problem. Something Obj was unable to do because he just wanted to be able to import fuel. Was it not Obj who spent billions of dollars buying weapons to kill the Niger Delta people? But here we have pple trying to tell us that this wicked, evil, and vindictive man had good reform? Tell that to the communities he razed, tell that to their families. Good policy my foot. God will punish Obj and his cronies.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by msb247(m): 1:03am On May 25, 2010
^^^I AGREE WITH U BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! U GUYZ SHOULD GO GET A LIFE,  tongue

IT IT WERE U OR YOUR DAD, WOULD U HAVE DONE BETTER? EHN??
DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. JUST LOOKS FOR WAYS SUGGESTIONS TO OUR PROBLEMS AND STOP EMBRACING THE PAST! IT HAS HAPPENED AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT!!!!

NIGERIA: GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION.
WHERE D IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE grin
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by emekagh(m): 1:57am On May 25, 2010
msb247:

^^^I AGREE WITH U BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! U GUYZ SHOULD GO GET A LIFE,  tongue

DAMAGE HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. JUST LOOKS FOR WAYS SUGGESTIONS TO OUR PROBLEMS AND STOP EMBRACING THE PAST! IT HAS HAPPENED AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT!!!!

My brother abeg no vex. It's those pro Obj propagandists that are provoking this strong rebuttal. If we allow them to have a field day, their praise singing will overshadow the truth about their master - Obj. Enough is surely enough.

As per life I have a good one? As per advise and suggestion - there are thousands of them out there for the government to follow. The best I can do now is to continue to improve my life no matter what they do. And as I social critic, I will stand in the wings and point out their errors, in the strongest of terms and words as and when I could.

Cheers man! grin
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by princekevo(m): 6:17am On May 25, 2010
msb247:

^^^I AGREE WITH U BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! U GUYZ SHOULD GO GET A LIFE, tongue

So Now for OBJ, we should stop embracing the past? lol. Nigerians are very funny. Am sure if IBB's Issue is being tabled here all hell will let lose Crucify him!!!! Why should we forget OBJ atrocities and IBB's annulment of June will forever be remember?

Am not sure you read through what you jst posted, if we agree to the above as a leader can committ any atrocity just to meet his Goals. Why are we then against IBB, why are we against people like Ibori? Am not sure they were dumbs to all they did, they had a goal also. IBB wasn't stupid when he annulled June 12, he had a goal to achieve with that as the president. Am not in anywhere supporting any of these criminals but i think it is wise for us to apply the same standard in judging all them.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Yefet(m): 6:20am On May 25, 2010
Obj is one the Worst President Nigeria ever had. Mandela came out of prison and transformed His Nation, while Obj came and turned Nigeria into a Prison. The GSM stuff was started By Abacha (before His demise) then Abbulsalam had less time to implement before Obj started it. The Debt relief was done by the G8 countries to help indebted third world country ,so never say It was Nigeria or OBj. Corruption was at it's peak and Political killin was even more than Abacha's time. Electricity was never around and so much money was spent on it.

He's too arrogant and almost became Gadafi of Nigeria (with his third term bid) Only God saved us. He's a Monster! I will give Gowon or Buhari the title of the best.

Obj had the Opportunity as A democratic elected president to lead us to development but he messed Nigeria upand now he's moving close to Jonathan to act like a godfather.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by chidichris(m): 8:00am On May 25, 2010

@bluetooth,
u are shortsighted. ibb was only a military president. we did not vote for him. he fought his way into govt. military is not recognised as a type of govt all over the world.
we are talking about someone who claimed to having our mandate to rule for 8 uninterupted years.
by the ways, if u think ibb is as corrupt as you mentioned here, why then did ur obasanjo not probe him while he was probing abacha and alams?
leadership by example is the guide.
what the govs, local govt chairmen and ward councellors are doing is what the learn from the presidency.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 8:12am On May 25, 2010
chidichris:

@bluetooth,
u are shortsighted. ibb was only a military president. we did not vote for him. he fought his way into govt. military is not recognised as a type of govt all over the world.
we are talking about someone who claimed to having our mandate to rule for 8 uninterupted years.
by the ways, if u think ibb is as corrupt as you mentioned here, why then did your obasanjo not probe him while he was probing abacha and alams?
what the govs, local govt chairmen and ward councellors are doing is what the learn from the presidency.

so you can admit that obj was voted into power.lwkmd.for your information,ibb and his fellow northern rogues imposed obasanjo on nigeria because they wanted a yoruba that would cover their tracks and return power to them in 2003.the yoruba protested the choice of obasanjo and i can tell you that he didnt win his ward during the election.
the same north sabotage all his efforts to lift this country up when he fell out with them.Nigeria has a fundamental problem and until it is solved,the same result will continue to show up at the end of every republic.obj is no better but the condition he found himself were beyond him.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 8:15am On May 25, 2010
chidichris:

@bluetooth,
by the ways, if u think ibb is as corrupt as you mentioned here, why then did your obasanjo not probe him while he was probing abacha and alams?

so you can admit that obj was voted into power.lwkmd.for your information,ibb and his fellow northern rogues imposed obasanjo on nigeria because they wanted a yoruba that would cover their tracks and return power to them in 2003.the yoruba protested the choice of obasanjo and i can tell you that he didnt win his ward during the election.
the same north sabotage all his efforts to lift this country up when he fell out with them.Nigeria has a fundamental problem and until it is solved,the same result will continue to show up at the end of every republic.obj is no better but the condition he found himself were beyond him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: A Self Inflicted Punishment / "Corruption Fighting Back" – Kano Anti-Graft Agency Boss Reacts / PDP Should Be Proscribed-Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.