Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening (39150 Views)

Obasanjo’s Presence At Wike-obi’s London Talks Rattles Tinubu’s Camp / #EndSARSMemorial: Youths Defy Heavy Police Presence At Lekki Tollgate (Pictures) / Heavy Police Presence At Lekki Tollgate (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by DeOTR: 10:18am On May 16, 2018
omojeesu:
70 AD: The Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple. Thousands of Jew were slaughtered, scattered and enslaved. Israel was renamed Palestine.

1939 -1945 AD: Hitler slaughtered 6 million Jews.

1948 AD: The Jews returned to their land but no Jerusalem, no Temple.

1967AD: The Jews recaptured Jerusalem and secured the Temple site.

2017 AD: The US recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

2018 AD: The US moved her embassy to Jerusalem.

The next major scenario according to the Bible is the start of Daniel's 70th week as Israel signs a treaty for peace in the Middle East brokered by the antichrist.

May my country Nigeria not be against Israel and attract the wrath of the God of Israel. Amen.
The 70 weeks of Daniel prophecy is 490 years (70*7) not literal days.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Akpan107(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2018
Paperwhite:
Buhari voted against a fellow Nigerian for a fulani Nigerien during the OAU sec.election during his stinct as military president.
Now as civilian dictator he has openly demostrated support for the creation of Western Sahara from Morocco.He also sent a delegation to participate in the Islamic league sports that was organized in .........?
The bigot & Islamic fanatic president of course will still want to league with his Palestinian brothers in solidarity
Well whether Buhari/Nigeria likes it or not,Jerusalem have been & will forever remains the capital of the nation of Isreal.If pained, pls slam your forehead again a transformer.
Nice one...!
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by omojeesu(m): 10:48am On May 16, 2018
DeOTR:

The 70 weeks of Daniel prophecy is 490 years (70*7) not literal days.

You are correct!

69 'weeks' are gone.

There's a gap between the end of the 69th and the beginning of the 70th. It is the Church Age for you to enter into the 'Commonwealth of Israel' by grace through the Jew, Jesus Christ. Are you in?
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by GuntersChain(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2018
okay, next in agenda building of the temple.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by CharleyBright(m): 11:27am On May 16, 2018
poseidon12:

I'm not aware that Buhari went to beg for aid from US. But I am aware that he went to purchase overpriced attack helicopters. And he offered the US access to the large Nigerian market to come and dump their surplus agricultural products without offering Nigeria anything in return. Nigeria gets nearly zero benefits from the US.

No bro, then you know nothing.
Nigeria receives millions of Dollars from US as Aids and grants for development projects in health, education and other sectors. Do you know how many millions of Dollars Nigeria has gotten Pepfar projects alone? Do u know what millions of US dollars gotten for educational support funds.
The Nigerian health sector would have long been dead and buried with US grants.
Wake up bro!!
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Smooyis(m): 11:30am On May 16, 2018
Paperwhite:
Buhari voted against a fellow Nigerian for a fulani Nigerien during the OAU sec.election during his stinct as military president.
Now as civilian dictator he has openly demostrated support for the creation of Western Sahara from Morocco.He also sent a delegation to participate in the Islamic league sports that was organized in .........?
The bigot & Islamic fanatic president of course will still want to league with his Palestinian brothers in solidarity
Well whether Buhari/Nigeria likes it or not,Jerusalem have been & will forever remains the capital of the nation of Isreal.If pained, pls slam your forehead again a transformer.
Your conclusion though shocked shocked
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Nobody: 11:31am On May 16, 2018
glad7:
I'm baffled and keep wondering whether the federal government is afraid of the Palestinian state or an enemy of US? What is the big deal if the ambassador went to the US opening of its embassy in Jerusalem having recognized the city as capital of Israel?

A very big deal. Who ask him to go? Nigeria does not recognize Jerusalem as Capital of Israel and neither sympathetic US action.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Oxalic(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2018
What the hell is going on in this government? Ahh!
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Uzoezeamugo: 1:14pm On May 16, 2018
olusledge:

lol ignorance written over this post.
isrealis are not Christians
. No they are Muslims ready for Ramadan tomorrow. Efulefu!
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Uzoezeamugo: 1:31pm On May 16, 2018
MrHowto:

A very big deal. Who ask him to go? Nigeria does not recognize Jerusalem as Capital of Israel and neither sympathetic US action.
Whether Nigeria recognizes it or not, it has now become Israel capital Q.E.D. Make no mistake about it.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 16, 2018
Uzoezeamugo:
Whether Nigeria recognizes it or not, it has now become Israel capital Q.E.D. Make no mistake about it.

Nope it has not become. Only USA recognize it as such.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by okonprecious1997(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2018
Watin carry Buhari go Isreal, abi en lost en way there.... Make en no carry en slim body with leaf ear go en village... ANU
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by DeOTR: 5:01pm On May 16, 2018
omojeesu:

You are correct!

69 'weeks' are gone.

There's a gap between the end of the 69th and the beginning of the 70th. It is the Church Age for you to enter into the 'Commonwealth of Israel' by grace through the Jew, Jesus Christ. Are you in?
Daniel 9:24 ...'Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.'
This prophecy is for the Jews to turn to God. The ultimatum was 490 years.
9:25 ...'Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks' ...
69 weeks until Jesus was revealed as the messiah at his baptism.
Daniel 9:27...'And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease... '
Verse 26 tells us that Jesus would be killed after the 69th week.
This above quoted verse made us understand that he would he would cause sacrifice and oblation to cease. How? I believe you know that the death of Jesus practically tore the veil of the temple, technically putting an end to the sacrifices?
This happened in the middle of the 70th week.
The Jews rejected God and the ultimatum ended at the stoning of Stephen and there we have it, the 70 week prophecy fulfilled. The Jews paid the full price of rejecting God by the destruction of Jerusalem afterwards by the Romans (people of the prince. Dan: 9:26) .
So in essence, the seventy weeks of Daniel are seventy CONTINUOUS weeks of prophetic time.
Not actually about end time thing and it's meant only as a warning for the Jews.
Let's not derail the thread further. grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 7:56pm On May 16, 2018
OFFICIAL336:

Those people were they living there 1500 BC? Were they there 70 AD? They should go back to Jordan.

Yes, Arabs have lived in Palestine for centuries even after Titus led his Roman Legions to completely destroy the kingdom of Israel. A lot of these Arabs are native to the land as compared to the likes of majority of "Jews" who live there today.

Just in case you didn't know, being Jewish is a religion, not a race or ethnicity. What that means is that if i convert to Judaism today like Ivanka Trump then i have more rights to Israel than the average Arab who is native to that land. How does that even make sense?
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 7:59pm On May 16, 2018
boynigeria:

Bakassi peninsula was returned back to Cameroon, you dont see Nigeria whinning about that.

How can Palestinians think its their home, i just dont understand, even before being declared part of Isreal in 1948, it was been between Isreal/Jordan rule.

Wrong, Israel did not exist until 1948. That entire region was called Palestine and even after the Romans had wiped out Israel and dispersed all its people abroad there were still Arabs living there in fact when Palestine was under Ottoman Rule and the Jews started trickling into Palestine there was peace between them and the natives for the most part until the British deposed the Ottomans (Turks) and decided to create a country named Israel.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 8:14pm On May 16, 2018
zlantanfan:
you have been listening to propaganda, Arab world have enough countries why don't they start spreading their lands from their countries to Gaza if Palestine need a country that bad

I don't need to listen to propaganda my friend i just need to learn history (which i am a fan of). Arabs have lived in Palestine ever since the Romans destroyed Israel and scattered the Jewish people to the wind. They are native to the land than a lot of the people who live there today yet this people have no rights, no country and no economic prospects. How far can you push someone before they snap?
The problem with a lot of folks is that they get a lot of their knowledge through the news which is not bad per se but you gotta learn history to understand what the underlying issues are.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 8:15pm On May 16, 2018
dealslip:

What is your opinion on the people chased out by Herdsmen in Benue and their land occupied by Fulani herdsmen. When do you think they should go back home too. You seems to be very knowledgeable about the Palestinians dilemma but haven't compared it to the dilemma of the people in the exactly the same trauma back at home in Benue, Taraba etc

I am not very knowledgable on the Herdsmen issue in Benue so i don't think i can comment on that.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 8:19pm On May 16, 2018
dealslip:

Talk about your own IDPs at home here in the North. The people kicked out of their homes by Fulani herdsmen and their home taken over by same. When will they return home.

Like i said in a previous comment, i don't know much about that situation to comment on it.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by omojeesu(m): 10:09pm On May 16, 2018
DeOTR:

This prophecy is for the Jews to turn to God. The ultimatum was 490 years.

69 weeks until Jesus was revealed as the messiah at his baptism.

Verse 26 tells us that Jesus would be killed after the 69th week.
This above quoted verse made us understand that he would he would cause sacrifice and oblation to cease. How? I believe you know that the death of Jesus practically tore the veil of the temple, technically putting an end to the sacrifices?
This happened in the middle of the 70th week.
The Jews rejected God and the ultimatum ended at the stoning of Stephen and there we have it, the 70 week prophecy fulfilled. The Jews paid the full price of rejecting God by the destruction of Jerusalem afterwards by the Romans (people of the prince. Dan: 9:26) .
So in essence, the seventy weeks of Daniel are seventy CONTINUOUS weeks of prophetic time.
Not actually about end time thing and it's meant only as a warning for the Jews.
Let's not derail the thread further. grin

No so! God has not finished with Israel!! That's why Isreal returned that the last week will be fulfilled in the last days. Their return was a shock to groups like yours. The Church is the wild olive branch grafted to the Olive Tree. You are anti-Israel and anti-Christ in your posture. Get instruction from Romans chapters 9 to 11.

I present Romans 11:

11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hearwink unto this day.

11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

11:25 For I WOULD NOT, brethren, that YE SHOULD SHOULD BE IGNORANT OF THIS MYSTERY, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, UNTIL THE FULNESS OF THE GENTILES BE COME IN.

11:26 And SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

11:29 For the GIFTS AND CALLING OF GOD ARE WITHOUT REPENTANT.

11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Your 70 continuous weeks are not scriptural.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by olusledge: 10:33pm On May 16, 2018
Uzoezeamugo:
. No they are Muslims ready for Ramadan tomorrow. Efulefu!
bro read

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by omojeesu(m): 10:38pm On May 16, 2018
davidif:

Oh, and you forgot to mention that when the jews started moving back to Palestine an masse in the late 1800's that there were hundreds of thousands of Arabs already living in that area for thousands of years and that this people were ignored by the British and the rest of the non-Arab world when the nation of israel was carved out from the region of Palestine.

These people were not even given a country of theirs and were left in legal limbo and when they rose in revolution the Israelis kicked almost all of them out of israel including hundreds of thousands of civilians and this people were not allowed to return hence the reason for this protest and pretty much the major source of contention ever since (the right to return).

So next time you trash the Palestinians learn about them first. Find out why they are angry and the reason for their frustrations. Morale of the story: learn about the other side in every argument before taking a side because when Jerusalem and the whole of Palestine was under ottoman rule (before the British deposed them) Jews and Arabs had lived mostly peacefully together side by side until the British ruined everything.

1) Explain Sura 5.21
2) Israel was existing 3000 years before 70AD
3) They merely returned to their land after having been in the diaspora for close to 1900 years.
4) Before 1948 there was no nation recognised as Palastine by the United Nations.
5) The fall of Israel and her end times recovery are prophesies in the Bible.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by zlantanfan: 11:07pm On May 16, 2018
davidif:

I don't need to listen to propaganda my friend i just need to learn history (which i am a fan of). Arabs have lived in Palestine ever since the Romans destroyed Israel and scattered the Jewish people to the wind. They are native to the land than a lot of the people who live there today yet this people have no rights, no country and no economic prospects. How far can you push someone before they snap?
The problem with a lot of folks is that they get a lot of their knowledge through the news which is not bad per se but you gotta learn history to understand what the underlying issues are.
I don't know what history can be older than their Koran, bible including arechology that have pointed out that before even the romans came their they meet Jews, if some imposter comes to temporary occupy the place does it makes it theirs.

Israel that has just 0.1 percent of population should not secure itself.

If the Arab world is truly sincere they would say hey Palestinians sorry for your plight do come to Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Egypt. They really do have enough lands to give Palestine 3 countries if they wanted but they only want to play politics

Ask yourself honestly would Arab allow Jews or Christian to have any single claim to mecca or anything.

But Israel which has just that tiny land accommodated Islamic greatest prilgrim site and today remains the only tolerant nation outside Europe that integrates Islam, Judaism, Christianity side by side both in language and culture and everything.

Which other Islamic nation can do that not every turkey in a supposed Europe.

Israel has tolerated enough but you must understand it is a common enemy in the islam even outside middle east.
It really needs to take measures to protect itself everyday.

As a sovereign nation that it is her people are growing and expanding, they need spaces and are not begging Arab neighborhors, they really don't have any other place to look up to in the middle east because they are an endangered species.

Can't the Arab world take their Arab brothers to safety while they negotiate Arab sites sacred to their Islam with Israel which must remain intact
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 12:02am On May 17, 2018
omojeesu:

1) Explain Sura 5.21
2) Israel was existing 3000 years before 70AD
3) They merely returned to their land after having been in the diaspora for close to 1900 years.
4) Before 1948 there was no nation recognised as Palastine by the United Nations.
5) The fall of Israel and her end times recovery are prophesies in the Bible.

Israel was wiped out by the Romans around 2000 years ago and as a nation it ceased to exist and that entire region was termed Palestine. Palestine is not a country but the name of a region (a la Carribean) and yes you can say that the Jews came back to their land but can you imagine someone coming to your house and telling you that your land belongs to him and that his people lived there 3000 years ago. What would be your reaction?
Now take that a step further and imagine if this people kick you and your family out of your land and won't let you go back so here you are stuck in a refugee camp with no future and you have no where to go. Let me see how you would react.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 12:06am On May 17, 2018
zlantanfan:
I don't know what history can be older than their Koran, bible including arechology that have pointed out that before even the romans came their they meet Jews, if some imposter comes to temporary occupy the place does it makes it theirs.

Israel that has just 0.1 percent of population should not secure itself.

If the Arab world is truly sincere they would say hey Palestinians sorry for your plight do come to Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Egypt. They really do have enough lands to give Palestine 3 countries if they wanted but they only want to play politics

Ask yourself honestly would Arab allow Jews or Christian to have any single claim to mecca or anything.

But Israel which has just that tiny land accommodated Islamic greatest prilgrim site and today remains the only tolerant nation outside Europe that integrates Islam, Judaism, Christianity side by side both in language and culture and everything.

Which other Islamic nation can do that not every turkey in a supposed Europe.

Israel has tolerated enough but you must understand it is a common enemy in the islam even outside middle east.
It really needs to take measures to protect itself everyday.

As a sovereign nation that it is her people are growing and expanding, they need spaces and are not begging Arab neighborhors, they really don't have any other place to look up to in the middle east because they are an endangered species.

Can't the Arab world take their Arab brothers to safety while they negotiate Arab sites sacred to their Islam with Israel which must remain intact

So can you imagine someone coming to your house and telling you that your land belongs to him and his people and that they lived there thousands of years ago therefore you and your ilk should evacuate and move to a different country to join your "brothers". Let's see what your reaction would be.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by zlantanfan: 7:21am On May 17, 2018
davidif:

So can you imagine someone coming to your house and telling you that your land belongs to him and his people and that they lived there thousands of years ago therefore you and your ilk should evacuate and move to a different country to join your "brothers". Let's see what your reaction would be.
bro trust me i understand their situation but practically it happened to my uncle who bought a land and built on it for more than 20 years it was home, but a time comes when another man comes to say it was his uncle that sold it not his father the rightful owner their father.

The present occupant had documents same with the son of the late man.
There was not settiment attached they went to history (the king in the town) who settled actually the origin of the land in favour of the son and only begged the son to give the occupant time to leave.

I understand again their homeless or stateless problem with Palestine but they have the luxury of Iran which is bigger that UK and France together.

The whole issue shows its a problem beyond state matter as their Arab countries just want to put them in that state as excuse for claiming lives and creating terrorists.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 7:46am On May 17, 2018
zlantanfan:
bro trust me i understand their situation but practically it happened to my uncle who bought a land and built on it for more than 20 years it was home, but a time comes when another man comes to say it was his uncle that sold it not his father the rightful owner their father.

The present occupant had documents same with the son of the late man.
There was not settiment attached they went to history (the king in the town) who settled actually the origin of the land in favour of the son and only begged the son to give the occupant time to leave.

I understand again their homeless or stateless problem with Palestine but they have the luxury of Iran which is bigger that UK and France together.

The whole issue shows its a problem beyond state matter as their Arab countries just want to put them in that state as excuse for claiming lives and creating terrorists.

Dude I am not talking 20 years here. I am talking about thousands of years for goodness sakes! The Arabs are indigenous to that land also and believe it was there own God given land also. So what are you talking about? That's like telling all Americans to leave America so that the native American tribes can come back to reclaim their own land.
Facts are the when the British colonialists promised the jews a Jewish state in Palestine there were only 3-5% of jews living there at the time. They did not even include the Palestinian people in talks at that time. Heck No! They just said hey, the jews are going to get their own country and that the jews should not discriminate against non-jewish population there (over 95%) well guess what? non jews are being discriminated to thos very day in that region. The Israelis make life unbearable for them. They have few rights and fewer economic prospects and you want them to walk away from their father land just because you said so, are you kidding me?
Truth of the matter is that being a jew is a religion, not a race therefore all the Arabs there who are native to that land are just as entitled to that land and probably more so than the so called white people living in Israel who call themselves jews even if they look nothing like original jews who lived there thousands of years ago.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by omojeesu(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2018
davidif:

Israel was wiped out by the Romans around 2000 years ago and as a nation it ceased to exist and that entire region was termed Palestine. Palestine is not a country but the name of a region (a la Carribean) and yes you can say that the Jews came back to their land but can you imagine someone coming to your house and telling you that your land belongs to him and that his people lived there 3000 years ago. What would be your reaction? Then not only that they kick you and your people out of your land and won't let you go back so here you are stuck in a refugee camp with no future and you have no where to go. Let me see how you would react.

Didn't Mohammed say Allah gave the land to them, the Jews. They were kicked out of their land as punishment from God. The same God facilitated their return to the land He gave them according to Biblical prophesies. The people there were squatters on another man's land. The landlord came back and still allowed them space in Gaza and West Bank yet they are not satisfied talking about East Jerusalem as their capital.

Arabs have extensive land mass. They can't accommodate their own Palestinian brothers. They want to squeeze out the land owners. Arabs have never and can never be their brother's keeper.

I share your sentiments but the truth must be told.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by zlantanfan: 8:07am On May 17, 2018
davidif:

Dude I am not talking 20 years here. I am talking about thousands of years for goodness sakes! The Arabs are indigenous to that land also and believe it was there own God given land also. So what are you talking about? That's like telling all Americans to leave America so that the native American tribes can come back to reclaim their own land.
Facts are the when the British colonialists promised the jews a Jewish state in Palestine there were only 3-5% of jews living there at the time. They did not even include the Palestinian people in talks at that time. Heck No! They just said hey, the jews are going to get their own country and that the jews should not discriminate against non-jewish population there (over 95%) well guess what? non jews are being discriminated to thos very day in that region. The Israelis make life unbearable for them. They have few rights and fewer economic prospects and you want them to walk away from their father land just because you said so, are you kidding me?
Truth of the matter is that being a jew is a religion, not a race therefore all the Arabs there who are native to that land are just as entitled to that land and probably more so than the so called white people living in Israel who call themselves jews even if they look nothing like original jews who lived there thousands of years ago.
bro all you talk about is centered around 1948, I understand you seek justice but their can be no Justice without truth.

Its not about what the British did or how they did it, the truth is that before Palestine existed that land had been Israels.

If someone asks me to leave a land i know i had only be occupying for the real owners I would leave but beg for some leverage that simple
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by omojeesu(m): 8:15am On May 17, 2018
davidif:

The American Indians analogy is not it. They were never exiled. They remained in America despite the injustices against them. The Jews were literally uprooted from their land and returned by divine arrangements to possess their possession.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by Originakalokalo(m): 8:36am On May 17, 2018
davidif:

Yes, Arabs have lived in Palestine for centuries even after Titus led his Roman Legions to completely destroy the kingdom of Israel. A lot of these Arabs are native to the land as compared to the likes of majority of "Jews" who live there today.

Just in case you didn't know, being Jewish is a religion, not a race or ethnicity. What that means is that if i convert to Judaism today like Ivanka Trump then i have more rights to Israel than the average Arab who is native to that land. How does that even make sense?

Bible scholar spotted

God bless you
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 4:08pm On May 17, 2018
omojeesu:

The American Indians analogy is not it. They were never exiled. They remained in America despite the injustices against them. The Jews were literally uprooted from their land and returned by divine arrangements to possess their possession.

The American Indians were uprooted from their own native lands and sent to reservations far away (America is the size of a continent) where tons of them died on the way and that's where a lot of them still live to this day.
Re: Presidency Denies Nigeria’s Presence At US Jerusalem Embassy Opening by davidif: 4:11pm On May 17, 2018
zlantanfan:
bro all you talk about is centered around 1948, I understand you seek justice but their can be no Justice without truth.

Its not about what the British did or how they did it, the truth is that before Palestine existed that land had been Israels.

If someone asks me to leave a land i know i had only be occupying for the real owners I would leave but beg for some leverage that simple

So if someone told you to leave your own land that you were born and raised in simply because they believe that their own God that they worship promised it to them thousands of years ago, you will pack up and leave right? Gotcha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Ambassador Blasts US Refusal To Sell Arms / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Boko Haram Terrorists Kill Maliya Ibrahim In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.