Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Amnesty For Kidnappers In Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty For Kidnappers In Abia State (868 Views)

Death Sentence For Kidnappers In Oyo: Ajimobi Approves It / BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty For Kidnappers In Abia State by saintchux(m): 3:07pm On May 24, 2010
It baffles me to see Abia state government declare amnesty for repentant kidnappers. I think that this country is in trouble. very soon repentant prostitute, repentant 419ner, repentant killer etc will come up for amnesty.

Some people that decided to cause harm to people to enrich themselves are now to be granted amnesty in the name of repentance.

If they repent from kidnapping, they should just stop it and go and make peace with their God and humanity, than coming up for another government funding in the name of amnesty after unleashing terror on innocent citizen.

I think that these criminal should be prosecuted rather than granting them amnesty.

source:
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5571922-146/kidnappers_accept_amnesty_offer__.csp
Re: Amnesty For Kidnappers In Abia State by udezue(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2010
I agree.
Re: Amnesty For Kidnappers In Abia State by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On May 24, 2010
Is this amnesty deal really coming just from the state, or from the federal government? We should have seen this coming though. I mean if the Federal was all too willing to grant amnesty to kidnappers in niger delta areas, it only makes sense that petty(not related to major groups like MEND) kidnappers in surrounding zones will want their piece of the pie.  grin

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt / 2011: Ibb To Flag Off Campaign In Ibadan July 29 / Interpol Investigates Yerima's Marriage To Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.