Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Match-making: Does It Really Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Match-making: Does It Really Work? (2695 Views)

Poll: Does matchmaking Really Work?

Yes: 61% (21 votes)
No or undecided: 38% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Do It Really Work Out?? / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? / Butt Enlargement Creams, Do They Really Work? Pls Ladies Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2007
I have been pondering on this issue for a very long time, so I decided to throw it in the open for the views of Nairaland user. Please no insult and use of insolent words and be guided by the topic.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by monshege: 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2007
matchmaking works for those it works for. i have seen cases where it worked, however, there has to be a "connection" there before you have to consider if it will work or not
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 20, 2007
I doubt its workability!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by whitelexi(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2007
fynewaka:

I doubt its workability!

When u attend a job interview, do u think ur profile will match the job specification?
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2007
That's a job, we are talking about love here!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by whitelexi(m): 9:28am On Mar 20, 2007
fynewaka:

That's a job, we are talking about love here!

Anything that works for okafor will work for anosike grin
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2007
lol
In every general rule, there must be an exception!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by whitelexi(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2007
fynewaka:

lol
In every general rule, there must be an exemption!

But on very special arrangement, the devil can go to heaven grin
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Creamish(f): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2007
I've heard some couples who admitted that they were match made by their friends and they r rily happy together---I guess it isnt all cases dat works but if pple can get married after meeting online, then anything can happen grin
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 20, 2007
I know that under special arrangement, Satan can see God! but how possible is this? That's the bottomline of the argument.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 20, 2007
Creamish:

I've heard some couples who admitted that they were match made by their friends and they r rily happy together---I guess it isnt all cases that works but if people can get married after meeting online, then anything can happen grin

What's the probability? What are the chances? It's almost practically impossible!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Creamish(f): 10:04am On Mar 20, 2007
Some pplez destiny is fulfilled thru dat so dont exactly rule it out--Like i said i've heard about some couples who got together thru this means. It works for some and dosnt for others
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Cyclone5(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2007
It can work but rarely does. Most cases are of single people being tossed at each other rather than suited couples. That just wont work in most cases.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by agnesoseka: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2007
I dont believe in match making, in this time n age??
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Damsal(f): 11:24am On Mar 20, 2007
Of course it works. I hooked up ma friends two weeks ago, and all of a sudden i'm talking to her on the phone and i can hear his voice in the background, they are getting on pretty well. They don't always have to be compatible opposites do attract.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by robby1(m): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2007
Yes it does work. Ma pops is an expert at that grin
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Creamish(f): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2007
Exactly----sometimes, pple get hooked to others thru social gatherings and it's all a ploy by some friends to get them hooked---it's very probable and possible to get a life partner from matchmaking and it still happens in this day and age---dont think it'l ever phase out (when children gettn bethroded at birth still exists)
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by akara(m): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2007
grin

Used to work in the days of our grandparents. Doubt it will work now except in very rare cases where there is a some sort of connection or by chance,

grin
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by 2dye4(m): 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2007
the problem is not with match-making, its actually the people involved that determine if its worth the trip. how u meet does not matter but what u find does. so no guarantees!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by kinzolic(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2007
if matchmaking neva works do u think all these matchmaking sites go dey sell and more matchmaking sites opening everyday,com'on make we face facts.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by bukiboy(m): 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2007
before i respond to the topic, i will like to share this with you.
in the 50's,60's & 70's parent always match make thier children to marry who they think will be better, and if we compare the rate of divorce between now that people chose their spouse to then i think you will agree with me that divorce rate is more higher now than then.
back to the topic (match-making:does it really work?)
yes it does.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Greycells(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2007
Matchmaking is both an art and science. In the years of yore, old people matchmake and the couples live ever happily after. Presently, it is a science because the Internet has taken it to another level via the use of profiles made available by dating sites,

If matchmaking is utterly useless like many believe, what accounts for the success of dating services that include christian singles, american singles  etc. These websites are pseudo-scientific matchmaker, They are perfecting their act by the day,

The increasing popularity and the humongous growth of users of social networking websites namely hi5 and myspace is pointer to the fact that people are looking for connections (serious relationships, erotic encounters, business relationship etc) via the Internet every minute. People are not just contented with the traditional way of finding a wife, lover etc. and perhaps, they are more comfortable with an impersonal matchmaker (a dating site)

Finally, what is the difference between the dude that met hins wife-to-be via matchmaker and the dude who met his in real time?
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by wonderar(f): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2007
[center] NOOOO!!!!!match making is what i called inferiority management. in the sense that, because of one reason or the other, you will make do with what you see, well if you ask me, i don't think is a wise form or way of having a partner, for whatever reason you want the person for.
it's not just an idea way of having someone that wil become a life partner or someone you want to have fun with. not even in this world of dangerssssssss, all the aaaa and dddd and sssssss,
if your want a partner go get one in an idea way![/center][left][/left][pre][/pre][center][/center][right][/right][center][/center][b]
[/b][i][/i]
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Greycells(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2007
@Wonderar. Sorry oh, people like you are not just realistic and alive to the changes in the world you live or maybe exist. The Rip Van Winkles of our age. Wake-up, the times are changing and for real. A lot of people with self-esteem go through such agencies to get a life partner. People will continue to do it (wetin i dey talk sef?), it is experiencing phenomenal growth. thanks to the internet.

The success of Brick and Mortar matchmaking agencies that resulted in the phenomenal online dating industry. Whether u like it or not, most facets of life is going online, why not? U buy your recharge card online, pay PHCN bills online, water bills online, transfer money online ( the list is endless).

All that is not inferiority management (abi wetin you call am)?
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by kemisole(f): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2007
yap,sometimes it works,
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Maneater1(f): 11:57am On Mar 21, 2007
I am a first hand witness to it.

I personally hooked a friend of mine up with my then boyfriend's brother cos i thot they shared alot in common and reminded me of each other.

Today they are happily married with two cute boys.

till today, they are ever so thankful to me that i introduced them to each other, and i am very proud when i see how happy their family is.

sadly though, it hasnt worked for me. i always get introduced to weird people. I feel like a freak-magnet. embarassed
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by bluebisi: 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2007
Don't feel bad, it might not just work for you but i believe you ca have a better chance.
oh how i wish to be match-make! tongue cause have witness two of my friend match-make weddings and they live happily like every other unmatch couples.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by Ferlie(m): 12:25pm On Mar 21, 2007
i get prick - she get pussy - why wont it work?
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by layi(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2007
lol @felie. Matchmaking isnt same as allen levels.

@topic
It'll work if u want it to work.
The truth is we all met ourselves somehow. Its inconsequential how. A guy just sees a girl on the street and likes her, and now they are happily married
How is that different from "matchmaking". It just has to do with "liking what u see/profiling".
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by 2dye4(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2007
ferlie: it must be really hard 4u disappoint urself 4 once. your comments sound like ur 4rm Mars!
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by whitelexi(m): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2007
Yes, they work out well for some people.
Re: Match-making: Does It Really Work? by cyprianjr(m): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2007
Yep it does work

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Skinny Lepah Girls So Jealous Of Girls Who Have A Big Batty? / I Hate When Couples Say Babe. Honey, Sugar Pie Etc / {LADIES} How Much Did You Have In Your Bank Account When You Got Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.