Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands (15830 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 11:51am On May 23, 2018
efembaba:
Pls people between gionee and xiaomi which one is better? Nd I learnt getting their parts will be difficult because of its relative in availability is it true?

I'm not a fan of either but xiaomi is a better brand. They are really pushing hard. No wonder xioami redmi 5a is the 5th best selling smartphone of q1 2018, only beaten by the iPhone x, 8, 8 plus and 7. Even selling more than the galaxy s9 and s9 plus.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by gotnel: 12:02pm On May 23, 2018
bongolistik:
Infinix phones have started coming with Qualcomm chipset and only Samsung do come with Exynos.

Sorry to say this, if I were Transsion Holdings I will still go to set up Tecno phones manufacturing plant in Ethiopia instead of Nigeria and you should blame that on Nigerian government who cannot set up enabling environment for both local and foreign companies to thrive in their businesses.

Or do you want Tecno to be running their company in Nigeria where they will be oning generator 24hours to keep up with the company's activities?

After all BBnaija show was a Nigeria show, but were was it hosted and I presume you know.

Good morning and welcome to Nigeria!

You just have to deal with it and look for the next Tecno or Infinix phone to buy. How much is per capital income of average Nigerians or don't you know that in Nigeria class economy, lower class citizens outshine both the middle and upper class, so where do you want them to steal money from to buy Samsung, HTC and Apple phones?

In fact you need to be thanking China and Transsion Holdings for remembering Nigerians in their prayers and making special devices suitable for them.

Why do you think that Tecno and Infinix devices sell like mad in Nigeria?

Just take a deep breath and stop getting angry at a company that has done Nigerians more favour than harm cos if not there will still be too many Android jjc in the country and that should be tantamount to kNigerians in backward technology.

Thank you for choosing to answer the op factually.
Fingers are not equal. Let everyone buys according to their capacity.
Android device is good for everyone, whatever you can afford this days don't be left out

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 23, 2018
millomaniac:
Lol, This OP will be mercilessly attacked and will be accused of many things because he tried to say the simple truth and educate nigerians. Fact is so many people long to use quality brands but cant because of the harsh economic reality on ground so they go for what they can afford, they convince themselves and truly believe It is the best and will aggresively defend the brand to avoid being looked down upon, they find motivation and consolation among themselves and As long as those inferior brands keeps massaging their self esteem by providing same functions the other quality brand does case is closed.

Some of the things he said are right, but the way he put it just shows he's taking it personal. First he said trassion don't use gorilla glass on their phones, false, infinix zero 5 has Corning gorilla glass 3, same thing found on many xiaomi phones. Then he said they don't use snapdragon or exynos as if lotd of phones use exynos. Yes infinix just started using snapdragon (though 400 series but it's a start). But trying to say anybody buying their products lack sense is absurd. U cannot tell someone what to buy with his money. Not everybody has the time to order phones. Though he didn't mention xiaomi or any other Chinese brands but that is where he shot himself on the leg. He mentioned Samsung, HTC, Sony. So let's say I have 40-50k and want to buy a decent phone, pls show me any good Samsung, Sony or HTC I can buy with that money or do I need to break bank just because I want to buy a phone.

Now u see why his post is not sensible at all. Yes u can order some other brands, but let's say I just want to walk into a store and come out with a phone, are those other products available?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Rasheed02(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2018
BadBradley:
Transsion Holdings, Perhaps being the only GSM mobile manufacturing company that operates in 3 different brands, Tecno, Itel and infinix in the world, apparently in a bid to have the proverbial nine lives and seemingly seeking to take advantage of the underdevelop world, this company has launched an aggressive market campaign across Africa and other poor region of the world where consumers and experts don't have the expertise to critically appraise its products' features and claims.

It's surprising how the Chinese company failed to make its presence in China its home country with a huge market of over 1.2 billion people but came to Africa whose entire population doesn't quite measure up to China and whose political and economic stability is less predictable than China's.

A company that rarely, if ever, uses the chipset of world leaders like Qualcomm or Exynos on its phones or, the screen protective layer from global standards setter, Corning, or the class leading mobile screen technology like Amoled or LCD 3, it is no wonder no reputable mobile phone website ever lists Tecno, Infinix or Itel amongst items for review.

Worse still this is a brand that can't handle large storage Micro SD card of 64 to 126gb without dragging its fluidity down or shutting down the phone. This is a company that doesn't have its own ecosystem or backup services or cloud storage like other Android manufacturers like  LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc

The listed pixel count at the back of camera doesn't reflect the quality expected and non-Adroid models have the exact same UX and UI of clone, fake phones that immitated Nokia Series 30 and 60 phones back in 2005 and 2006 across Africa.

To cap it all up, Tecno which has more customers in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia has chosen to set up a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia while targeting the market here in Nigeria.

So Nigerians will be paying more to get their subpar Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones while indirectly growing the economy of Ethiopia.

Perhaps its battery life is a strong selling point but again, what's the use of a long lasting battery without exciting features to power?

Source: www.lodega.com
I dey okay with my goat, chop your elephant
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Alfred234(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2018
All this one na story, not everyone can afford a Samsung or any other top brand phone so they go for what they can afford. Abi if i send a message from my Tecno/Infinix to ur Samsung S9 u won't receive it?
I'll always say it "A Tecno/Infinix phone of 50k is far better than a Samsung phone of the same 50k" Argue with ur keyboard.

And for your information we won't buy Xiaomi phones until they have offices in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by IamDyd: 12:44pm On May 23, 2018
kiddoiLL:
Ogbeni are you going to buy Samsung, HTC and Sony for the whole of Nigeria?
Really
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Joafjoe2018(m): 12:46pm On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:
I have no problem with Tecno or Infinix. I daresay they make good devices these days.

My contention is with Itel. No human being created by God should go a mile near that phone. Itel devices reek of failure and mediocrity in its worst term.

I also hate itel so much that whenever some of my bosses using this brand want to ask for help on the phone I do frown at them until last year when itel changed my notion and came up with something else last not knowing that, that was just a beginning. If you get there latest itel A32F you will surely be convinced and confused.

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by shamzylee: 12:50pm On May 23, 2018
leave it or take it, whatever provides you relative good service when you need it and in line with your budget is non-negotiable. Itel is doing this so give it to Itel and stop the sentimental rebellion.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by IamDyd: 12:53pm On May 23, 2018
FuckFuckBoy:
Itel is trash i swear cheesy cheesy
Guy how many Itel devices have you used before,What you don't understand is that itel is a Budget Device comparing it with Samsung and Co is just Wrong, itel now is No 1 most bought brand in Nigeria hitting 50million Devices, they are taking devices to every body providing everyone the opportunity to have a smartphone,imagine there new device the A32f is 20500 and it comes with similar specs of the Tecno Canon C8 its crazy but u have to agree as a brand itel Is one of the best,u can't buy a phone for 22k and compare it with one of 45k let's be sincere here Itel Rules!!!
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Queenpresh611: 12:54pm On May 23, 2018
Itel mobile was the first mobile phone to beat all other phone like Samsung
Itel mobile Is affordable and smooth
They make phone to suite my taste
Have you read the history
If you do you won't say that
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Queenpresh611: 12:57pm On May 23, 2018
Have been using itel product and I enjoy it
My family also use it
Basically the new phone that just came out itelA32F
Have you seen any phone with finger prints so affordable like that
How many of you can afford Samsung or infinix
No you can't because it's expensive
People complain before that the itel camera was bad
But now it's so amazing, even at night I snap picture and it so clear
So don't talk trash about them
We give people assurance

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ubev01(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:
Very very stupid thread. So let's say I have 40k and want to walk into a shop and buy a decent phone, @op come and show me the Samsung, HTC or Sony phone that I can buy for that amount. Or must I have 100k and above before I can use a phone?

I know where this thread is going. I know it's leaning thowards xiaomi. But I will say it again, let xiaomi open their offices in Nigeria, let them pay the tax tecno and infinix are paying, let them employ Nigerians, sponsor events etc. That is the only time I will credit them. Yes they make better phones than tecno and infinix at good prices, but that is mainly because their devices are shipped from overseas, no tax is paid. Where was xiaomi in those days when an ordinary man in Nigeria couldn't afford a smartphone?
you missed his point i believe. He said there are more users in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia. So Nigeria deserves a manufacturing plant ahead of Ethiopia. That's his point, tackle that. Cheers
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by IamDyd: 12:59pm On May 23, 2018
This whole post just shows the problems we have in this country, Without brands like Tecno,Infinix and especially itel, most of us won't have smart phones @ all how many of us can afford some $200 phones, imagine it,instead of post like this we should be commending them for thier efforts so they can improve sales and also improve quality of Service, Because you use one Device and its bad doesn't mean the Whole brand is bad , Think bro Think
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Queenpresh611: 1:00pm On May 23, 2018
Let me ask
If we avoid it what should we buy
Nigeria is so corrupt that nothing good comes out
I believe in itel mobile and I will

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Omachi006(f): 1:00pm On May 23, 2018
Obviously dude, they sent you. grin Eez like you have plenty money to buy phones for the millions of Nigerians who are living below the 1 dollar poverty line. cheesy

Here's the thing; these phones you're accusing of being subpar have provided sources of income for people. People who cannot afford to buy Samsung, HTC, Sony or other high-end phones, were you planning to have them STEAL? Or join a robbery gang created by you so that they can afford these phones?

I do feel like you were paid to do this but unfortunately for you and whoever sent you, people will always buy Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones. You can only rant but in the end, it would be all for nothing.

BTW, Tecno, Infinix and itel do have backup systems where you can store your files and apps. It's obvious you don't know anything about these phones but that's unfortunate (for you).

Ladies and gents, buy what you can afford and enjoy it for as long as it lasts. Don't be bothered by naysayers who most likely have been paid to write negatively about other brands.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Queenpresh611: 1:01pm On May 23, 2018
Should we steal to buy Samsung phones
That cost like a year of my school fees
When I can do the same thing on my itel phone

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Kodjattson(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2018
Get your facts straight.

This post smells of pain and frustration.

You must be a Samsung fan thus you are trying to kill the market for ITel, Infinix and tecno phones.

Samsung is Korean. Is it dominating that market?
Apple is American. 70% of its market is outside America
The list is endless

The fact that ITel, Infinix and tecno phones are flourishing has a strong message.

Three things are key for smartphone acquisition: PERFORMANCE. AFFORDABILITY. TECHNOLOGY.

Transsion Holdings provide ALL three...

You
BadBradley:
Transsion Holdings, Perhaps being the only GSM mobile manufacturing company that operates in 3 different brands, Tecno, Itel and infinix in the world, apparently in a bid to have the proverbial nine lives and seemingly seeking to take advantage of the underdevelop world, this company has launched an aggressive market campaign across Africa and other poor region of the world where consumers and experts don't have the expertise to critically appraise its products' features and claims.

It's surprising how the Chinese company failed to make its presence in China its home country with a huge market of over 1.2 billion people but came to Africa whose entire population doesn't quite measure up to China and whose political and economic stability is less predictable than China's.

A company that rarely, if ever, uses the chipset of world leaders like Qualcomm or Exynos on its phones or, the screen protective layer from global standards setter, Corning, or the class leading mobile screen technology like Amoled or LCD 3, it is no wonder no reputable mobile phone website ever lists Tecno, Infinix or Itel amongst items for review.

Worse still this is a brand that can't handle large storage Micro SD card of 64 to 126gb without dragging its fluidity down or shutting down the phone. This is a company that doesn't have its own ecosystem or backup services or cloud storage like other Android manufacturers like  LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc

The listed pixel count at the back of camera doesn't reflect the quality expected and non-Adroid models have the exact same UX and UI of clone, fake phones that immitated Nokia Series 30 and 60 phones back in 2005 and 2006 across Africa.

To cap it all up, Tecno which has more customers in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia has chosen to set up a manufacturing plant in Ethiopia while targeting the market here in Nigeria.

So Nigerians will be paying more to get their subpar Tecno, Itel and Infinix phones while indirectly growing the economy of Ethiopia.

Perhaps its battery life is a strong selling point but again, what's the use of a long lasting battery without exciting features to power?

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by ubev01(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2018
Op for clarification, Transsion is not the 1st or only company to run a 3 company strategy. Check BBK, they own Oppo, Vivo and Oneplus
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 23, 2018
Queenpresh611:
Itel mobile was the first mobile phone to beat all other phone like Samsung
Itel mobile Is affordable and smooth
They make phone to suite my taste
Have you read the history
If you do you won't say that

Now this is the ***************** comment I've ever read. Seriously? I've been supporting Trassion phones on this thread but this is the kind of comment that just make me weak and give Trassion haters reason to talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Joafjoe2018(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2018
I think itel deserves some accolades these days with their latest products, even their latest product deserves kudos as it is running on the latest OS of Android 8.1 Oreo Go Edition, the cheapest Android phone to have fingerprint scanner, that's itel A32F

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nnnena(f): 1:04pm On May 23, 2018
BadBradley:

dear poster how many phones has your country produced. what about blackberry, nokia, htc and other brands of phones we are using in Nigeria is it from our dear country. poster be wise before posting.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Itzskinah: 1:04pm On May 23, 2018
For other brands aint sure of them because av never used them but talking about itel..... You need to join so you can enjoy what u av been missing..... Action speaks better try the A'series or the S' series of itel then you understand better
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Joafjoe2018(m): 1:04pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Now this is the ***************** comment I've ever read. Seriously? I've been supporting Trassion phones on this thread but this is the kind of comment that just make me weak and give Trassion haters reason to talk.

Like seriously I don't understand you
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by leom007(m): 1:06pm On May 23, 2018
This post is threat to the aforementioned phone manufacturers especially ItelMobile.

I've been using Itel product, got reviews from users... and I've never seen any who regret using itelMobile.

if you're paid to pull down itelMobile, believe me, kolewerk.

itelMobile is the only brand here in Nigeria that makes, even a 3rd class citizen to afford the latest trending mobile gadget.

take a look of iPhone product that has fingerprint, cost 80,000+ but ItelA32F is just 25,500 with Android go and fingerprint...

propagate a story that catch not a story that crush.
I stand to support ItelMobile.
#ismaofficial
#leom
#itelmobileng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Itzskinah: 1:07pm On May 23, 2018
Queenpresh611:
Should we steal to buy Samsung phones That cost like a year of my school fees When I can do the same thing on my itel phone
I tire ooooo
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Omachi006(f): 1:08pm On May 23, 2018
OK, fine. Let's say that is truly his point. But bros, I believe you are a free-thinking person and that you're aware of the myriads of problems we have in Nigeria. From the high rates of unemployment, power failure, lack of security, and more, would YOU, want to establish a manufacturing plant here? In a country where a large percent of leaders are more concerned with filling their pockets and leaving their constituencies to suffer for it? Would you open a plant where your materials can be stolen with impunity and the government would rather sit back than help you out?

Would you still fault them?

If you didn't know, the company behind these phones employs hundreds of people in Nigeria which is great. From promoters, marketers, accountants, engineers, etc, they are actually contributing to the social and economic landscape beyond ways that feeble minds can grasp.

So bros, point or no point, itel, Infinix and Tecno phones are affordable and are fine with Nigerians. Cheers.

ubev01:
you missed his point i believe. He said there are more users in Nigeria than the entire population of Ethiopia. So Nigeria deserves a manufacturing plant ahead of Ethiopia. That's his point, tackle that. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Infinix Note 5 Stylus Mall Activation In Lagos / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.