Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands (15807 Views)

Tecno, Infinix And Itel Are Not Used In China Where They Are Produced / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Sophiaben: 4:59pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

What gibberish are u saying? How much is itel even paying u to make fool of urself. Chai. See below my original comment and show me where I condemned any brand. Anybody is free to buy what he wants.

But unlike u I don't open multiple accounts, I'm not any brand loyalist, I buy whatever suits me. Now who is the f00l here? Keep deceiving urself.
pls go and sleep... Itel product, Tecno product and Infinix product are good product to use... Oya produce ur own let's kw weda pple will recognise it...
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Kodjattson(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2018
Have you taken time to re-read your post?
I understand your frustrations and anger. However, you need to say what you know NOT what you think.

Are you inferring that iTel users or subscribers are those who voted in PMB?
Secondly, iTel has more sales in Nigeria than Samsung.
Thirdly, Tecno, iTel and Infinix are 'slowly' entering the South African market

HeyCorleone:

The reason why Itel even has customers is because a good majority of Nigerians are inherently stupid. They voted in an illiterate as their President. Why won't they buy Itel?.

Itel can't exist in South Africa. That country has good taste. You can't take a phone with products that degrade in months to SA. They won't approve it.

Nigerians are a fan of mediocrity, that's why Itel is having little sales.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2018
Solodex550:

How do you mean?
How many Itel products have you get hold of...
how much is the least Infinix product and Tecno product....

can you pls compare the Price of the least of these your best phones to that of Itel?

can you also compare the functions these phones perform based on usage and not manufacturer spec..I can honestly tell you Tecno is shit...

So what are you saying...?

recently Itel launched a fingerprint phone with Android 8.1 go edition just at the rate of #20,500 can you get Tecno/Infinix phone at such rate...wake up!

Between tecno, Infinix and itel. itel is by far the worst.

Just because it is cheap doesn't mean it has to be poor in spec. I won't say more than this.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 23, 2018
Sophiaben:
pls go and sleep... Itel product, Tecno product and Infinix product are good product to use... Oya produce ur own let's kw weda pple will recognise it...

Receive sense. Where in my posts did I say their products are not good?
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Otunba40940222: 5:18pm On May 23, 2018
I remember back then when GSM was introduced to Nigerians, so many people couldn't enjoy it because of the high price . how many people could afford common Nokia 3310 let alone bigger phones...
Almost a decade later ,things started changing and with the help of product like itel and the likes ,majority of Nigerians could then afford to enjoy the benefit of modern day communication.
Even, the first mobile phone my late dad bought for me was an itel phone because of its durability, affordability and so on.
Now, with the help of these brands especially itel, everybody can now enjoy every bit of modern communication. Talk about Android phones, Tablets and the likes.
With respect to other product, If not for itel and so the likes, do you know that so many people will not be able to buy android let alone, tablet
What is it that this company itel has done well to win the heart of majority and win the mobile phone market...
1) Consistency : They have been consistent in the market always hitting the market with good product regularly and consistently.
2) Affordability: itel phones are very affordable considering the economic situation and low standard of living in this country.
3)Durability: itel phones are what Yoruba people call (o jabo ko fo) very durable,long lasting products. itel phones including android and tablets have the following features
a)longevity
b)toughness
c)robustness
d)resilience
e)imperishability
Infact ,itel phones have abilityt to remain functional, without requiring excessive maintenance or repair compared to other products.
I don't know who came up with this ,and I don't know how much the person collected to do this, but one thing is sure, itel phones remain the best brand that is affordable, durable and acceptable to all and sundry. So someone "thinking through his anus" shouldn't come and start telling us what is not
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by FrancisStryker: 5:18pm On May 23, 2018
I wasn't surprised when buhari talk about Nigerian Youth being lazy because I know � we had someone like you just re read your thread again.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:
Very very stupid thread. So let's say I have 40k and want to walk into a shop and buy a decent phone, @op come and show me the Samsung, HTC or Sony phone that I can buy for that amount. Or must I have 100k and above before I can use a phone?

I know where this thread is going. I know it's leaning thowards xiaomi. But I will say it again, let xiaomi open their offices in Nigeria, let them pay the tax tecno and infinix are paying, let them employ Nigerians, sponsor events etc. That is the only time I will credit them. Yes they make better phones than tecno and infinix at good prices, but that is mainly because their devices are shipped from overseas, no tax is paid. Where was xiaomi in those days when an ordinary man in Nigeria couldn't afford a smartphone?
That is xiaomi's strategy of keeping prices low and this thing doesn't affect nigeria only, others are happy to buy them but una want computer village shutdown with dancers and loudspeakers...what is nigerians problem with shops....or you think tecno and the likes give a damn about you and still give you overpriced substandard phone? Lol
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 5:24pm On May 23, 2018
Queenpresh611:
Itel mobile was the first mobile phone to beat all other phone like Samsung
Itel mobile Is affordable and smooth
They make phone to suite my taste
Have you read the history
If you do you won't say that
Im curious, enlighten me
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by jetz(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
This thread don reach page six jeez tis is serious, enjoying my peace with ma redmi 5 jeje grin grin grin
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Otunba40940222: 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
Anybody no matter how highly placed ,powerful, wealthy, fetish and so on that is not pleased seeing smiles on the masses faces brought by itel mobile should go to hell and die. We are pleased with itel brand and products. As a matter of fact, we use our money to buy not your ill-gotten wealth.so just go to hell .
Itel will continue to put smile on our faces with their product
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by horlahwaley(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2018
eversince i bought my note4, it has being serving its purpose efficiently, galaxy A7 2017 of my friend camera is not as good as the note4, she always have to borrow. my phone to take a selfie. both have the same specs. note 4 cost 56k and galaxy A7 100k plus.

infinix and tecno are not bad the way people like op make it seems
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2018
Otunba40940222:
Anybody no matter how highly placed ,powerful, wealthy, fetish and so on that is not pleased seeing smiles on the masses faces brought by itel mobile should go to hell and die. We are pleased with itel brand and products. As a matter of fact, we use our money to buy not your ill-gotten wealth.so just go to hell .
Itel will continue to put smile on our faces with their product
A brand pays you 3k to curse people that dont agree with you? Reflecting the brand itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Agozyke(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2018
Listen up, Ever since I purchased my Itel s32, I have no regret whatsoever.so let's be real here...And stop spoiling market for ITEL
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by skino4united(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2018
Bro, without bias or prejudice, I use an infinix Zero 5 and you know how much that costs. I bought it for 105k December 2nd and is currently about 102k now. I could afford a Samsung or iPhone if I wanted one but I can't because they don't have a good life span. Show me someone that has used an iPhone, Samsung or HTC for 2 years without an issue, coupled with their wack batteries that can explode anytime. Infinix, Tecno and the likes came to the Nigerian market to open our blind eyes to the fact that those so called big brands that u're referring to are just extorting us for nothing. So you think infinix or tecno can't manufacture a phone at par with the galaxy S9 or iPhone X?
Think again bro, if infinix was to manufacture a phone like galaxy S9 or iPhone X, do you know how much it would cost?
Infinix and Tecno's core objective is to give us devices oth great specs at the least price possible. You're just shouting Samsung, iPhone, HTC, d[color=#000099][/color]o you even know the best phone in the world currently? I have a lot to say but no much time to argue blindly so I reserve my comments for now. Let me enjoy my cheap 105k Infinix Zero 5 in peace. Do you even know there are some features some infinix phones have that supersede your so called big brands flagship. Think again and do some research
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 6:10pm On May 23, 2018
skino4united:
Bro, without bias or prejudice, I use an infinix Zero 5 and you know how much that costs. I bought it for 105k December 2nd and is currently about 102k now. I could afford a Samsung or iPhone if I wanted one but I can't because they don't have a good life span. Show me someone that has used an iPhone, Samsung or HTC for 2 years without an issue, coupled with their wack batteries that can explode anytime. Infinix, Tecno and the likes came to the Nigerian market to open our blind eyes to the fact that those so called big brands that u're referring to are just extorting us for nothing. So you think infinix or tecno can't manufacture a phone at par with the galaxy S9 or iPhone X?
Think again bro, if infinix was to manufacture a phone like galaxy S9 or iPhone X, do you know how much it would cost?
Infinix and Tecno's core objective is to give us devices oth great specs at the least price possible. You're just shouting Samsung, iPhone, HTC, d[color=#000099][/color]o you even know the best phone in the world currently? I have a lot to say but no much time to argue blindly so I reserve my comments for now. Let me enjoy my cheap 105k Infinix Zero 5 in peace. Do you even know there are some features some infinix phones have that supersede your so called big brands flagship. Think again and do some research
Yes They opened our eyes to the extortion but they themselves are now extorting us.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

A brand pays you 3k to curse people that dont agree with you? Reflecting the brand itself.

I just weak. The dude practically opened more than 10 accounts today for this, I wonder how much Itel is paying him.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

That is xiaomi's strategy of keeping prices low and this thing doesn't affect nigeria only, others are happy to buy them but una want computer village shutdown with dancers and loudspeakers...what is nigerians problem with shops....or you think tecno and the likes give a damn about you and still give you overpriced substandard phone? Lol

Every OEM to his strategy. Tecno saw a market here and took the bold step to invest in it. They have a lot of Nigerians on their payroll. The computer village shutdown is a strategy and its working for them. I care less about any brand but I will not be little any brand just for the sake of it. tecno, Infinix, Itel have stepped up their game (though Itel still have a long way to go). I've seen a couple of Xiaomi phones and they are pretty good especially in performance and battery life, camera wise not so good. But let's say my phone broke and I need to buy a new phone right now and I have 40-50k, what phone would u recommend. I mean I want it right now and start using it today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by zzzzy: 6:33pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Now this is the ***************** comment I've ever read. Seriously? I've been supporting Trassion phones on this thread but this is the kind of comment that just make me weak and give Trassion haters reason to talk.
asin eh, the funny part is that this their ad strategy isn't even effective, just a bunch of trolls.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Solodex550(m): 6:38pm On May 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:

The reason why Itel even has customers is because a good majority of Nigerians are inherently stupid. They voted in an illiterate as their President. Why won't they buy Itel?.

Itel can't exist in South Africa. That country has good taste. You can't take a phone with products that degrade in months to SA. They won't approve it.

Nigerians are a fan of mediocrity, that's why Itel is having little sales.

Permit me to call you a fool for that.

Itel is one of the phone raining in SA if not number 1. check that out yourself.

join Itel mobile and stop criticising
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by wandecoalic(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2018
I have been an Itel user from day 1, I never had issues with my smartphones before. Itel is a very rugged and affordable phone for the mid class and the masses. you don't have to condemn other products because you can afford the expensive one.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Naphkriezy: 6:49pm On May 23, 2018
My guy those phones like LG, Samsung and co are very expensive and not everybody has the financial power to get them. So phones like itel makes life easier for us. Its cheap and is a joy to behold. My guys make those phones adjust. If they are not affordable and good for us then no using them. For me I love itel phones ooo.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Every OEM to his strategy. Tecno saw a market here and took the bold step to invest in it. They have a lot of Nigerians on their payroll. The computer village shutdown is a strategy and its working for them. I care less about any brand but I will not be little any brand just for the sake of it. tecno, Infinix, Itel have stepped up their game (though Itel still have a long way to go). I've seen a couple of Xiaomi phones and they are pretty good especially in performance and battery life, camera wise not so good. But let's say my phone broke and I need to buy a new phone right now and I have 40-50k, what phone would u recommend. I mean I want it right now and start using it today.
There are sellers on the xiaomi thread that have it readily available if you're talking about xiaomi.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 6:55pm On May 23, 2018
Itel marketers have raided this thread....i thought tecno ones were worse
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by zzzzy: 7:06pm On May 23, 2018
skino4united:
this post is just wrong on different levels that I don't where to start, 1st of all show me someone with infinix for upto 2 yrs without problems (I know a lot using Samsung). Infinix and tecno came here to make profit not open eyes or whatever, they saw a large market whose masses are just getting acquainted with smart phones (formerly symbian and Nokia were the norm), they saw the market had power problems and poor purchasing power, a market that mostly doesn't care about processors, graphics, stuff like amoled, gorilla glass, usb c and so on. Guess what, they took advantage, take away the specs the market don't care about, make those the market care about a selling point. And ofc they extorted, if you can't extort from your market, you should review you business model . Talking of them making devices like Samsung, they can't and that's because they would spend so much money that they wouldn't get back and your last statement of features that infinix supersede big brands, grin
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Forpink2: 7:06pm On May 23, 2018
i have never been a fan of these brands tho
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

There are sellers on the xiaomi thread that have it readily available if you're talking about xiaomi.

Which of the shops? I'm talking about walking into a shop, see what I want to buy, if possible play with the display unite, pay, get my device with warranty and walk out.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:
Itel marketers have raided this thread....i thought tecno ones were worse

Actually its just 1 or 2 low life Itel markers making a f00l of himself/themselves with different accounts. Check their profile u will see most of the accts were opened today specifically for this thread.
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Phantom2(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2018
these itel People no go wound me with laugh grin well.... every alfa to his kettle

Solodex550:

Itel is one of the phone raining in SA if not number 1. check that out yourself.
stop lying to make your point, itel isn't even top 10 in S.A.
http://gs.statcounter.com/vendor-market-share/mobile/south-africa

and they're even behind Samsung in Nigeria and have slow growth compared to other Transsion brands
http://gs.statcounter.com/vendor-market-share/mobile/nigeria
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 7:59pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Which of the shops? I'm talking about walking into a shop, see what I want to buy, if possible play with the display unite, pay, get my device with warranty and walk out.
Lol cant help you...im actually uncomfortable suggesting something i cant use
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 23, 2018
adamix:

Lol cant help you...im actually uncomfortable suggesting something i cant use

Ehen, now u see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by adamix(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Ehen, now u see
I get your point, it matters to you, it doesn't matter to me...my third xiaomi device, every wait for the device was worth it....
Re: Why Every Sensible Nigerian Should Avoid Tecno, Infinix And Itel Brands by HeyCorleone(m): 8:22pm On May 23, 2018
Solodex550:

Lol. This is how Itel goes about its Jihad? By insulting people to join them?

Your parents are fools for not preventing your birth. Your dad was a fool for not using a condom. Your mom was a fool for not aborting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.