Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying (38051 Views)

Why Do Divorced People Always Remarry,i Don't Get It / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / Divorced Summed Up In Seven Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by anigold(m): 5:20pm On May 23, 2018
I think everything boils down to understanding and love.. because everyone has a red flag. But some red flags are not to be touched example lying,cheating and unforgiving spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by lastmessenger: 5:21pm On May 23, 2018
soledayo:
This is exactly how it is. I noticed stuffs like but went ahead... Short of it all....just managing my marriage. God help me.
take hear bro.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 23, 2018
mean is mean.... just had a similar experience last week. I am not sure I will get back.

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by ChiefSweetus: 5:22pm On May 23, 2018
I'm a 4-time divorcee cry

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Idrismusty97(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
Her family. I thought a rose had grown from sh*t. I was wrong. It was a sh*t garden that grew nothing else.
Boy! That escalated quickly cheesy.

But marriage is hardwork, Just thinking that that woman is who you are gonna spend your entire life with scare the shît out of me. And i see people jumping cluelessly into it without any proactive measures despite all red signs forming love. But then there is divorce, But divorce doesn't works well when you already have kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Babaolorioko(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
koikoi2:
Rubbish. Flimsy reasons.

I just hope and pray you don't look and remember some of this advice [color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 23, 2018
Great. thread AND very realistic.

Very potent set of words. Just sit. Or 'Just rest'. This advice you gave is wisdom (or revelation), so simple, yet powerful.

I had same revelation from God. Quite literally. There was a time (quite recently) I was praying to God for a husband. And later, the next day, very early in the morning as I was waking up, though still sub-conscious, I distinctly heard "I will bring him while (and when) you are resting.

When I fully woke up, I knew immediately, that was the audible voice of God (which I have come to hear more often. I asked God for some explanation. And, I got one. Resting, not literal for sleep. But, just means- sit still. Stop striving. Just be. And, what will be will be.

Today my new motto in life is this: whatever has my name on it (love, people, wealth...), will find me. Emphasis on "find me". Amen.

Rapsino:
Nice word. So many people r getting married because of children, money n time (especially girls ask linda) not because of love. My believe has always been "let love find yhu". As a young man of 27 I don't have a girlfriend not because I can't but because I am sitting waiting for the my love to come. Yes I am sitting. Of course I do relate with girls, but I am not putting force. If I approach you to be a friend and u r acting reluctant n running away. I move on. I know one day there will be one that I will approach and I will not force myself for attention and I will get it. That girl will be my wife. My advice to young guys is don't waste your time toasting a lady upandan. Sit

9 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by afos002: 5:27pm On May 23, 2018
newsynews:
Some divorced people on AskReddit have shared what they see as red flags in a relationship which they say people preparing to get married should not ignore.

https://www.wotzup.ng/15-divorced-people-reveal-subtle-red-flags-ignored-before-marrying/
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by pocohantas(f): 5:27pm On May 23, 2018
majekdom2:
mean is mean.... just had a similar experience last week. I am not sure I will get back.

Share with us... smiley
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Idrismusty97(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
I'm a 4-time divorcee cry
Congrats.

"A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether."
-Roy H. Williams

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Paperwhite(m): 5:30pm On May 23, 2018
Timely advice!
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Godson201333(m): 5:30pm On May 23, 2018
Number 15 is true,I have never see a relationship whereby Mum gives warnings and the relationship last..

6 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 23, 2018
pocohantas:

Share with us... smiley
hahaha, I don't ''publicize'' relationship events. we can do private grin
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by tydi(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Everybody gave red painted all over them here. You just gotta take that step and hope for the best.

my sister ,how can you hope for the best when you see the red flag, let me put it this way
you caught your fiance on fone making a call with an unknown person in a hidden place ,u came asked him whom he was with on the fone, he told you his sister , and u came to be a close pal to the sister , u later called his sister asking him after his brother when last ,she heard from him ,she said quite a while(2weeeks ago) , so you are to go ahead and marry the guy believing that he is to be a truthful person and hoping for the best of truths from him.

else the person is desperate to get married.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Oreofepeters: 5:31pm On May 23, 2018
okay
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by faithfull18(f): 5:33pm On May 23, 2018
Hmm, love is blind, marriage opens the eyes.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On May 23, 2018
majekdom2:
hahaha, I don't ''publicize'' relationship events. we can do private grin

But you've publicised some in the past.
I am sure of one where you talked about a self-centred gf.

I am waiting... smiley
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by tydi(m): 5:37pm On May 23, 2018
anigold:
I think everything boils down to understanding and love.. because everyone has a red flag. But some red flags are not to be touched example lying,cheating and unforgiving spirit.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by tydi(m): 5:37pm On May 23, 2018
anigold:

what would you say about forgiving but not forgetting?
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by oruma19: 5:38pm On May 23, 2018
Truth is that, @ least one of these red flags show up in every relationship heading to the alter, some survived and are a perfect union while others collapsed. In the end, it is the lord that perfects everything that concerns us. Marriage is a very big risk, u either lose or gain, I gained, bless the lord oh my soul. ...

4 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by teamsynergy: 5:40pm On May 23, 2018
Silvermoney:

I don't want a sexually charged wife. All these women who are always hot and ready for action scare me marriage wise. When you have children, flabby body sets in, post baby big stomach that is almost permanent with many women, and overfamiliarity blurs the initial lust and attractiveness. Your desire to have sex with her as a man would drop. And yet she would still expect you to be pumping her regularly with the vigor you would if you meet a new sexy 22 year old girl. Simply not possible.

It doesn't work. I don't want that at all.

and you think her sexual desire wont reduce too? or your body won't age too.... I hope u don't cheat on your wife when she starts having babies cos that seems repulsive to u

5 Likes

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 23, 2018
pocohantas:

But you've publicised some in the past.
I am sure of one were you talked about a self-centred gf.

I am waiting... smiley
publicised - as in full events like the ones that make front page and asking for advice.... grin naaaaa. I follow instincts rather than ask for advice as no one will understand how you feel.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 23, 2018
tydi:

my sister ,how can you hope for the best when you see the red flag, let me put it this way
you caught your fiance on fone making a call with an unknown person in a hidden place ,u came asked him whom he was with on the fone, he told you his sister , and u came to be a close pal to the sister , u later called his sister asking him after his brother when last ,she heard from him ,she said quite a while(2weeeks ago) , so you are to go ahead and marry the guy believing that he is to be a truthful person and hoping for the best of truths from him.

else the person is desperate to get married.
You asking means you don't even trust your fiancee.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by jaxxy(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2018
All great advices to me born out of experience

No.6 tho lol
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by pocohantas(f): 5:44pm On May 23, 2018
majekdom2:
publicised - as in full events like the ones that make front page and asking for advice.... grin naaaaa. I follow instincts rather than ask for advice as no one will understand how you feel.

But we are not asking for advice na. I just want to learn from your story, let me know if m bf falls in that category.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by ImaIma1(f): 5:45pm On May 23, 2018
Silvermoney:

I don't want a sexually charged wife. All these women who are always hot and ready for action scare me marriage wise. When you have children, flabby body sets in, post baby big stomach that is almost permanent with many women, and overfamiliarity blurs the initial lust and attractiveness. Your desire to have sex with her as a man would drop. And yet she would still expect you to be pumping her regularly with the vigor you would if you meet a new sexy 22 year old girl. Simply not possible.

It doesn't work. I don't want that at all.

cheesy cheesy

If you marry someone you truly love, you will be blind to some things. What of those that had sex all through the pregnancy amidst the throwing up and big belly cheesy wink

Besides, help her to lose the belly fat. Let her know your feelings towards it. Not all women even retain it.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by anigold(m): 5:47pm On May 23, 2018
tydi:

what would you say about forgiving but not forgetting?
it's almost impossible to forget completely,if someone defrauded you of millions u can forgive the person to forget what happened is almost impossible.. the issue is don't keep malice..

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by Oritzy: 5:49pm On May 23, 2018
MarieSucre:

Sorry about your marriage, have you tried to go for marriage counseling.
I have followed you closely ans I have realized that despite being a feminist you are a very unbiased realistic woman with a big heart. You should be a coach people will learn alot from you.
Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by mKc9ET(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2018
Rapsino:
Nice word. So many people r getting married because of children, money n time (especially girls ask linda) not because of love. My believe has always been "let love find yhu". As a young man of 27 I don't have a girlfriend not because I can't but because I am sitting waiting for the my love to come. Yes I am sitting. Of course I do relate with girls, but I am not putting force. If I approach you to be a friend and u r acting reluctant n running away. I move on. I know one day there will be one that I will approach and I will not force myself for attention and I will get it. That girl will be my wife. My advice to young guys is don't waste your time toasting a lady upandan. Sit

Word

1 Like

Re: 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying by tydi(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You asking means you don't even trust your fiancee.

sister truth be told I don't even trust myself ,reason I follow my instincts, trust is not something you buy in a mall nor pick up ,its something we earn!
our own so called instincts fail us most times.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Fights Her Husband After She Was Told To Pack Out. Photos / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? / Entire Family Members Dead In Abia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.