Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited (77621 Views)

Tension In Onitsha Market Over Lga’s Planned Demolition Of Shops / Rising Ethnic Tension Between Hausa And Fulani By Farooq A. Kperogi / Peter Obi Visits Scene Of The Fire Incident At Onitsha Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by AlNur: 4:40pm On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
very good. so if you believe that that the niger deltans are igbos, why hasnt any of the igbo men who own oil wells established or invested in the 9ja delta?

why are they referred to as ndi mba mmiri? would you also accept that tag? it is stereotypical, my friend.
it would be hard for you all to accept people from ndi mba mmiri as in-laws.

the fact that they speak igbo does not make them igbos. their igbo is totally different. you cana hardly understand what someone from ukwani speaks. you cannot understand kwale.

same goes for itshekiri. they also speak yoruba. which I do not understand. ilaje as well is yoruba which i do not understand. can i begin to claim ilaje or itshekiri because I am yoruba? that is a different state altogether.

the port harcourt that you mentioned also have many other languages that you do not understand. ijaw, ogoni, ikwerre are not igbo. you cannot understand those languages. so are you basing ownership on language? then we are also british because we speak english.

if there is anything that the yoruba are guilty of i will be the first to condemn it. if you told me what a yoruba man did to you i will condemn him to his very face. I challenge many people i know and meet. I am not into the tribe thing. it is distasteful to me.

my comment is as a result of how the reporter reported the thing. he was tribal in the first place

We speak English because britain colonized us for centuries! there is no known record of igbos colonizing any group or sub group in Nigeria. So we never forced our language on anybody they speak it because its their root language.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Cisco2(m): 5:26pm On May 24, 2018
Lightening:

Who sabotages more than Yoruba Muslims?
am an igbo and i know what saying
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Fatherofdragons: 5:49pm On May 24, 2018
Cisco2:
am an igbo and i know what saying
I am igbo
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by selemempe: 5:59pm On May 24, 2018
QuotaSystem:

I know e dey pain u. Ur nonsense tribe is largely ignored on nairaland and generally viewed by Yoruba, Igbo, Nigerdelter and middlebelt alike as the major trouble with nigeria. U must be bored...so u try to insinuate urself into everything. Dont worry Igbo and yoruba will sort demselves out one day and finally table ur matter. Niger republic go be like London compared to u guys when wd finally talk ur issue

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Cisco2(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

I am igbo
Gratias.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by AmALeo: 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
firstly, this is an abuse of the military. an insult to the Nigerian military. that the military would be called to a trivial case like this is abhorring. this is a chairman's case.

secondly, the reporter is biased. we do not know what happened really. some igbo men are known to display hostility toward northerners or other tribes who do not speak igbo. they feel superior to everyone and want to get the first seat and they insult people for no reason.

thirdly, this might chase many customers away. igbo men make a lot of cash from hausa customers.

everything is translated into tribe and racism. I do not see it happening here. the hausa man does not speak igbo and the mob might have scared him. if I were the one i would definitely do the same. because the people in that onitsha market act too wise and too aggressive.

i love the way they stood up against the military and this is a warning to other clients that the military does not have the ultimate power. they will surely try to solve the issues before it escalates.

but where is the chairman's presence all along? all customers should know who to report to when they face unfair treatment. the reason this case got to the chairman's office is that the military got involved. would the chairman have paid any attention had the military not come?

is there a hotline that customers can reach to report any challenge?

is the chairman's office at a visible range or central location that customers can easily reach?

the fact is that the chairman allows traders to sell fake good and write fake invoice. many people have fallen victims to onitsha marketers. they all know but they think that they are smarter than everyone else. when one is faced with a case like that only the military intervention is sure.

you can quote and insult me but the truth never changes.

the one that hausa man did is worthy of an announcement. but the crimes committed in onithsa market daily is called wisdom. the fake goods and fake drugs sold there to kill people. why is no one reporting it?

if you stand up to military provocation against one igbo man, what stops you from standing up against the thousands of innocent people dying from fake goods and fake drugs produced in onitsha market?
that is what honesty is all about i guess.

I RATE YOU ONE OF THE MOST SENSIBLE MEN ON NL

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 24, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

So, how do you think splitting the country would help?

The South East cannot even stand as a country; it is just a group of people with mostly naturally different cultures, histories and language. It is the same in the South West and North. To get the gains of splitting the country, we would need to split into over 400 countries. Yorubaland, for instance, comprised many kingdoms with cultural and historical differences and it is the same with what is today Igboland and Hausaland. If we can't split the country to truly create nations with same cultures and histories, then, our best bet is to try and live together peacefully, in spite of our differences.

I don't like reading rubbish
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 24, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

They didn't fare any better as a country. Read a balanced account of the war, Half of a Yellow Sun, for instance, and you would see that the young Biafran country was already fraught with corruption, nepotism, misappropriation of relief materials by highly placed Biafran officials, military brutality (Biafran soldiers manhandling Biafran citizens), tribalism (some Biafrans refusing to be seen with Biafrans from Asaba) and every other ills that had and still plagues our country, Nigeria. Supposing the Biafran struggle was successful, Biafra would still have split up because of issues of ethnicity and marginalization.

history book from ijebu ode

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by apatheticme(f): 8:13pm On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
firstly, this is an abuse of the military. an insult to the Nigerian military. that the military would be called to a trivial case like this is abhorring. this is a chairman's case.

secondly, the reporter is biased. we do not know what happened really. some igbo men are known to display hostility toward northerners or other tribes who do not speak igbo. they feel superior to everyone and want to get the first seat and they insult people for no reason.

thirdly, this might chase many customers away. igbo men make a lot of cash from hausa customers.

everything is translated into tribe and racism. I do not see it happening here. the hausa man does not speak igbo and the mob might have scared him. if I were the one i would definitely do the same. because the people in that onitsha market act too wise and too aggressive.

i love the way they stood up against the military and this is a warning to other clients that the military does not have the ultimate power. they will surely try to solve the issues before it escalates.

but where is the chairman's presence all along? all customers should know who to report to when they face unfair treatment. the reason this case got to the chairman's office is that the military got involved. would the chairman have paid any attention had the military not come?

is there a hotline that customers can reach to report any challenge?

is the chairman's office at a visible range or central location that customers can easily reach?

the fact is that the chairman allows traders to sell fake good and write fake invoice. many people have fallen victims to onitsha marketers. they all know but they think that they are smarter than everyone else. when one is faced with a case like that only the military intervention is sure.

you can quote and insult me but the truth never changes.

the one that hausa man did is worthy of an announcement. but the crimes committed in onithsa market daily is called wisdom. the fake goods and fake drugs sold there to kill people. why is no one reporting it?

if you stand up to military provocation against one igbo man, what stops you from standing up against the thousands of innocent people dying from fake goods and fake drugs produced in onitsha market?
that is what honesty is all about i guess.

Great comments! Best I've read here in a while. I wish the country had more people like u, maybe things would have been better.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by kolawoleibukun2: 9:20pm On May 24, 2018
The easterners are not known to be fishermen. it is on the record. you feed on bushmeat. anu nchi and mbgada. I used to eat those in Enugu and and Anambra those days.
so if you are trying to claim ndi mba mmiri then you are hypocritical. the average perception of the igbo man regarding ndi mba mmiri is outrageously alarming
they speak that language because of trade my dear. people from ondo speak Edo language does not make them Edo. Some Israelis living in Gaza speak Arabic.

the igbos have dominated themselves. see how you use your fellow man do boy for house. see how girls are used and dumped like stinking meat.
AlNur:
We speak English because britain colonized us for centuries! there is no known record of igbos colonizing any group or sub group in Nigeria. So we never forced our language on anybody they speak it because its their root language.
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by kolawoleibukun2: 9:24pm On May 24, 2018
if poverty increase in the west then it is now because for decades the igbos have referred to the west as land of opportunities. we give you our land and everything we have. but that is love. you come and want to kick us out that is evil.
day there day count british and equiano. not to take anything away from the igbos becos i see say ur aim na to disintegrate nigeria but e no go work. if u don tire for nigeria go chad

post=67842693:

Ignorant old foo.l, missionaries and colonial masters brought education to African od.e, Olaudah Equiano an Igbo man was first black to received Western education and also demanded for his freedom, Igbo man was first indigenous VC of university of Ibadan, Igbo man was first VC of university of Lagos, you are so draft to believe coco was funding Southern economy, go read history book to understand what palm oil and other agro products from east contributed old foo.l, dumb please can you define landlock for me? Coco farmers in west now are in penury, there are high rate of lazy youths in west, southwest have the highest numbers of beggers after North, you are so dumb not to know Professor Kenneth Dike who published the first account of trade in Nigeria in pre-colonial times, at least you can count or name ritual activities in southeast, but in Yoruba land where do we start? ritual in west is daily activities, it's occupation over there, we talk of ritual dens in your enclave, your people are known for fraud, should I remind you how your tribes man hacked British soldier head on street of London on day light, go and check the statistics recently published by NDLA west are highest drugs dealers in Nigeria, old foo.l drugs doesn't end on cocaine, outside Lagos which all tribes contributed, poverty is sweeping aggressively in west.

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by ariesbull: 9:35pm On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
The easterners are not known to be fishermen. it is on the record. you feed on bushmeat. anu nchi and mbgada. I used to eat those in Enugu and and Anambra those days.
so if you are trying to claim ndi mba mmiri then you are hypocritical. the average perception of the igbo man regarding ndi mba mmiri is outrageously alarming
they speak that language because of trade my dear. people from ondo speak Edo language does not make them Edo. Some Israelis living in Gaza speak Arabic.

the igbos have dominated themselves. see how you use your fellow man do boy for house. see how girls are used and dumped like stinking meat.

I can categorically say that this dude is jobless....your still ranting since morning...just look at the number of post

Get a job bro ....leave Igbo matter alone ..let's make the best out of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
if poverty increase in the west then it is now because for decades the igbos have referred to the west as land of opportunities. we give you our land and everything we have. but that is love. you come and want to kick us out that is evil.
day there day count british and equiano. not to take anything away from the igbos becos i see say ur aim na to disintegrate nigeria but e no go work. if u don tire for nigeria go chad

Old foo.l Igbo goes to Lagos because it was former capital, and was developed with nation common wealth, Igbos control commerce in your region and owns highest number of Indigenous firms, this is main reasons you guys hate Igbos, funny of it, you guys refused to learn, Igbo's can't be cage, your father and ancestors have done worst during and after the civil war to Igbos, Igbos are waxing strong, no blackmail both offline and online can deterred us, those before you have done worst, what is the result today, Igbos are doing great, come to East those who see themselves as masters are the ones shining our shoes, gate men and all kinds of minal jobs, their slaves, you.r brothers and sisters are the ones carrying loads in markets, while their men are walking rounds streets in the east with one plastic battle in the name of selling fake harbal drugs, I wonder how you are better than the east? In west we now have social almajiries. Tell me who is progessing and retrogressing in your one Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by oooduancalmdown: 11:26pm On May 24, 2018
post=67853119:

Old foo.l Igbo goes to Lagos because it was former capital, and was developed with nation common wealth, Igbos control commerce in your region and owns highest number of Indigenous firms, this is main reasons you guys hate Igbos, funny of it, you guys have refused to learn, Igbo's can't be cage, your father and ancestors have done worst during and after the civil war to Igbos, Igbos are waxing strong, no blackmail both offline and online can deterred us, those before you have done worst, what is the result today, Igbos are doing great, come to East those who see themselves as masters are the ones shining our shoes, gate men and all kinds of minal jobs, their slaves, you.r brothers and sisters are the ones carrying loads in markets, while their men are walking rounds streets in the east with one plastic battle in the name of selling fake harbal drugs, I wonder how you are better than the east? In west we now have social almajiries. Tell me who is progessing and retrogressing in your one Nigeria
Igbos have the highest number of indigenous firms. Can you imagine the lie from this pathetic eboe clown? Is it the Lagos I live or the one in your useless iboland? You seem to have easily forgotten how your flat-head was compressed by Yoruba people when you brought this same topic last year. If not for the mods, I would have compressed that osu flat-head you have.
Shameless pathetic liar.
Osu pig.
South Africans are killing your useless eboe youths because of the crime they commit there. Everyday, useless Eboe youth are caught trafficking drugs to Asia.
Useless concaine tribe claiming they are industrious.
Pigs

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:33pm On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Igbos have the highest number of indigenous firms. Can you imagine the lie from this pathetic eboe clown? Is it the Lagos I live or the one in your useless iboland? You seem to have easily forgotten how your flat-head was compressed by Yoruba people when you brought this same topic last year. If not for the mods, I would have compressed that osu flat-head you have.
Shameless pathetic liar.
Osu pig.
South Africans are killing your useless eboe youths because of the crime they commit there. Everyday, useless Eboe youth are caught trafficking drugs to Asia.
Pigs
Conehead, Igbos owns highest number of indigenous firms in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:38pm On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Shameless pathetic liar.
Osu pig.
Pigs
The numbers of your people heads hacking by your tribes men are more when compare with those caught in drugs, useless Yolluba youth, skull miner (vulture)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by oooduancalmdown: 11:42pm On May 24, 2018
They claim people envy their 'success'. A tribe well known to have the highest number of drug traffickers in Africa. Who can be jealous of such pathetic tribe. Their presence stink me. They blame everybody for everything. They claim to be superior but always cry victim. They say they want Biafra but won't hold their useless eboe leaders but instead the shameless clowns want Yoruba to give it to them. Confused clowns. They are in every thread spreading hate and attacking Yoruba people because they refused to vote for Jonathan. Because of an election they lost 3 years ago, they begin to hold rancour towards everyone. Yet, these pathetic eboe clowns are always the first to cry victim.
Losers. It sucks to be eboe. In fact, it is a curse to be born a eboe person. A big curse

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by oooduancalmdown: 11:46pm On May 24, 2018
post=67855123:

Conehead, Igbos owns highest number of indigenous firms in Nigeria
Osu it is a lie. Pathetic eboe clowns normally say to make themselves to feel happy.
Shameless and useless tribe. Flat-head

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
They claim people envy their 'success'. A tribe well known to have the highest number of drug traffickers in Africa. Who can be jealous of such pathetic tribe. Their presence stink me. They blame everybody for everything. They claim to be superior but always cry victim. They say they want Biafra but won't hold their useless eboe leaders but instead the shameless clowns want Yoruba to give it to them. Confused clowns. They are in every thread spreading hate and attacking Yoruba people because they refused to vote for Jonathan. Because of an election they lost 3 years ago, they begin to hold rancour towards everyone. Yet, these pathetic eboe clowns are always the first to cry victim.
Losers. It sucks to be eboe. In fact, it is a curse to be born a eboe person. A big curse
Od.e checkout statistics released by NDLA, you tribe is leading, drugs doesn't start and end with cocaine, should I remind you that your tribe also top on list of prisoners by state of Origin after north? vulture

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:54pm On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Osu it is a lie. Pathetic eboe clowns normally say to make themselves to feel happy.
Shameless and useless tribe. Flat-head
Vulture view more

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by oooduancalmdown: 11:55pm On May 24, 2018
I will always say it that the devil created these creatures known as eboes. Whenever I see an eboe person, I just feel irritated. I don't consider these people humans at all. I see them as sub human. To show how they stink my presence, if I see someone dying and I notice the person is Eboe, I will simply allow the eboe bastard to die. They irritate me to the bone.
Develish creatures

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:55pm On May 24, 2018
post=67855413:

Vulture view more

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2018
[quote author=oooduancalmdown post=67855427]I will always say it that the devil created these
Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
I will always say it that the devil created these creatures known as eboes. Whenever I see an eboe person, I just feel irritated. I don't consider these people humans at all. I see them as sub human. To show how they stink my presence, if I see someone dying and I notice the person is Eboe, I will simply allow the eboe bastard to die. They irritate me to the bone.
Develish creatures
I myself hat.e you guys with passion no apology, Vulture

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 12:55am On May 25, 2018
[s]
kolawoleibukun2:
I love the igbos and I will not condescend to insult the igbos because of you. I will let you get away with it because of the beloved igbo friends that I have. I roll with Igbos a lot and I have been to all eastern states and so many villages. I am a traveler. a well-versed ex-Nigerian who has details of so many tribes.
if you know me well you will know that I know something. and my igbos friends consent that the igbos are their own failure. Anambra man feels superior to Abakaliki man. from the wawa people to mmoghon in Abia state. How Anambrarians insult Enugu people and bring them down. your osu caste system. the pride of Nnewi people and so on. bro, the igbos will never prosper because of disunity and pride of arrogance. excessive show-off and the feeling to compete. to be recognized and praised. that feeling of putting down your fellow man for the interest of showy display.

bro, I have seen so much that I cannot go on any further. talking about slaves, who are the Osu?

your tribe has many things to worry about. the way you refer to southerners as mba mmiri. your perception toward them as loose and never-do-wells. bro, the igbos have benefitted from the entire nigerian tribes but how many yoruba men have assets in igboland? how many northerner has asset in igboland. it shows you how hostile you are.

you will purchase lots in the yoruba villages and build your mansion. but can Nnewi people sell their lands to strangers? No! what is your perception toward people from Mbaise? You prefer a snake (eke) to live in your houses and swallow your kids that to allow someone from mbaise to live in your house. the hatred and oppression is ignominious.

take your dirty self far from me. you stink already
[/s]

When an Afonja write you know,

Full of lies, twisting things I see how you love yourselves.

The Igbo's hate themselves that why they bomb, slaughter and fight themselves everyday that why their region is warzone

Ewu

4 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 12:58am On May 25, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
I know your tribe more than you. you are not a match for me. before you were born I have been to onitsha and i can tell you firsthand about onitsha than the lies that you have been told.

How an afonja will live in Ogun State and never travels out but claiming he knows everything about you and where you live,

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 1:00am On May 25, 2018
LochOtieno:

u try keep calling nnewi or giving flimsy excuses to justify ur claims but is dead on arrival....

who stops u from buying land in nnewi or igboland if u have the money.....who?

anyway I don't want to reply u much....coz that's no the context....

just simply accept u were wrong in ur suggestion.....thats all....stop beating around the bush.

no igboman will see ur first post here and be happy and that's the reason u getting all these attacks.....

u claim to love Igbos but hide under guise to heap pains, blames on them....is dat not the worst irony of life

That's Yoruba man for you,

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 1:05am On May 25, 2018
LochOtieno:

prophet mohammed is a terrorist.

A deadly terrorist, that's why a Jewish woman killed him and Jews have been murdering Islamist till today

1 Like

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 1:10am On May 25, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
very good. so if you believe that that the niger deltans are igbos, why hasnt any of the igbo men who own oil wells established or invested in the 9ja delta?

why are they referred to as ndi mba mmiri? would you also accept that tag? it is stereotypical, my friend.
it would be hard for you all to accept people from ndi mba mmiri as in-laws.

the fact that they speak igbo does not make them igbos. their igbo is totally different. you cana hardly understand what someone from ukwani speaks. you cannot understand kwale.

same goes for itshekiri. they also speak yoruba. which I do not understand. ilaje as well is yoruba which i do not understand. can i begin to claim ilaje or itshekiri because I am yoruba? that is a different state altogether.

the port harcourt that you mentioned also have many other languages that you do not understand. ijaw, ogoni, ikwerre are not igbo. you cannot understand those languages. so are you basing ownership on language? then we are also british because we speak english.

if there is anything that the yoruba are guilty of i will be the first to condemn it. if you told me what a yoruba man did to you i will condemn him to his very face. I challenge many people i know and meet. I am not into the tribe thing. it is distasteful to me.

my comment is as a result of how the reporter reported the thing. he was tribal in the first place

Zombie I didn't finish reading your useless post, I just stop at the Mba-mmiri
You should ask first what's Mba mmiri
Mba mmiri means water region(Delta)

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by deomelo: 1:13am On May 25, 2018
[s]
dainformant:
A man has narrated how violence would have erupted today at Onitsha Main Market in Anambra state after a Hausa man allegedly fought with a group of Igbo men following a disagreement. Ekwegbalu Nnamdi who witnessed the incident - took to Facebook to narrate what happened. Read below;

An ordinary incidence would have deteriorated into a violent demonstration today in Onitsha Main Market. And the incidence was as follows: a certain Hausa man allegedly was said to have been beaten by a group of Igbo men, reason being that he allegedly threw a metal pipe at a group of persons merely because they had asked him to carry his load with ease. Angrily some of those men resorted to fighting the Hausa man.

The Hausa man however, speedily ran to the barracks to bring military men. The soldiers without hesitation landed in the market and bundled a certain unsuspecting man into their truck. The man allegedly wasn't part of the incidence, but was unlucky to have been found at the scene of the incidence as of the time the soldiers arrived.

In response to the action, the people demonstrated that truly "Igwebuike" {Unity is Strength}. They quickly rallied round the military truck and refused that it would bundle this innocent Civilian to the barracks with them.

The soldiers however started threatening to invock violence. The matter would have gotten exponentially worse, as the people were determined to see to it that the worse happened, citing the injustice which daily is being meted on the Igbo race: from Boko Haram attacks, to the onslaught by Fulani Herdsman. They then wondered, how it is that these soldiers who were heavily armed responded quickly, merely because it was there fellow Hausa who brought the complaint.

As the tension continued to escalate and more people gathered to the scene, whereas the soldiers were equally undeterred. The chairman of Onitsha Main Market, Chief Ikechukwu Ekwegbalu swiftly intervenened, by descending to the arena like a Lion, requesting that the matter be brought to his office without delay, and with wisdom presided over the issue.

Long story cut short, the man was eventually not taken to the barracks as planned. Lesson to learn, when there is a strong leadership it acts as a deterrent to chaos. But then a point to ponder: Do these soldiers really react this speedily when a man who is not their kinsmen brings a report of an injustice to them or was it merely motivated by ethinic sentiment?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/man-reveals-what-happened-after-fight-between-hausa-man-and-igbo-men-in-onitsha.html
[/s]

Typical tribal, bigoted and rubish ipob story...

NEXT>>>>>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 1:16am On May 25, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
amaechi is not the founding father of rivers state oh.
he can claim whatever he is but the culture the food are very different. the people are different and you know it very well. if you bring an Ikwerre girl home your family will oppose the marriage. ask them why? onye mba mmiri. that will be the response you get. to prove to you that you do not accept them as part of you. you include them because of the oil. shekina

Afonjas and stup!dity be like 5 & 6
You can only lie to yourselves
Stop hating, it won't help you.

3 Likes

Re: Fight Between Hausa Man And Igbo Men In Onitsha Market: Soldiers Invited by BininKingdom: 1:23am On May 25, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
can you mention an osu who married soil of the soil in today's world?
I am telling you of current events. Even this very year, I have done several mental fumigations to my igbo guys.
You feel it is a thing of the past but I tell you that it is still prevalent. in many places Osu no day get landed property. osu no day be king. there are many benefits that do not go to some families.
maybe you were born in lagos and you do not know so much. but try to ask questions. you will find out a lot.

Zombie you must not know it while residing in Ogun State, if there is anything like OSU in my village am living, I don't know

All I know is many people who even bear Nwosu as Surname are getting married day by day

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift / Governor Shettima Orders Bet9ja, Nairabet Agents To Leave Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.