Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala (38313 Views)

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by BigIyanga: 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Another lame attempt by corruption defenders.
So if 13 percent of whatever rubbish of 50b is their cut, which one is 150bn they were given? Abi ur eye no see dat one? So which one is election expenses again that diplomacy had to be used to reduce from 20bn to 17bn?
I agree with you, there is the need to stop reasoning with asses because the rubbish posted up here must have come from a rectum.
Mr Man go and ask your reps and senators what they did with money..
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by BigIyanga: 7:03pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Absolute nonsense coming from gej stooges. Even dasuki children dey sleep sometimes unlike this one that spend 24 hrs on nairaland insulting buhari on every topic. I repeat, which illegal business you dey do wey buhari STOP? grin He has now switched from "that puts guns in the hands of herdsmen to kill innocent people" to "buhari is complicit". Even at that, if buhari is complicit, may his end be miserable, but if not, may you and your entire household live extremely miserable lives and die of terrible disaster leading to burning alive.
No wonder you flunked government and civic classes. NASS controls the purse and has its account seperate from federation account. You have rep and senator go and ask them what they did with the money.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 7:06pm On May 25, 2018
... and why are some groups of young individuals staying off this topic like plaque?

They are amongst many who were and are directly negatively affected by the 17B... but they would rather remain mum and silently fill and refill their scattered heart with tears.

They cry and retire to bed with grieve from the unending thought of having their future looted to desert dry state.

Pity any young individual who is well known of defending politicians who have helped shaped his life status to the worst simply because of "SPENDABLE NAIRALAND LIKES AND SHARE". It's already telling on them and it appears too late for them to be redeemed but one good thing here is; experiences have thought them some hard lessons they would hurriedly share with their offsprings.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ihateyoumod: 7:08pm On May 25, 2018
seguno2:

If oil price is rising why has the exchange rate not dropped?
Did Buhari not promise to reduce the exchange rate?
Are you saying that Buhari did not know what he was talking about on the campaign trail or he has been crazily stealing our money?
Which one

Buhari didn't hv access to how much nigeria was worth at tht particular time.....he prolly believe like every oda person tht since we had a good time in terms crude oil sales under GEJ tht we would be at a good place, buhari made those promises but didn't envisage tht naira will drop to an all time low.......should I continue....bros leave tht matter....GEJ finished this country

3 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by fyneguy: 7:14pm On May 25, 2018
DWJOBScom:
I don't think most people understood what happened there

All they saw was 17bn

Explain it nah. Election money abi? lol twist am make we hear

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by madridguy(m): 7:18pm On May 25, 2018
We Buharist knew this far back. The senators are Nigeria greatest problem.

3 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Meritocracy: 7:30pm On May 25, 2018
Those who took Okonjo and Jonathan as their mentors should understand
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 8:25pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

I am 100 legit and I have never soiled my reputation in crime or corruption...I still make a big boast that I have never met a man more honest than I am living or dead ..I am the epitome of honesty in life ..forget cursing me it can never hold but since you have mind to face a child of God I will release a curse on you and guess what It will hold ..your curse is ready all you have to do is reply me and receive..I am assuring you a curse from me to you will hold and nothing on earth will stop it ..please try me
[/s]
Absolute nonsense coming from a frustrated soul. I was expecting the slimmest of evidence about how buhari was arming fulanis to kill only to see this trash. People like you should be arrested and jailed for life for corrupting gullible Nigerians with lies. If you are legitimately engaged, why are you always on nairaland 24 hrs searching for a thread to insult buhari? There you are spaming the forum with bullshit on sending buhari to daura on for no other reason than that your "legit businesses" has been stopped by buhari. God will continue to block all criminal businesses in Nigeria even after buhari. Wtf? See this tiny thing talking of curse. If those bulshit you call curses were as potent as you claim, buhari would have been 6 feet down by now, but here you are, spending 24 hrs on nairaland still cursing, a curse that will boomarang and hammer you and your lineage, gerrout with that nonsense.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
seguno2:

After the discovery, what did superman Buhari do?
He made it worse as a thief himself.

[/s]
Mr, pls look for brain when next you want to quote me.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

Buhari didn't hv access to how much nigeria was worth at tht particular time.....he prolly believe like every oda person tht since we had a good time in terms crude oil sales under GEJ tht we would be at a good place, buhari made those promises but didn't envisage tht naira will drop to an all time low.......should I continue....bros leave tht matter....GEJ finished this country
You don talk am finish.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SirBunky85(m): 8:30pm On May 25, 2018
greatiyk4u:

You no insult Buhari today Soon every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord
u are very observant
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SirBunky85(m): 8:30pm On May 25, 2018
greatiyk4u:

You no insult Buhari today Soon every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord
u are very observant
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SalamRushdie: 8:42pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Absolute nonsense coming from a frustrated soul. If you are legitimately engaged, why are you always on nairaland 24 hrs searching for a thread to insult buhari? There you are spaming the forum with bullshit on sending buhari to daura on for no other reason than that your "legit businesses" has been stopped by buhari. God will continue to block all criminal businesses in Nigeria even after buhari. Wtf? See this tiny thing talking of curse. If those bulshit you call curses were as potent as you claim, buhari would have been 6 feet down by now, but here you are, spending 24 hrs on nairaland still cursing, a curse that will boomarang and hammer you and your lineage, gerrout with that nonsense.

Good thing you are not cursing again if not I would have shown what metaphysics is ..you don't mess with a man like when it comes to to curses because of my clean state I will mess up forever ( I dare you to try it and I also beg you not to ) I have heard from God as concerns Buhari and Buhari is a lesson Nigerians must learn but I assure you this is his last tenure and I already know hobbit will end ... You call me a frustrated person but if you knew I have had consistent IQ above 130 since I was right years old you wouldn't say that because you will know a mind like mine is not material like you think even though today I still own Nigeria's largest digital network ( I can't mention the name here ? Please know I am very far from being broke( even though my income has really reduces from what it use to be ) so much I am already a complete vegetarian at this age with my own recipes ( can a hungry man do that?) . dude Dont mess with me with this curse thing because I swear I will show it family some tricks
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 8:50pm On May 25, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

Good thing you are not cursing again if not I would have shown what metaphysics is ..you don't mess with a man like when it comes to to curses because of my clean state I will mess up forever ( I dare you to try it and I also beg you not to ) I have heard from God as concerns Buhari and Buhari is a lesson Nigerians must learn but I assure you this is his last tenure and I already know hobbit will end ... You call me a frustrated person but if you knew I have had consistent IQ above 130 since I was right years old you wouldn't say that because you will know a mind like mine is not material like you think even though today I still own Nigeria's largest digital network ( I can't mention the name here ? Please know I am very far from being broke( even though my income has really reduces from what it use to be ) so much I am already a complete vegetarian at this age with my own recipes ( can a hungry man do that?) . dude Dont mess with me with this curse thing because I swear I will show it family some tricks
[/s]
Shut up with that nonsense. I dare you to curse and see if you don't pack any of the gaddem shit with your lineage. This one think he is talking to small pikin. I laugh in the language of idiotic pigs of biamumus. See dem and boast. You have 10 million IQ and all you do per minute is to be insulting and lying on nairaland. Which IQ be dat? Abeg gerrout, you nothing but a pained frustrated soul. If you like, make you dey chop grass, dat is ur gaddem business. People like you should be arrested and jailed for life for corrupting gullible Nigerians with lies. Go and get legitimate business and be managing, the era of sharing money in wadata plaza is gradually phasing out, if you like, continue crying on nairaland every hour, that era is gone, Nigerians are getting wiser, God bless pmb.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by fyneguy: 9:03pm On May 25, 2018
konfused:

Dude, I am not supporting Buhari, I am just amazed at those insulting GEJ and Okonjo without even taking time to read what transpired.

Everybody just ran away with the headline.

She was just detailing the opportunity cost of passing the 2015 budget but nobody read to understand what she was saying, they just saw 17billion and ran away with that.

opportunity cost?? like seriously? OMG!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by fyneguy: 9:07pm On May 25, 2018
comrade234:

Some of us reason with our asses instead of our mind. I hope that some of us will be privileged to find ourselves in a leadership position one day in order to understand what it means to negotiate or lobby. Someone in the course of negotiations agreed that his take home or money he is entitled to be cut down by 13%. Thirteen percent of 50billion naira is what? Let me calculate...... wow, I got it. It is 19.5 billion naira. Later, the legislators realized they have been raped by the federal government decided to turn the table around to their advantage in a legitimate way, it is not illegal. The money was not paid without been accounted for....even up to date, money is still been provided for political parties. The legislators in an attempt to get their money back demanded that they include in the budget 20 billion naira as election expenses. The federal government negotiated it down to 17B naira....in the course of that, the federal government got 1.5 billion naira from their yearly provision in the annual budget for the legislators and you my brother, you are calling it corruption. We are trying to find fault with the actions of the previous administration but forget that they are no longer in power. We forget that the ministers then agreed that their basic salaries and other allowances be cut down by 50 percent....did you hear that? How much have the current ministers sacrificed, nothing. We were promised before the election that their salaries will be reduced but after the election, we began to hear another story different from what we were told. Be wise my friend.

Semantics!

in simple English, what was the N17B meant for?

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by MrJanuzaj: 9:47pm On May 25, 2018
Kennydoc:

You are the stupid one. Did I quote you, or are you APC? What's your business in what I said for you to come and show how uncultured and ill mannered you are? Get off my mention!!

You are an idiot. Are you the owner of Nairaland? If you dont want anybody to correct your stupidity then stop taking codiene before posting
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:25pm On May 25, 2018
EasterDell:
Bleep you idiot!
bush Meat
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by HtwoOw: 10:31pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Another nonsense coming from them again. They will see one thing but call it the other, and they shamelessly do so. From this report, it should have been clear to the cursed idiotic pigs of biamumus that money was being paid to NASS by their ineffectual boofoon to get budget passed, another clear indication that budget padding has been their business only to be discovered in buhari's first budget. But trust the cursed tribe potopoto descendants, they will rather understand it upside down, so I am not surprised.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by HtwoOw: 10:32pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Another lame attempt by corruption defenders.
So if 13 percent of whatever rubbish of 50b is their cut, which one is 150bn they were given? Abi ur eye no see dat one? So which one is election expenses again that diplomacy had to be used to reduce from 20bn to 17bn?
I agree with you, there is the need to stop reasoning with asses because the rubbish posted up here must have come from a rectum .

You made my night grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by tete7000(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2018
Moukandjo:

True! Even this N17bn Ebelemi bribed the NASS with was captured in the budget! That's what is called "transparency."

Go back and reread it to understand it was part of the budget.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SalamRushdie: 10:55pm On May 25, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Shut up with that nonsense. I dare you to curse and see if you don't pack any of the gaddem shit with your lineage. This one think he is talking to small pikin. I laugh in the language of idiotic pigs of biamumus. See dem and boast. You have 10 million IQ and all you do per minute is to be insulting and lying on nairaland. Which IQ be dat? Abeg gerrout, you nothing but a pained frustrated soul. If you like, make you dey chop grass, dat is ur gaddem business. People like you should be arrested and jailed for life for corrupting gullible Nigerians with lies. Go and get legitimate business and be managing, the era of sharing money in wadata plaza is gradually phasing out, if you like, continue crying on nairaland every hour, that era is gone, Nigerians are getting wiser, God bless pmb.
I

I am just seeing this and I will leave you and Buhari to God's wrath
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by 34webers(m): 12:17am On May 26, 2018
[s]
SalamRushdie:

I

I am just seeing this and I will leave you and Buhari to God's wrath

[/s]
Shut up, pained and frustrated soul boasting about cursing as a heritage. If buhari is tormenting ur "business", don't worry, it has just started as Nigerians are getting wiser by day. The days of sharing our commonwealth among criminals in wadata plaza will soon become a history because as buhari is handing over in 2023, another honest man will take over and continue tormenting criminals.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ovamboland(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2018
tete7000:

You missed it, the difference is that Jonathan administration captured everything in the budget so that even if money is stolen, everyone can know and ask question. However in the case of Buhari, everything is shrouded in secrecy you don't even know who is stealing what. Do you people even understand the word transparency? Such word is missing in Buhari's dictionary. Even aircrafts bought wasn't budgeted for. Which sane and transparent government spend money without budget? Only a corrupt government does that.
Buhari distate for democratic institutions and due process totally make him unfit to govern a sane society. Only Nigerians hail such a despotic and corrupt person.

Where was it stated in the budget the money paid by Dasuki to
AIT Dokpesi
Bafawara
Falae
Metuh
Ladoja
Anenih
Secondus
FFK
Abati
Diezani money paid to INEC officials

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ovamboland(m): 6:55am On May 26, 2018
Moukandjo:

True! Even this N17bn Ebelemi bribed the NASS with was captured in the budget! That's what is called "transparency."

Imagine Nigerians and inventions, transparent bribery,
You must sha defend the indefensible

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ovamboland(m): 7:06am On May 26, 2018
seguno2:

If oil price is rising why has the exchange rate not dropped?
Did Buhari not promise to reduce the exchange rate?
Are you saying that Buhari did not know what he was talking about on the campaign trail or he has been crazily stealing our money?
Which one

Did the exchange rate drop under Jonathan when oil rose as high as $140?

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by tete7000(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2018
Ovamboland:

Where was it stated in the budget the money paid by Dasuki to
AIT Dokpesi
Bafawara
Falae
Metuh
Ladoja
Anenih
Secondus
FFK
Abati
Diezani money paid to INEC officials

If money were not documented, what then are you relying on to prosecute people? Money was released but not put into appropriate uses, is that not the grouse of EFCC? Maybe people like you need to do a bit more of listening to even your people who champion all these cases. So you think the dasuki money that form the basis of most of these disbursement was not documented?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by seguno2: 10:01am On May 26, 2018
Ovamboland:
Did the exchange rate drop under Jonathan when oil rose as high as $140?

Since that was one of the reasons why Nigerians changed from Jonathan to Buhari, should Nigerians not also change from vision-less dullard Buhari for not making the rate drop despite increasing oil prices
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by brodalokie: 11:45am On May 26, 2018
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Jadeng: 12:29am On May 27, 2018
No wonder Govenors retire to the national assembly... and POLTRICKIANS kill to become SINATORS and DISHONORABLES!!!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by BigIyanga: 5:42pm On May 27, 2018
34webers:
[s][/s]
Shut up, pained and frustrated soul boasting about cursing as a heritage. If buhari is tormenting ur "business", don't worry, it has just started as Nigerians are getting wiser by day. The days of sharing our commonwealth among criminals in wadata plaza will soon become a history because as buhari is handing over in 2023, another honest man will take over and continue tormenting criminals.
In your wildest dreams. 90% of APC members were once in Wadata Plaza.. just a name change.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by konfused: 1:24pm On May 28, 2018
jaybee3:

What does her summation “This became the price to pay to have the budget passed” mean to you Mr Educated Illetrate?

Your deductive reasoning is Zero and you are here blabbing with so much authority

See for yourself sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Probe Ongoing — Abdulrasheed Bawa, EFCC Chairman / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons / Army Reacts To 'alleged' Collection Of N1000 At Checkpoints By Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.