Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala (38319 Views)

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by orisa37: 1:57pm On May 28, 2018
Buhari should make them cough out the money. Gbajabiamila should return the Car he has just dashed his wife. Abori should now be rotten in Jail.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by alezzy13: 2:45pm On May 28, 2018
konfused:

See for yourself sir

Really the extent to which you go to defend these elements truly amazes me. Yes, I know, in order to make the rat more palatable, its better to call it an 'underdeveloped bush grasscutter. smh
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:04pm On May 28, 2018
Thank you for this. Your head is there. The legislators from time immemorial have been our number one problem in Nigeria. Imagine 150bn for what?? When education, health, etc don't have that much. Only NASS collecting that much from budget. Too much power for those thieves
MistadeRegal:
angry
Anybody who is surprised at this deserve Lynch Match vs Brock Lesnar.
Na today? From the time Nnamdi Azikiwe took over till now Nigeria has been in same hands and controlled by same people except for those who died in active service. It had become their inheritance. All they needed are our gullible ones to queue in the sun to register, vote and even get killed by some gullible thugs all to make it look like Democracy is active in Nigeria.
Who among them can boldly swear with our local dieties if they had/have never looted or embezzled while in power?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:06pm On May 28, 2018
One thing I've always admired Dr Okonjo-Iweala for - she always speak truth to power. Did you people pad the budget or not Legislators only come out to fight the executive when it's money for their pockets. Yeye constituency budget. Is it The same 3-room block of classroom that they inflate to be 25m abi? Or the borehole that never brings water?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:07pm On May 28, 2018
Try as much as they can, these politicians will never succeed in their attempts to pull down Okonjo-Iweala. People who are reasonable and understand how to research and get the truth know better.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:07pm On May 28, 2018
See the way the legislators are all falling over themselves, running their mouths, They know they are guilty and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will expose them all with no qualms. She’s bigger than them.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:08pm On May 28, 2018
We don't channel our anger at the things we are supposed to. The real question here is: Why will a National Assembly have a budget of 150bn and still add 17bn in a legislative year What are they using that huge amount of money for? What was the money allocated to education, health or infrastructure in that year These lawmakers have been leeching Nigeria dry and they are still in the business of doing that wantonly and going scotfree, And we are not enraged??! No, we'd rather attack NOI who exposed them.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:10pm On May 28, 2018
Even though Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has come to clarify that she never said the N17billion was a bribe, it is sad the way fake news and false reports spread by people who are supposed to be the custodians of verified information. What would it have cost them to read the book and get the facts right? Instead of misleading an already misled populace
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by NaijaPatron: 3:11pm On May 28, 2018
It's clear these legislathieves are used to this kind of "institutionalised" padding year after year, even in this present admin of "we are fighting corruption", they still do it. Bravo to Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for calling them out
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:25pm On May 28, 2018
Why are these Senators trying to change what she actually wrote in her book? Is it a problem of comprehension or dyslexia like is being alluded in some quarters about Mr. Transmission?
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:30pm On May 28, 2018
The former minister didn’t use the word bribe in the particular context Gbajabiamila is responding to. Let’s get things in the right perspective. Most of these guys wailing and throwing stones have not read this book.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:31pm On May 28, 2018
I will advise us to read this book, especially young folks. It takes a lot of courage to author this kind of book and inform this generation and subsequent ones of the ills of our society, so that we can be prepared and battle ready to save our nation from saboteurs.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:32pm On May 28, 2018
Which of her aides padded budget, which I believe that is what he is trying to say? This is just errant and unfounded allegations. I find it ridiculous. So how will a mere aide pad the budget, which you are yet to give any verifiable evidence to? How will that assist such a fellow in winning elections? English please.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:40pm On May 28, 2018
One of the debates this excerpt from Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala book throws up again is the issue of politicians using public funds to seek re-election and fulfilling personal end. There is a clear difference between public servants and public funds. Public funds are owned by all, whether you are in government or not. And it appropriation must be done according to the law in an open and transparent manner. Not for self-seeking of whoever is in power. Let’s read this book and understand some of the truth of why we are where we are as a nation.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:42pm On May 28, 2018
The media should look beyond their agenda sometimes and seek to report their stories objectively; not trying to colour our thoughts and opinions. Kudos to Senator Abaribe for that comment, we need more of such in our overly polarized polity.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:45pm On May 28, 2018
Those who should represent us keep sending the message of “all man for himself” back to the street, and we seem to be accepting it as the norm, which is quite sad. During the last economic meltdown, the current Senate would not budge as to the reduction of their planned expenditure. They are never willing to sacrifice despite widespread poverty and under-development. How do we navigate this treacherous bend? Thank you madam NOI for telling it as it is.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:45pm On May 28, 2018
Ma, if you can read this, I would need a copy of this book, personally signed by you. Would be something to remind me of you and keep me inspired. Something to prepare me for the future, if peradventure I find myself in a position of power and influence.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:46pm On May 28, 2018
Honourable Gbajabiamila, please go and re-read this book if you have done so already. Some of us still like and respect your person and what you stand for in the house. You don’t have to lose your reputation over this, and I hope the 9th Assembly will have more members with decent characters and honourable enough to put Nigeria first in whatever they do.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Budwyde: 3:46pm On May 28, 2018
When you think about one of the brave policies Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala pioneered while in office by ensuring publication of government accounts, especially the ECA monthly, and you juxtapose that with what we have today, you sigh and breathe rather irrationally, because of our penchant of going around in circles. We take one step forward and take several backwards. God bless Nigeria
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by jaybee3(m): 8:01am On May 29, 2018
konfused:

See for yourself sir

She is only trying to double down even though her initial comments in the book were as clear as you can get it.

They had to pay/give them/allow them increase their budget by 17bn so the budget can be passed. It's still a bribe Sir, albeit indirect!!!.

The budget wouldn't have been passed without the extra 17bn that was earmarked for electoral expenses

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo Lacks Credibility - Sowore Slams Obasanjo For Condemning Poll Result / Abubakar Chika Adamu Withdraws From Re-election In 2019 Due To Corruption / Femi Gbajabiamila Inspects Isolation Centre Donated By Sahara, Thisday And CCECC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.