Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala (38334 Views)

Alaba Traders: We Paid ₦6M To Lagos On Thursday, LASG Demolished Shops On Sunday / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Nigerian Traders In Ghana: We Paid $1m Levy Yet Our Shops Were Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by MrJanuzaj: 1:35pm On May 25, 2018
adexpa:
The way we run things in this country is just too horrible. Everyone looks for money at any little opportunity.17b to pass budget; this is just the one we heard, who knows how much they have been collecting before in the name of passing budget which is their primary duty. It is well.

Dont mind them. And when you arrest the thieves now the usual suspects will start shouting witch hunting. Wailing is a terrible disease

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by niceprof: 1:35pm On May 25, 2018
That is why i keep on saying that corruption in Nigeria is 'OFFICIAL',that is why no Government can fight corruption.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by QUOTATION: 1:35pm On May 25, 2018
Senator Rowland Owie, former Chief Whip of the Senate, has advised President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), to avoid former President Olusegun Obasanjo, if he desires to succeed as Nigeria’s leader. Owie, who gave the advice in a statement, yesterday in Benin City, Edo State, said: “To Buhari, I thank God for you, but you must deliver on your promises and also build on what President Goodluck Jonathan did. Above all, you must run far from Obasanjo. If he can’t control your government, he will fight you.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/beware-of-obasanjo-owie-tells-buhari/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Thankful1970: 1:36pm On May 25, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why we should have a National Assembly when all they do is gallivant around and come to collect N13M every month end!!!!
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by donjahsy(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2018
Tufia to this country. wicked men in politics.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Thomps2: 1:36pm On May 25, 2018
smiley God bless Buhari, this country is just a shit hole, the senators r the problem of this country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by IMASTEX: 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
Nigeriaaaaaa ohhhh
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by malikberry100(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
planetzoom:
We paid NASS N17b as "election expenses" for its members, in order to have 2015 Budget passed.

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

(...in page 80, of her book 'fighting corruption is dangerous'...)
I pray GOD ALMIGHTY make me the president of nigeria someday and we shall see what will happen then,i will know if these national assembly members is more stronger than the entire nation or if na juju dem use take hold nigerians i go know,all these nonense will all stop in these country someday.GOD is my witness.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by ojobek: 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
planetzoom:
We paid NASS N17b as "election expenses" for its members, in order to have 2015 Budget passed.

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

now I understand your problem, no formal education.I mean read and understand is your problem
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Smoj(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
Somebody will still blame Buhari for this news

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Alejoc(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
You are worse criminal than they are.....

Why can't you grand stand them and help clean the system once and for all....

Short cut.... Cut short!

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by EmmyDJourno: 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
This is the reason why we always have people struggling to get to the Senate

This is why to pass Budget they insert and insert
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by SalamRushdie: 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
Nigeria needs a brand new democracy , this model is not working at all , Obasanjo messed it up from the onset when he started bribing the National Assembly and paying them like rockstars just to to have his selfish way and today they are used to it .... National Assembly should be the last place for self enrichment because in reality it is the foundation of any worthwhile democracy , get the National Assembly wrong get the democracy wrong.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by DWJOBScom(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
I don't think most people understood what happened there

All they saw was 17bn
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by chemicool: 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
This kalokalo. Bet9ja way of playing politics. Give and take government.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by tommy04: 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
I hope the additional 500billion added to this year budget by NASS is not for next year election.

God help us in this country
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by package7(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2018
Get this woman arrested with all the people that are involved.. Mehn they have killed this country with stealing and corruption. shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by politeboy: 1:39pm On May 25, 2018
This is why buhari must not contest in 2019, this is why buhari is a terririst, this is why the anti corruption fight of this buhari government is fake, this is why this govt is tribalistic, this is the worst president in nigerian history because has refused to play game with nigerian money. buhari spend this money in bribing the national assembly so as to approve your budget. You have refused to bribe national assembly president buhari. why o why. pls play the game like PDP government and become my darling.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by QUOTATION: 1:39pm On May 25, 2018
Winning123:
You can just imagine how much was paid in 16 years of PDP rule, including the time Obasanjo as he calls himself held sway. Funny many Igbos want PDP back.

The other day, I watched on television Obasanjo’s emissary handing over documents to Buhari on power infrastructure developed by his think tank, an action that made me laugh profusely. How could someone who spent $16b on power without achieving anything when he was President bring a proposal on that matter to anybody! While I would not advise Buhari to repay Obasanjo in his own coins, I would advocate that he should not allow him to be distracting him." Read more: https://www.naija.ng/684045-careful-obasanjos-advice-ex-speaker-naabba-buhari.html#684045

2 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by tofolo(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2018
planetzoom:

-Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Na wa o na to download and read? shocked

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by killuminati(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2018
Wtf! Where are the freaking Tanoids of those days.

David Mark, thunderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffirrrrrrrrreeeeee!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Apina(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2018
I dont think 80% of those who commented read what she said, lazy youths. If Goodluck had chosen to play hardball, they would not pass the budget which would have been disastrous. About #500B or so was added to this years budget before it was passed, which is the usual pay off. If you think its about Goodluck and Buhari, then u must be a fool undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by greatiyk4u(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria needs a brand new democracy , this one is not working at all

You no insult Buhari today
Soon every tongue shall confess that Jesus is lord

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by danderson(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2018
It's called lobbying. Do you know what is in it for the Executives? It's a global approach of getting things done.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
This Mama don finish Jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by LaIabobo: 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
declaro:
I think Okonji Iweala should be the first female Nigerian president, what do you think?

Someone that was ransomed and involved in bribing the NASS??
You funny sha

All politicians are the same. They all lobby and receive kickbacks.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by AdesegunSanni89: 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
declaro:
I think Okonji Iweala should be the first female Nigerian president, what do you think?
I think you are silly.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Ameen964(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
For you to agree to do that instead of resigning to save your name means you're not different from those thieves. Honestly somethings are better left unsaid.

1 Like

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by wink2015(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2018
Okonji Iweala don finish Senator David Mark, ( former senate president ) Tambuwal ( former speaker house of representative )

These legislators were forming HOLY HOLY

But Madam Gele don expose them.

BREEZE BLOW FOWL YANSH OPEN!

5 Likes

Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by correctyourself(m): 1:43pm On May 25, 2018
Okonjo you really tried for this Country, but people didn't allowed you to put things the right way, my regards to your professionalism.
Re: We Paid NASS 17B Naira To Have 2015 Budget Passed.- Okonjo Iweala by Wawaman: 1:43pm On May 25, 2018
abbaapple:
angry

Only PMB can fight those mofos! Ipobpigbians will masturbate on this news! Bad news for wailers! lipsrsealed
which pmb, Jubril confessed that 2016 budget was padded to their favour ,what did pmb do. All this inflation of annual budget by bad NAS what do you think is for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Airport: We Don’t Need Any Financial Assistance, Obiano Tells FG / Dapo Abiodun Decorates Soyinka As Amotekun Super Marshall / Obasanjo Vs Buhari: Fayose Reacts To Letter To President Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.