Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video (66817 Views)

Jemiriye Adeniji Honoured By Martin Luther King's Family (Photos) / Lateef Adedimeji Gazes At Jemiriye's Butts In US, Fans React / Jemiriye Cruises In Limo As She Speaks Against Libya Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Nobody: 1:25am On May 29, 2018
jolomiurenyi:

You are among them since falz said all Nigerian.
Don't be silly. "Everybody be criminal" is not meant to be taken literally. It's a representation of how we are perceived by the rest of the world. 8 out of 10 foreigners will stereotype Nigerians as either fraudsters or drug dealers.
Also, most people commit crimes in Nigeria just to get by. If you drive a car , it's highly likely that you have committed the crime of bribery to get away from police trouble and things like that. He's not saying we're all running around with guns but if you really look deeply, it's the truth
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Miles300: 2:29am On May 29, 2018
A because his dad is sittin on. That table means he shouldn't say the truth ? Y are we like this as Nigerian !

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by ashjay001(m): 3:11am On May 29, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
No tym for this shít abeg......i dey high table make una com join me

Five cubes tanshocked

No milk!

No iced water in sight!

I jump n passtongue
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Dewze(m): 3:31am On May 29, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
No tym for this shít abeg......i dey high table make una com join me

Jesus! That's five cubes of diabetes.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by RedboneSmith(m): 4:06am On May 29, 2018
If you don't understand something why not seek clarification or shut up? Don't come to social media to form faux-woke!

When Falz said "Everybody is a criminal", he was alluding to the time when Buhari was said to have called Nigerians criminals, and Ben Murray-Bruce started the hash tag #IAmANigerianNotACriminal.

It's sarcasm. I know Nigerians struggle to understand sarcasm, but try na!

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by AndikanEssien(m): 4:18am On May 29, 2018
tempest01:
She made sense .... that line was wrong...we are not all criminals. apart from that, the song was on point

Nothing is wrong with that line, Nigerians in general are branded as criminals by many foreigners also they way citizens are treated reach day by the security forces and those in government it seems everyone is a criminal too. So he wasn't claiming that every Nigerian is a criminal but that they are either viewed or treated as criminals
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by madjune(m): 5:20am On May 29, 2018
[I commend Falz for his copy cat talent and not originality.

Its creative though but purely mercantile.
Whether he calls Nigerians criminals or not doesnt matter much because in the eyes of the outside world, our image is already in the gutters.

What he merely did was echo how they see us and make his money from it.

One.man can't change how the world sees us.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by EKPETI(m): 5:23am On May 29, 2018
Nigeria is a fraud. A country that only takes care of the political elite. Nigeria is a fraud. Nigeria is not a country.

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Nauttyprof(m): 5:44am On May 29, 2018
Charly68:
They don't have good songs again,everybody is busy promoting jagajaga songs ..gone are the days when musicians use their songs to preach & educate the public on social ideals and ethical matters ..Very foolish to assume everybody is a criminal in the land

If you have watched the video you will understand the points, from yahoo boys, fake pastors, silly police officers, our selfish politicians etc. This video if watched with a clear mind has great messages that will change our view as Nigerians and strive for a better nation.

Aren't you tired of the wrongs in this country? Aren't you fed up with the way things are in this nation?

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by staytravel: 5:48am On May 29, 2018
trustyshoess:

Don't be silly. "Everybody be criminal" is not meant to be taken literally. It's a representation of how we are perceived by the rest of the world. 8 out of 10 foreigners will stereotype Nigerians as either fraudsters or drug dealers.
Also, most people commit crimes in Nigeria just to get by. If you drive a car , it's highly likely that you have committed the crime of bribery to get away from police trouble and things like that. He's not saying we're all running around with guns but if you really look deeply, it's the truth

I saw it more as him trying to say that, 99% of Nigerian people have to take part in the corruption in order to survive.
For example, my aunty was driving in Nigeria and the police pulled her over. She had to pay money to the police officers in order to keep going. In doing so she is partaking in "criminality" but in Nigeria it's so normal, infact if you dont do it you get into more trouble than if you do.

This article explains the video in good detail: https://okwuid.com/2018/05/29/falz-this-is-nigeria-symbolism-meanings-and-breakdown/#more-1753
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by seguno2: 6:08am On May 29, 2018
post=67969779]I think I will have to see the video
Did he actually say this is Nigeria, everybody is a criminal?[/quote]

Did our president not say that too in Britain?

[quote author=Flets
:
Nigeria's president has warned his fellow citizens to stop trying to make asylum claims in Britain, saying that their reputation for criminality has made it hard for them to be "accepted" abroad.

Muhammadu Buhari, the tough ex-general elected last year, said those who had joined the migrant exodus to Europe were doing so purely for economic reasons rather than because they were in danger.

He added that because of the number of Nigerians imprisoned for law-breaking in Britain and elsewhere, they were also unlikely to get much sympathy.

"We have an image problem abroad and we are on our way to salvage that"

"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking," he told The Telegraph.

"I don't think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home, where their services are required to rebuild the country."

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by autchies(m): 6:14am On May 29, 2018
bezimo:
I listened to that song..when I heard him attacking churches..i knew he was stupid..In the attempt to make a hit you rubbish everyone and institutions and churches..like they take offering and build schools..like is it your stupid money..when you are not part of the church..who gave you the audacity to give an opinion on what church do with the money that we the faithful give as offerings and tithe..like if anybody should want to talk it's we insiders that are doing the giving not one idiot calling himself celebrity outside the
church yarning nonsense church this..church that.....like seriously..what an idiot..That American song he tried to do a comparative similar hit mainly focused exclusively on the racial oppression of blacks in the USA which has assumed a worsening dimension in the last couple of years..
Fill .i thought you have sense but none

4 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by oloyede252(m): 6:21am On May 29, 2018
SexytorresE:
receive sense and get the content sir. We are been treated as criminals by those Nigeria forces.so he said everybody is been treated as criminals that's what he meant.
Lol @receive sense.
" This Is Nigeria
Look hoW am living nah
Look how am living nah
Everybody be criminal
This Is NigeriA
Look how we' living nah
Look what we' eating nah
Everybody be criminal"
so tell me the context of this chorus miss.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Gordonz07(m): 6:24am On May 29, 2018
This Falz of a guy is turning to fela somehow. Keep it up bro. Give them the punch lines.

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by gcof(m): 6:27am On May 29, 2018
LOoking for cheap attention. During Buhari’s early days of gallivanting abroad, he Said that Nigerians are criminals, them no hear that one, when he said youths are lazy, them no hear am, because it is Falz you feel you can respond to. Go and sit down

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:28am On May 29, 2018
Most voted for Buhari or GEJ, the coup plotter and the crook yet claim they are not criminals
Almost everybody has and wouls still buy black market fuel
Most don't pay the right tax (not that the money is used well)
If we weren't all criminals, we would have stoned Tinubu when he presented Buhari
Useless country
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by bezimo(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2018
autchies:

Fill .i thought you have sense but none

It seems you need mental evaluation..Are you daft or what?
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Nobody: 6:41am On May 29, 2018
SexytorresE:
To my understanding, what he meant "everybody is a criminal" could be base on how the police or Nigeria force treat the harmless civilians. And why is it only the "everybody is a criminal they saw? What about the other lines? Lazy Nigeria woman in another man's land telling us sh*t . Those are the kind of song our artist are even supposed to be singing now at this moment until the greedy leaders change. I missed Idris abdulkareem on this, Nigeria jagajaga should be remix now grin
Seconded.
This is Nigeria, pesin where no get work is checking my song to see if he fit blast me grin
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by CAPSLOCKED: 6:47am On May 29, 2018
Shakushaku1:
Anti stop being foolishh, the line everybody be criminal isn't t suppose to have a direct meaning, it's Sarcasm in a kinda way, the few bad eggs in the country has made a lot of innocent pple look bad in the eyes of the government and security agencies in other countries, false but that's the truth of the ish, genuine peeps can't do biz again online, every young fresh guy is a yahoo boi according to Saz.. The innocent ones are paying the price for the erring of the bad ones..

U think embassies will ask u to prove u not a criminal bfor they deny u visa? Or foreign online business owners will start asking about ya credibilty bfor doin biz with u?, nope the name Nigeria alone is enough to scare them away.. They, the bad eggs have made all of us criminals.

Listen with ya soul and senses and not just with ya ears..

SexytorresE:
To my understanding, what he meant "everybody is a criminal" could be base on how the police or Nigeria force treat the harmless civilians. And why is it only the "everybody is a criminal they saw? What about the other lines? Lazy Nigeria woman in another man's land telling us sh*t . Those are the kind of song our artist are even supposed to be singing now at this moment until the greedy leaders change. I missed Idris abdulkareem on this, Nigeria jagajaga should be remix now grin

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE MODERATORS TO MOVE THESE POSTS TO THE TOP SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO READ OTHER MISINTERPRETATIONS OF THAT LINE BEFORE THEY SEE THESE?

A LOT OF EMOTIONAL PEOPLE HAVE FAILED TO UNDERSTAND THE LYRICS AND ARE NOW TWISTING THE MEANING OF THE SONG SO MORE POSTS LIKE THIS SHOULD BE SEEN.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Bizibi(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2018
It seems some Nigerians don't understand falz message in his song.......
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Cassie74: 7:06am On May 29, 2018
Shakushaku1:
Anti stop being foolishh, the line everybody be criminal isn't t suppose to have a direct meaning, it's Sarcasm in a kinda way, the few bad eggs in the country has made a lot of innocent pple look bad in the eyes of the government and security agencies in other countries, false but that's the truth of the ish, genuine peeps can't do biz again online, every young fresh guy is a yahoo boi according to Saz.. The innocent ones are paying the price for the erring of the bad ones..

U think embassies will ask u to prove u not a criminal bfor they deny u visa? Or foreign online business owners will start asking about ya credibilty bfor doin biz with u?, nope the name Nigeria alone is enough to scare them away.. They, the bad eggs have made all of us criminals.

Listen with ya soul and senses and not just with ya ears..

A lot of folks don't understand sarcasm even if it stares them in the face undecided
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by BininKingdom: 7:15am On May 29, 2018
tempest01:
She made sense .... that line was wrong...we are not all criminals. apart from that, the song was on point

I'm a criminal!
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:16am On May 29, 2018
[quote author=trustyshoess post=67974338]
Also, most people commit crimes in Nigeria just to get by. If you drive a car , it's highly likely that you have committed the crime of bribery to get away from police trouble and things like that. He's not saying we're all running around with guns but if you really look deeply, it's the truth [/quo

You can't explain to me what I know madam, you are among them period, I also listen to that fucking and crazy song by the so called falz, na so our legendary FELA sing naim we still dey cherish FELA till date
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2018
trustyshoess:

You can't explain to me, I also listen to the so called song, you are among the criminal period, na so our legendary FELA sing naim we still dey cherish am till date
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Wallade(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2018
She is one of the various people that didn't get the message, Falz was only being ironical with "This is Nigeria - Everybody is a criminal"
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by omoyemoses(f): 7:23am On May 29, 2018
"Everybody na criminal" wasn't Falzs' words, okay?
Its what the president has made the international community/ people to think of us. Just like when Buhari said that everyone in Nigeria is corrupt..
I might be wrong though. Just my thoughts
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by vicobosi: 7:32am On May 29, 2018
Totally agree, how people don't see that the song has the same effect as the president calling Nigerian youths lazy. We only tell everyone we are bad and yet call on them to come and invest in our country? Our country is corrupt and all but I think the image that should be painted should mostly promote the good side (no matter how little it is) just like Americans and the rest of the world do... Nigeria is not the only corrupt country but it seems we are the only one telling the world we are evil? It's just sad how we continue to sell ourselves out. I'm not a fan of anybody but a fan of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by EMINIBLAIT(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2018
she has a super valid point ,take it or leave it !!!

can you kindly ask your conscience If you are a criminal ? if the answer is yes ,then the song is for you but as for innocent Nigerians out there it's an insult and we deserve an apology from the rapper !!!
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Aghawizzy(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2018
The part of 'Everybody be Criminal'.... I think is in reference to a statement that Buhari made some time back that Nigerians are corrupt! It has a 'contextual' meaning. Don't know why we are bent over misunderstanding little things like this and ignore the whole message? He is talking about the ills in our present society and remember elections are around the corner. Let's wake up my fellow Nigerians!!!
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by odinga1of: 8:33am On May 29, 2018
psucc:
Is she pissed off because Falz tell the truth? No she should learn also as well to swallow the bitter pills or else how do you explain to any sane human that the president does not have a minimum of School certificate but decided to hire over a dozen SANs rather than showing a photocopy of it, if the original is not handy.

Things are definitely so wrong in the nation that if you reside here, you feel it. How would you explain the recent recruitment of teachers by Akwa Ibom state SUBEB where about 3,000 person are employed but a Local Government Area could not have up to 10 persons there?

Sorry, the situation so such bad. And Falz may be right there.
God bless my bro.............. The snake that swallow millions is a case study of what FALZ meant not that everybody is a criminal...........

we have criminals in all countries all over the world, but can you compare Nigeria standard of living n other countries......
Palestine has a world class hospital were the president is receiving treatment......

why my President took it as an opportunity to govern the country from UK hospital.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by HerXLNC(f): 8:40am On May 29, 2018
Jemiriye is dull.... She can't understand irony.

SARS paint u a criminal for having either if laptop, iPhone, dreads, cars....THIS IS NIGERIA where everybody both the INNOCENT n The GUILTS ARE CRIMINALS
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Litmus: 8:42am On May 29, 2018
I feel so sorry for young Nigerians.You young ones, I shake my head, you'r young, you enjoy the music ,feel part of some imaginey brave new Youth World of edgy fashion and movement, so you suppport false FAlz insulting you and you tolerate the individual, frankly evil and wicked individuals that go around claiming , yes all Nigerians are criminals or the majority have criminal tendency and so on. They are evil becuse they know full well that claiming you are all criminals or criminal minded ONLY Damages your future. Many with such opinions may not even be Nigerians and in thire wicked hearts they want you to be less of a competition to them and thire nation. I am now in the wrong half of my mid thirties, well-to-do, nothing can touch me except death, probably will not step foot in Nigeria again till the day I die, cause I want to be buried in my homeland Nigeria.The politician whether they are good or bad will generally be okay and so too business people - good ones or bad ones. But you? I am addressing you Young ones, anyone tells the whole world that you, as Nigerians, are corrupt, criminals or majority this way inclined, is stealing your future at least as effectively as any bad government. Be they Buhari, Falz, Falz's collaborators that come here to fill your head with nonsense such as 'you didn't go to school so you don't understand irony'. They are stealing your future: in terms of discouraging investment that could provide you Jobs. In addition to this,make it difficult for you to leave Nigeria after they have helped distroy Nigeria: in terms of providing foreign nations the additional excuse they need to prevent you from coming to thire country - after all you are the so called corrupt and criminal ones.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drama At Ikorodu Cemetery Over Mohbad’s Burial (Video) / Tboss Releases New Photos,Comes For Haters In Appreciation Post To Ubi Franklin / Simi And Adekunle Gold Wedding Videos And Pictures Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.