Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video (66635 Views)

Jemiriye Adeniji Honoured By Martin Luther King's Family (Photos) / Lateef Adedimeji Gazes At Jemiriye's Butts In US, Fans React / Jemiriye Cruises In Limo As She Speaks Against Libya Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by SexytorresE(f): 8:53am On May 29, 2018
oloyede252:

Lol @receive sense.
" This Is Nigeria
Look hoW am living nah
Look how am living nah
Everybody be criminal
This Is NigeriA
Look how we' living nah
Look what we' eating nah
Everybody be criminal"
so tell me the context of this chorus miss.
lol, funny how u can write all this but not understanding it grin This is really Nigeria...
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by chrisamy(m): 9:17am On May 29, 2018
well.. I tink calling everyone a criminal is faulty but I guess he was trying rily hard to drive home a point.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by onmyowncj: 9:30am On May 29, 2018
tempest01:
She made sense .... that line was wrong...we are not all criminals. apart from that, the song was on point
she did not understand the massage,Falz meant that the way police intimidates people,to them (police)every Nigerian is a criminal,even a student with his ID card,is arrested as a criminal just because he went to club.someone should catapot sense to her

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Dank1u(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2018
oloyede252:

so "everybody is a criminal " is art.
brother you're part of the 99%
Go and listen to the song, it's the most beautiful piece of art.
But someone said, falz music is not for dummies, the problem is, most Nigerians are not free thinkers, we require people to think for us, listen to music for us , and to interpret to us. No wonder we have Buhhaha as President. It's a shame that close to 90% could not get the message.
Falz – This Is Nigeria Lyrics

INTRO

Extremely Poor And The Medical Facilities Are Poor.
We Operate A Predatory Neo-Colonial Capitalist System, Which Is Funded On Fraud And Exploitation And Therefor, Your Band For Having Corruption Institutionally

Many Criminal Cases Are; Settled In Police Station

CHORUS

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Woo X 3
This Is Nigeria
Look How Am Living Now
Look How Am Living Now
Everybody Be Criminal
This Is Nigeria
Look How We Living Now
Look What We Eating Now
Everybody Be Criminal

VERSE 1
This Is Nigeria
Just Because Am On Tv Now
Person Wey No Get Work Is Checking To See If My Watch Is Original
This Is Nigeria
Where That Madam Felomina Money Varnish For Your Office 36 Million You Talk Say Na Animal
This Is Nigeria
Never Ending Recession Oh
Where Looters And Killers And Stealing Are Still Contesting Election Oh
Politician Wey Still Biillions And Billions E’no Dey Go Prison Oh
Police Station Dey Close By 6, Security Reason Oh

INTERLUDE 1
My Brothers And Sisters
I Want You To Put Your Hands Up Right Now
Because Your Miracle Is Coming This Week
If You Believe Me Let Me Hear You Say Amen

VERSE 1
Aww,
This Is Nigeria
Praise And Worship We Singing Now
Pastor Put His Hands In The Breast Of His Member, He Is Pulling The Demons Out
This Is Nigeria
No Electricity Daily Oh
Young People Are Still Working Multiple Jobs And Them Talk Say We Lazy Oh
This Is Nigeria
There’s Plenty Wahala Sha
Fulani Herds Men Still They Slaughter, Carry People Dey massacre
This Is Nigeria
Bombs In My Area
This Is Democracy
Political Hysteria
Yahoo Yahoo Don Tire Everywhere Now And We Act Like It’s So Cool
Castigating The Pm, Being Castigated Just For Trying To Be Noble
This Is Nigeria,
Look At My Nation Oh
SARS Stop Me For Road Any Explanation You Go Talk Am For Station Oh

INTERLUDE 2
Sir, Sir, Look, Im Sorry, I’m Just A Student, I,M A Student Of The University Of Lagos , Where Just Coming From The Club Okay. So My Friend And I, Wait, No Say, I Have My Id To Proof

CHORUS

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Woo X 2
This Is Nigeria
Look How Am Living Now
Look How Am Living Now
Everybody Be Criminal
This Is Nigeria
Look How We Living Now
Look What We Eating Now.
Everybody Be Criminal

INTERLUDE 3
This Is Break In Transmission Of, Aww, Transmission, Transmission

INTERLUDE 4
But What Happens Everyday Is That, The System Has Allows It

For Instance, There’s No Law That Allows You To Take Money From The Church
Invest In Business And Privatise It. Noo
It Is Only In Nigeria , Where You Can Take Money From The Church, Money You Contributed By Poor Congregation Members, You Go And Setup A University That The Members Cannot Attend, Cannot Send Their Children To. It’s Against The Rule Of The Law Of God, It’s Against Our Constitution.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Slimdoug(m): 10:20am On May 29, 2018
oloyede252:

so "everybody is a criminal " is art.
brother you're part of the 99%

Common sense you don't have sad
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by oloyede252(m): 11:45am On May 29, 2018
Slimdoug:

Common sense you don't have sad
Lol.. it's Not that serious
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by oloyede252(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2018
Dank1u:

Go and listen to the song, it's the most beautiful piece of art.
But someone said, falz music is not for dummies, the problem is, most Nigerians are not free thinkers, we require people to think for us, listen to music for us , and to interpret to us. No wonder we have Buhhaha as President. It's a shame that close to 90% could not get the message.
Falz – This Is Nigeria Lyrics

INTRO

Extremely Poor And The Medical Facilities Are Poor.
We Operate A Predatory Neo-Colonial Capitalist System, Which Is Funded On Fraud And Exploitation And Therefor, Your Band For Having Corruption Institutionally

Many Criminal Cases Are; Settled In Police Station

CHORUS

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Woo X 3
This Is Nigeria
Look How Am Living Now
Look How Am Living Now
Everybody Be Criminal
This Is Nigeria
Look How We Living Now
Look What We Eating Now
Everybody Be Criminal

VERSE 1
This Is Nigeria
Just Because Am On Tv Now
Person Wey No Get Work Is Checking To See If My Watch Is Original
This Is Nigeria
Where That Madam Felomina Money Varnish For Your Office 36 Million You Talk Say Na Animal
This Is Nigeria
Never Ending Recession Oh
Where Looters And Killers And Stealing Are Still Contesting Election Oh
Politician Wey Still Biillions And Billions E’no Dey Go Prison Oh
Police Station Dey Close By 6, Security Reason Oh

INTERLUDE 1
My Brothers And Sisters
I Want You To Put Your Hands Up Right Now
Because Your Miracle Is Coming This Week
If You Believe Me Let Me Hear You Say Amen

VERSE 1
Aww,
This Is Nigeria
Praise And Worship We Singing Now
Pastor Put His Hands In The Breast Of His Member, He Is Pulling The Demons Out
This Is Nigeria
No Electricity Daily Oh
Young People Are Still Working Multiple Jobs And Them Talk Say We Lazy Oh
This Is Nigeria
There’s Plenty Wahala Sha
Fulani Herds Men Still They Slaughter, Carry People Dey massacre
This Is Nigeria
Bombs In My Area
This Is Democracy
Political Hysteria
Yahoo Yahoo Don Tire Everywhere Now And We Act Like It’s So Cool
Castigating The Pm, Being Castigated Just For Trying To Be Noble
This Is Nigeria,
Look At My Nation Oh
SARS Stop Me For Road Any Explanation You Go Talk Am For Station Oh

INTERLUDE 2
Sir, Sir, Look, Im Sorry, I’m Just A Student, I,M A Student Of The University Of Lagos , Where Just Coming From The Club Okay. So My Friend And I, Wait, No Say, I Have My Id To Proof

CHORUS

Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah Woo X 2
This Is Nigeria
Look How Am Living Now
Look How Am Living Now
Everybody Be Criminal
This Is Nigeria
Look How We Living Now
Look What We Eating Now.
Everybody Be Criminal

INTERLUDE 3
This Is Break In Transmission Of, Aww, Transmission, Transmission

INTERLUDE 4
But What Happens Everyday Is That, The System Has Allows It

For Instance, There’s No Law That Allows You To Take Money From The Church
Invest In Business And Privatise It. Noo
It Is Only In Nigeria , Where You Can Take Money From The Church, Money You Contributed By Poor Congregation Members, You Go And Setup A University That The Members Cannot Attend, Cannot Send Their Children To. It’s Against The Rule Of The Law Of God, It’s Against Our Constitution.
Lol.. the song is beautiful song no doubt but that Not the issue.. the issue the op is emphasizing on is the "everybody be criminal " and op only criticized that statement because as the music is getting global acceptance most people who are Not it with Nigeria will definitely accept that statement and with the kind of image we have on the global stage, that statement further give credence to it.
Hope you now understand the op
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by oloyede252(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2018
SexytorresE:
lol, funny how u can write all this but not understanding it grin This is really Nigeria...
Lol @Not understanding the song.. the op position in summary is that with the global acceptance of the music most foreigners will definitely believe that statement and use it as a reference point considering the bad image of Nigerians globally

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by CChillz: 12:09pm On May 29, 2018
This her comment just shows that she herself actually lacks common sense. "Everybody is a criminal" means that everyone has a tendency of corruption inbuilt and when exposed to situations were corruption is inevitable, they might go against their very own standards and embrace the corruption as the only way out. Anyway its now easy to mention or attack a celebrity and gain online fame for some time, maybe the fact that Nigerians don't even recognize your singing is a pain in the ass to you and the fact that you also move around with your "Nigerian idol" tag for years now is a big shame.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by crafteck(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2018
tunjijones:
I know there are many criminals in Nigeria but there are millions of us that are not criminals that earn a legit wage that pays tax, and that are not happy the way other nationals treat us. So Mr falz am a Nigerian and am not a criminal

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by juseng(m): 12:50pm On May 29, 2018
you that ran out of the country
people that are in it are complaining you are there mocking
does anything sounds like lies in that song
well he was wrong to say everybody b criminal sha
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 29, 2018
Litmus:
I feel so sorry for young Nigerians.You young ones, I shake my head, you'r young, you enjoy the music ,feel part of some imaginey brave new Youth World of edgy fashion and movement, so you suppport false FAlz insulting you and you tolerate the individual, frankly evil and wicked individuals that go around claiming , yes all Nigerians are criminals or the majority have criminal tendency and so on. They are evil becuse they know full well that claiming you are all criminals or criminal minded ONLY Damages your future. Many with such opinions may not even be Nigerians and in thire wicked hearts they want you to be less of a competition to them and thire nation. I am now in the wrong half of my mid thirties, well-to-do, nothing can touch me except death, probably will not step foot in Nigeria again till the day I die, cause I want to be buried in my homeland Nigeria.The politician whether they are good or bad will generally be okay and so too business people - good ones or bad ones. But you? I am addressing you Young ones, anyone tells the whole world that you, as Nigerians, are corrupt, criminals or majority this way inclined, is stealing your future at least as effectively as any bad government. Be they Buhari, Falz, Falz's collaborators that come here to fill your head with nonsense such as 'you didn't go to school so you don't understand irony'. They are stealing your future: in terms of discouraging investment that could provide you Jobs. In addition to this,make it difficult for you to leave Nigeria after they have helped distroy Nigeria: in terms of providing foreign nations the additional excuse they need to prevent you from coming to thire country - after all you are the so called corrupt and criminal ones.
falz is right, truth is bitter
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by lifedynamics: 2:01pm On May 29, 2018
SexytorresE:
To my understanding, what he meant "everybody is a criminal" could be base on how the police or Nigeria force treat the harmless civilians. And why is it only the "everybody is a criminal they saw? What about the other lines? Lazy Nigeria woman in another man's land telling us sh*t . Those are the kind of song our artist are even supposed to be singing now at this moment until the greedy leaders change. I missed Idris abdulkareem on this, Nigeria jagajaga should be remix now grin

Ehnn ooo...she won't listen to the whole song... It's one line she has been quoting... So we should be singing about the greatness of Nigeria, while people are robbing us, some stupid terrorists called herdsmen are killing innocents, some retards are hailing themselves while defrauding foreigners, embassies look at us like criminals, foreigners see us as terrorists and looters... With all these problems we should be singing about Bumbum and money?
So because people are making us proud(90% are abroad btw), we should praise Nigeria and ignore our problems?
Falz is "spoiling rep" which rep does she think we have before? undecided

I think she has spent too much time with whites to the extent that they deceive her into thinking they respect her for being Nigerian. I'm in a white man's country I know these guys, they see us as nothing more than mere Africans.
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by SexytorresE(f): 2:39pm On May 29, 2018
lifedynamics:

Ehnn ooo...she won't listen to the whole song... It's one line she has been quoting... So we should be singing about the greatness of Nigeria, while people are robbing us, some stupid terrorists called herdsmen are killing innocents, some retards are hailing themselves while defrauding foreigners, embassies look at us like criminals, foreigners see us as terrorists and looters... With all these problems we should be singing about Bumbum and money?
So because people are making us proud(90% are abroad btw), we should praise Nigeria and ignore our problems?
Falz is "spoiling rep" which rep does she think we have before? undecided

I think she has spent too much time with whites to the extent that they deceive her into thinking they respect her for being Nigerian. I'm in a white man's country I know these guys, they see us as nothing more than mere Africans.
don't mind her, she deleted the bashing she got on facebook grin
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by lifedynamics: 2:45pm On May 29, 2018
SexytorresE:
don't mind her, she deleted the bashing she got on facebook grin
Oh my chisos grin cheesy
She's scared grin

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by unmask: 4:55am On May 30, 2018
Litmus:

Is Faz in Nigeria?
I don't know a faz
Re: Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video by meobizy(f): 2:29am On Sep 06, 2018
I honestly don't know her. I will read through fellow members' comments to draw a conclusion on whether the writeup is worth my attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Mompha, His Wife & Son As WhatsApp Chats Over Hushpuppi Spark Outrage / Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / Iyabo Ojo’s Daughter, Priscilla, Acquires New Benz (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.