Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

How To Identify Toxic People When You See Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Identify Toxic People When You See Them (472 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Filled With Toxic People??? / 6 Ways To Identify Girls You Should Never Get Married To / How To Identify Lesbian Ladies In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Toxic People When You See Them by Sarahkay(f): 12:29am On May 29, 2018
How to identify toxic people when you see them!
16:16 Anwar Sarah 0 Comments
I got this message below from a reader who has asked to be kept anonymous and it got me thinking...what would I do in this situation?..what would you do?..well..let's look at it and see if my answers can help her and others out there!
"Hello Sarah...good day, I've been following your blog and reading everything on it and for someone who just started..I must say you are doing a very lovely job and I can't deny that some of your posts have set me on a better part..last time..you wrote a post about getting what you deserve rather than what you want..well..that hit me..I've had this friend for over seven years..we attended secondary school together and are virtually best friends but lately it's been from one problem to another..she gets irritated easily and haven't been happy for any of my progress..she even went ahead to gossip about me to my friends and one of them told me.. whenever I'm with her, I don't feel happiness and I feel like I have something to prove to her as she's always making me feel bad.. please I need advice..I feel you and other readers can help me..and.. I know I want this friendship but I think I deserve better..I just need a confirmation.. please keep my ID anonymous as I'll be looking forward to seeing your reply...you haven't been posting for a while..we miss you!"

To read my response to her, click on the image below as it is a screenshot of the message.

Well.. moving on!.. haven read that message, I realized this world is filled with lots of bitter and toxic people... people hating you for what you are, what you are not, what you can do, what you can't do..just mention it. Even friends turning to enemies which really isn't a recent news. I've learnt to ignore it because if you allow people's talk stop you from doing what you gotta do, then you'll never get it done.
The lady being referred to by the reader on the message above is bitter and toxic to anyone at all and the last thing you need is a toxic person around you..right?

So.. moving on!.. who's a toxic person?.. judging from what I've seen so far, a toxic person is someone who is simply there to reduce and never add, someone who's there to take but never give, someone who's there to just show you how bad you are and can get but can never tell you how good you are.. that, is my definition as a toxic person!
Tonight, we'll be giving few tips on how to identify a toxic person cause really, most of us don't know how and have been living with it for days, weeks, months, even years.

1.Toxic people are manipulate, yes, they always want you under their claws, doing what they want you to do..to them..you're the puppet and they, the puppet master.
They would rather have you work for them than they for themselves. If you have someone like that in your life, well, your system certainly do not need them!.

2. They are judgemental and spend most times criticizing than complimenting. You never hear any encouraging words from them rather get ready to hear about all the things you've done wrong.

3.these people are defensive..always ready to pin their feelings down on you and pretend like they've done nothing wrong. if you confront them, instead of owing up to what they've done, they pin it on you and make you feel responsible for their actions.

4.they never apologize, why should they?..they are the perfectionist, always right and would never accept to have done anything wrong.

5.they are too inconsistent..they can switch on you any day and wouldn't act like anything happened.

6.They make you feel like you have something to prove to them always which really, you don't. You can chose to be geeky, untidy, etc and they would still want to shape you into what they want you to be cause it's always about them.

7.They are always negative, always! Atleast to you as never applies to them. They consistently make you feel you can't do anything unless it's about them

8.Someone who's always taking up all your time is toxic. You gradually realize it's never About you anymore as you spend most time with and on them . You can't do anything for yourself as most things are being done for them.

9.These people are great speakers but never listen. They can talk for hours about themselves and all you gotta do is listen unless you have something to contribute and that too,must be about them. Try to talk about you and boom... you're back to talking about them in no minute.

10.If you see them, you'll know them for certain. You'll know by the way they're self absorbed and everything..your guts will surely tell you.

11. They're always at the receiving end as they never made an effort to give. They'll make sure to take anything you can give but will never make an effort to appreciate or give back.

Toxic people are draining, they can drain all your mental energy in a minute and reduce your self esteem, confidence and self worth to zero.

Funny thing, these people are everywhere, in our homes, circle of friends, school, street, and even church. One thing about them, they can't do what you don't give them power to.

If you're interested in knowing how to deal with toxic people and get rid of them once, follow our blog post tomorrow and you sure won't regret it.
Sarah caresā¤
http://sarahkayysblog..com/2018/05/how-to-identify-toxic-people-when-you.html

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

For Marriage, Men Lose Women To Financially Stable Men. / Need A Serious Relationship That Can Lead To Marriage. / Danger Of One Sided Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.