Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend (8384 Views)

My Fiancee Is Very Aggressive And Rude / Men: How Do You Handle An Aggressive Woman? / Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by tejuoso1(f): 1:24am On Mar 20, 2007
i'm dating this guy but i don't know if i should end the relationship because we are always arguing, if i say ten words he'll get mad at five i still love him but i can't handle having to fight with him everytime, it's not easy to break up with him because he is in love and crazy about me even back in london, always buying me expensive gift worth of 5,000 naira like everyweek and he's even paying my school fees and planning to buy me a car but we are always fighting. please tell me how to improve this because i'm fed up of feeling guilty about his love, money and gifts i already spent. last week, i tried to talk to him about how we argued, and he said to me that he has problem with anger and that whenver he's angry at me and have a fight with me i should always know and remember that he loves me nomatter what. worstly today he gave me laptop and charm bracelet as i said thanks he said girl i love you and i'll spend my money on what i love so you you better not mess with my love so i'm a bit thretened that's why i came here please help me what kind of life am i living now, i love him too but we always argue that's the only problem i have should i break up with him or what can i do to stop the differences between us. my girls even told me it could be dangerous to break up with him. i told him i had a son as a teenager maybe he'll freak out
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by tejuoso1(f): 1:26am On Mar 20, 2007
wassup with that long space. anyway when i told him about my son it didn't bother him.thanks
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by tejuoso1(f): 1:34am On Mar 20, 2007
i'm dating this guy but i don't know if i should end the relationship because we are always arguing, if i say ten words he'll get mad at five i still love him but i can't handle having to fight with him everytime, it's not easy to break up with him because he is in love and crazy about me even back in london, always buying me expensive gift worth of 5,000 naira like everyweek and he's even paying my school fees and planning to buy me a car but we are always fighting. please tell me how to improve this because i'm fed up of feeling guilty about his love, money and gifts i already spent. last week, i tried to talk to him about how we argued, and he said to me that he has problem with anger and that whenver he's angry at me and have a fight with me i should always know and remember that he loves me nomatter what. worstly today he gave me laptop and charm bracelet as i said thanks he said girl i love you and i'll spend my money on what i love so you you better not mess with my love so i'm a bit thretened that's why i came here please help me what kind of life am i living now, i love him too but we always argue that's the only problem i have should i break up with him or what can i do to stop the differences between us. my girls even told me it could be dangerous to break up with him. i told him i had a son as a teenager maybe he'll go but he don't mind
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by naijacutee(f): 6:13am On Mar 20, 2007
Seems he thinks he can buy your rights with gifts.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by spoilt(f): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2007
teju-oso
dont let gifts blind you. he obviously has an anger problem. with guys that have explosive anger, its just a matter of time before they start hitting you. my dear escape with your life before they bury you with those expensive bracelets he's giving you. gifts have never equalled love. a word is enough for the wise!
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by mamaput(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2007
You know i can only hiss.
Do you think they will bury you with all your gifts.
This man has[b] paid [/b] for you . he knows it and he will do with you what he likes.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by LilRed1(f): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2007
you don't need to be with him if he's aggressive, of anything you should be the aggressive one
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Seun(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2007
If it's ok for a lady to be aggressive, then it's ok for a man to be aggressive. Stop discriminating against men! wink
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2007
@topic: actually, one can be aggressive without being violent (trust me, I know) but if you think he's aggressive in dealing with others (not just you) then he might need some little white pills from a shrink. Trust me, I know. wink
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by OmoEko1(f): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2007
Na wa ooooooo u better pick one
Your Life or The Material thing.

And also people with hot temper like that ended up beeen violence to their love ones and next thing u know his giving your a black eyes. Girl now is the time to get away from him has soon as possible and tell him he needs Angry Management Class before it get out of hands
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by tejuoso1(f): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2007
yeah everybody is right i better run, what i'm thinking of doing is leave lagos without telling him because my home is not in lagos state and this guy doesn't know where i'm from because i don't think i have the stomach to tell him i'm not dating anymore, i'm glad i came to this forum, when i get home i'll take a break from boys, when my gap year is over i'll take take my son to my mum's place,get back to london and finish school, then come to nigeria again.i hope it's as easy as i just wrote it i really hope. i just sorted my life with mouth ain't it funny, who own this forum
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by studdys(f): 11:24pm On Apr 04, 2007
personally, i think you should be more carefull about what you say to him,
if he's so crazy about you and possessive enough to tell you not to mess with his love?
then i think he really must love you but you still have to be carefull
cos he would keep hurting you and keep reminding you of his possessive love
thereby making you the saddest lady on earth cos you cant dare to say goodbye,
so i'll suggest the earlier you make him understand that you cant continue like this
the better for the both of you, undecided
cos like you said "he's spending so much on you"
are you waiting till you know how much he can spend on you or get all you need
before breaking up?
if that's what your waiting for unknowingly,
then my dear you're in for the biggest challenge of your life cos he wont
let you go easily, cry
act fast n act now lipsrsealed
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Ndipe(m): 11:18am On Apr 05, 2007
Girlfriend, you are in an emotionally abusive relationship, and your boyfriend is only trying to quiet you, with his constant pampering of money and all other material stuff. My advice it to quickly cut him loose, before this toxic relationship descends into physical abuse. No amount of money would be able to erase the traumatic episode.

Read this Biblical verse: Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. Proverbs 11:4
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2007
Start returning all the stuff he has given you. Do it politely but resolutely. When that is complete, dump him.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Ndipe(m): 7:04am On Apr 06, 2007
The problem with some women, is that the lure of materialism has blinded them into relationships that are toxic. Scram, before it is too late.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by omoge(f): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2007
how to cope? no other way my sister more than to LEAVE. someone will come that will be for you and treat you like a LADY that you are, not one that will be hitting your head on the wall and begging you later, only to do it again. Ndipe is right, it's toxic and not healthy for you dear.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by OmoEko1(f): 8:10am On Apr 07, 2007
They question for you is !!!! Why Are You Dating An Aggressive Boyfriend grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Busta(f): 2:52am On Apr 09, 2007
@omo eko
was just about to ask the same question.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by iice(f): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2007
*sighs* best be moving on before shouting turns to slap and kicks (and oh yeah remember he loves you doiiiii). Get your act together.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 28, 2011
hhmmmmmm. i wonder what [size=5pt]tribe he's from[/size] is his problem? undecided
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by 190: 12:57am On Mar 28, 2011
SMH:: [size=5pt]i seriously hope shes not indirectly talking 2 me[/size] undecided
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 28, 2011
190:

SMH:: [size=5pt]i seriously hope shes not indirectly talking 2 me[/size] undecided
grin grin[size=5pt] feeling guilty?[/size] tongue
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Advocator: 1:25am On Mar 28, 2011
Cope? You gotta be kidding OP. There’s no dealing with an aggressive gay, unless you are yearning to kick off a murder in nairaland. You had to give this s-t-u-p-i-d views don’t you? A violent relationship is like a broken vein, when ruptured it send the person to the graveyard.

Ladies, the moment you start observing the minor signs of violence in your boyfriend --- It is time to hit the road for your own safety.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by desholah(m): 1:29am On Mar 28, 2011
OP.
iT'S A NORMAL HABIT . . .Pls leave it that way.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by BABE3: 1:36am On Mar 28, 2011
Advocator:

Cope? You gotta be kidding OP. There’s no dealing with an aggressive gay, unless you are yearning to kick off a murder in nairaland. You had to give this s-t-u-p-i-d views don’t you? A violent relationship is like a broken vein, when ruptured it send the person to the graveyard.

Ladies, the moment you start observing the minor signs of violence in your boyfriend --- It is time to hit the road for your own safety.

Sir, isn't hitting the road a violent act? From violence to violence, hmmmm, lol
Watsup you? cheesy

@OP, Sort things out! Don't let things escalate to the violence point.
No violence! Abstain from violence! Hitting people is not ok, neither is getting hit! (Except for WWE and UFC) grin
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by 190: 1:38am On Mar 28, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

grin grin[size=5pt] feeling guilty?[/size] tongue

undecided [size=4pt]as if you are not the person thats more violent [/size] angry
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 28, 2011
190:

undecided [size=4pt]as if you are not the person thats more violent [/size] angry

who me? im innocent!  grin grin

Advocator:

A violent relationship is like a broken vein, when ruptured it send the person to the graveyard.

@ advocator wow! i am impressed!  cool thumbs up!

but usually a woman does not find out that her man is violent or has
a bad temper until the relationship is already solid. Very rarely would
a woman know "off bat" that she is dealing with a psychopath  undecided
it's usually too late by the time it hits her that she must leave.

a friend of mine (Chima  grin) and I were discussing this very issue.
Sometimes a man seems agitated and we make them jealous and it's like
"awww! he cares" but we fail to realize it;s not as cute when he sticks his
steel toe boots in our arses  undecided
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 28, 2011
The poster should return all the gifts and tell him that she can't do this any longer. If he acts funny, remind him that laying a finger on you will land him in jail in the UK. . . . Then move on with your life.
Ps Don't keep any of his gifts because that would make him believe that he "deserves" you, since that were the payments for you.
Disappearing without saying anything is definitely NOT the way to go about it.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

The poster should return all the gifts and tell him that she can't do this any longer. If he acts funny, remind him that laying a finger on you will land him in jail in the UK. . . . Then move on with your life.
Ps Don't keep any of his gifts because that would make him believe that he "deserves" you, since that were the payments for you.
Disappearing without saying anything is definitely NOT the way to go about it.

why not? i dont think a man that aggressive would be happy to be dumped face to face undecided
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 28, 2011
^^ showing him that you don't fear him is the first step to moving on. Tell him to his face and send him to jail if he dares touch one of your hair. Meet him in a VERY public place if its better for you.
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 28, 2011
good points.
i'd probably be too chicken tho. undecided
might need some police cars to accompany me grin
Re: How To Cope With Aggressive Boyfriend by 190: 2:46am On Mar 28, 2011
^^ I thought u were captain america

Aka kick ragdollz a[i]ss[/i] to the curbs why do u need police cars!! angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash / I Am In Hell Please Help Me My Brothers And Sisters In Nairaland / Ladies,adult Movies Is It A Turn On Or Off For U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.