Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,849 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon (78346 Views)

My Personal Demon 18+ / Yoruba Demon From A Joke To A Tribal Insult / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
kingin55:
Bro d update is too small,help us to add something pls
Yes sir.

I just had to drop something tonight.
I was really occupied, especially when I heard that Erigga is having his concert today.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by dammyd46(m): 11:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Tolu up for some real mmmmm......
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Artzdanielsz(m): 2:05am On Jun 24, 2018
hope chibuike no dey for one corner
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by eazykolobo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Jackossky:
*INSATIABLE*
~Story of a quiet Yoruba Demon~
Chapter 8

.#Sola
#Bluehaven
#eazykolobo
tnkx for d update....may d good God bless u real good.....d tori dey sweet me for belle....
enjoy wisdom as u update us steady
bt tuesday far ooo....JAC WEEK DAY TWO NIYEN OOO ARAKUNRIN
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
*INSATIABLE*
Chapter 8
Continuation...

I left the shop feeling weary by the Penelope's Web I have gotten entangled into, why will one have to type 'ASDF' everyday? I am even having a rethink on this, I don't think this is what I wanted to learn.

I want to know how to hack, I want to control other's electronic gadgets but here I am, stuck with this funny looking manual typewriter.

Annabel was at my side, we have gotten over the awkward feelings and she was now relaxed whenever she was with me.

I think I like her, but not as a girlfriend. I am already hypnotised by Mary.

She didn't agree at first when I told her we are plying the federal road that is along 'Round about' axis, but later she gave in to my plea and saw that we could spend more time together if we are to follow that path.

She was still unconvinced about my suggestion but not when I told her that I didn't want to get home early and I don't know; I think she had developed a soft spot for me.

We both walked hand in hands, laughing, chartering and smiling along the way.
She was telling me about the animosity she had towards Chibike and that was why she told John then, that she was my girlfriend.

She wanted John to pass the message to him so Chibike can stay off her.

I laughed at her munificence and also told her about some teachers in my school. Hmm, it was all fun.

'Heey! Heey!! Heeey!!! Stop there'
A roaring voice thundered from afar.

I was about to take to my heels but Annabel was just morbid, she screamed but no one could hear us.
That was when it dawned on me that I have entered a trap Why will I want to pass this road if not that I have been betrayed by my 'village people'.

Annabel was jittering where she was, she was ostensibly livid and I was also shocked.
In reality, I was filled with fear.

I looked up and I saw almost five guys putting on black caps, approaching us in a daunting manner.
I just stood where I was, holding the hands of Annabel when they came closer to us.

Before I could say 'Jack' a hot slap landed on my 'almost' watery face.

Cars that were passing, instead of halting, they turned on their ignition and accelerated at a very high Velocity, fearing for their lives.

'Kneel down there!' one of them ordered. The voice was too familiar and when I attempted looking up, I was greeted with another thunderous slap. This was where tears dropped and Annabel was already on the floor; crying.

Then it hits me, the voice I just heard was that of CHIBIKE

I was still on my knees but I could sense that they were discussing about something abstrusely.

I couldn't comprehend the indistinct sounds they were making, but I could make up the word 'Tanana' and ' short sleeve' from their faint discussion.

One of them moved to touch Annabel but I shielded him and I never knew that was a grave mistake.

'Gboaa! Gboaaa!! Gboaa!!!' like three slaps were administered to me in quick succession.

'You dey mad? You dey craze? This boy dey smoke igbo? The voice ranted in anger.

It seems they are wasting time and they are in the open, so, Annabel and I were both jacked and taken to a rendezvous point not too far from where we were first accosted.

They blindfolded us and I know it didn't take much time before we were dropped like a sack.

Annabel muffles made me to know she was taken with me.

As we were laid down,I winced due to the impact and one of them came to loosen the cloth from our eyes. That was when my already fuzzy eyes became clearer and observant. It seems all our 'bio-psychic' heightens whenever we are in grave danger.

Lo and behold, there were too many people to count and their faces are well concealed by the black caps they all wore.

Trillions of thought coursed through me, 'Tolu, is this how I am going to die?is this the end of my journey? Annabel already warned me, why? Why? Why? ' I soliloquise

'Please, don't kill us!' I begged profusely.

'Haaa!!! Tolu! ' Someone among the initiates vociferated.

'Chibike, Omo wa leleyii. A kin fi Omo ore bo ore ( Chibike, this is our child, we don't use a deity's child for sacrifice)'
The person lamented.

I looked towards the direction of the person and it hits me like a wave of tornado, I know who this is... This is *AHMED.*

Ahmed has been my friend since when we were in junior school. He was very recalcitrant and insubordination is his forte. He had partook in many social vices, caught in the school smoking weed and thy wasn't what broke the horse's back. What did was when he attempted to rape the female principal and this was why he was expelled from 'Donald's Secondary school'. Actually, it was the main reason my parent transferred me to 'Apex High School'

After that horrible incident, we never met ; not until today and God help me because I have just seen my Messiah.

#Sola
#Iwrite
#Love_ya

Stay tuned with me.

Drops pen

4 Likes

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Ann2012(f): 3:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the update
But e short na
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by oyoni(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
The child of the deity... Taboo!!!!

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
But e short na

Smiles.
It's an append to the Chapter 8.
Chapter 9 drops today.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2018
Jackossky Jackossky, well done! Keep up the good work. Anticipating this day's update. *thumbsup*
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by harunablezin(f): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2018
mhmmmmmmm!
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
I pray Nigeria wins. Let's win this game.
I declare today football day.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by eazykolobo(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jackossky:
I pray Nigeria wins. Let's win this game.
I declare today football day.
baba give us update to console our loss biko
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
eazykolobo:
baba give us update to console our loss biko

Sobs.
I feel so pained. I don't know if others are feeling the Same.
Let's all mourn our loss

See you all later.
*In tears *
Till tomorrow
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingin55(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
Jackossky:

Sobs.
I feel so pained. I don't know if others are feeling the Same.
Let's all mourn our loss

See you all later.
*In tears *
Till tomorrow
Bro we go fine u oo,dats 2 chapters for us 9&10..nah everybody dey feel d pain d updates will ease d pain

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by JULI3BAE: 10:15am On Jun 27, 2018
ahbeg o, update sharpaly
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Bluehaven(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
Jackossky be making promise he can't fulfil. You now owe three chapters: 9, 10, and 11. *winks* Come and update for us jare... Super Eagles lose, dem lose throway!
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Smazlexander: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
cheesy Just Landed Story Long Or E Short My Own Na To Read

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
*INSATIABLE*
Chapter 9

'Haaa, Tolu, ko Ba maje iwo(Ha, Tolu, it shouldn't have been you)'Ahmed stressed taking quick glances at his fellow comrades

Seeing it was Ahmed, my hope was rekindled, hoping he will find a way to manumit me from this thralldom and my already intensified breath slowly became relaxed.

I was just on my knees, praying to God that nothing happens to Annabel, hoping Ahmed can save us both, praying that this cup should pass me over.

There was one among them, whose equanimity mystified me, he has been watching all along and by the way others gave him such lacuna, I suspect he must be the leader.

'Stand up!'

I looked up again to see if what he said was directed to me and he vexingly repeated what he said earlier. This time, I could slightly see his red pupils and I need no divination to tell me to stand up.

With quick reflex, I was on my feet, head bowed, giving him the reverence he deserved as I had the intuition that any disobedience from my part will result in great sanction and the consequence will be too dire for me to bear.

Here, this mysterious man is the one holding the big stick and I need to be in utmost subjugation if I want to live longer.

Annabel was still down. Weirdly, she has stopped wincing and had her head placed on the ground in a kneeling position.

I didn't think much about it and all my attention was on whatever this mysterious man has to say.

He moved closer to me, his cap still shielding his face and as he walked nearer, I am sure that any further step he takes will expose the complete face behind the cap.

It seems he had been doing this for long as he stopped right on his track, my heart now panting in anticipation, hoping to see the person. I know if the villain is seen, his power is half neutralised and I think he knows this principle too and that was why he halted.

Ooops! just one step, I just needed him to take a single step closer and I would see the face behind the veil.

'Hahhahahahhahah'

He laughed and howled some words which I were unfamiliar with and the others responded back in unison.

He made notion of Ahmed and Chibike to come out, they both came out and Chibike bursted in spasm of uncontrolled anger.

'Capon, e je ka jeju bobo yii(Capon, let's massacre this guy)' he angrily told the person before him.

' kpoaaaaa' a mighty slap grazed his cheek and he fell to his knees instantaneously in utmost reverence and that was when I knew that the person he called 'Capon' is the leader.

'Shapiro, Shapii, you fall my hand. I for weyley you...' He continued.

Seeing this, I was happy that things are turning in my favor, I felt a bit elated at the change of event not knowing I just got into an abyss of trouble and the tail of problem has been tickled.

In his anger, Capon, without listening to Ahmed asked them to incapacitate me. His anger has been fuelled by the insurmountable perfidy of Chibike.

Someone among them came forward, taking something out of his bag. My vision heightened when I saw what the guy was bringing out, knowing it was to be used on me, I shuddered at the sight. It was an axe that looks like '7', its brand metal shining even in the darkest night.

'Capon, abeg no do this, this na my person' Ahmed interceded.

His interpellation didn't deter the verdict that has already been given by Capon, he just went back and stayed in the line. They have successfully formed a circle around Annabel and I. Annabel was still down, shaking like a leaf and I was in tears, begging, hoping he will retract his earlier statement.

All plea fell on deaf ears, the henchman was now swinging the axe back and forth, his face; clearly visible to me. He was tall, No! He looks like a giant, I can't even have a mental and graphical description of him as I was on panic mode.

The henchman came close to me and everywhere was quiet, it seems the trees around here also made a convenant with nature to be still and quiet... And then, Capon muttered

'DO IT'

I closed my eyes as four guys had already come to hold me down, they held my hands apart and I was all tears, I closed my ears expecting the worst... Tolu, this is real. I bit my tongue, hoping it was a dream and the tingling pain, jeering at me that this is nothing but reality.

I could sense the moment the henchman raised the axe up in attempt to cut my hands off, I could sense my end and just then... Someone shouted 'STOP'

I opened my eyes, I could see Ahmed couldn't even meet my gaze as he is helpless and I am hapless, unable to do anything.

When I looked around, finding who said 'stop' and the answer to my question was too close to me. If only I had known, figuring where the voice came from...

I was appalled as I looked down and I saw that it was ANNABEL

I couldn't believe my ears, this is mendacious, this is just a simulation, it can't be true, not even in my weirdest imagination would I think of it... but I was wrong, it was her. All along, it was really Annabel.

Someone who was on her knees is now standing up, an aura of confidence enveloping and eroding her stark demeanor, cleaning off the dirt on her shirt and then it hits me...Annabel was one of them.

She didn't hide it, she stood akimbo and exchanged some daunting glances with the Capo.

I couldn't believe what's happening to me, she readjusted and went to join others.

What happened that night was Ineffable, It turns out that Annabel was the vice to the Capon and Chinedu was never in love with Annabel but it was a strategy well played out; a font just for me to believe and get beguiled, thinking Chibike's acrimony to me was because of a girl. It wasn't a rock science to comprehend that the animosity that the Capon had towards me was because it was his younger brother that my uncle took to the barracks the other day.

His brother was the one who stabbed Isaac and from the first day they knew I was Tolu, that was when the ploy to get me cornered was initiated.

Chibike was just a pawn who knew nothing about the plan but takes directive from the Capon and act the way he did.
Annabel was the one that perfected the idea and played a major role which led to my capture.

I can't hate her... she is the one that came through for me in the last minute and couldn't stand the sight of seeing me handicapped.

All thanks to her as she taught me the second lesson of my life...

'Never trust a woman'

'What is Microsoft word?' Mr Gold asked, pointing at me.

'Microsoft is an application that is used for typing and mostly used in the office' I jocosely replied.

Hahahhahahhahha, they all smiled.
I am now through with the manual typewriter, I might not have mastered it but trust me, I am now almost better than John in typing.

This is the second month and I will like not to remember all what had happened to me in the past.
You might wonder where Chibike is? After the incident, he left Badagry to never be seen again. Annabel and I have a very complex relationship, she doesn't come to me and I try everything in my power to make sure I avoid any encounter with her.
John noticed and alluded it was one of those juvenile fights lovers have, how I wish I could tell him what happened.

SMILES. I can't tell it to anyone, I was made to swear an oath of not seeing or hearing anything. To be succinct, nothing ever happened that night and the bruises on my cheeks were as a result of a fight I got into with some 'Agbero' who were prejudiced and thought I was a thief.

*Shakes my head in rue *
Everyone bought the story, especially when Annabel buttressed my point and it would be ludicrous for one not to believe.

I'm now at the shop, learning the use of Microsoft word, since I already knew how to type a little, I was now being tutored on how to know the functions of the keys, most importantly the uses of 'Control A-Z'

I do see Mary, I am not as ecstatic about her as before, she looks very beautiful and all that but what if there are shades to those looks?

Annabel taught me a great lesson I will never forget, even unto this day, I am now being careful of the ways I associate with any girl, more careful of what I say to the person beside me.

On a very hot afternoon, in the absence of Mr Gold, a lanky man came to the institute; he wanted to laminate.

The laminating machine in the institute is working effectively but the contempt everyone had for it is so ostensible.

It has been my duty to laminate document for people, there has never been a glitch before and whenever a client comes, others do direct the client to me, saying I should be the one to do it.

I wasn't that bothered and I stood up with confidence like how I normally do, took the document from the man and wrapped it in the laminating nylon, inserted it into the already powered machine and was waiting for it to come out through the other side.

Normally, when I do it, it's always fast and and I do hold the tip and let it go in slowly till the edge starts coming out from the other end of the laminating machine.

Something is wrong, the document wasn't coming out and the man was now getting uncomfortable where he stood, waiting for me to perform a magic and then I realised that the laminating machine is swallowing the document.

I raised an alarm, the girls weren't around then apart from Onome and even John was nowhere to be found.

When I screamed for help, Roland and Onome came rushing towards me and quickly switched off the source of the electricity. The laminating machine had almost swallowed the whole of the document and just spared a small part.

The man was now furious and promised to raise hell on me If I don't give him his document intact.

I became livid and all I could do was to plead and plead, telling him I didn't know what went wrong.

Roland was calm and told the man to come back later for his document, the man was adamant and demanded to have his document at that moment.

'Sir, please, in the next two hours, come back and you will have your document' he told the man.

The man didn't acquiesce and was resolute on his stand, the way pandemonium was brewing made Onome to quickly call Mr Gold to hover to our aid.

The man had already held me by my belt saying I won't go anywhere, I was trying to free myself, pleading for him to release me and come back for his document.

Adrenaline rushed through the man as he tightened his grip on my belt, thanks for the early intervention of Mr Gold who just walked in and saw me in such an embarrassing situation.

'Sir, please, leave him' he said to the already angered man who refused to be placated.

Seems he saw that holding me won't yield any positive result and there is virtually nowhere I can run to, he loosened his grip.

I was almost asphyxiated by the way I was held. The man agreed to leave and promise to come back in the next hour and if his document isn't ready, the institute will pay through its nose.

It wasn't up to 30 minutes before his document was retracted from the laminating machine, the document was ultimately squeezed beyond recognition and it took us the next one hour for us to get it straightened and it still looks squeezed in a funny way.
My saving grace was that it still appeared presentable and when the man came, he accepted the document but didn't pay a dime, instead, he sassily lambasted me.

For the rest of the day, I was looking depressed and vowed never to near an inch to that forsaken laminating machine.

When John and others came, they laughed at me and Roland exaggerated the whole issue that even I had to laugh at his tales on how I was beaten mercilessly by a client.

Hahhahahahhah

Drops pen.

Apology for not updating early. Let's just say I was mourning Nigeria's defeat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2018
kingin55:
Bro we go fine u oo,dats 2 chapters for us 9&10..nah everybody dey feel d pain d updates will ease d pain

It's only chapter 9 I haven't updated which I just did.

Have a wonderful Night 'BOSS'
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 9:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
eazykolobo:

tnkx for d update....may d good God bless u real good.....d tori dey sweet me for belle....
enjoy wisdom as u update us steady
bt tuesday far ooo....JAC WEEK DAY TWO NIYEN OOO ARAKUNRIN

Smiles.
Issa boss there.
I kept to my plan oo.
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingin55(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2018
Ride on bro

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by hAlexandro(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
Keep it up but you are stalling to update MT me in the next episode
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2018
hAlexandro:
Keep it up but you are stalling to update MT me in the next episode

...Will surely do that
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by kingswaydavid: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2018
Now that i'm back..nd d Nigeria team has jabo....pls quick update.i miss dis thread o

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Ann2012(f): 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by oloyedprince1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2018
thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
Chapter 10 drops today after which I am thinking of taking a break.

There are so many lacuna I am trying to fill and the characters are getting much.

I will want to decrease them and I have no intention of getting anyone confused.

I will surely make sure that the Chapter 10 is a bit lengthy and I will like to hear your view on the chapters so far.
What do you think of it?

Also, I will like to thank each and everyone of you for the support so far. 20, 000+ views and hitting the front page is all because of everyone of you.

E se gan ni (Thank you very much)

I remain my loyal self... SOLA

2 Likes

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
kingswaydavid:
Now that i'm back..nd d Nigeria team has jabo....pls quick update.i miss dis thread o

Welcome on board sir.

1 Like

Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Nawtiblayse(m): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
I don land
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Smazlexander: 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
Jackossky:
Chapter 10 drops today after which I am thinking of taking a break.

There are so many lacuna I am trying to fill and the characters are getting much.

I will want to decrease them and I have no intention of getting anyone confused.

I will surely make sure that the Chapter 10 is a bit lengthy and I will like to hear your view on the chapters so far.
What do you think of it?

Also, I will like to thank each and everyone of you for the support so far. 20, 000+ views and hitting the front page is all because of everyone of you.

E se gan ni (Thank you very much)

I remain my loyal self... SOLA
Which Time Will You Drop It
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Jackossky(m): 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Smazlexander:
Which Time Will You Drop It
8pm tonight
Re: INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
na 8 be this oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Book Of Rants! / Without Promises... / Fighting Back!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.