Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: (1844 Views)

Lmao Why Didn't Lil Kim Diss Eminem On Black Friday? / Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation / Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by bkbabe97: 8:05am On Jun 02, 2010
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by bkbabe97: 8:08am On Jun 02, 2010
FL Gators:

Did this dude actually have time to write a speech about a chick he wouldnt take home to mama? shocked

Anywhoz, who cares. . . . Jay-Z is running down anywaz, do ppl still listen to that old chap?

You stay talking bout ish u know nada about! Wow!

semid4lyfe:

Better use your medicine. . . grin grin grin

Tell her again!!!

colomb:

Jigga only try but we all know that he lost it right from when the Roc split happened. Dame can't flow but he was the business success of d Roc. Cam'ron was the first signing to hit platinum under Roc and he was Dame's move. He also saw the the potential in Kanye when Hova was blinded to it. Neyo, Rihanna, Jeezy were doing fine before Def-Jam signed them more so, defjam wasn't owned by Jay. The label is prolific well enough b4 Jay stepped in.

Ah, finally! Some1 that knows what he's talking about!
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hectorswag(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2010
angry mchewww, @poster, so if he signs in Lilkim, whats the vexing for, she reps Brooklyn and Jay-z is from Brooklyn, and she raps good too, so why are you taking it personal undecided
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by DIDONARY(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2010
Kim iya kukuru bilizi. Da b**ch always on d blok. Watch out! Minaj ko, M B I nii
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by eldee(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2010
Who are these plonkers saying Dame made Jay-Z or Hov is nothing without him??

I went from pauper to the President,
Every deal I ever made set precedent,
N-ggas thought I'd fall without old buddy,
Oh buddy, what I do is make more money

So Ambitious

I heard motherfuckers saying they made Hov
Made Hov say, "OK so, make another Hov"

Lost One
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by shotster50(m): 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
Saying Jay is nothing without Dame is a no brainer. Jay stays making power moves and weres Dame?
Jay is one of the top three richest hip hop dudes ( Diddy and 50). Jay is the only one among the three who stays vacaying with his chick and still be on top, Last i heard about Dame, he was trying to ressurect Rocafella which is an epic fail in the making.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 03, 2010
hax:

- Def Jam's been around since the 80's.
- Rihanna's debut was in 2005 on Def Jam. She wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Ne-Yo's debut was dropped before it was released, his real debut was released on Def Jam. He wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Jeezy also started in 2005 on Def Jam. He's the only one who could have been said to be 'doing fine', he dropped an album with Boys in the hood before that.
- And Rocafella wasn't the only record company that doubted Kanye's rapping skills, just so you know.
- Jay-Z accepted the position of CEO in 2004. So he WAS the 'owner' and all before Jeezy, Rihanna and Ne-Yo. And he signed Kanye on Rocafella first.
I think you're exaggerating Dash's influence.

Give Jay-Z his props. HE SIGNED THE ROOTS!

Am not saying Jigga can't be successful musically with or without Dame (he's got heat), but his enterpreneur abilities is what am questioning here, Kim name ain't buzzing no more and that's a bad business move. Defjam isn't his and their reputation alone definately would have endeared any artiste (blacks majorly) to their stable. If he could do the magic with Rihanna, Neyo, Jeezy, what was he doing to boys he brought on his own label why not put them on defjam. When was the last time you checked for anything from Beans, Tru Life, Young Gunz, Memphis, Peedie, Oshino and Spark, Freeway b4 tha Roc got f#cked. Come on guys. I was a Dipset head and apart from tha reunion on tha way, Cam nd Vado r buzzin heavily right now, Jones is still relevant, and Santana guess you've seen Banks vid?
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hectorswag(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
cool
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
hectorswag:

angry mchewww, @poster, so if he signs in Lilkim, whats the vexing for, she reps Brooklyn and Jay-z is from Brooklyn, and she raps good too, so why are you taking it personal undecided

its nothing personal thouhh. . . just my opinion
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hectorswag(m): 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2010
5p1naz:

its nothing personal thouhh. . . just my opinion
ok ok ok undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tracks Off Timaya's Epiphany Album | Free Download / 20 Latest Naija Gospel Songs Of 2016 [jan – April] / The Dream And Christiana Milan Splits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.