Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll (23459 Views)

'Ignore My Tweet With Obi Poster' - JJ. Omojuwa / Reactions As JJ Omojuwa Posts Peter Obi's Campaign Poster / 2023: Is This JJ Omojuwa Tweet About Tinubu Accurate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll by chiedozie198100: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
theoldpretender:

1. And this comment got 16 likes....chai.

2.Michael Ani of blessed memory was FEDECO chairman in 1979! FEDECO...the Federal Electoral Comission...conducted the elections in Nigeria then. He was replaced by Chief Ovie-Whiskey, also of blessed memory for the 1983 elections!

3.In 1979, Abiola was a member of the National Party of Nigeria...and as a party member he would have not been allowed to be a staff of FEDECO, talkless its head.

4.Awolowo went to court because there was a dispute over whether Shagari won at least 1/4 of the votes in 2/3rds of the states.

As summarized below..

.Under the 1979 Nigerian Constitution, in order to be elected President on the first ballot a candidate needed to receive both the most votes nationwide and at least 25% of the vote in two-thirds of the states. However, at the time of the election, Nigeria had nineteen states, two-thirds of which in exact figures is 12.66. A dispute thus ensued over whether Shehu Shagari had received the necessary threshold by winning 25% in twelve states and 19.9% in Kano State, which Shagari claimed was two-thirds of the required 25% threshold and represented the remaining 0.66 in the constitutional threshold. Obafemi Awolowo claimed that the threshold should be rounded up to thirteen states, which Shagari had not met. The Supreme Court of Nigeria ruled in favour of Shagari
Sauce Awolowo vs Shagari Wikipedia.

If Awo had won his case, at best it meant a runoff election between him and Shagari. No mention of rigging then(The 1983 election though...)

Sir, you and the people that liked your post...better read your history. Please.

why did abiola go begging awolowo widow before the 1993 elections.
Re: JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
obailala:
Lol... Oga sharraap ya mouth and gerrarrahia!!

The first thing you blabbed about was that 1993 election was the first democratic election in Nigeria's history. You were called out and simply corrected. Instead of you to maturely acknowledge your error and move on, you kept grazing about the bush searching aimlessly for grass to feed on. And now your latest defence is that you meant "1993 election was the first free and fair election."... how exactly does "free and fair election" equate to "first democratic election" in your encyclopedia?...

All these under bridge schooled fellows claiming superiority of knowledge; wonders shall never end... Oga I say gerrarrahia!!

really!! beating around the bush i wan chop salad nii !! i never knew insult needs explanation these much . next time make it a narrative essay grin
Re: JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll by theoldpretender(m): 4:45am On Jun 08, 2018
chiedozie198100:

why did abiola go begging awolowo widow before the 1993 elections.

As an NPN member in 1979,Abiola worked on behalf of his party against the UPN party of Awolowo .

Interestingly, Abiola fell out with the NPN in 1983 when he indicated interest in being their presidential candidate, only for the party, through Umaru Dikko to tell him 'No vacancy'.(Or, 'The Presidency is not for sale').

Abiola thus went over to the UPN, and backed Awo for the 1983 elections.

I don't recall Abiola begging Mama Awo (Mrs H.I.D Awolowo of blessed memory) in 1993, but it should be pointed out that some Yoruba leaders were wary of Abiola because of his earlier support for the NPN. Politicians never forget.
Re: JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll by Mouthgag: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2018
[s]
Metuh:
There is nothing savage about his stupid reply filled with insults which is the trademark of Buhari Zombies from Laureta Onochie to the fake Pastor Adeshina.

MKO Abiola is never a hero. Take it or leave it.

I hope the coming administration introduces History into all levels of schools in this country.

Sentiment and Hypocrisy coupled with Tribalism will kill us in this country aswear.
[/s]

Re: JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll by chiedozie198100: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
theoldpretender:

As an NPN member in 1979,Abiola worked on behalf of his party against the UPN party of Awolowo .

Interestingly, Abiola fell out with the NPN in 1983 when he indicated interest in being their presidential candidate, only for the party, through Umaru Dikko to tell him 'No vacancy'.(Or, 'The Presidency is not for sale').

Abiola thus went over to the UPN, and backed Awo for the 1983 elections.

I don't recall Abiola begging Mama Awo (Mrs H.I.D Awolowo of blessed memory) in 1993, but it should be pointed out that some Yoruba leaders were wary of Abiola because of his earlier support for the NPN. Politicians never forget.

abiola going to HID awolowo to beg is on public record. u don't have to remember.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladi Adebutu Flees Nigeria, Alleges Threat To Life / I Don’t Care If Amaechi Emerges Minister – Wike / Lilian Onoh Received As Ambassador Of Namibia In A Special Ceremony (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.