Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie (26703 Views)

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Feminists Are Shocked After Discovering That Feminist Glory Osei Is Married / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Favor99(m): 3:02am On Jun 08, 2018
The real feminist movements that went on in America and Europe and other parts of the world was genuine and fought for women’s equality and rights. I applaud and support the feminism movement in America/Europe.

The feminism movement in Nigeria is a complete fraud and it’s a cover-up for Nigerian women to bash and insult and hate Nigerian men. Our feminism movement in Nigeria is a scam. This is the work of the evil imperial powers of Europe/America to divide and conquer Africans. They’re dividing us. They are behind all of this. Evil whites
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 08, 2018
Favor99:
The real feminist movements that went on in America and Europe and other parts of the world was genuine and fought for women’s equality and rights. I applaud and support the feminism movement in America/Europe.

The feminism movement in Nigeria is a complete fraud and it’s a cover-up for Nigerian women to bash and insult and hate Nigerian men. Our feminism movement in Nigeria is a scam. This is the work of the evil imperial powers of Europe/America to divide and conquer Africans. They’re dividing us. They are behind all of this. Evil whites

Do you think that maybe its more of a lack of understanding of what the movement is/was about vs imperial powers?

The goal of feminism was and is for a woman to have a seat at the same table as men in terms of opportunity. I explained this earlier, American women and European women are taught that we can have it all. We can chase our dreams professionally, still maintain a family, and have a healthy relationship. Feminism teaches gender equality in all areas. Being able to contribute to society as well as the home.
But this new wave of feminism that is coming is teaching the removal for the need of man in terms of role and function.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 08, 2018
Favor99:

Believe me, they are winning.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 08, 2018
lilliesboy:
Modern feminism particularly in Nigeria and Africa is in its "transitional stage" back to orthodox feminism. We are still trying to get back there. The "Chimamanda Adichie" kind of feminism which is loaded with irrationality, foolish pride, arrogancy, rudeness, "busy-body" in foreign matters of US women and the Twitter/Facebook "profile description" of their former Firstladies e.t.c, is a way of transiting to orthodox feminism which formulates and makes use of THEORETICAL frameworks in its fight towards the concept of "M = W" in a predominantly patriarchal society.

In addition, I think no theist or dedicated member of an organized and patriarchal religion qualifies to call themselves feminist. I have said this before on several occassions.

Feminism and to some extent gender equality will always be at odds with a heavily patriarchal society.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:38am On Jun 08, 2018
oxygenlove:
Start To Observe Ur Kids. Both M/F . Then U Know Its A Design From God. A Man Will Always Be A Man
This one can never apply to me.
Children should be trained to me there is no design there I have seen kids and it is obvious that both genders need to be well trained that line of a man would always be a man in what way?Or are there no male children whom you have seen who seem to have no upbringing that makes no sense in regards to training.
That in my own opinion makes no sense.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Favor99(m): 5:01am On Jun 08, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Do you think that maybe its more of a lack of understanding of what the movement is/was about vs imperial powers?

The goal of feminism was and is for a woman to have a seat at the same table as men in terms of opportunity. I explained this earlier, American women and European women are taught that we can have it all. We can chase our dreams professionally, still maintain a family, and have a healthy relationship. Feminism teaches gender equality in all areas. Being able to contribute to society as well as the home.
But this new wave of feminism that is coming is teaching the removal for the need of man in terms of role and function.
I completely support women rights. I support equal rights for men and women. But this feminism in Nigeria is just an excuse to bash males.
And yes the imperial powers are behind it. They control the media and a lot of things.

Nigerians who didn't used to care so much about colorism, are
so much into it, the bleaching of skin, hating dark skin color. I was in church, I love the African drum beats we have when we do praise and worship, I was so disappointed when they corrupted the beautiful music to try and sound American. American music is beautiful and good, but we have our own music we should embrace. The evil white powers have infiltrated every where and are spreading Anti-African stuff all over the world.

If blacks really controlled Nigerian media we would be embracing ourselves, loving ourselves, our skin color, not worshipping whites or anything white

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Favor99(m): 5:02am On Jun 08, 2018
OfficialDad:

Believe me, they are winning.
Yea unfortunately
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by makydebbie(f): 5:45am On Jun 08, 2018
MissCokie:

That's good. kiss
Thanks love. kiss
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by shugamummy: 5:51am On Jun 08, 2018
bukatyne:

Thanks for your bitter peal/pill; you can give it to females around you to swallow.

Out world view is different. What seems strange to you is another person's normal as far as they are crossing any moral code.

If in your world, all women are housewives, in others, the wives work.

Just marry someone your level.

You see how you cast yaself. Who mentions being a housewife. Cos ur mind is focused on ranting keeping a woman as housewife doing nothing but offering sex and food. Auntie weather you are streetwife or under the bridge wife,point is if a man keeps u in the status of wife,you must act like a wife and do what wives do. That's your status . In fact,as Mafia Manager advises,if you are in a position of subordinate,you behave like a subordinate until you come your way to be the boss. In other words,if the Boss is still around you better desist from claiming Boss. How do we drill this into your head. Not all women are qualified nor will graduate into motherhood,its not by force....wishing you success in ur Daddy's house as you slayand claim feminist online
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by TOSIN116: 6:00am On Jun 08, 2018
MissCokie:

A feminist should be ever ready to face responsibilities just like the male child. If she deserves equal rights with him, then he deserve equal power to disagree with her anytime, any day , any where.

A feminist should be ready to split fire wood, fix generator, push wheel barrow to feed.
also fill up the army
provide for the family
pay the groom price etc
the we will know they are serious cheesy
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by MissCokie(f): 7:18am On Jun 08, 2018
TOSIN116:

also fill up the army
provide for the family
pay the groom price etc
the we will know they are serious cheesy

grin also think like a man, act like a man, solve issues like a man. The wide gap is too much.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

Sometimes, love isn't enough.

What breed are you? I mean, horse breed? cheesy
seriously love is everything. I am a shire grin
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by lilliesboy(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Feminism and to some extent gender equality will always be at odds with a heavily patriarchal society.
It is a form of "class-struggle" in itself - the class of males and the class of females being different and antagonistic to each other as a result of one class (the males) dominating and exploiting the other for its own gain. It is similar in many aspects to Karl Marx's concept of class-struggle (i.e. Conflict theory). Patriarchy thrives more on religion and other cultural norms.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by 1990news: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2018
ubunja:
sweden is the feminist capital of europe. and coincidentially its the rape capital of europe too. local men have long since stopped bothering to protect swedish women from islamist rapists because its women who campaign for these immigrants and cant be reasoned with.
give women power watch them ruin themselves.

Women can't handle power. That's why the op said, they should master the craft of bravery, emotional control, etc. The op was right on point.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by oxygenlove(m): 10:20am On Jun 08, 2018
ireneidiva:
Did anybody say they shout equality?
So Whats Feminism All About?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by oxygenlove(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

This one can never apply to me.
Children should be trained to me there is no design there I have seen kids and it is obvious that both genders need to be well trained that line of a man would always be a man in what way?Or are there no male children whom you have seen who seem to have no upbringing that makes no sense in regards to training.
That in my own opinion makes no sense.
a man will always be a man, take it ; train ur boy to anything you want, hes gona make decision on his own one day,. feminism in Nigeria is hate,bitterness and laziness.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2018
oxygenlove:
a man will always be a man, take it ; train ur boy to anything you want, hes gona make decision on his own one day,. feminism in Nigeria is hate,bitterness and laziness.
Your problem you could not counter my point but came in with the usual a man would always be a man(in what aspect) I would not take that because that does not belong to me or my school of thought. Well I know men who do not live up to those stereotypes that one is not a gender thing because every responsible adults would make decisions for themselves.
Before a man became a man as you put it he was once a child and is expected to be trained by his parents.
And my husband and I would train our children to be anything we want,so as for them male and female to make good decisions for themselves when they become adults.
You brought feminism into it and let me gladly tell you that is not feminism but since you choose to believe it as such hatred,bitterness,laziness is not synonymous to feminism alone.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2018
babeosisi:

The word has a bad rap now so I have a new term for people like me
I am a female advocate not a feminist
Inyinya long time o

Long time.
But do you support Adichies type of feminism?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by pocohantas(f): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2018
majekdom2:
seriously love is everything. I am a shire grin
Naso, I am a shire too. We are all shires.
You know it is never enough, but I no get strength to drag am with you. I just saw your post and felt like trolling you small cheesy

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by oxygenlove(m): 11:35am On Jun 08, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Your problem you could not counter my point but came in with the usual a man would always be a man(in what aspect) I would not take that because that does not belong to me or my school of thought. Well I know men who do not live up to those stereotypes that one is not a gender thing because every responsible adults would make decisions for themselves.
Before a man became a man as you put it he was once a child and is expected to be trained by his parents.
And my husband and I would train our children to be anything we want,so as for them male and female to make good decisions for themselves when they become adults.
You brought feminism into it and let me gladly tell you that is not feminism but since you choose to believe it as such hatred,bitterness,laziness is not synonymous to feminism alone.
coz i dont knw what feminism is all about. u can enlighten me on it .just summarise it. please
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by 1990news: 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Long time.

Who is Adichies?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

Naso, I am a shire too. We are all shires.
You know it is never enough, but I no get strength to drag am with you. I just saw your post and felt like trolling you small cheesy
lols, madam troll. How you dey and your bobo?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by babeosisi: 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Long time.

She is a business woman
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by lilliesboy(m): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
oxygenlove:
Start To Observe Ur Kids. Both M/F . Then U Know Its A Design From God. A Man Will Always Be A Man
There is no such thing as a "design" from god or whatever spiritual entity. The supposed reason why "men are or will always be men" lies in the difference in the SOCIALIZATION process of both sexes mainly in the family, religious and even educational institutions. Gender is a man-made construct, and not all men are physically "stronger," intelligent and economically independent than women. Queen Amina of Zaria; Queen Mother - Yaa Asantewa, of ancient Ashanti Kingdom in Ghana that personally LED 5,000 warriors to fight against the European colonialists; the brave ex-Nigerian Police officer that hails from Bayelsa State who is popularly called "Madam" or Mama Rose e.t.c, should come to mind. In fact, how many men can fight and beat Muhammad Ali's daughter - the boxer? And are you aware that the security camera we use today was first invented by a Black woman (a nurse) in the USA named Marie van Brittan Brown in the year 1966, and there are other several technological inventions and brave MILITARY actions by women that are either unacredited, undocumented or popularized on mainstream media?

Give both sexes relatively equal chances to compete and you may be surprised that the females will excel more than males in most cases. But, that will start from the SOCIALIZATION process in the family.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by GiantParrot(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
lilliesboy:

The supposed reason why "men are or will always be men" lies in the difference in the SOCIALIZATION process of both sexes mainly in the family, religious and even educational institutions.

What are your thoughts on how this socialization took its form in the first place?

Do you think this socialization was more or less uniform across the many different independent cultures in human history that had clear gender differences and roles?

Gender is a man-made construct, and not all men are physically "stronger," intelligent and economically independent than women.

Would you say gender is also a manmade construct in the case of monkeys, lions and the many different animals that show distinct gender differences?

Are you familiar with the bell curve as it relates to trait/attribute distributions among the genders?

Give both sexes relatively equal chances to compete and you may be surprised that the females will excel more than males in most cases.

An extraordinary supposition you have made here. Can you present any extraordinary evidence to give this some credibility?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by GiantParrot(m): 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

The word equality in relations to gender equality is highly misunderstood read equality before the law for example.

Would you mind explaining what gender equality means? I mean, what is the full scope of gender equality?

Can you list examples of societal issues that a movement for gender equality should address?

Can you think of any way ideas related to gender equality may be misapplied?

If you were chartered to carry out a study, what attributes or indices would you use to assess a society to determine its performance on gender equality?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by pocohantas(f): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
majekdom2:
lols, madam troll. How you dey and your bobo?

They are fine grin
Thanks for asking.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

They are fine grin
Thanks for asking.
Na wa oo @ they. Which dey we go come chop rice and chicken now?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by pocohantas(f): 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
majekdom2:
Na wa oo @ they. Which dey we go come chop rice and chicken now?

When one of them decides to bell the cat grin
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

When one of them decides to bell the cat grin
make I call them tell them say time dey go Na. I want to see you pregnant.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by pocohantas(f): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
majekdom2:
make I call them tell them say time dey go Na. I want to see you pregnant.

Hahaha. Leave me o.
I'm looking for a rich man tongue
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
babeosisi:

She is a business woman

Cashing in on feminism ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' / Will You Take Your Wife Back If She Cheats On You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.