Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:50 PM

Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? (52224 Views)

Is He Being Selfish Or Self-centered? / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting / Am I Selfish Or My Girlfriend Wrong For Been Angry With Me ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Duru009(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
This guy, don't you have common sense at all, if you invest that #5million in her. You will certainly regret it. Mark my word. I will advice you use that money to buy land or make personal investment in your name.
Her response says it all !

#speaking from experience!

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Adukey(f): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
CryptoClub2018:

I don't mean to beg him and I'm ashamed of myself too but I hope and pray it would b my last beg in life.

Amin, may God ease our affairs

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by barajo1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Abeg, wetin be the name of the movie?
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by 2buffagain(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is actually a VERY common mindset among nigerian females.
EVEN the ones out here in obodo oyinbo where that kind of mindset especially wouldn't work.

It is why a lot of them are still single, wretched and miserable.
They are waiting for some fool with a penis to marry them so that they can quickly quit their job and become utterly useless to the man and to themselves, requesting for pad money every week. Disgusting filth. undecided

Especially the ones who insult the bible by using this HELPER line...from what I know of this type of women, they are incapable of thinking for themselves and usually just go off by whatever someone else besides their husband tells them to say and act. Which means SOMEONE is telling them these things....

I've come to understand that, among other sources like bad friends who deceive them, these lies are also being perpetrated by a sadly huge amount of African pastors. Some ginger these women with all sorts of lies and delusions to keep them single and continually seeking for the lie they've been told to expect, which means more "sacrificial offerings". And that is how a female incapable of applying her own brain to a matter will come and be talking these sorts of nonsense with so much confidence because she has been deceived that her selfishness/laziness is indeed the right, "holy", and expected way that only a "real man" will appreciate.

VERY RARELY IF AT ALL will you hear a church speak on Proverbs 31.
It is only a woman who reads the bible for herself that gets sense. Most just blindly follow whatever "pastor" abi "daddy" says.
Meanwhile "daddy" just wants to be surrounded by young nubile devotees for as long as he can! grin

Some of you reading this might be going "no thats not my pastor" But see, Sex may not neccessarily be involved, but it does wonders to a man's ego to have so many (clueless) females around him (that he controls) calling him endearing names cheesy. These things become less so when these females get actual sense and become married.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by emesv26(m): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
is not yet late Run for your life....

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
Dear Narialanders.

I and my girlfriend had a hitup conversation this afternoon that we even quarrel after then.

This is the issue, she read medlab in school and she is planning to go for her internship by Gods grace soon. I told her that after our wedding I will be giving her five million to setup a LAB and after 8 months she can start contribute for the upkeep of the family and when we start having kids.
My Dear brethren in Christ, do you know her reply? She said NO, she can only provide when the husband exhaust his money on the family. I then asked her whats the point opening a bizness if you cant make a joint contribution with your husband at the end of the month for the upkeep of the family.
She said said her work is a HELPER she can only help her husband when the husbands own finishes. My Dear I was shock.

She Even said I will be giving her money for her hair, cloth e.t.cs, when the bizness is still functioning fine. My reply was that what then will you be using your money to do? She said I don't have business with her money, I should face my responsibilities as the man, she can only assist me when I don't Av cash.. I told her is better you even be a house wife than acting in such manner.

Her Female friend was siding her oo. .
What's you take on this.

Mumu so you can't see say she no love you one bit? You are like a friend nothing more even if she still marry you. You are a fool for still asking this question. You are a big fool! Are you cursed?

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Aleora(f): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
Dear Narialanders.

I and my girlfriend had a hitup conversation this afternoon that we even quarrel after then.

This is the issue, she read medlab in school and she is planning to go for her internship by Gods grace soon. I told her that after our wedding I will be giving her five million to setup a LAB and after 8 months she can start contribute for the upkeep of the family and when we start having kids.
My Dear brethren in Christ, do you know her reply? She said NO, she can only provide when the husband exhaust his money on the family. I then asked her whats the point opening a bizness if you cant make a joint contribution with your husband at the end of the month for the upkeep of the family.
She said said her work is a HELPER she can only help her husband when the husbands own finishes. My Dear I was shock.

She Even said I will be giving her money for her hair, cloth e.t.cs, when the bizness is still functioning fine. My reply was that what then will you be using your money to do? She said I don't have business with her money, I should face my responsibilities as the man, she can only assist me when I don't Av cash.. I told her is better you even be a house wife than acting in such manner.

What's you take on this.

ehehehhe,tomorrow you will come here and say my wife is driving me crazy,now you have seen the signs and you planning to overlook ba?dont worry marriage will tell u whatsap.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Aleora(f): 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
emesv26:
is not yet late Run for your life....
I swear,am.surprised
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
ednut1:
hr might be lieng about d 5m sha. Have faced sometin lik dis before. Met one babe at an event , we bcam friends and wanted to date her o. This babe pman get money and foots most of her bills. D sis earns 500k in a bank bt when she bashes d car she uses na pman dey pay cheesy. D babe told me if we marry na me go dey foot all bills (her wigs lasan na 60k), say her money is hers mine is ours. Ontop my small salary. I just flee o. One prince don engage am now grin

Congratulations to the prince. He just played himself.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

Nope. That's feminist rubbish.

That's like saying a man should be able to cook, I clean and take care of the children to an extent. All this eventually brings disrespect. A man is the head and a woman is his help meet. God has given everyone their roles. You have not business getting married if you're going to delegate your responsibility to your wife. You might as well start cooking breakfast and changing the child's pampers too.

Me I can cook & clean oh. I took care of my Sis children for good 1 Yr and 6 months. Cooked for them, bathe them, changed their diapers etc. & this was 7 years ago. Now I'm good & I can live by myself.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by aloyin(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
must Nigerians comment with insult? We only discuss on it, I didn't give her the money.

Btw she nver said she wont contribute, she said she will only contribute when am down financially.
so, u too want to wait till d time dat u wil broke so dat she can help? R u sure u r man enof? Well my advise is dat u shud 4olo ur mind. But plz dnt come here later and be telling us dat Ladies r wicked. We r tired of reading news on broke marriage. ABEG!
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by paprika212(f): 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
IamD18:
Bruv, how do you want the thunder that will strike sense and brain inside you?

How do you want the thunder

Boiled or fried? embarassed
chop kisses, best comment
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
braine:

Lol. What makes you think you can replace her? Do you think you have the qualities she has (apart from the selfish one) that made OP go out of his mind in thinking he will drop the huge amount? There's more to a relationship than money
A selfish spouse is a life long liability. Her sense of entitlement is off the charts.
And why am I explaining to you? Do you have any five million naira you aren't using?

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Sarah20A(f): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
is 5 milion worth invest not enov to provide for the family?
this story is fake,whoever have 5 million to give to a woman shouldn't be bothered about the family expenses because there should be more where that came from undecidedbeside,he hasn't even opened it for her .to me the woman is a responsible woman who knows when is necessary to help her man
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Sarah20A(f): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
mistacoco:
is 5 milion worth invest not enov to provide for the family?
5 million is lot of money but it depends on the type of business undecided this is a 8 months imaginary business they don't need to quarrel over it
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
Lalas247:
It’s very simple....
Do not invest ..... let her go and get that 5 million with her blood,sweat and tears ...

I’m sure if she funds it herself you will be more than happy to sustain your family.. she can buy her hair and clothes when she gets it up and running ...
Take that 5million open small business get sales girl or something that way you have extra income coming in ...invest or buy land just don’t give it to her ...

Pls don’t quote me ....

Chairman,
Your head correct well well.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by sportfeva(m): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
Op, she's wrong. don't marry selfish and self centre girl. She only care about herself and don't have the spirit of helping people.
That's a poverty mindset.

The same goes to ladies.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by 400billionman: 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
ednut1:
hr might be lieng about d 5m sha. Have faced sometin lik dis before. Met one babe at an event , we bcam friends and wanted to date her o. This babe pman get money and foots most of her bills. D sis earns 500k in a bank bt when she bashes d car she uses na pman dey pay cheesy. D babe told me if we marry na me go dey foot all bills (her wigs lasan na 60k), say her money is hers mine is ours. Ontop my small salary. I just flee o. One prince don engage am now grin
U are lying A lady earning N500,000 a month in a bank has worked over 15years IS this your lady over 40 years or she got promotions every 2 years
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by braine(m): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Chi59:

A selfish spouse is a life long liability. Her sense of entitlement is off the charts.
And why am I explaining to you? Do you have any five million naira you aren't using?

Well, you can't say. Date me first then find out. cool
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by ednut1(m): 11:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
400billionman:
U are lying A lady earning N500,000 a month in a bank has worked over 15years IS this your lady over 40 years or she got promotions every 2 years
access bank entry salary was 240-250k wen she entered. Works in a unit in head office treasury nd also did trading too. 5th year. Dey der u hear. Go find out wat an SBO earns in gt, diamond nd stanbic
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by benswagtt(m): 5:18am On Jun 11, 2018
bethyz:
Do you know what she is 101% right. Every young man who is not married will say go against that. If you go for counselling for marriage they will tell you men should take there mind off what is in the woman's pocket. Be a responsible man take care of the family. The woman will help when it's necceasery. She is a help mate. You can discuss with her which possible way she wants to contribute . You will find out you dont even need to tell her she will take up some responsibility who ever is telling you dump her leave her she isn't a good woman is just childish. I went for three month proper counselling for marriage in Winners Chapel. She is right. take care of her love her. You will find out all she said won't be what she will do .
imagine nonsense.... i never believed people like u existed until I saw ur comment

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by partnerbiz4: 6:19am On Jun 11, 2018
Elder001:

what compensations? remember this isn't the Uk or USA

and I hope you're not referring to child support because there's nothing like child support in the Nigerian
constitution. South Africa is the only African country that
has child support inscribed in her constitution.
NASS and CJN never implemented anything like child
support.
any judge ordering people to pay child support is on his
own because such orders aren't enforceable.
In the USA, Congress created and legalized an agency
which sole responsibility is to enforce child support orders.
European countries also have agencies for the sole
purpose of enforcement of child support.
But because there's nothing like child support in our
constitution, there is also no pointed out way of enforcing
such orders.
I believe men who pay child support in Nigeria do so
because they want to take care of their kids not because of
the child support order itself.

Are all laws in the constitution?

And what's your authority for saying all these? Are you a lawyer?
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by smeag0l(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2018
Mine didn't even do up to this before I ditched her. She got a contract bank job and started telling me that her slary will not be enough for her and that I need to support her financially. I never called her again after that conversation. I'm in search of a new bae now
mistacoco:
Dear Narialanders.

What's you take on this.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by 400billionman: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2018
ednut1:
access bank entry salary was 240-250k wen she entered. Works in a unit in head office treasury nd also did trading too. 5th year. Dey der u hear. Go find out wat an SBO earns in gt, diamond nd stanbic
Okay
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2018
braine:

Well, you can't say. Date me first then find out. cool
wink
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Coldfeets: 10:08am On Jun 11, 2018
Chi59:

You again...? wink

Okay.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2018
Coldfeets:

You again...? wink

Okay.
(In Jenifa's voice) What I do?
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Joylove0267: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
your girlfriend is selfish, a woman is suppose to help her husband run the expenses, so she wants to tell us that if she wants to buy pant or see children clothes that she like she will have to wait for you the husband before she buy them, thats very bad.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
partnerbiz4:

Are all laws in the constitution?

And what's your authority for saying all these? Are you a lawyer?

My wife is a lawyer.
My dad is also a lawyer.

No Nigerian judge on earth can make me to pay child support because I'm a constitutional man.

That's it.. I'll never allow any woman to use me as meal ticket because of children.

If she can't part custody then she'll take care of the child alone.. it's that simple

If the court order me to pay her any money for the child's upkeep, I won't and nothing will happen.. The judge should quote the section of the 1999 constitution or the 2011 amended parts where he/she saw child support legalization...

they'll be the ones to beg me later... if the woman sees that she can't take care of the child alone ,she'll have no choice but to part custody.

I remember in 2016 my uncle's wife filed for divorce and the judge ordered him to be paying 56k monthly child upkeep.. As a constitutional man, I stood up and asked him Your Honour; Can you please remind the court the section of the constition where the federal government or the national assembly legalized child support?

he became mute.. I asked him another question

Your honour; should this be a voluntarily order or a compulsory order that my uncle must pay that money monthly and mustn't default?

he couldn't quote the section of the constitution where child support is inscribed!

In the end the woman, her family and the judge started begging my uncle to at least consider giving her something but he refused... the judge had to grant him custody

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by 2buffagain(m): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
smeag0l:
Mine didn't even do up to this before I ditched her. She got a contract bank job and started telling me that her slary will not be enough for her and that I need to support her financially. I never called her again after that conversation. I'm in search of a new bae now

Now that's what you call Self-respect.
More nigerian guys should follow suite when met with unrealistic demands such as this.

What a lot of Naija guys don't see in scenarios like these is the indirect-but-blatant threat the girl is making i.e "If you don't give me extra money
I will be forced to suck random cawk for sustenance". Thots need to be left alone and used purely for sex to be summarily discarded afterwards. It is the only way they will learn.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by 2buffagain(m): 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
Elder001:

My wife is a lawyer.
My dad is also a lawyer.

No Nigerian judge on earth can make me to pay child support because I'm a constitutional man.

That's it.. I'll never allow any woman to use me as meal ticket because of children.

If she can't part custody then she'll take care of the child alone.. it's that simple

If the court order me to pay her any money for the child's upkeep, I won't and nothing will happen.. The judge should quote the section of the 1999 constitution or the 2011 amended parts where he/she saw child support legalization...

they'll be the ones to beg me later... if the woman sees that she can't take care of the child alone ,she'll have no choice but to part custody.

I remember in 2016 my uncle's wife filed for divorce and the judge ordered him to be paying 56k monthly child upkeep.. As a constitutional man, I stood up and asked him Your Honour; Can you please remind the court the section of the constition where the federal government or the national assembly legalized child support?

he became mute.. I asked him another question

Your honour; should this be a voluntarily order or a compulsory order that my uncle must pay that money monthly and mustn't default?

he couldn't quote the section of the constitution where child support is inscribed!

In the end the woman, her family and the judge started begging my uncle to at least consider giving her something but he refused... the judge had to grant him custody

Bros I hail!

Naija cannot give way to divorce theft as now rampant through-out the world.
It is a terribly unfair practice.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 12, 2018
2buffagain:

Bros I hail!

Naija cannot give way to divorce theft as now rampant through-out the world.
It is a terribly unfair practice.

I believe .en who're paying child support in Nigeria are doing it because of the kids and not because of the child support order itself... or maybe ignorance because there's nothing like child support in the Nigerian constitution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

MY Girlfriend's Sister Is Acting Strange / Another Groom Cancels Wedding After Finding Out Wife-to-be Visited Ex (pics/vid) / Charles Dny Jaja: Wedding Photos Of Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.