Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) (51952 Views)

Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by oooduancalmdown: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

Why does China, India, Russia, South korea, And Pakistan have nuclear weapons too?

While I don't like the US policeman attitude...the US has not developed any new nuclear bomb in decades (courtesy of the test ban treaty of 1963...which many countries,including Russia and China have signed up to).

Plus, the US got bombs because they worried the Russians might have them. Ditto the South Koreans...because NK had them first. Japan does not have a bomb yet...but if NK keeps up with the bombs...then it might get a bomb too (and they have a government in power that flirts with that idea)....which in turn ramps up tensions with China and South Korea....

Same reason why US does not want Iran to get the bomb....because the Saudis and other Arab nations might get one...and things could get very tense.

At any rate...yours truly wants to see every nuclear bomb dismantled. We don't need them. They are risky assets to have.
Okay. No nation should own a nuclear bomb.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
slimdamatrix1:

Definitely not Donald Trump, because the U. S would rain fire on North Korea and Japan and South Korea will back them up.

south korea will even be the first besides that not even possible with the anti sniper team of trump and the amount of surveillance drones up there. the assassin is only on a mission to kill himself

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by slimdamatrix1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
KratosCorp:
Kim is not only a dictator, he is an offspring of a dictator too. I think you are the one who don't know who a dictator is. The guy is neither elected nor enthroned, so how is he not a dictator?

Try and read with understanding.
I am saying he is a dictator!

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Why trump and Kim Jong-un the behave like small kids.

Why can't they do their summit in peace without the world hearing about it.

As Old as Trump is, there's no atom of shame in him. You are 71yrs old while this idiot is 38yrs but still yet he place himself so low to have a summit with this fool.

I have so much respect in America president ( Franklin D. Roosevelt ) he can't take this rubbish act by Childish president trying to compare U.S strength.

North Korea shouldn't allow this fool to destabilize them. They should learn from what happened to Japan in 1941Hiroshima:20,000 soldiers killed70,000–126,000 civilians killed
Nagasaki:39,000–80,000 killedTotal: 129,000–226,000+ killed

Within a day
why your Daura demigod can't go to morrocco for his snapping tour and come back peaceful without any noise
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by ronaldbecky(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

As Old as Trump is, there's no atom of shame in him. You are 71yrs old while this idiot is 38yrs but still yet he place himself so low to have a summit with this fool.

I have so much respect in America president ( Franklin D. Roosevelt ) he can't take this rubbish act by Childish president trying to compare U.S strength.

North Korea shouldn't allow this fool to destabilize them. They should learn from what happened to Japan in 1941Hiroshima:20,000 soldiers killed70,000–126,000 civilians killed

Within a day
mumu idomie generation...seun dey fall hand

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by SWINQ: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
America is making this guy more popula
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Dpharisee: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
AloneTK:

The name "Dictator" does not arise after you must have attacked countries. It springs up following how you rose to power and how you exercise it. Maybe you should read more on Kim's exploits...

Trump according to US media came to power through ,collusion, with Russia, does that make him a 'dictator'?

Bashar Assad of Syria was elected in a democratic election but the West refer to him as 'dictator' is he a dictator in your opinion?

Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein were called 'dictators' and attacked under false pretenses and lies by George Bush and Obama who amongst them should be regarded as 'dictators'?

Angela Merkel is doing her forth term in office in Germany, while democratically Mugabe was called a 'dictator' for long stay in power.
The Queen of England is the Head of State of Britain and has been in power for decades, why is she not a dictator?
The King of Saudi Arabia has brutally crushed any opposition nor clamour for democracy why is he not called a 'dictator?
I can go on and on.

The reason is simple; if you are an ally to the west no matter how you came into power nor how you exercise it you will never be called a 'dictator'
But if your opinion as a leader does not rhyme with the policy drafted for your country by the west no matter how good you are or how well you rule, you are a 'dictator'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by 4everGrand(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Within a day

Wee you keep kwayet!! !

You think everything is as you think in your kolobo cave.

3 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by TroubleMaker47(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gullah:

I don't even get the point you are trying to make,
3. Then you are basically rooting for Kim to refuse to give up his nuclear weapons for peace to reign in the Korean peninsular. North Korea is better off with a peaceful Korea. Their miserable amount of nuclear weapons will avail them nothing against the vastly superior armaments at the American's disposal. Trust me, if their was a nuclear conflict between the US and the North Koreans, North Korea will be wiped off the face of the earth

True. But US would NEVER go to war with a nuclear armed country.
Infact no right thinking country would go to war with another nuclear capable country. It's suicide!!
Just one successful detonation in a populated place like new York is enough to drag US to a 2nd or 3rd world country, and that is what the US Congress would neva agree to.
So for me, if i were Kim, i would still keep my nukes as insurance against hostility from the west while i make peace with my southern neighbors and Asian brothers for economic growth n intergration.

3 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by DeepSight(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gullah:

I don't even get the point you are trying to make,

1. This is perhaps the most historic meeting on the Korean issue since the Korean war ended, how were they supposed to keep it silent? This is the biggest news in the world right now, from CNN to BBC to AlJazeera to all major Cable news networks, everyone is talking about it. How on earth are Trump and Kim jong un supposed to have kept it silent? Should they have banned all news channels from reporting about it?

2. What has the ages of Trump and Kim got to do with international diplomacy? Today the President of France is 39 years of age and President Buhari is over 70, would you consider it a let down if Buhari sat for a meeting with Macron? They are not there to represent themselves, they are there to represent their respective nations

3. Then you are basically rooting for Kim to refuse to give up his nuclear weapons for peace to reign in the Korean peninsular. North Korea is better off with a peaceful Korea. Their miserable amount of nuclear weapons will avail them nothing against the vastly superior armaments at the American's disposal. Trust me, if their was a nuclear conflict between the US and the North Koreans, North Korea will be wiped off the face of the earth

The Korean peninsula is so small it might be impossible to drop a nuke on the North without harming the South.

Has it ever occurred to you that this may account for the Norths boldness and intransigence?

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by brodalokie: 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ugosample:

He is a dictator

Period

Probably a monarch
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by kenex4ever(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
See US defence budget

Do we have defence budget at all in naija?

Negligible

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by zoedew: 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
gurunlocker:

For your mind now you dey think say you dey talk sense?

Just read what you wrote and ask yourself if you have sense.... You know nothing about foreign affairs / politics, in fact, you shouldn't be here. undecided
Sadly he does not appear to realise that freedom of speech affords one the opportunity to be known for what one is!

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Within a day
You clearly don't know anything about international politics.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by iluvpomo(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
kenex4ever:
See US defence budget

Do we have defence budget at all in naija?

Negligible
The small budget we have see how Boko Haram just the chop am .... undecided
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by somito121(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

Infact no right thinking country would go to war with another nuclear capable country. It's suicide!!
Just one successful detonation in a populated place like new York is enough to drag US to a 2nd or 3rd world country, and that is what the US Congress would neva agree to.
So for me, if i were Kim, i would still keep my nukes as insurance against hostility from the west while i make peace with my southern neighbors and Asian brothers for economic growth n intergration.
Bros you deserve an accolade.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Gullah: 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
DeepSight:

The Korean peninsula is so small it might be impossible to drop a nuke on the North without harming the South.

Has it ever occurred to you that this may account for the Norths boldness and intransigence?
It is very much possible to drop a nuke on the north without harming the south

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by SoulB6: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Dpharisee:

Trump according to US media came to power through ,collusion, with Russia, does that make him a 'dictator'?

Bashar Assad of Syria was elected in a democratic election but the West refer to him as 'dictator' is he a dictator in your opinion?

Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein were called 'dictators' and attacked under false pretenses and lies by George Bush and Obama who amongst them should be regarded as 'dictators'?

Angela Merkel is doing her forth term in office in Germany, while democratically Mugabe was called a 'dictator' for long stay in power.
The Queen of England is the Head of State of Britain and has been in power for decades, why is she not a dictator?
The King of Saudi Arabia has brutally crushed any opposition nor clamour for democracy why is he not called a 'dictator?
I can go on and on.

The reason is simple; if you are an ally to the west no matter how you came into power nor how you exercise it you will never be called a 'dictator'
But if your opinion as a leader does not rhyme with the policy drafted for your country by the west no matter how good you are or how well you rule, you are a 'dictator'
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by dlaw70(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Within a day
u can say all u want but dnt forget d folloqing(1)trump is no fool
(2)war is not d only means of settling dispute
(3)kim jong un is actually tired of isolation and numerous bans imposed on her.
(4)whatever be d outcome of d meeting,negative or positive,d world will agree trump is a peace builder
(5)left for trump,he would have upturn d little man and his country to ashes,but holding this meeting will award him d benefit to blast north korea to d earth crust without much of d world complaining when after d meeting d mad man of asia continues to misbehave.

Just know that trump is too smart

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by KratosCorp: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
1. You should stop talking; and focus on learning.

2. You watch too much CNN; not good for your mental health.

Ever heard of parliaments and political parties?

As I said earlier, you should get fixed in the learning mode.

[s]

Dpharisee:

I can go on and on.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by jrusky(m): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
stagger:

Trump is the president of the most powerful nation on earth. You are just a tiny inconsequential faceless nitwit hiding behind your 10" screen to type rubbish.

Even your English makes us query what school you attended.

Pls stop quoting him or responding to him he is just not in right page with sense so forgive him.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Gullah: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

The US has anti missile batteries that will bring down those missiles before they reach the continental US and North Korea will be literally obliterated before they get the chance to fire anyone that will hit target in the US. What you need to factor is that the North Koreans have no military base near the US border and they will have to fire their missiles from afar which US radar will pick up in no time and take actions to stop. The US on the other hand has military bases in both South Korea and Japan right at the doorstep of the North Koreans. Believe me the contest will be over in no time. Kim jong Un's best defence against any US attack would be China's willingness (Which I doubt) to get involved. Kim should give up his miserable nuclear arsenal in return for lifting of economic sanctions that has crippled the North Korean economy. At any rate, the North might end up imploding within itself if he doesn't do anything to salvage the terrible economic situation in the country.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by somito121(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gullah:

The US has anti missile batteries that will bring down those missiles before they reach the continental US and North Korea will be literally obliterated before they get the chance to fire anyone that will hit target in the US. What you need to factor is that the North Koreans have no military base near the US border and they will have to fire their missiles from afar which US radar will pick up in no time and take actions to stop. The US on the other hand has military bases in both South Korea and Japan right at the doorstep of the North Koreans. Believe me the contest will be over in no time. Kim jong Un's best defence against any US attack would be China's willingness (Which I doubt) to get involved. Kim should give up his miserable nuclear arsenal in return for lifting of economic sanctions that has crippled the North Korean economy. At any rate, the North might end up imploding within itself if he doesn't do anything to salvage the terrible economic situation in the country.
Bros do you know how WWI started? Some person's comment here makes me laugh.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Gullah: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
somito121:

Bros do you know how WWI started? Some person's comment here makes me laugh.
I don't get your point
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Dpharisee: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
KratosCorp:
1. You should stop talking; and focus on learning.

2. You watch too much CNN; not good for your mental health.

Ever heard of parliaments and political parties?

As I said earlier, you should get fixed in the learning mode.

I cant remember the last time I watched CNN, I am too exposed in international politics above CNN propaganda called 'news'
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by NothingDoMe: 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
try and understand the sense behind it oga
Your problem was that you tried to gather likes by being neither here nor there. Also a consequence of rushing to post.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by KratosCorp: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
I think you are not getting the chess move being played out here. No one wants to go to war - not even Russia or China - at least not against the US.

Did you see how Kim literally begged to have this summit back on the table? Did you see the craft that brought him and his team to Singapore? My friend, NK will 100% delucliarize.

Trump is playing a 40D chess on this timeline, China knows it.

All Trump needs is to tighten a few economic and defence noozes here and there - and probably throw Russia a few bones that it cannot refuse while at it - and, bam, both China and Europe will get humble fast.

NK is a zero factor. They are only being propped up by China as a bargaining chip. But so bad for them, no one expected Trump to show up in the oval office.

TroubleMaker47:

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Sunsets: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
That word "deplaned" makes me feeling sapiosexually Hot for the writer
Explorers:
The U.S. president arrived in Singapore today for talks that could change the course of history and earn him the Nobel Peace Prize, if successful in convincing the world’s most isolated nation to end its pursuit of mankind’s most deadly weapons.

After a grueling 21 hours of travel that included a refueling stop on a Greek island, Trump touched down at Paya Labar Air Base on Sunday evening.

He gave a short wave as he deplaned, and told journalists nearby he was feeling 'very good' about his meeting on Tuesday morning local time with Kim Jong-un.

He gave a short wave to the press, and told journalists nearby he was feeling 'very good' about his meeting on Tuesday morning local time with Kim Jong-un.

US President Donald Trump (C) is welcomed by Singapore's Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan (L) after Air Force One arrived at Paya Lebar Air Base in Singapore on Sunday evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5826357/Trump-sets-sights-elusive-nuclear-deal-North-Koreas-Kim-Singapore.html
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by somito121(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Gullah:

I don't get your point
What I am trying to say is that based on your comment, if US should dare strike north Korea with nuclear weapons then US will lose a lot. Go and read what caused WWI
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

namesake learn from what the guy has to say
1. just US military drill and anti missle defense in asia could counter any missile NK would wana launch not even mentioning US anti missile so wiping them is just a lil thing for US

2. you saying if u were kim you would sideline with neighboring countries like SK n Japan is laughable without US SK n Japan is little and to note those countries u mentioned are US puppets and basically look up to US for anything concerning North korea
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by busco59: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

So you don't know Nigeria is is a shytehole?
I never knew before your comment, lol.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by KratosCorp: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is 2018 my friend. A lot has changed.

somito121:

What I am trying to say is that based on your comment, if US should dare strike north Korea with nuclear weapons then US will lose a lot. Go and read what caused WWI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ten Things To Know About Liz Truss, New UK Prime Minister (Photos) / Obama Expels Russian Diplomats / Israeli Missiles Hit Iran, Iraq And Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.