Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? (1110 Views)

Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men / Reasons Why Women Believe Their Men Won't Cheat, But Why They Ends Up Cheating / 13 Lies Women Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by franko2: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
I have in recent times become concerned at the rate of abortion  that have happened to my knowledge (i was also guilty a few times!) in our society. It makes me wonder whether our women consider contraception a useful tool in preventing pregnancy?  Or is there some other thinking about it?

Recently, i decided to break off my relationship with my gal in PH, for the simple reason she was TOTALLY opposed to taking contraceptives. Infact, the strength of her opposition to my suggestion came as a very big shock!

I would like to hear from both male and females, what the real situation is, or  more like what the real thinking is out there.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Don't you know how to use a Condom? undecided
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by franko2: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ujujoan:

Don't you know how to use a Condom? undecided

a bit beside the point, this is meant to be slightly less narrow minded as u may think oo, no vex!
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by indie22(f): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
A lot of women (not specifically nigerian) don't like to use contraceptives (except when absolutely necessary) because some people experience side effects from them. I don't know if they have them in nigeria but you can have a coil fitted in you and you won't have to worry about getting pregnant for a couple of years.

But really, we should be asking you guys this question, "if you know a lot of nigerian women do not like contraceptives and you as men cannot make the decision to wear a condom, you shouldn't you be prepared for whatever happens afterwards"?
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by bigfather(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2010
My wifey has been usin it for a couple of years now and whenever we feel like having a baby,she stops using it and that's all. Honestly , it has been working for us well. We just dey FIRE dey go anytime we feel like ! lol grin
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by queeneve: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2010
Contraception causes a lot of fertility issues in women and not only fertility issues there are addition side effects
that may or may not be known. I always encourages my clients to use Natural birth control if they are with one partner and committed relationship preferably married. However, I know the rise of fornication predates marital sex so I always encourage a test before intimacy and effective condoms.

However, condoms does not prevent HPV (Human Papiloma Virus) warts or lesions that causes cervical cancer
in women. There are host of diseases that are not protected by condoms and I strongly suggest one faithful partner or abstinence (no sex until marriage).

The natural birth control is called Billings Method, which is simply avoiding sex during a woman peak stage during her cycle. The safest time for sex is the day of her last period up to ten days depending on how long her menses cycle some women cycle lasts 28 days until menstruation and some women 31 days so the best thing to do is count her cycle starting from her last day to the first day of her period record that and also look in her panties during the 10th day after her period to check for mucus if the mucus is thick that her fertility peak. Fertility peak usually last 3-4 days
depending on her cycle.

Health is more important then pleasure.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2010
The pill has a hosts of side-effects some of which include;   
 * Nausea, vomiting, constipation, or bloating
    * Irregular menstruation and spotting
    * br3ests swelling or tenderness
    * Decreased libido
    * Weight gain or loss of appetite
    * Mood swings, anxiety, nervousness or depression
    * Changes in womanly discharge and womanly infections
    * Headaches, dizziness and fatigue
    * High blood pressure and cholesterol
    * Acne or permanent discolouration of the face
    * Fluid retention
    * Bone density loss
    * Hair loss or changes in hair growth
    * Enlarged ovarian follicles

Now before you blame women for sleeping with you try putting a rubber on it.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by 28Schweet(f): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2010
queeneve:

Contraception causes a lot of fertility issues in women and not only fertility issues there are addition side effects
that may or may not be known. I always encourages my clients to use Natural birth control if they are with one partner and committed relationship preferably married. However, I know the rise of fornication predates marital intimacy so I always encourage a test before intimacy and effective condoms.

However, condoms does not prevent HPV (Human Papiloma Virus) warts or lesions that causes cervical cancer
in women. There are host of diseases that are not protected by condoms and I strongly suggest one faithful partner or abstinence (no intimacy until marriage).

The natural birth control is called Billings Method, which is simply avoiding intimacy during a woman peak stage during her cycle. The safest time for intimacy is the day of her last period up to ten days depending on how long her menses cycle some women cycle lasts 28 days until menstruation and some women 31 days so the best thing to do is count her cycle starting from her last day to the first day of her period record that and also look in her panties during the 10th day after her period to check for mucus if the mucus is thick that her fertility peak. Fertility peak usually last 3-4 days
depending on her cycle.

Health is more important then pleasure.
heaven am i glad ur practicing your quak mentality where ever it is ur @, I suggest you research a bit before posting such myopic views. FYI, condoms when used correctly can prevent and minimise the risk of STD's including HPV. Most STD's are trasmitted via bodily fluids, e.g. semen, saliva & blood. the genital warts come out because the blood is infected and the wart is a side effect of whatever STD.

In your natural birth advocating time, do you also tell your 'clients' that ovulation times change, that hormone levels sometimes dip, or do you give them ovulation test kits. I suggest you say to your clients they abstain altogether, rather than playing Russian roulette with their lives. Pregnancy isn't the only result of unprotected sex you know,

Ebonyeyes:

The pill has a hosts of side-effects some of which include;
* Nausea, vomiting, constipation, or bloating
* Irregular menstruation and spotting
* br3ests swelling or tenderness
* Decreased libido
* Weight gain or loss of appetite
* Mood swings, anxiety, nervousness or depression
* Changes in womanly discharge and womanly infections
* Headaches, dizziness and fatigue
* High blood pressure and cholesterol
* Acne or permanent discolouration of the face
* Fluid retention
* Bone density loss
* Hair loss or changes in hair growth
* Enlarged ovarian follicles

Now before you blame women for sleeping with you try putting a rubber on it.
what the women in 'less priviledged' areas of nigeria should do, is advocate the use of IUD's, and other forms of contraception other than pills. the female condom is another option,

RISK VS REWARD,

lipsrsealed SMH @ this.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by nellaluv(f): 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
lol @ female condoms cheesy .
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by franko2: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2010
Only the hypocrites on here, continue to insist on condom usage for those who have a steady relationship, we know most of u people dont use condoms, please stop pretending.

I can understand the suggestions so far, and i thank you guys who have have made them, but contraception is what makes those in western societies have only one or two kids even when in a marriage or relationship - pikin dey expensive ooo
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by queeneve: 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
28schweet,

It is clear that you are no medical professional, so please leave this to CERTIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, AND LEAVE YOUTUBE VIDEOS ALONE,

READING COMPREHENSION IS IMPORTANT, IMPROVE IT,
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by queeneve: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2010
HPV HAVE TWO STRAINS, VIRUS STRAIN AND GENTIAL WART STRAIN,

THE VIRUS STRAIN CAUSES CERVICAL AND UTERUS CANCER IN WOMEN AND ONCE HAVE GENTIAL WARTS, IT NVER GOES AWAY, IT LIKE CONTRACTING HERPES, CONDOM ARE NOT 100% EFFECTIVE AND IF YOU WANT TO BE SAFE,
WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE MARRIED WITH ONE FAITHFUL AND INFECTED FREE PARTNER,

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK WARTS OCCURS? NOTHING TO DO WITH FLUIDS, SIGHS!

WARTS OCCUR THROUGH SKIN CONTACT OF THOSE INFECTED WITH GENTIAL WARTS, SEE THAT WHY YALL bleeped UP NOW LISTENING TO UNCERTIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS!
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2010
naija women dont necessarily believe contraception is a bad thing, imo.

though a surprisingly high percentage of them are sexually active and do not use protection.

scary thought when you consider the implications and effects.

it's just a very vicious cycle.

i noticed people from strict religious backgrounds are more likely to be in this type of scenario. I wonder why.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by queeneve: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
That why half of my clients are infected with HIV OR/AND STDS

They think condoms are not important, however I tell them condoms are not 100% effective even when use correctly per se, it still not 100% effective and the BEST SAFE SEX IS NO SEX OR SEX WITH ONE FAITHFUL PARTNER WHO IS NOT INFECTED.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by agathamari(f): 3:41am On Jun 06, 2010
condoms are not 100% effective. depending on the study they are between 75-95%when used and stored properly (below 80 degree f).  not all std's can be prevented with condom use.  fluid transmitted std's like the clap/hiv/hep c are preventable in most cases.  contact std's like herpes/crabs are NOT preventable.  hpv is debated but most believe it is not preventable and only 6 out of the 30+ variant/strains have symptoms  (warts) while another 5 cause cervical cancer and there have been ties to testicular cancer as well. nearly 80% of women will contract some strain of hpv in their lifetime - hpv vaccines are available to women and in some countries men.  family planning/bilings method is only effective if you know the actual date of ovulation which can happen at any time during a woman's cycle (it is possible to become pregnant while on your period) and can happen multiple times during a cycle.  if you know you and your partner are clean and faithful you can use hormonal birth control, copper iud's, spermicide, sponges, diaphragms or condoms as well as surgical methods (male is more effective, easier to reverse and less likely to cause complications).  some people view it as being agaist god and wrong especially when married to use birth control, but if it is agaist god to prevent a pregnancy wouldn't it also be agaist god to kill the child?
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by cuteconnec: 12:26am On Jun 07, 2010
Lets take a look at the moral axis. Contraception even within marriage is bad.It is unafrican and dangerous to health. Abstinence for the unmarried, faithfullness and natural birth control for the married is the way.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 07, 2010
Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing?
Yea, it's against our religion.
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Outstrip(f): 1:11am On Jun 07, 2010
FL Gators:

But pre marital sex isn't
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 07, 2010
Outstrip:

But pre marital sex isn't 
Nah, that's allowed. "Thou shall test the car before buying." Gen. 1:3
Re: Contraception - Do Our Naija Women Believe It Is A Bad Thing? by 28Schweet(f): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2010
grin

queeneve:

HPV HAVE TWO STRAINS, VIRUS STRAIN AND GENTIAL WART STRAIN,

THE VIRUS STRAIN CAUSES CERVICAL AND UTERUS CANCER IN WOMEN AND ONCE HAVE GENTIAL WARTS, IT NVER GOES AWAY, IT LIKE CONTRACTING HERPES, CONDOM ARE NOT 100% EFFECTIVE AND IF YOU WANT TO BE SAFE,
WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE MARRIED WITH ONE FAITHFUL AND INFECTED FREE PARTNER,

HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK WARTS OCCURS? NOTHING TO DO WITH FLUIDS, SIGHS!

WARTS OCCUR THROUGH SKIN CONTACT OF THOSE INFECTED WITH GENTIAL WARTS, SEE THAT WHY YALL bleeped UP NOW LISTENING TO UNCERTIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS!

FYI, the genital warts are a result or symptom of the the virus being in one's blood angry, if those warts are not cut, i.e. there's no bleeding it'll take the sperm to infect a person. use your common sense, how is the other person's fluid going to come into to contact with mine to infect me if i don't have cuts.

Unless if you're confusing warts with cooties, i.e. pubic lice,

Please for the sake of 'YOUR CLIENTS' read this and educate yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex_virus.
Just by the way, in my country such issues are discussed on national radio, so it's only those that are hectically ignorant, or stupid, or in denial that still manage to get themselves infected with diseases.

FL Gators:

cuteconnec:

Lets take a look at the moral axis. Contraception even within marriage is bad.It is unafrican and dangerous to health. Abstinence for the unmarried, faithfullness and natural birth control for the married is the way.

God help us embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Can U Marry your In-law / My Girlfriend I Have Been Cheating On, Was The Only One Who Stand By Me In The / A Gal Trying To Hold A Man's Johnson Calling It A Joke.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.