Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

What's The Best Way To Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Best Way To Break Up? (1028 Views)

The Best Way To Keep Your Girl (picture) / The Best Way To Break-up With Someone You Are Tired Of? / Best Way To Forget About A Girl You Love That Doesnt Care About U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way To Break Up? by skfa1: 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
"It depends on how long you've been together, but for either a short or longer time, it's good to do it face to face," says Judi James, an expert in personal and business relationships. "The worst case scenario is the phone, but that's fine if you've just been dating. Definitely not by text or e-mail." Jilted bride Not by phone and not at the wedding

If you want to go out somewhere, pick a quiet place for a drink but don't go for dinner - once the news is out, one person is probably not going to be very hungry.

"You can be dumped by the end of the first course and then you have to sit through the second. And the person doing the dumping can eat their way through three courses, but the one being dumped is feeling sick."

The question everyone on the receiving end of this asks is "why?"

"You can tell them the truth, which is you met someone better or you didn't like them anyway, but no-one wants to hear that."

She suggests lying if the truth will hurt. It might be a cliche, but "you're too good for me" can work, allowing the dumpee to leave with some ego intact.

One more cardinal rule, she adds - don't change your Facebook status to "single" before you've had the chat.
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by chamotex(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
skfa1:

"It depends on how long you've been together, but for either a short or longer time, it's good to do it face to face," says Judi James, an expert in personal and business relationships. "The worst case scenario is the phone, but that's fine if you've just been dating. Definitely not by text or e-mail." Jilted bride Not by phone and not at the wedding

If you want to go out somewhere, pick a quiet place for a drink but don't go for dinner - once the news is out, one person is probably not going to be very hungry.

"You can be dumped by the end of the first course and then you have to sit through the second. And the person doing the dumping can eat their way through three courses, but the one being dumped is feeling sick."

The question everyone on the receiving end of this asks is "why?"

"You can tell them the truth, which is you met someone better or you didn't like them anyway, but no-one wants to hear that."

She suggests lying if the truth will hurt. It might be a cliche, but "you're too good for me" can work, allowing the dumpee to leave with some ego intact.

One more cardinal rule, she adds - don't change your Facebook status to "single" before you've had the chat.

Okay, this got me rolling on the floor. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by madlady(f): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Poster,     

I'm not sure I agree undecided, if it were me (it's never happend to me, really grin) I would rather be dumped over the phone.

It would spare me the embarrassment of shedding tears in front of the guy.

It really does depend on how long you've been together though. undecided
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by Osama10(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
Just break - up.
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by meggieblac: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2010
On your wedding day!! grin grin
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by adamse(f): 12:24am On Jun 03, 2010
to me i prefer on phone,if its me dumping.cos i cant bare to see the hurt.
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by mamagee3(f): 12:29am On Jun 03, 2010
Break up through the cell phone, it's easier.
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by iice(f): 11:34am On Jun 03, 2010
Face to face cool So i'll have his word not to bombard my phone grin
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by yme1(f): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2010
i am planning on having a trip break up right now undecided
have fun together for one last time and call it quit
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by petebor02(m): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
the best way to break-up is pretence
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by madlady(f): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
y me:

i am planning on having a trip break up right now undecided
have fun together for one last time and call it quit

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's The Best Way To Break Up? by yme1(f): 12:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
madlady:

kiss kiss kiss kiss
and more for ya kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss with a smile smiley

(1) (Reply)

Should I Ignore Her? / Are There Any Emotionally Independant Women Out There? / 84-year Old Engaged To A Girl Of 24?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.