Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood (35330 Views)

The Fabulous Life Of Aki & Pawpaw And Their Exotic Lifestyles (photos) / How Aki & Pawpaw Were Embarrassed In Italy / Psquare, Aki & Pawpaw & Bracket Duo In A Private Jet Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by princekevo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2010
So Nigerian parents are now blaming their failures on this 2 youngs guys searching for a way of survival. Please can someone explain to those lazy parents what "PG  or 18" means. I believe Nigerian movies has these inscription at the begining of every movie.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2010
This country is a joke. St.u.pid leadership, even st.u.pider followership. Nothing can be as retarded as this ridiculous request by 'concerned parents'. Whatever happened to the movie classification/ age restriction system? Whose fault is it if concerned failed parents fail to enforce such restrictions? Arrrrrrant Nonsense.

***walks away in total disgust***
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by trisurface: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2010
Is this story for real?
Why would any self respecting Kid wanna be like those 2?
Growing up we had Dwarfs in Wrestling on IWA i think?
Skylolo & Little Boy Blue?
I never wanted to be those Guys! they were pejorative terms then. U wanted to abuse someone, U call them Skylolo!
We had the Dwarf on Fantasy Island too. Along with Christopher Lee. Never wanted to be him either.

Perhaps its the context. Aki & Pawpaw are playing real people. while my examples were comics.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Ikwikwikwi(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2010
Mumu post, why not your children imitate the fighters at the national assembly, besides, why not them imitate you if they think you are a good influence. Jobless people, you want the guys to go hungry because of your children. Why wouldn't they watch Aki and Paw paw when you are never at home to them, leaving them with house helps who of course can only have rest when you are out of the home. Yes, it was these guys that ,make them happy behind you. Surely, you can only reap what you plant.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by candylips(m): 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2010
thos two murrasuckers should be shot sef angry
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by baslone: 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
Homeboi's making money!!! wink
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by 9jafreak: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2010
What a shame indeed the extent of  INDIFFERENCE on this thread

In Nigeria, as well as everywhere, CHILDREN watch even PG, 18+ rated movies thanks to the Capitalistic societies we've all found ourserlves.

Aki & Paw need to make a choice because they have become role models for children across the Nation.

Seeing them in Romantic movies is just pure disgusting  with all due respect!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by funmi2010: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2010
Ridiculous! taught IT WAS JUST A film!! cheesy

Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by wahlehme24: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2010
infact because of dis,dey should go and tell omotola,rita dominic to stop acting roles of school girls cos dey corrupt the secondary school girls.i see dis thread or accusation as arab nonsense,waste of thier time.infact the way they are complaining,they can say a 21 yr old individual should not become a millionaire because he or she will corrupt their 21 yr old secondary school or undergraduate children, a typical nigerian is potentially selfish or has the potentials of selfishness.what nonsensee!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by johndavid1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2010
funmi2010:

Ridiculous! taught IT WAS JUST A film!! cheesy
can the kids think that way?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by ebygg: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2010
Parents should stop their kids from watching any movie that is meant for ADULTS - 18 years and above.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by beespak7(m): 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2010
HEHEHE  grin LWKMD But what happened to the parental advisory sign at the begining of every nollywood film? or the "THIS FILM IS FOR PEOPLE ABOVE 18YEARS " sign by the nigerian films and video censore board, on every vcd cover? And at the begining of every film? The parents dont have a case here.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by denony(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2010
this report is not worth giving attention
cos on the first place they are not the writer of the movie
secondly, i think there are films for adults and films for children
get your children the once for them.

rubish
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by femmy2010(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2010
Lol
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by labiyemmy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2010
Nigerians are just impossible- I thought NBC rates movies? So, what are the parents talking about? they have to monitor their own kids on what they watch, why will you dictate to actors on what roles they should play?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by leuelliot(m): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2010
Rubbish!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by JUO(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2010
hahaha smiley if they banned them, will u (parents) pay them every month give them job? go and train your children
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by jokingmary(m): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2010
Concerned parents

Which concerned parent will allow the child to watch a film that is not for people of their age?

If they are banned what will be their occupation?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by cheezie: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2010
They are actors and are free to act whatever they want. Parents should monitor the movies their kids watch. Nigerian movies are not rated and most times I get embarrassed while watching a Nigerian movie with my son and discover it has adult content. I have hardly seen any Nigerian movie that is completely suitable for kids. We need them to make kid friendly movies because most families depend on foreign kids movies which do not portray our own culture as Nigerians.
Aki and Pawpaw are adults and parents should let their kids know that. It's their profession and no one should dictate what they can or cannot act.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Exponental(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2010
everybody has right to his or her own opinion. parents are right to an extent.
but
How many of these parents know that their wards watch X-rated films.
when you see primary and secondary school students standing at a Film retail stand, they are focusing on the x-rated. prove me wrong by trying this any where.

Works need to be done by AGN. i cant imagine seeing kids in films rated below their own ages. this does happens and its wrong. let PG16 not include anybody below that age. would u tell my child not to watch his friends in a film?
for Aki and pawpaw, the problem is not the role they play but for the negligence of parents who dont see this as an aspect of upbringing.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by soarrogant(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2010
stupid failed parents exposed grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by lawmanlala(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2010
whoever wants those guys to lose their job should be the first to go jobless.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Pafuri(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2010
Shouldn't these dumb parents be educating their children on what it is to be a dwarf. Oh, pardon me. They themselves probably dont know.
This is the least of your problems. You should worry more about politicians stealing you blind and stealing your children's future even in your own presence.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by kryc: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2010
if ur child is Aki or Pawpaw and this is the only means of their association and survival in this world wont you pray for them to act more movies provided it is not against the law of entertainment in Nigeria.

Pls encourage these guys, and avoid your kids from watching their movie if they are not good before thy eyes.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2010
*A very long Hisssss* idleness in the making.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2010
*A very long Hisssss* idleness in the making.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by UNLEASHED(m): 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2010
Jobless parents
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by bawomolo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2010
john david:

can the kids think that way?

can the parents control the remote control. what happened to children playing outside and not watching tv all day?
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by damilola15: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
I thought I've heard this story before.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by CarlosVent(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2010
DEY CANT DO ANYTIN. ONCE DEY TRAIN THEIR CHILDREN WELL DEY DNT NEED TO STOP DEM FROM WATCHING IT.

THEY HAV LACKED D POWER TO TRAIN DATS WHY
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by oloritinu: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2010
princekevo:

So Nigerian parents are now blaming their failures on this 2 youngs guys searching for a way of survival. Please can someone explain to those lazy parents what "PG or 18" means. I believe Nigerian movies has these inscription at the begining of every movie.

i support you .

but personally , i dont like them.
Re: Nigerian Parents Wants Aki & Pawpaw Banned From Nollywood by funmi2010: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2010
Ban your children, not the artist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Unveiled As Megagrowth Ambassador / Ubi Franklin Poses With Sprite As A Kid In Throwback Photo / Blackface Accuses 2face Of Stealing His Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.