Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) (695 Views)

The Amount I Gambled Off Will Shock You / And Death Took Away My High School Crush Forever / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by soccerepe: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2018
At 29, I'm the most senior son in my family. Three months ago, my sister came home to my mother (father's late) with her fiance. The guy works with one of the foremost construction firms in the country.

We were all excited at the prospect of a wealthy in-law. After all said and done, we deliberated on 1.5 million Naira as the monetary bride price. There were also other items on the list he had to fulfill. That very day, he called me to a corner,  gave me 20 thousand and asked me to meet him at his office in two weeks. I could not hold my joy as I was insanely broke during this period. 

My mother, my elder sister and my two younger brothers excluding my younger sister who is getting married discussed how the 1.5 million Naira would be split amongst ourselves and the rest used to cater for part of the wedding celebration.

We agreed to use 50k to refurbish our father's grave. 500k for our mother to refurbish the house and the rest in her account.

150k each for the rest of us, and 450k to do our part at the wedding. I was devastated to have to share an equal amount with my younger siblings but I didn't show it. 

Two weeks passed and I went to visit my sister's fiance at his office. It was a posh 6-storey building belonging to the company and I licked my lips at the  prospect of working at such an establishment.

I was directed to an elevator to take me to the fourth floor. I didn't know how to use it so a security guard follow me up and showed to me how to use it. 

I got to the his office and he welcomed me with a glass of brandy. I waited while we made some calls with people I guessed were clients and I was amazed hearing million, billion here and there. I thought we should have billed him higher for the bride price. Finally, he came over to the couch where I was seated and we discussed at length. In the end he transferred 1.6 million to my account and bade me farewell. 

Leaving the building, I shook with fear as I kept looking at the alert on my phone. I used an ATM to confirm it and withdrew 20k. The first thing I did was enter a bar and I ordered beer and  Ukwobi.

I thought to myself, what the hell, today might as well be my birthday. I picked up a sex worker lurking around the bar and we lodged at a hotel.

In my drunken state I bragged about being a millionaire. She clung to me and said we should stay together for a few days. I ended up paying her more than 40k.

I had almost exhausted the cash at hand so I transferred the money to her account. 

Now, I'm an avid gambler and the thought of multiplying the money came to mind and I didn't let it go. I opened an account with one gambling site and deposited 500k.

read story here in full : http://www.searchmyscience.com/2018/06/i-gambled-away-my-sisters-bride-price.html?m=1
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by ceciliambah29: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
awww, is this story real life
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by ceciliambah29: 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
omo, I felt like crying , on reading this
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by soccerepe: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
how would I know, people share their story, we pay for their story. sorry if am a little ash
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
Advice o.
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by soccerepe: 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
if u ask me, na who I ask
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by ukukaegbu(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
Next time, lie with caution.
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by itzmoni(m): 11:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
Now, I'm an avid gambler and the thought of multiplying the money came to mind and I didn't let it go. I opened an account with one gambling site and deposited 500k.

I played 4 odds with 10k and won 40k. I beat myself up for not staking the whole 500k. I decided to stake 400k on 5 odds and I lost.

I was sweating in the cool hotel room. I said to myself calm down you can do this, I staked the remaining 140k on 3 odds and lost again. I rushed online to find bookmakers games for the day.

After a seemingly fruitful search, I deposited another 700k into the account, very sure of myself. I staked 600k on 5 odds and lost at the very last minute of one of the games. By now, I was shaking.

I gambled again and lost. I had an additional 55k to pay as hotel bills. I feared to leave the hotel and my bills climbed. As I'm typing this, there's just a little above 200k in my account. I wish I could go back and redo my actions. I've been ignoring everyone's calls. I even thought I should just lie I was kidnapped and the money was taken from me, but I know the truth will come out at last. How will I confront my family? Will my sister's fiance still want to marry into the family? I'm f**ked and I know it.
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by Jamariwolff(f): 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
itzmoni:

I played 4 odds with 10k and won 40k. I beat myself up for not staking the whole 500k. I decided to stake 400k on 5 odds and I lost.

I was sweating in the cool hotel room. I said to myself calm down you can do this, I staked the remaining 140k on 3 odds and lost again. I rushed online to find bookmakers games for the day.

After a seemingly fruitful search, I deposited another 700k into the account, very sure of myself. I staked 600k on 5 odds and lost at the very last minute of one of the games. By now, I was shaking.

I gambled again and lost. I had an additional 55k to pay as hotel bills. I feared to leave the hotel and my bills climbed. As I'm typing this, there's just a little above 200k in my account. I wish I could go back and redo my actions. I've been ignoring everyone's calls. I even thought I should just lie I was kidnapped and the money was taken from me, but I know the truth will come out at last. How will I confront my family? Will my sister's fiance still want to marry into the family? I'm f**ked and I know it.

thank you
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by Mrjo(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2018
WHICH KIND LIE BE DIS?
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by soccerepe: 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mrjo:
WHICH KIND LIE BE DIS?
question ask the author
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
1.5m for bride price?

Odiegwu and the guy did not even complain?
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by PointZerom: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
"We agreed to use 50k to refurbish our father's grave".

If not that stupidity is free I would have asked how much some people bought theirs.
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by FoolishBoy419: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
My friend just tell her that you were robbed. Go 3 miles away from your house amd sprint all the way home panting They will be concerned and start asking you what happened. At that point just keep panting and pointing at the direction you came from. Then after that you tell them that you were robbed while you were on the way to take it to the bank.
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by soccerepe: 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
1.5m for bride price?
Odiegwu and the guy did not even complain?
Ask the author of the story
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09am On Jun 16, 2018
Lie Muhammad people
Re: I Gambled Away My Sister's Bride Price (pls Advice Me) by myke92(m): 2:27am On Jun 16, 2018
Sounds like a made up story.

(1) (Reply)

What Song is this man listening to? (photo) / 'I Pee Glitter And I Sh*t Rainbows'- Nigerian Man Brags On Facebook (photos) / Truth About Cheating. Husband And Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.