Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,634 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:19 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans (5385 Views)

Christianity Is Anti Modern-feminism And Red Pill / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
Seahawk:
No feminist is against love, caring for a partner or cooking. What they are against is any situation that takes away the choice to do or not do so.

I’m tired of ignorant stuff like this being peddled around by half baked dummies who just want to contribute to a topic even when they have no clue what it’s about.

I'm sick & tired of going back & forth on this issue with Women like you. Modern feminist already made this a fact that there are no gender roles & everyone should equally do those things I mentioned. But when It comes to real life engagements in Nigeria, Women take ownership of these roles even without been told to do so because deep down they know.

This choice which you speak of is like saying Men should not own up to the fact that there are Primary responsible for taking care of the Family financially because they have a choice.

You talk about choice, you think we have a choice?
Do you know the humiliation that comes when a man has lost his job & his wife carrying out the responsibilities in the main time?
How many women in Nigeria can even start a relationship based on 50/50?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

You look like a normal girl but you hold feminist views. Hmmmmmm.

It is well sha.
So whoever holds on feminist views isn't normal? Chai! Naija guys.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by ElsonMorali: 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
Benita27:
When I'm confused of anything, I ask questions. This is a forum with the intellects and dummies. Create a thread if you have to, and get the answers you desired. I would have called on the TSOM, but don't know if he's online to help clarify issues.

Do yourself a favor madam, pick up a dictionary and check the meaning of the word subjective as opposed to objective.

You can thank me later if you wish...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by general111(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
eyinjuege:

I worry about the girl child in Nigeria, and definitely not because of Chimamanda.
I worry about the incessant rape of young girls in Nigeria, it has become a culture.
I worry about the early marriage of the African girl child. I worry about them because of VVF, and the life of misery that follows. I worry about them because they are divorced even before they are 20, once their pedophilic husbands see they are over the age he likes them.
I worry about the way the African girl child is used as a pawn by greedy adults, and sent to Italy to become prostitutes.
I worry about the girl child born to irresponsible parents who keep churning out babies with no plans for them, and will eventually send these girls to be housemaids to wicked madams and randy rapist ogas.
I worry about the African girl child kept in a safe house, and being impregnated yearly to continue running the baby factory for syndicates who care not about them.
I worry about the African girl child who has to go and hawk everyday, facing all sorts of hazards daily from road accidents to encountering rapists.
I worry about the girl child who always has to go to the stream every morning and evening walking a large distance and missing out on school due to no potable water.
There are a million and more things to worry about the African girl child, and Chimamanda is the least of the African girl child's problems.
How can we refuse to face the reality that not all parts of our culture is good? This has nothing to do with feminism pls, or Chima..
Africa and black people are looked down upon by the whole world because we rush after irrelevant issues and are too lazy to tackle the issues that are major, and can affect our growth and development as a people.
Why are we still struggling with all children having the basic education?
Who cares about doors being opened for one as a woman, Nigerian men don't open doors anyway, so how is that one our problem? Please, we have serious problems o. Much more than doors and flowers or whatever. Chima..was addressing oyibo people who don chop belleful, and have opportunities for all. At least you get to go to school, you get food stamps if you're poor so you don't starve as a child.
the things you wrote are the things true feminist are fighting against. But some people just went extreme with it... Anything that goes beyong fighting for the fundamental human right of a girl child os no longer feminism. But foolishness..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:14am On Jun 22, 2018
general111:
the things you wrote are the things true feminist are fighting against. But some people just went extreme with it... Anything that goes beyong fighting for the fundamental human right of a girl child os no longer feminism. But foolishness..

What she wrote doesn't make one a feminist.
It's not exclusive to feminism to know what's right for a woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by BanevsJoker(m): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2018
cruchenutii:

She doesn't need to point Gun on our head LOL. When Kanye West said Slavery is a choice out of ignorance, Was he holding a Gun? No.
Just Making those type of statements is enough.

The interpretation is clear. Women don't want to be seen as weaker beings. For the fact is they are, not just physically but emotionally.
Men have their issues too, In short plenty issues sef.
So just accept it & move on.

I don't really blame Kanye.
400 years is a long time. It seems like a choice, because it should have ended much sooner
Just like the situation of Nigeria since independence, it seems like a choice, that Nigerians are now used to being treated anyhow by the political and religious leaders. If it's not a choice, why hasn't there been a revolution?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2018
Benita27:
When I'm confused of anything, I ask questions. This is a forum with the intellects and dummies. Create a thread if you have to, and get the answers you desired. I would have called on the TSOM, but don't know if he's online to help clarify issues.

Intellects and Dummies lipsrsealed. Habba, so no space for Average dudes like us. Chaiii It is well oh grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2018
BanevsJoker:

I don't really blame Kanye.
400 years is a long time. It seems like a choice, because it should have ended much sooner
Just like the situation of Nigeria since independence, it seems like a choice, that Nigerians are now used to being treated anyhow by the political and religious leaders. If it's not a choice, why hasn't there been a revolution?

NO sir. it is not a choice. 400 years of Israelites in Egypt sounds like a choice to you? Hell Naw.

Nigeria is chop I chop mentality, so It's not really slavery as you put it. People are already satisfied with the type of mentality, hence just wait for their turn to loot.

Honestly, there is no way I won't contest for Elections in 2031.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Six And Seven Books Of Moses / Man's First Name Or His Surname / I Get Worried About Growing Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.