Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? (3732 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by Ehiscotch(m): 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
budaatum:

Are you reading what you quote or do you not understand it?

It is a truth that it is your business to grow boobs, cut off your dik or terminate your life, and whatever I think or believe or my opinion is irrelevant since my permission is not required

Let me get you correctly.

You asserted that people have a right to cut off their genitals and grow boobs and take their lives, yes?
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by budaatum: 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Let me get you correctly.

You asserted that people have a right to cut off their genitals and grow boobs and take their lives, yes?

I'm very sorry, but I do not recall asserting any such thing, though, come to talk of it, if a person wishes to "cut off their genitals and grow boobs and take their lives", my permission is not required.

Could you kindly point me to where I asserted what you claim I asserted please, so we can clarify your understanding, or misunderstanding.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by Ehiscotch(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
budaatum:

I'm very sorry, but I do not recall asserting any such thing, though, come to talk of it, if a person wishes to "cut off their genitals and grow boobs and take their lives", my permission is not required.

Could you kindly point me to where I asserted what you claim I asserted please, so we can clarify your understanding, or misunderstanding.

Wait, let's get this clarified.

You are in favour of individuals making their own choices as long as it doesn't affect others?
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by budaatum: 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Wait, let's get this clarified.

You are in favour of individuals making their own choices as long as it doesn't affect others?
What I am in favour of regarding other's choices about what affects them is irrelevant since they do not require my permission or approval.

I might not be in favour of you killing yourself or growing boobs or chopping your diq off for instance, but I'm certain you will tell me to go fuq my favour and do whatever you want to do.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by budaatum: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Then why does suicide seem to be a major concern to many of these liberal societies?
Suicide should be a major concern in any society, especially since the parents and siblings one leaves behind would be unhappy at their loss. If my child kills itself for instance, I do not think I'd be happy with the child for not coming to me with the problem it killed itself for and I'd wonder how bad a parent I must be for not being able to keep my child, whom I must have invested resources feeding, clothing and housing, alive. And as a policy maker, I do not think I'd be doing a good job if my citizens are killing themselves since it highlights my incompetence at creating conditions so they would rather live, which would eventually, likely, make me lose my income and job. I'm certain if I were an elected official and people under my jurisdiction were commiting suicide, you would not reelect me.

Ehiscotch:
You have to realise that not all decisions are rational and sometimes people are just passing through a difficult mental and emotional phase that affect their decision making.
And this is why they should seek help instead of making an irrational decision to kill themselves. And as a parent, or a decision maker, I should teach people to be rational, I would think. But if they do decide to kill themselve, I guess I could section them into a mental facility so they can be overseen by professionals who would treat them and hopefully educate them on the irrationality of suicide. After all, the difficult mental and emotional phase that affects their decision making that they may be passing through may be a phase, as you said, which will soon pass away, so why pass away from a phase?
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by Ehiscotch(m): 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:

Suicide should be a major concern in any society, especially since the parents and siblings one leaves behind would be unhappy at their loss. If my child kills itself for instance, I do not think I'd be happy with the child for not coming to me with the problem it killed itself for and I'd wonder how bad a parent I must be for not being able to keep my child, whom I must have invested resources feeding, clothing and housing, alive. And as a policy maker, I do not think I'd be doing a good job if my citizens are killing themselves since it highlights my incompetence at creating conditions so they would rather live, which would eventually, likely, make me lose my income and job. I'm certain if I were an elected official and people under my jurisdiction were commiting suicide, you would not reelect me.

And this is why they should seek help instead of making an irrational decision to kill themselves. And as a parent, or a decision maker, I should teach people to be rational, I would think. But if they do decide to kill themselve, I guess I could section them into a mental facility so they can be overseen by professionals who would treat them and hopefully educate them on the irrationality of suicide. After all, the difficult mental and emotional phase that affects their decision making that they may be passing through may be a phase, as you said, which will soon pass away, so why pass away from a phase?

As a Liberal, don't you think you are depriving people of their right to take their own life?
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by Ehiscotch(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
budaatum:

Hmm! I don't think I'm having that, being that I am liberal myself, as in, in favour of the adult individual making their own choices.

If a man wants to cut off his dick and grow boobs, or a woman do the equivalent - cut off their boobs and grow a dick - please, what's my business in that? It's their body and their business. Besides, once you start dictating whether people can cut bits of their body or not or and attach bits to it that they want, it wouldn't take long for you to claim I must have certain thoughts and those thoughts only, and be telling me what to believe or not believe, and I wouldn't like that!

Liberalism gives the right to individuals to make the choices that best suit them. It is an ideology of self responsibility - you cut off your dick and the benefit, or dis-benefit is yours, and has nothing to do with a second or third party!

I do not agree that others should be ones keeper more than one is the keeper of oneself, provided one is deemed of sound mind and an adult.

A lot of people believe suicide is the best suited choice for them and the moment you make laws to make it illegal you have deprived them of the right to " personal liberty" and it wouldn't take long before you dictate what thoughts they have.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by budaatum: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ehiscotch:

As a Liberal, don't you think you are depriving people of their right to take their own life?
Personally speaking, it is others who tend to label me liberal, and they tend to mean it as an insult, though I don't see it as such. I myself am simply buda.

Still, no, I do not think I am depriving people of what you call "their right" to take their own life if they wish to. They do not seek my permission, to start with, and to be honest, my permission or opinion is irrelevant to a person desirous of taking their own life. But if you mean as a lawmaker, then yes, I would try to keep them alive, for tax purposes, if nothing else since they'd be no good to anyone dead.

I do strongly feel that if I have the opportunity to educate them on the need to live and its benefit, like being alive to see what trump has done to the world for instance, or to just see the next Batman film, they just might change their mind and chose to live instead.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by budaatum: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ehiscotch:

A lot of people believe suicide is the best suited choice for them and the moment you make laws to make it illegal you have deprived them of the right to " personal liberty" and it wouldn't take long before you dictate what thoughts they have.
I won't make laws. That has been tried with the
Suicide Act 1961, and I'd be wise to learn from its failure.

Re: What Do You Think Of The Transgender Argument? by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
johnydon22:
Today, you can walk into a clinic and surgically have your appearance or sexual make-up changed to whatever you want it to be.

This is an almost normalized aspect of the 21st century world and have generated mixed feelings and different sides of argument for or against that idea both from a religious, moral, psychological or scientific point of view.

Let us debate on this trend.

What do you think of the transgender argument?

N.B: I happen to think its absurd and a gross glorification of insanity.

We can challenge each others views.
Live and let Live, that's what I think!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

T.b Joshua's Secrets / War In Heaven!!! / Former Rapper-gangster Snoop Doggy Dogg Bows Down To Allah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.