Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition (13859 Views)

Xiaomi launches The Mi A2 And Mi A2 Lite Running Android One (PHOTOS). / What Every Person Should Understand About Android One, Android Go and Android / 3 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Looking Down On Android Go Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by Mustack: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2018
DIYhackers:
Android One and Android Go
Android cancel Android
Remain One and Go
The difference is OneGo
were boi grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by Rubiesangel: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
henry007:
Check out TECNO Spark 2 that ships with Android Oreo 8.1 Go edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdM3e7zsy3I
Great review.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by henry007(m): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Great review.

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by Mustack: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2018
I will like if all the app can go go edition.. sweet cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by RiseAbove(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
greenhulk:

No it doesn't. If the app can run on ur phone then carry go. But since phones that ship with Android go usually have low amount of ram (I've not seen Android go device with more than 1gb of ram), some core apps might have performance issues and might slow down ur phone.

Thanks a lot
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by tafat: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
from what i learnt from the launch of the new spark 2 from tecno, the android go version helps low ram devices to optimize usage, like 1 gb ram devices.
RiseAbove:
I have a question oo

What is the difference between (Android one) and (Android go). are they both different from the usual Android os we are used to? Which is better among them and why?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by tafat: 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
lol, i heard it too for the first time during the spark 2 launch.
Oduwils222:
I'm hearing Andriod one and Go for the first time.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by Oduwils222(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2018
tafat:
lol, i heard it too for the first time during the spark 2 launch.
Hahahaha.
I thought i was the only one who doesnt knw abt it. Lol
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by Abiodunspectre(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
I'm educated
Reason the tecno Spark 2 came with Android go.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by saxby(f): 2:00am On Jul 01, 2018
i think the android go version is targeted at device with low ram space, like the spark 2 which has 1gb ram.
RiseAbove:
I have a question oo

What is the difference between (Android one) and (Android go). are they both different from the usual Android os we are used to? Which is better among them and why?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by AlphaStyles(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2018
Can u uninstall the go apps e.g youtube go and download the main youtube?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by AlphaStyles(m): 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
giftedben:

Yes
can u uninstall the go apps to install the main apps? or can you download the original apps if u dont want to use the GO apps?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by giftedben: 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
AlphaStyles:
can u uninstall the go apps to install the main apps? or can you download the original apps if u dont want to use the GO apps?

You cannot Uninstall pre-installed System apps like Gmail go, Google go etc, but you can install original apps if you don't want to use the go apps.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by AlphaStyles(m): 7:07am On Oct 02, 2018
giftedben:

You cannot Uninstall pre-installed System apps like Gmail go, Google go etc, but you can install original apps if you don't want to use the go apps.
ok thanks but i want to ask can you experience the same feeling you get using an andriod oreo when you use the Go edition?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by giftedben: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2018
AlphaStyles:
ok thanks but i want to ask can you experience the same feeling you get using an andriod oreo when you use the Go edition?

Android Go isn't all that different from the regular Android, but with several stability and performance tweaks thrown in to ensure it works on devices with less than 1GB of RAM. Yes the experience is the same.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition by AlphaStyles(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2018
giftedben:

Android Go isn't all that different from the regular Android, but with several stability and performance tweaks thrown in to ensure it works on devices with less than 1GB of RAM. Yes the experience is the same.
ok thanks so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Have Stopped Doing On Social Media? / Do You Like The Porsche Designed Blackberry? / NIN-SIM Linkage Extended Until May 6 - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.