Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) (4378 Views)

My Nysc Diary. On Visiting Igbotente Onigangan: A Story / My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp / My Nysc Diary.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by yhungbrowhne(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
EPISODE 19 “Some guys that I know will wear a pant for good five days. When he is about to sit on a chair he looks for handkerchief to clean it up. Your stupidity demands 7 days crusade” THE DUNGEON I didn’t know for how many hours I might have passed out but all I could sense was that I was in danger. My legs and hands were both tied with a rope and my back was resting on a pillar which I could see holds up the building I found myself. I could feel something walking on my body from my dream and before I knew it, I was awake, finding myself somewhere like a dungeon with only my white knickers and singlet on. What could have happened? Where is my NYSC crested vest and khaki short? Where is Godwin? How did we get here? Where is Godwin? The last thing I could remember was the traffic before everything went black out. Then it dawn to me that we have been kidnapped, probably by some people who wanted a ransom. If they wanted a ransom, who will pay? Is it the Oyo state government? The NYSC D.G? Or the federal government? Several questions which needed answers was coming to my head and I just can’t decipher what to do, but I am sure of one thing, very soon I would know where we are. While I was still in my thinking mood, I felt a movement of position by someone sitting close to me and also I could hear the person snoring. That can only be one person, GODWIN! Idiot, Godwin, Godwin, I managed to hit him. Instead of him to respond, he changed position again and kept sleeping. Then it dawn to me that the drug or whatever that was used to make us sleep had more effect on him than it did on me. Oh lord God, have mercy upon me. I prayed silently. After some minutes, I tried again to wake Godwin but this time I kicked him harder. Who be that naa? He said faintly. Thank God he is awake! Godwin, Godwin, wake up. I whispered silently. Wetin happen now? It was when he was trying to sit up that he discovered that he has been tied down too. OBS, wetindey happen now? What are we doing here? He asked. Guy, idiot shut up and listen. We have been kidnapped but the question is who kidnapped us and for what reason. If it’s for money, we are safe but if it’s the ritualist, there are two things involved. Its either we are killed or we find a way to escape. If we are killed, we are safe in the hands of the lord but if we are to escape, there is only one question involve and that is how are we going to escape? I silently relayed to Godwin. Just when we were thinking on what to do, we heard the sound of a key trying toopen the door. We both looked up and saw two men walked majestically inside. TO BE CONTINUED…
read more on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2018
Episode 20&21 EPISODE 20 “They will always applaud a white Doctor who took over 24 hours to turn a man into woman but will overlook a black woman that can turn you into a lizard within 3 sec”Oya tell me when Racism will stop” Pa! I heard a snap of the switch on the wall. Immediately everywhere was bright and I could see the environment we were clearly. We were up to 15 in the room, all tied one by one. Some were still sleeping while a few others was awake. I looked up to see the face of the two men that came in earlier. I looked at the man with the key and the other and like a flash I recognized him. He was the man that brought us here. He is still on the suit he was putting on and immediately he pointed to our direction, pointing to Godwin and I. Immediately Godwin saw him, he was filled with rage. If there is something I have learnt from Godwin just for the few months we’ve been together, I noticed whenever he is getting angry, he breathes faster than usual and he can do anything. I could remember a particular incident that happened on a particular evening we came back from school. #Flash back# We were very hungry and we had to manage the kerosene we had left in the stove to prepare some hungry man size noodles. On a good day, we cook 3 packs but that particular day was different. I wanted to cook just 4 packs but Goddy insisted we make it 6. You wan do birthday? I asked? Guy, I dey hungry pass you. As I dey so, I fit chop everything sef. I followed what he said and I went ahead to prepare the noodles while we both went back to our room to watch the sport show anchored by Ayo Ademokoya. Mehn, that guy is good. I really love his analysis and ever since I listen to his radio programme, I didn’t miss his programme again. His programme made us forget we had something on the stove. OBS, our noodles! Goddy screamed. We both ran like Usian bolt to the kitchen to meet the shock of our lives. Our pot is nowhere to be found! TO BE CONTINUED… EPISODE 21 “They applauded the white man that discovered the airplane that travelled to London in 7hrs but overlooked a black woman that can travel to London in 30min… Oya tell me when Racism will stop” Who gave our pot red bull? Cos the last time I watched the advert, I heard “it gives you wings’! Goddy and I were both fixed on one spot not knowing what to do. I couldn’t help but to cry. Infact, I didn’t know when tears started streaming down from my eyes. Guy, u dey cry? Goddy asked. No am not crying. Yes, na tears of Joy. I replied bitterly. I dey come. Goddy said. He walked angrily out of the kitchen and I could see he was heading to the boys quarters. I ran fast so as to meet up with him. Remember I once said there was only two rooms at the boy’s quarters. One was rented by a guy who only come home during the weekend while the other one was rented by Chukwudi. Nobody knows the type of work Chukwudi does but we all know he is capable of stealing a whole pot of 6 hungry man size noodles because of his history which I heard from Baba ibeji. Goddy and I stopped infront of Chukwudi’s room and we could perceive the aroma of noodles everywhere. Without waiting for any invitation or question whether to knock or not, we bagged inside his room. Lo and behold, Chukwudi was busy devouring our noodles with one of his friend called Thomas. They were shocked to see us. At that moment, I could feel the breath of Goddy but I just couldn’t understand what was happening to him. The next thing I saw was Goddydescending on Chukwudi and his friend. All my efforts to separate Goddy from the boys was futile and it has totake the intervention of Baba Ibeji to stop Godwin. Where did Godwin get that kind of strength from? Ever since that day, one of us always stay in the kitchen to monitor whatever we are cooking. You want to ask about Chukwudi and his friend? Well, they spent 3 days at the hospital. Ever since then, whenever either of them saw any of us, they always hail us. Brother corper, welcome! I hail Oga mi #Back to the present# After the man had pointed to the both of us, the man with the key looked at us and said, “They are okay. You’ve brought a good market this time. Bangrajan will be willing to pay you the full money this time around. I won’t collect less than N200,000 this time o. The man said. When you meet him, tell him that. The man with the key said and they turned to leave through the same door. TO BE CONTINUED….
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
EPISODE 22 “To all the guys breaking up and giving rubbish excuses to their spouses just because of Christmas, the thunder that want to fire you ehn is still doing warm up” It is morning already and now I could see the faces of the people in the room with us. I could see 5 women, just in their skirt and bra looking tired and ragged. I could also see some young girls still with their school uniform on and three other men. Lastly, my face caught a female figure on a white short and a white round neck. She looked tired as well. What are all these? Goddy: Obs! Na we that man dey price like chicken? OBS: Guy, I tire o. So the both of us just worth 200k. Goddy: O boy, I tire o. Comeo. Wey the allowywey we collect yesterday? (Trying to check his pocket then he realized his trousers are gone) Allowy don go oooo. OBS: Is it about allowy now or how we are going to leave here? Goddy: What are we going to do?. What should we do? OBS: Dunno…..I was thinking if……. Before I could finish the statement, we heard the sound of the key trying to open the door. Immediately, Goddy and I kept quiet. The man with the key later came in and moved to one of the old woman among us. The woman was sleeping so the man had to kick her hard to wake her up. I was just looking with amazement. How can a man be so wicked? Killing your fellow human being for money? It’s such a wicked world. (I sighs) Ki nioruko e? (What is your name?) The man with the key asked? The woman was so weak and it takes like forever before the woman managed to answer “MonsuratAkintolu”. Immediately the woman said her name, the man hit her on the shoulder and she was dumb and seems unconscious. Haaa! The rest of the woman shouted. Egbenusoun! (Shut up) The the man lifted the woman up and when he was close to the door, he turned back and said “Iwo niokanlola” (It’s your turn tomorrow) The man pointed to one woman who was having her back to the wall. Haaaa! The rest of the people shouted! Hot tears was coming down from the woman’s eyes. Goddy and I was still surprised as everything happening there was just like a movie to us. I managed to drag myself to where the woman was and asked her. Iya, bawo le se de ibi? (Woman, how did you get here?) She managed to clean the tears away from her eyes and she explained…”I am a widow. I live in Lagos and I was journeying from Ibadan to lagos. Due to the increase in transport fare at the garage, I decided to go to the express where I could get a cheaper bus to Lagos instead of going to the garage. Then this particular bus came with just 5 passengers in it. Eko! (Lagos). I asked the driver the price and he said it’s just 300 naira. I was happy that I could get it so cheap. Immediately I entered the bus, it was not up to 15 minutes that we passed Quarry, I noticed everyone in the bus has slept. I didn’t know when I slept too and by the time I opened my eyes, I found myself here”….Hmmmmm(I breathed in). So far, how long have you been here? I asked. I have spent 9days here. I don’t know how God will save me from this but I promise I will never enter a bus on the highway again. She cried bitterly. TO BE CONTINUED…
read more,story on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2018
EPISODE 23 “Girls should keep writing “where did we first meet” until the day your doctor will slide in your comment and reply” The Day you come for an abortion. That day, you will know that people have been reading your comments” Goddy and I was just looking like amumu. What are we going to do? Is this where we are going to end our lives? Upon all the suffering from primary school. We kondey serve our fatherland nah in we go just die like this? Goddy said. I looked sadly away from Goddy and faced the woman. How do they operate? Who is that man that carried that woman away? The Woman: He is the keeper as far as I know. OBS: Is this how he come everytime? The woman: Yes, that is how he comes everytime. He asked anybody he chooses their name and after the person has replied, he would hit them with his left hand and they will fall unconscious. After that, we only hear screams of pains towards the back here. OBS: Hmmmm….Why the left hand? Why did he not always use his right hand? The woman: I suspect he has a ring on his middle finger. So immediately he hits you with the ring, you are gone. OBS: Oh God.(Shaking my head) Is there anyday he has come here and he failed to carry someone out? The woman: Yes. (Then she points to one man) That hausa man has been taking out and returned back again. OBS: Really? Then something must be wrong. Let me see him probably we might have a solution then… I managed to drag myself away from the woman and I moved to where the man was. I sat beside him and asked: OBS: That woman over there said you have been taken out before and returned back here. What really happened? Hausa man: Kei! Yaro. No disturb me OBS: Sir, I only understand little Hausa. I am acorp member. Please talk to me. Your response might help us find a solution here. Hausa man: Hmmmm…Wen dat man I come, I talk say wetin be my name? I no gree tell am. After he try make I talk wey I no talk, naso he drag me out. He kon carry me go backyard. The backyard be like abattoir. Everywheedey smell. Blood dey ground walahi! Human body dey inside baf! Allah! (The man cried) OBS: Hmmmm….Why didn’t they kill you? Did you see the person killing them? Hausa Man: Yes. I see the man. Na him dey kill anybody weydem carry go OBS: For how long have you been here? Hausa man: Kai! Na two weeks be this I took a deep breath and I started thinking of our chance of escaping out of this den. God help me! Lead me through. Next to the hausa man was the lady I caught a glimpse of the other time, Ever since the man with the key left, she has been crying. OBS: Hey, hey, its okay. How did you get here? The lady: I was actually going to Edo state from lagos. I went to Lagos to visit my father who was ill at home. I serve in Edo state. I has to meet up for the monthly clearance the next day. I got (a) bus at berger and before I know it, we all slept off.
mread more story on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2018
EPISODE 24 “For those girls that sleeps on mat and when a guy proposes them they will be quick to ask for Iphone instead of a bed or mattress. Your head no correct” OBS: Oga o. What is your name? The lady: I am Anita. I just hope God will forgive me all my sins. I know I have reached my final bus-stop. My parents will be so worried of me right now. What will become of my sick Dad? Oh God! (She crys) I just couldn’t help it anymore. I need to do something. I whistled with my mouth to call Goddy. I signaled to him to come over and he managed to drag himself to where I am. OBS: Goddy, what do you think we can do to save these people? Goddy: Guy,youdon think of how you go leave here not talkless of saving this whole people? OBS: There must be a way Godwin. There should be a way. I said calmly and I began to think what we could do. The Aboki said because he didn’t mention his name, he was not killed, then definitely there must be a reason because all other person that mentioned their names was been hit with the ring. Its either Goddy and I get this rope off our hands, we should be able to overpower the man with the key and from there, we can find a way out. I told Goddy all what I have discovered and he really buy the idea but the only way out now is how to get these ropes off our hands and feet. After about two hours of thinking and I couldn’t get a clue on what to do, I looked at the pillar in the room. It has some rough edges which was not too sharp but one can still try his luck when you keep trying. I moved over to the pillar and I started grinding the middle of my hands where the ropes were joined to the iron. When Goddy saw this, he joined me too while the rest of the people were looking, some looking at what we were trying to do while others have been thinking about their painful death already. Goddy and I tried this all night even when others have slept, waiting for their death the next morning. Luckily for me, my rope got loosed. I untied the ones in my leg and managed to untie Goddy too. OBS: Goddy, lets wake this people up and untie them. Goddy: OBS, you wan kill us? They can’t be smart like we are or wait, I have a plan. Godwin whispered it to my ears then I smiled. It was sure a good plan. Plan 1 achieved! Now it’s time to wait till morning to achieve part 2. All through the period of the night, I was praying to God to please save me, to please find a way out of this dungeon for me and the rest of the people here. TO BE CONTINUED…
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by lanxebony(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
emperor , you're doing a good job. i swear. have been following since part 1 . I'm a fan
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 5:34am On Jul 23, 2018
lanxebony:
emperor , you're doing a good job. i swear. have been following since part 1 . I'm a fan

thank u boss i appreciate
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by ngenec: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2018
Emperor blog,your write up is good, but consistent in updating is needed
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
Episode 27&28 EPISODE 27 “Out of all lies, I LOVE YOU is my favorite” Immediately we heard that, you don’t need to be told what to do, Goddy and I picked race. At that point, Usian bolt couldn’t compete with us because the kilometers we are covering within 1 secondehn, Usian bolt can’t try it. We didn’t even remember we were trying to rescue the rest of the people held captives by the ritualist. All I know is that I could hear some footsteps of some people running behind us. At the same time, we were hearing several gunshots towards our direction and I still got surprised how it didn’t get to us. It made me to remember one of my favorite Psalm in Psalm 91 from verse 4-12 which says “He shall cover thee with his feathers and under his wings shall thou trust; his trust shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shall not be afraid for the terror by night; for the arrow that flieth by day; nor the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side and ten thousand at thy right hand but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shall thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the lord, which is my refuge even the most high thy habitation. There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone’’ Surely the lord’s angels was on our side on this fateful day. Alas, Goddy and I bumped into the express. Immediately we got to the express, I sighted a sign board “Foursquare gospel church, Ajebo” I knew were safe for now. Immediately I saw the sign board, we both rushed in to the gate and called on the security guard to help us. The security man on duty named Mr. Isaac told us to calm down and explain things to him. Just when I looked towards the express, I sighted the hausa man, the woman that was about to be killed and the female corper running towards the foursquare church too. I stood up immediately and I told the security man they were among the people held captive by the ritualist. When they got to us, all the Hausa man was saying is “Alhamdullilahi!!!” I asked the female corper where the others were but she couldn’t answer because she was trying to catch her breathe. Then I asked the woman what about the others? The woman said she discovered some were shot while some of them was captured and also she overheard their Oga saying the people captured will bear our punishment before they will be killed in the next 3 days… TO BE CONTINUED… EPISODE 28 “The economy in Nigeria has become really bad that even the black woman who used to give food in the dream have stopped” THE RESCUE We were taken to Aladoja police station where we met with the DPO named Mr. Julius. Goddy and I explained our ordeals to him and he was really shocked we came out alive and also he complemented our bravery by trying to rescue everyone in the den. He asked us the local govt we are serving with a promise to contact our Local government inspector. He said they will still be needing us for questioning and also we will have to help them further in their investigation and if possible join their team to rescue the rest of the people in the hands of the ritualist. The woman, the female corper and the Hausa man was released to go to their homes while Goddy and I was told not to go home yet. At the end of that day, Inspector Julius lodged us in a hotel and he told us to feel free and ask for anything we wanted. That night was one of the best night Goddy and I has had in a long while. We ate a plate of fried rice and chicken with another round of pounded yam with assorted meat. Goddy even stepped it down with a bottle of beer while I had to settle for a chilled 5 alive juice. Ko,ko,ko! That was a heavy knock on our door. It was 11.41am already. I didn’t know we have slept for so long. The knock keep coming and this time, it was coming harder. I managed to get up from the bbed to open the door and lo and behold, it was inspector Julius. Good morning Gentlemen. It is time. My team is ready. You will have to help us so we can know the way. It’s time to save some lives. TO BE CONTINUED…

READ FULL STORY ON www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp (season 2) by emperorblog(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Episode 29&30 EPISODE 29 “Because someone don’t have N50 for transport fare, he trekked and trekked under the hot sun until his shadow left him and entered bike” Recession! Few minutes later we were both in the DPO’s car, on a mission where we don’t even know how it will end. Whether we will come out alive or dead. The DPO informed us that we will only show them the way while his men would take care of things. Goddy and I was the one directing the police convoy in the bush. It got to a point when the car can’t move further so we had to continue on foot. Inspector Julius went to the back of the car and picked a bullet proof vest from the truck. He ordered his men to remember to wear their vest and make no noise as they moved while Goddy and I led the way. We have not walked for about 1400 metres when I spotted Goddy’s white shirt on the tree. Then I know we were on the right track. Inspector Julius came to us to ask whats it about the white shirt and told him Godwin hanged it there while we were resting. This shows we are getting closer to the dungeon. After a walk of about 20 minutes, we located the building. Inspector Julius split his men into these and ordered them to surround the building. Julius took one last look at his AK47, they were going in hot against the ritualists. Bangrajan stood in the slaughter room waiting impatiently, they should have brought the woman here already, and he didn’t know what was taking them long. Julius on the other hand told the other two groups to attack on his count 3,2,1 and the three groups attacked at once. Goddy and I took two policemen with us to the backdoor where I think the kidnappers might want to pass if they want to escape. We hid ourselves at the back of a tree closer to the back door of the building waiting patiently to see what will happen. EPISODE 30 “Some village old woman can teach history ehn! You greet an old woman and she tells you the story of your life. Afternoon Mam then you hear, come, come, is this not Alao the son of Atanda? The man who raped 4 girls before getting married to Abike the daughter of (a) wine tapper who fell from (a) palm tree while starring at Ajike the Village famous prostitute who aborted 16 pregnancies before getting married to Akanni, the priest from the neighboring village…or isn’t it your grandfather that died of madness…Alao, you have grown so big” Blood splashed on Bangrajan’s hand, he could not believe what he just saw. He looked through the gate of the main entrance and saw about 8 policemen advancing towards the building fully armed with guns and Bangrajan looked at the wicked machete in his hand, he looked at the woman he was about to kill, he knew he had to escape, that was the most important thing now. He raised an alarm to inform his boys that they were under attack. Bangrajan’s men went to their Arsenal and carried their guns and hand throw grenades, then they went to confront the police. They marched out of the building and planned to surround the building and defend theirselves but as they were matching out, those that were infront faced the wrath of the AK 47 as the police shot at them directly. While the majority of them got down and died, few managed to escape back to the building. The people in the dungeon were happy and scared at the same time. Meanwhile, Bangrajan went to his room in the building, brought out his box and put on a pair of police uniform. He had always prepared for this day. He carried a gun then sneaked out through the back door unknowing to him, Goddy and I and a policeman was hiding somewhere there. TO BE CONTINUED…

READ FULL STORY HERE www.emperorblog.com.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Memorable Stories From English Secondary School Textbooks!!!! / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1] / So You Want To Be A Writer By Charles Bukwoski

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.