Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman (1019 Views)

My Encounter With A Highly Intelligent Girl. / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / Don't Be Afraid To Approach A Female Soldier You Love - A Soldier Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by BiteofBenin: 9:09am On Jun 24, 2018
Many of us know at least one person in our lives who is a Highly Sensitive Person. That person at work, church, or in the neighbourhood who seems easily offended at mundane things, often misconstrues honest intentions and blows little things out of proportion. This person may be an introvert, extrovert or a mixture of both. A HSP is highly emotional and responds intensely, either physically or mentally to social and internal stimuli.

We are often quick to write off HSP as having low self-esteem; nothing can be farther from the truth. If you keep shutting down them with the ‘Oh! Don’t be so sensitive!’ comment, a HSP may eventually develop an inferiority complex.

Because this trait does not occur in many people, it is vastly misunderstood and can be labelled as one having an entitled or diva attitude. First, how can you identify a HSP?

HSP are usually uncomfortable in large crowds and do not welcome unnecessary physical contact from strangers. Easily moved by unpleasant news in the media, they deliberately avoid violent movies and other forms of shock entertainment.

They are self-conscious in romantically intimate situations and worry about getting their partner’s approval. Accepting critical feedback, no matter how constructive and reasonable, is hard for HSP. They tend to take things personally and find it difficult to let things go, thereby building up negative emotions.

Even in minor situations, a HSP is afraid of rejection and there is the tendency to be hard on themselves especially when they fall short of expectations.

That said, these group of people are usually intelligent, creative and innovative. Because of their sensitive nature, they find it easy to empathize with people, make great listeners and also give great advice.

However, as lovers, their partners might find them difficult and hard to understand. Note that once you can get through to a HSP, they love fiercely and are loyal to the very end.

For a Highly Sensitive Woman, the trick is PSSG; Patience, Sympathy, Support and Gentility.

· Be Patient: Patience is a big deal when dating a HSW; her sensitivity may at times drive you up a wall. If you realize your woman is one, try not to cut her short when she is expressing her feelings. Better still, don’t dismiss them or label them as nagging. Opening up to her lover, takes a lot of courage for a HSW and if you cut her down, you can be sure she will not be confiding in you any time soon.

· Show Sympathy: When she is having her meltdowns (and they will be quite a number), show sympathy even when you don’t understand. Many highly sensitive people live by a set of codes and react emotionally when they are violated even if it is unintentional. Showing sympathy calms her down and puts her in a place where she is willing to listen to your criticism. Trying to forcefully make her see reason never works. As long as she is in a meltdown, she would be utterly convinced that she is justified to have one.

· Give Support: Be a shoulder to cry on, a friend/cheerleader and a counsellor who dishes trustworthy advice. Support for a HSW means love and affection. It shows you are committed to her.

· Gentility: Watch your tone and mannerisms. With a HSW, gentleness can go a long way. It encourages trust and puts her in the mood for love. A gentle tone would also help foster feelings of security in the relationship.

With a HSW, trust is earned and not given. Once lost, it can be difficult to regain.

Read More https://biteofbenin..com/2018/06/relationships-how-to-love-highly.html

1 Like

Re: How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by orisa37: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2018
It's murder and sin to do evil so play my game.
Re: How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2021
I just gave up on one... I Can't come kill myself grin grin
Re: How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by Loveknitting: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ejoms:
I just gave up on one... I Can't come kill myself grin grin

It's not that hard, you're just a lazy youth.
Re: How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by Queenserah26(f): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thank you OP
Re: How To Love A Highly Sensitive Woman by Queenserah26(f): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Thank you OP.

(1) (Reply)

Lemme Drop This Here...... (pic) / . / The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.