Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? (7456 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AngieFan(f): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

How will that work?

Its an employment/work thing. I am trying to do an inter company transfer to an office in either Paris or Reading, UK.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
Another reason not to come here: The bigots says britain is full. The reason is that they have not been to lagos.
Another reason not to go to the USA. They buy things they don't need because it is all buy now pay later. The rich send the poor to slavery, another way to work round the abolition of slave trade.

But if you decided to come here don't forget your rain coat.

Find below today's weather news:
"If it is not rainy today, it will be dry all day. But as it is raining, it is raining".
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2010
BAC:

Another reason not to come here: The bigots says britain is full. The reason is that they have not been to lagos.
Another reason not to go to the USA. They buy things they don't need because it is all buy now pay later. The rich send the poor to slavery, another way to work round the abolition of slave trade.

But if you decided to come here don't forget your rain coat.

Find below today's weather news:
"If it is not rainy today, it will be dry all day. But as it is raining, it is raining".

I can't understand a word in this your post.Hope u aint drunk? grin grin grin
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2010
If you don't understand simple english don't come here. Go to the USA
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by coolier(f): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
skfa1:

As regard the tax, infact i don surrender for UK.

One doesn't pay tax in UK then? shocked
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2010
If you don't want to declare the money you make in Naija to the inland revenue don't come here. (If you are british of course, and you have been one for 17years. then the taxman is your owner so you have to pay up or go to jail)
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by freeman07(m): 11:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
How can u compare US and UK shocked shocked
Na wa oooo
US is a continent filled with a lot more opportunities.
Uk, (no comment)
US anyday.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by mamagee3(f): 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2010
I live in the U.S. but I would like to re-locate to the U.K.

I'm kind of having mixed feelings.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
freeman07:

How can u compare US and UK shocked shocked
Na wa oooo
US is a continent filled with a lot more opportunities.
Uk, (no comment)
US anyday.

Have u lived in both countries?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tunnytox(m): 12:27am On Jun 16, 2010
'
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by freeman07(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
@justwise, its a priviledge to converse with you. you are doing a greatjob in UK Visa section. God bless you. Do you actually prefer UK to US. pls state your reasons. Thanks

@tunnytox,
there are also lots of UK nationals in the US.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lately the number of US citizens coming here has risen . Legally and some illegally. We are beginning to see some of our brethren the ran to the US 10 years ago come back.
US economy? i don't know . But we have been seeing them here.
So if you are tired of the American dream. Please come here. Our airports are still open to the illegals as long as you are American. And don't take that as gospel as we still send some back.

But if you are coming from Naija make sure you don't come here by sea or road and not in the tyre of a plane either. WE will surely send you back.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
mama-gee:

I live in the U.S. but I would like to re-locate to the U.K.

I'm kind of having mixed feelings.

Dont just think about it.Folks that i know who made that decision still live to regret it. UK is just the developed part of Lagos.U will prefer to go to Naija than to stay in UK. My reasons are as follows
Do u want to leave the Harvard, the Princeton,the UCLA of US to a small Univeristy less than the size of a community college in USA?
1 Do u want to hinder your freedom by going to a police state where 2 blacks can gather without Police Pulling them over?
2 Do u want to go to a Country where the few successful blacks are termed criminals?
3 Do u want to go to a country where u will be asked to provide your immigration status just because u got a driving ticket?
4 Do u want to leave a country where u can be whatever u want to a country where they set limits to your greatness.
Come to think of it how many Americans do u see in UK embassy here compared to the crowd at the US embassy in UK? Even the Britons are moving enmass outta that country.

Please i beg u dont go from Grace to Grass
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by jonyjay(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
Oyewolejos has said it all. i lived in UK for 1 yr, i lived in canada for almost 3 yrs. i am now in US Texas precisely. i rather go back to nija than living in one of those country. i cant give up my green card for british pali, even canadian pali. HELLLLL NOOOOOO! i love this country, is the greatest country i ever feel confortable. no police harassment or nothing, no white dude will point an index finger to brother here. texas is like my home i love it here i love it here. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2010
oyewolejos:

Dont just think about it.Folks that i know who made that decision still live to regret it. UK is just the developed part of Lagos.U will prefer to go to Naija than to stay in UK. My reasons are as follows
Do u want to leave the Harvard, the Princeton,the UCLA of US to a small Univeristy less than the size of a community college in USA?
1 Do u want to hinder your freedom by going to a police state where 2 blacks can gather without Police Pulling them over?
2 Do u want to go to a Country where the few successful blacks are termed criminals?
3 Do u want to go to a country where u will be asked to provide your immigration status just because u got a driving ticket?
4 Do u want to leave a country where u can be whatever u want to a country where they set limits to your greatness.
Come to think of it how many Americans do u see in UK embassy here compared to the crowd at the US embassy in UK? Even the Britons are moving enmass outta that country.

I have read some good posts by you here in NL but today i'm wondering if you have started taking drug.
Please get ur facts right b4 writing rubbish.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by justwise(m): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2010
jonyjay:

Oyewolejos has said it all. i lived in UK for 1 yr, i lived in canada for almost 3 yrs. i am now in US Texas precisely. i rather go back to nija than living in one of those country. i cant give up my green card for british pali, even canadian pali. HELLLLL NOOOOOO! i love this country, is the greatest country i ever feel confortable. no police harassment or nothing, no white dude will point an index finger to brother here. texas is like my home i love it here i love it here. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

Only a yr? And you think you know jack about UK?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by jonyjay(m): 12:48am On Jun 18, 2010
justwise:

Family and Friends still live there. playing lottery every year. suck!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 2:48am On Jun 18, 2010
justwise:

I have read some good posts by you here in NL but today i'm wondering if you have started taking drug.
Please get your facts right b4 writing rubbish.
U dont need to go personal on me dude.I told u is just own opinion of things in the UK.U can't attack me just because i have a different mind about UK from u.
It's just not a gentle man idea for u to just go harsh on me cos i have a different view of things from u.
As for me,Yankee or Naija till i drop death.Anywhere else is hellllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
I see some talking down UK here. In my own opinion there is no where in the world like London i have been here almost 20years and I am enjoying it. But don't come here without papers though
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tunnytox(m): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
'
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by member65: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2010
@OP I suggest you visit the US and compare. As some wrote, the opportunities that are in the US are tremendous. Where else in the world would a story like that of Barack Obama and so many entrepreneurs like the brains behind Google, Youtube, Facebook, Microsoft etc be possible and quickly achievable? If you are ready to work hard and smart and have the right documents, you could consider the US. Besides, the UK along with their EU cronies could tax one’s wages to death. The fact that it’s the number one country in the world where every nationality on earth wants to immigrate to says a lot about the place. In addition, the US is almost like several countries fused into one. Each state is very unique and you’d be pleasantly surprised how different some are and have to offer climate wise, nature wise, employment wise when compared to others. By the way, in so many areas the world looks up to the US including the UK whether it is in entertainment: movies, music, IT, web, sports (except soccer), militarily put it this way, the US sneezes and the world catches a cold. UK is alright but the image in my head of the place is that of a tight wad. Some areas are good for vacationing though.

Now to the jokes:
Some said UK is Lagos Phase II
Poor man's US
UK is just the developed part of Lagos
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by member65: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
justwise:

Pray tell, how long does one need to live in a place to know jack about it?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AngieFan(f): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
@Oyewolejos
I'm getting sick and tired Nigerian ignoramuses like you having verbal diarrhoea when it comes to Britain. What is it with Nigerians and their constant need to denigrate in order to elevate?? How old are you? 10? shocked Everything you said is complete and utter bull and you obviously have some deep rooted issues that need sorting out.

oyewolejos:

Do u want to leave the Harvard, the Princeton,the UCLA of US to a small Univeristy less than the size of a community college in USA? Many American citizens have attended prestigious universities like Oxford and Cambridge including ex-president Bill Clinton and his daughter Chelsea.

1 Do u want to hinder your freedom by going to a police state where 2 blacks can gather without Police Pulling them over? Proof? or are you talking out of you a$$??

2 Do u want to go to a Country where the few successful blacks are termed criminals? Which successful blacks are termed as criminals? Alex Amosu, Trevor Mcdonald, Idris Elba, David Wabosu, The Director of Engineering at London Underground? http://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sectors/engineering/learning-from-leaders/david-waboso-freng-director-of-engineering-london-u

3 Do u want to go to a country where u will be asked to provide your immigration status just because u got a driving ticket? Did this happen to you, lol. You must have looked like a JJC.Poor Sod! grin

4 Do u want to leave a country where u can be whatever u want to a country where they set limits to your greatness. So have you achieved the level of greatest you seek in your own country?

Come to think of it how many Americans do u see in UK embassy here compared to the crowd at the US embassy in UK? Even the Britons are moving enmass outta that country. There are plenty of plenty of Americans living in the UK. Here they are discussing life in there UK on their very own forum here, http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php and here http://www.americanexpats.co.uk/forum/index.php

Poster.
Of course there are more opportunities in America because it is a bigger country with a bigger population than Britain. Comparing the number of  opportunities in the UK to the US is like asking how many rice krispies are there in a standard cereal bowl compared to how many are in bucket!!! This is because UK  is essentially an Island smaller than the state of Texas. On that note I think you would be better off in the US because Nigerians generally tend to like everything big. Big cars, Big Roads, Big Houses etc while we the British are quite conservative in our tastes. It is a cultural thing I suggest.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AngieFan(f): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
_________:

@OP I suggest you visit the US and compare. As some wrote, the opportunities that are in the US are tremendous. Where else in the world would a story like that of Barack Obama and so many entrepreneurs like the brains behind Google, Youtube, Facebook, Microsoft etc be possible and quickly achievable? If you are ready to work hard and smart and have the right documents, you could consider the US. Besides, the UK along with their EU cronies could tax one’s wages to death. The fact that it’s the number one country in the world where every nationality on earth wants to immigrate to says a lot about the place. In addition, the US is almost like several countries fused into one. Each state is very unique and you’d be pleasantly surprised how different some are and have to offer climate wise, nature wise, employment wise when compared to others. By the way, in so many areas the world looks up to the US including the UK whether it is in entertainment: movies, music, IT, web, sports (except soccer), militarily put it this way, the US sneezes and the world catches a cold. UK is alright but the image in my head of the place is that of a tight wad. Some areas are good for vacationing though.

Now to the jokes:
Some said UK is Lagos Phase II
Poor man's US
UK is just the developed part of Lagos

First of all, how comes you don't have a proper name?

Of course the opportunities are more in the US. It is a bigger country, has more people and so therefore bleating on about more opportunities is really stating the bleeding obvious. cool

America and Britain have a 'special relationship'. I wouldn't necessarily call it 'looking up' to them. Britain is America's strongest and closest ally and if their military was so strong they wouldn't require the British army to back them up in the middle east would they?

Oh and by the way Youtube, Facebook (which I happen to think is crap) and Google wouldn't exist had the computer and the internet not been invented in Britain. grin

That being said, the only thing America has over Britain is numbers. That be in entertainment, movies, music etc. It is however a great nation with great people whom I adore. I personally think the climate there is more suited to Nigerians looking to leave Nigeria. [size=4pt]Britain is full jare!![/size] grin grin
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by johnkent(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
Oyewolejos my brother, how come u know more about the UK when u haven't set foot on UK soil before
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
AngieFan:

@Oyewolejos
I'm getting sick and tired Nigerian ignoramuses like you having verbal diarrhoea when it comes to Britain. What is it with Nigerians and their constant need to denigrate in order to elevate?? How old are you? 10? shocked Everything you said is complete and utter bull and you obviously have some deep rooted issues that need sorting out.

Poster.
Of course there are more opportunities in America because it is a bigger country with a bigger population than Britain. Comparing the number of opportunities in the UK to the US is like asking how many rice krispies are there in a standard cereal bowl compared to how many are in bucket!!! This is because UK is essentially an Island smaller than the state of Texas. On that note I think you would be better off in the US because Nigerians generally tend to like everything big. Big cars, Big Roads, Big Houses etc while we the British are quite conservative in our tastes. It is a cultural thing I suggest.

Another myopic imperial overlord poster who will want their parochial opinion to be forced the throats of the sane majority.Relax, lest u burst a blood vessel Madam i told u is only my opinion and u shouldn't be expecting me and u to have the same opinion about UK.it is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that UK and US can't be compared but since we are in a world where the insane can also have their own opinion then why argue with u.

johnkent:

Oyewolejos my brother, how come u know more about the UK when u haven't set foot on UK soil before
In as much that i acknowledege the fact that i haven't been to the UK but information from Family,Friends and even Class mates who are british as attested to the fact that UK suck.
U can't be more Catholic than the Pope neither can u be more British than the briton.All the British i know here always regret ever being a Briton whenever they see the magnanimity of the American system.
They marvel and appreciate the freedom they have in America.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AngieFan(f): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
oyewolejos:

Another myopic imperial overlord poster who will want their parochial opinion to be forced the throats of the sane majority.Relax, lest u burst a blood vessel Madam i told u is only my opinion and u shouldn't be expecting me and u to have the same opinion about UK.it is audible to the deaf and visible to the blind that UK and US can't be compared but since we are in a world where the insane can also have their own opinion then why argue with u.
In as much that i acknowledege the fact that i haven't been to the UK but information from Family,Friends and even Class mates who are british as attested to the fact that UK suck.
U can't be more Catholic than the Pope neither can u be more British than the briton.All the British i know here always regret ever being a Briton whenever they see the magnanimity of the American system.
They marvel and appreciate the freedom they have in America.

Well if you haven't been to Britain before don't you think you ought to shut up about something you know nothing about?

You just made yourself look like first class Pillock by stating the lies about the UK as fact like you had experienced them yourself. You can't have an opinion about something you have not experienced and second hand information from family and friends does not count and so in future zip it!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2010
So there are many people here that loves our little island UK. Go on England, Kudos to our Queen
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by jonyjay(m): 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2010
I don't see any reason to take this issue personal. My argument base on empirical. from my personal experience i will even choose canada over UK. things are far cheap in US, houses, vehicles, foods, clothes,low taxes, easy to set up business,you walk in to court house in 2 minutes you get your DBA no SSN required, you get dealer license easy in texas. i set up my business in my 9th month in  this country. this country is a land of opportunity. from immigration to government policy is straight forward.please dont let us raise insult on one another. the rate in which british and canadians are migrating to US is far higher than the later. check  visajourney.com or britishexpats you will definitely understand where am coming from, people moving to US from those 2 countries base on marriage than americans moving over.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Bossman(m): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
What is all this argument about? They are both great countries. Each with its advantages and disadvantages. For some of us, the US fits the bill, and for some the UK fits it. It all depends on what you think will work for you after taking the pros and cons of each country into consideration.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 11:34pm On Jun 19, 2010
jonyjay:

I don't see any reason to take this issue personal. My argument base on empirical. from my personal experience i will even choose canada over UK. things are far cheap in US, houses, vehicles, foods, clothes,low taxes, e[b]asy to set up business,you walk in to court house in 2 minutes you get your DBA no SSN required, you get dealer license easy in texas. i set up my business in my 9th month in  this country[/b]. this country is a land of opportunity. from immigration to government policy is straight forward.please dont let us raise insult on one another. the rate in which british and canadians are migrating to US is far higher than the later. check  visajourney.com or britishexpats you will definitely understand where am coming from, people moving to US from those 2 countries base on marriage than americans moving over.
So how long does it take to do the same in the UK? 10 Years?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by jonyjay(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2010
Forever i guess lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Kosovo(eu) A Visa Free To Nigeria? / Coronavirus: Ethiopian Airlimes Says They Have No Plan To Stop China Flights / My Collection Of Beautiful Pictures Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.