Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? (7458 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2010
_________:

You must either be high on drugs or be reading those fake UK textbooks.

You are very ignorant. Please, real educated americans on this board please tell us who owns the federal Reserve Bank? That they used "federal" does not mean it is not a private bank. Our Queen owns it all.
After the first world war American could not pay her debt. So they decided to sell up to her majesty the queen all americans and generations to come,
Federal Reseve Bank is owned by the crown and managed by the city of London. American presidents don't even have the power of this organisation.
If you are not educated, educated your self now. Do the research,
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by babyjowo: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
Schooled in US for 5 years and currently in the UK for the gazillionth time visiting loverboy and family members before going back to school.

IMO many posters have gone off on a tangent and are probably now posting under the wrong topic. Both countries cannot be compared because they are just too different. I schooled in TX and I am moving to NY and I am actually experiencing culture shock. Tiny everything and damn expensive unlike TX. Also I am doing a lot more walking (in NY) and hopping on trains and buses, stuff I used to tease my BF about while on vacation in the UK before I knew better.

I change my mind EVERYDAY on which I prefer. It just really depends on what lifestyle you prefer and what your dreams are. I personally am a fatty at heart and I love the big cars and roads in Texas and how I used to drive everywhere, but I also love the perfect sunny weather right now in the UK unlike the hellfire they call summer in TX.

Summary: There is no particular place to be and none is actually better than the other in every aspect which renders any further argument pointless (especially the ones full of inaccuracies and unfounded facts).

Chao!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2010
babyjowo:

Schooled in US for 5 years and currently in the UK for the gazillionth time visiting loverboy and family members before going back to school.

IMO many posters have gone off on a tangent and are probably now posting under the wrong topic. Both countries cannot be compared because they are just too different. I schooled in TX and I am moving to NY and I am actually experiencing culture shock. Tiny everything and damn expensive unlike TX. Also I am doing a lot more walking (in NY) and hopping on trains and buses, stuff I used to tease my BF about while on vacation in the UK before I knew better.

I change my mind EVERYDAY on which I prefer. It just really depends on what lifestyle you prefer and what your dreams are. I personally am a fatty at heart and I love the big cars and roads in Texas and how I used to drive everywhere, but I also love the perfect sunny weather right now in the UK unlike the hellfire they call summer in TX.

Summary: There is no particular place to be and none is actually better than the other in every aspect which renders any further argument pointless (especially the ones full of inaccuracies and unfounded facts).

Chao!

Are u American? or just illegal? If you are American can i ask you a question before we close down this argument?. Who is your owner? Just to give you a clue "Her Majesty the Queen".

If you are illegal. I rest my case.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by member65: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
BAC:

You are very ignorant. Please, real educated americans on this board please tell us who owns the federal Reserve Bank? That they used "federal" does not mean it is not a private bank. Our Queen owns it all.
After the first world war American could not pay her debt. So they decided to sell up to her majesty the queen all americans and generations to come,
Federal Reseve Bank is owned by the crown and managed by the city of London.  American presidents don't even have the power of this organisation.
If you are not educated, educated your self now. Do the research,  
Please tell me you are joking? Let me school you a bit. First, in case you don't know, America never participated in World War 1 at the initial stage. They deemed it to be Europe's war. But they were capitalist so they were loaning money to France and Britain to finance the war. They also allowed them to buy arms on credit. Their vested interest was to ensure that France & Britain win so they could recover investments made. The US didn't enter the war until after it was provoked by the sinking of an American ship they also did to ensure that Britain and France would be able to make good on investments made.
Your statement on the Fed reeks of elevated level of ignorance or intellectual lethargy. Bright minds don’t engage is such foolish talk. “Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Gemma11: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
whiteroses:

some of you don mara some people dont even have a stay in any of these countries and they already know all the fake history, mention six governors in nigeria they can't tell shiior

U are the biggest fool of the 22nd century.
I can give u a name of the 36 Govs in Nigeria offhand so also the name of all the 109 Senators without stammering.
Do u think everybody is a dullard like u?
This place is for intellectual minds not silly people like u

Danburubanka.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
_________:

Please tell me you are joking? Let me school you a bit. First, in case you don't know, America never participated in World War 1 at the initial stage. They deemed it to be Europe's war. But they were capitalist so they were loaning money to France and Britain to finance the war. They also allowed them to buy arms on credit. Their vested interest was to ensure that France & Britain win so they could recover investments made. The US didn't enter the war until after it was provoked by the sinking of an American ship they also did to ensure that Britain and France would be able to make good on investments made.
Your statement on the Fed reeks of elevated level of ignorance or intellectual lethargy. Bright minds don’t engage is such foolish talk. “Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".  

How foolish can you be? who is talking of the start of the war. Do i have to give you a hard knock to get your dead brains started? You are avoiding the question, if you can read into a question how can you pass common entrance. The question is who owns the federal Reserve bank. Get that brain of yours in gear or keep your mouth shut.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
', The most powerful men in the United States were themselves answerable to another power, a foreign power, and a power which had been steadfastly seeking to extend its control over the young republic since its very inception. The power was the financial power of England, centered in the London Branch of the House of Rothschild. The fact was that in 1910, the United States was for all practical purposes being ruled from England, and so it is today' (Mullins, p. 47-48).
by Eustace Mullins (1983)
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by member65: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2010
BAC:

How foolish can you be? who is talking of the start of the war. Do i have to give you a hard knock to get your dead brains started? You are avoiding the question, if you can read into a question how can you pass common entrance. The question is who owns the federal Reserve bank. Get that brain of yours in gear or keep your mouth shut.
I thought that you were too smart to believe the mumbo jumbo of New Age,illuminati, conspiracy theories and the Rothschild family balderdash. I guess I was wrong. Seeing that you are bent on becoming the class clown, this will be the end of my discussion with you on this matter.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by IamBeulah: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
_________:

"Poached" as if the guy was forced into slavery. Simply put he immigrated to the US where the environment is better. By the way, why did you fail to mention that the invention was actually made and launched in the US? The thread starter asked where is the place to be your inventor guy figured it was US and ditched the UK.

In 2008 Apple finally admitted when they were being sued that they used the patent and drawings of British inventor Kane Kramer to make the IPOD.

Can’t post links here because the server doesn’t like it.

After graduating with a first class honours from Northumbria University British designer Jonathan Ive's opened a design studio, Tangerine in London. One of his clients Apple inc. As time went on, Apple probably realised that Jonathan would be a threat to them business wise and launched a takeover of his much smaller company. Jonathan eventually ended up working for them and going on to design the Ipod Nano, Iphone and Ipad. That is what 'poach' means in this case. It happens in business all the time.

That being said, the Ipod is an entirely British invention from Kramer to Ives. You came in here downing the British education system which these two individuals are clear a product of. You even went as far as to say the Ipod which, has sold billions world wide and made Apple the biggest company in the world, was American, lol Egg on your face? much. . .

America knows how to rip off ideas, market and sell. Britain has produced its own fair share of great minds that have changed the world.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by IamBeulah: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
@____________In 2008 Apple admitted that they used the patent and drawings of British man Kane Kramer to make the IPOD.

Can’t post links here because the server doesn’t like it.

After graduating with a first class honours from Northumbria University British designer Jonathan Ive's design studio in London. One of his clients Apple inc. As time went on, Apple probably realised that Jonathan would be a threat to them business wise and launched a takeover of his much smaller company. Jonathan eventually ended up working for them and going on to design the Ipod Nano, Iphone and Ipad. That is what 'poach' means in this case. It happens in business all the time.

That being said, the Ipod is an entirely British invention from Kramer to Ives. You came in here downing the British education system which these two individuals are clear a product of. You even went as far as to say the Ipod which, has sold billions world wide and made Apple the biggest company in the world, was American. lol Egg on your face? much!

America knows how to rip off ideas, market and sell. Britain has produced its own fair share of great minds that have changed the world.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by angiefan2: 9:51pm On Jun 22, 2010
Man the spambot on this site is driving me crazy shocked

Sorry for the multiple posts people. I tried to respond to several posts directed at me and was blocked and so I used different names and they were blocked too.

@__________ I wanted to reply to that long winded post to me but unfortunately I can't so you are off the hook.

DTW_Sola, I had a response for you to challenge some of the incorrect things you wrote but it appears the server isn't letting me so you get off lightly too.

Perhaps when I am unbanned under my original name I will come back. Perhaps not!

Cheerio!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by cold(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
This argument can go on 4eva,the truth is the UK is a spent force,end of thread.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by sexxxxy(f): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
BAC:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin funniest post i've read,, i'm screaming with laughter just too funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by sexxxxy(f): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2010
@angiefan,

i gbadun ur posts,it's the most logical really, nice. smiley
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Rocktation(f): 1:35am On Jun 23, 2010
If you wanna practice medicine, pleasssse do so in the U.S of A (especially in Florida, Illinois & Michigan). We hit it biggest down here with salaries ranging from 200,OOO-1,300,000 USD per annum. Boring U.K doesn't offer half as much.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 1:59am On Jun 23, 2010
Rocktation:

If you wanna practice medicine, pleasssse do so in the U.S of A (especially in Florida, Illinois & Michigan). We hit it biggest down here with salaries ranging from 200,OOO-1,300,000 USD per annum. Boring U.K doesn't offer half as much.
U can say that again and again.We runs the World here unlike the Lagos Phase 2 some people are praising to high heavens just because they paid 20,000 to get Visa there and another 50,000 ticket grin grin grin

I can't even differentiate UK from Nigeria. grin
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by blackspade(m): 2:25am On Jun 23, 2010
U.S. hands down. Britain is a fast filling Island that's getting overran by muslim extremists. Its crowded, dirty, and had nearly 430,000 of her citizens move abroad last year, so what does that tell you? Also, the average British household is smaller than any other in the western world. Do you like cramped living? I don't. Plus I hear taxes are crazy over there, not to mention the quality of the 'NHS'.

Here in America you dont live under millions of CCTVs, nor do you have to worry about a Paki blowing up your train. You can live in a 3,000 sq foot house for under $200,000 (with a 1/4 acre backyard), have affordable private insurance that gives you access to top notch medical care, and many more things. The food here is waaay better too. We have the most diversity, and the food reflects it. Classic American dishes totally outshine the bland excuses for food brits consume. I

One other thing about American is that you can come here illegally, have children (who will automatically become us citizens), and live a pretty good life if you're smart about it, millions of undocumented mexicans are doing it now lol. (not that its recommended, just saying). smiley

To anyone considering the UK over America, all I have to say is this: enjoy your dirty, crowded, bnp loving, police/soon to be shariah state. Don't forget to say 'god save the queen' on your arrival. tongue
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by babyjowo: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
@BAC

It seems like you do not bother to read posts thoroughly before responding. Please tell me, "the queens PA" how I can be illegal and be bouncing in and out of the US while studying.

And if I am illegal, how does that change anything. So my experience in the United States is altered by my immigration status now or what? Or how does that affect the fact that there the UK is not "better" than the US and the US is not "better" than the UK.

And if I am American, no, the UK is not my owner. Yes, Americans were colonized by the British but it will do you good to come and join the rest of the world in the 21st century because that was centuries ago.

Right now, the UK has no ownership of the US or whatever it is you are screaming about because at this point I am convinced that you are posting under the wrong topic.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
babyjowo:

@BAC

It seems like you do not bother to read posts thoroughly before responding. Please tell me, "the queens PA" how I can be illegal and be bouncing in and out of the US while studying.

And if I am illegal, how does that change anything. So my experience in the United States is altered by my immigration status now or what? Or how does that affect the fact that there the UK is not "better" than the US and the US is not "better" than the UK.

And if I am American, no, the UK is not my owner. Yes, Americans were colonized by the British but it will do you good to come and join the rest of the world in the 21st century because that was centuries ago.

Right now, the UK has no ownership of the US or whatever it is you are screaming about because at this point I am convinced that you are posting under the wrong topic.

@babyjowo   your name looks like "baba alawo" did you study juju at Univeristy? you stated "how can I be illegal and be bouncing in and out of the US while studying"
  My answer to that , With you naija guys all things are possible, if they can attempt to deport umaru diko in a container at heathrow what can't you guys do. And if your are a baba alawo it is even more possible all you have to do is raise up one leg and you disappear in the US and appear in the UK. But for your information we've got trained dogs at the point of entry that can uncover that process. So don't even try it

If you are babaalawo don't come here. Go to the US.

And for your information if you dare say anything bad about our queen, I will give you hard a knock.  grin
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by ucheawesom: 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
BAC why the insult.
The lady in question didnt insult u,why are u callingn her names.cant u make ur point without name calling?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by member65: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
oyewolejos:

U can say that again and again.We runs the World here unlike the Lagos Phase 2 some people are praising to high heavens just because they paid 20,000 to get Visa there and another 50,000 ticket  grin grin grin

I can't even differentiate UK from Nigeria. grin

I think Abuja is better than London. It even has wider roads. Well, someone put it well that London is the developed part of Lagos. lol When US and Russia they go space up and down, britain they celebrate say na dem invent how to flush toilet? which kind "great" britain?
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by babyjowo: 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
@BAC

I see that for lack of adequate facts to support your argument (an argument that doesn't seem to be heading in any direction) you have decided to act like an uneducated person and throw unnecessary insults left right and center.

Let me come down to your level for a bit and speak your language,

First you claim to have a brain and you are asking me if I studied "juju" at the university because my name looks like baba alawo. That is pretty retarded but it still remains irrelevant to the topic.

Also, quit contradicting yourself. If Nigerians are actually capable of anything, a billion trained dogs at the point of entry would make no difference.

Right now, I am typing comfortably from within the UK so you should call the queen on her direct contact number and have her send troops to deport me since I am a baba alawo or whatever the heck your new "retarded and irrelevant to the topic" claim is.

And if your optic nerve is not severed, you will  see from my previous post that I have nothing (especially negative things) to say about the queen because the topic of this thread has nothing to do with that but you have gone so far away from the point that you probably cannot even remember what the point is anymore.

Anyway, let me guide you back to the point of this thread and leave you with one thing that I PERSONALLY believe sucks about the UK when compared to the US. Many of the houses do not have a cooling system in place so right now its warm and humid and gross indoors and out.

You can see that I put the word "personally" in big letters to help you see it better because I expect you to start throwing profanities all around without looking properly. If you like lose sleep over the opinion of someone you do not know and display some more illiterate characteristics while being totally off point/topic.

My conclusion still remains that no one place is better than the other. The UK sucks in some ways and the US sucks in other ways. If you like burst your jugular while arguing, nothing is going to change about that.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 4:29am On Jun 24, 2010
Haaa tonight is very hot I agree with that. But B & Q Sells Aircondition why not buy one. Or is the availability of AC another britain problem? For those that are offended with with I say sorry. But please can someone answer my question and let us close this thread.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tunnytox(m): 11:03am On Jun 24, 2010
'
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Rocktation(f): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2010
Babyjowo and Bac. OMGosh, i LOVE you both already. But please you've been on this long enough and it has sooo got to stop now. Both aren't your original countries anyway. I love America, so what? Obama doesn't even know a friend of my friend of my friend. And it's true that both have something good that the other doesn't, but we don't have to go to the warfront for them just because we live there. Please it's aight. *Hoping you won't diss me now*
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by AjanleKoko: 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
Home is the place to be (Nigeria).
Right about now, the economies of both the US and the UK are in tatters.
The UK is even in the more pathetic of situations. Dave Cameron is planning to flag off an austerity measure that will result in wage cuts, more taxes and a number of other shitty conditions.
Better head back to Naija and sort yourselves out.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2010
@BAC

apart from ur jaundiced view about the queens ownership of FED reserve

can u show us a documented resource or where u read that crap

just so that billions of people like me can be educated
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Princek12(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2010
If you are hardworking and cherish a place that will provide you with the opportunity to strike it rich, come to Yankee; but if you like to do manual labor such as cleaning toilets and mopping floors, go to UK. There are way more successful Nigerians in the USA than UK. Food is also more expensive in UK than USA. USA also is bigger and has more cities and places to be than UK. USA is the shizniz. But if you don't have your papers, you go suffer for Yankee ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Kosovo(eu) A Visa Free To Nigeria? / Coronavirus: Ethiopian Airlimes Says They Have No Plan To Stop China Flights / Going Through The Immigration Process To Bring Your Nigerian Husband To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.