Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? (7457 Views)

Should I Resign To Study In The US, UK Or Just Stay Back In Nigeria? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / UK Or US: Your Preference And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Laughter1(m): 10:12am On Jun 25, 2010
Princek12:

If you are hardworking and cherish a place that will provide you with the opportunity to strike it rich, come to Yankee; but if you like to do manual labor such as cleaning toilets and mopping floors, go to UK.
WRONG!!
There are way more successful Nigerians in the USA than UK.
I agree, thats because US is Bigger, more opportunities.
Food is also more expensive in UK than USA. USA also is bigger and has more cities and places to be than UK. USA is the shizniz. But if you don't have your papers, you go suffer for Yankee ooooo
anywhere you go without papers, na suffering

@ Princek12link
I wonder what you're on about. Your response is definitely one sided and you've been terribly misinformed, shoud incase you haven't been to the UK before. Even though I started this thread in other to know in what aspects is US better than UK . UK may be a small island yes, or it may be crowded but that doesn't mean everyone wash toilets in the UK and neither does it mean thousands of people don't wash toilet in the US. I can tell you I have friends studying in the USA that often complain of hardship. From the ridiculuos amount they pay for Postgraduate studies as int'l student. They can't even work off campus. whereas UK is cheaper in terms of solid education on the long run.That doesn't mean I wouldn't choose the US over UK, if I have the opprtunity to do so but please the situation in the UK is not as bad as some people have described it. If you have papers in both countries you will enjoy. if you don't, na serious wahala
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by tunnytox(m): 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2010
'
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2010
I just got a phone call from Naija. No light for almost a week now, If you are afraid of the dark don't stay there. Even them Goodluck cannot help.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2010
BAC:

I just got a phone call from Naija. No light for almost a week now, If you are afraid of the dark don't stay there. Even them Goodluck cannot help.

And u are complaining?What do u want people who haven't had electricity for years to do?
Nigeria is just a funny Nation.Vision 2090 or what do they call it is a mirage.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
oyewolejos:

And u are complaining?What do u want people who haven't had electricity for years to do?
Nigeria is just a funny Nation.Vision 2090 or what do they call it is a mirage.

But some people here said Naija is better than the uk? If you want light come here ooooo. The Quality of the light here is better than USA. Before the US guys jump at me on that statement, ask yourself what is the difference between the Quality of light and Quantity of light,

If you want light though come here.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 27, 2010
What baffles me is why we are even talking about choice, us or uk as long as u've got the proper documentation just thank God u're out of 9ja, this is for the mechanics and those living below poverty line, for the ones who hardly eats more than one meal a day, for those really really struggling, a chance abroad makes a whole lot of difference. U.S is for the socials and you get rich quicker, while U.k is safer and more disciplined but nowhere is like HOME when u've got the proper means,
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by rukayat007: 2:54am On Jul 27, 2010
Abeg, US is the place to be, there is sooo much space, an freedom for a lot of things. UK too get restrictions; everything dey too small for my liking jare.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by anusule(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
:-x
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by bebure(m): 12:57am On Aug 05, 2010
I think I'm quAlified to speak on this thread. I did my A levels and university in the UK (six years) and I'm doing my master's in the US (starting this month), in addition I visit the US virtually every holiday and I can tell you the US is a million times better than the UK in terms of quality of life, opportunity, freedom etc.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2010
come to england!! born and bred in england!! free education and healthccare NHS!!! anyways the are many attractions to see the london eye, buckingham palace, big ben, downing street if yoir into politcis. if your a football fan come and see the stadiums: emirates(arsenal), stamford bridge(chelsea), upton park(west ham),white hart lane(tottenham) craven cottage(fulham). there is also the o2 which famous musicians sing like lady gaga beyonce and michael jackson(if he was alive) etc.
but then it is hard to find work here due the econmoic crisis, but if you have qualifications it souldnt be hard for you, but if you dont he will find yourself cleaing the toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by BAC: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2010
God save our Queen, she needs to be born again though.
Re: Where Is The Place To Be? Uk Or The Us? by drstasi: 12:55am On Aug 24, 2010
This is simply ridiculous.I read the comments on this thread and I am still reeling.Must we interject our discussions with insults?Of what use are the unnecessary barbs?No man is a repertoire of knowledge!Let's learn to put our ideas forward in a non insulting manner.And it's a common thing on NL.The discussion starts well then before you know it,the barbs start to flow.Easy people easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Kosovo(eu) A Visa Free To Nigeria? / Coronavirus: Ethiopian Airlimes Says They Have No Plan To Stop China Flights / Going Through The Immigration Process To Bring Your Nigerian Husband To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.