Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (16450 Views)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice / Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by AreaFada2: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68919368:
She will get her passport.
Go to the Nigeria embassy in Greece, pay the visa fee to get a visa to Nigeria.
You will write a Letter of Invitation stating where she will stay when she comes and how you will take care of your visitor.
Also stating her arrival and departure date.
She will buy her ticket..... that's all i remember at this point.

All the best bro.

Aside the ones Mannabbq already listed, at the Embassy they may require her latest bank statement with some money in the account, some proofs of address (rent or mortgage document, utility/electricity/water rate bill), your invitation letter might need to be accompanied by a photocopy of the data page of your international passport. Best is to visit or contact Nigerian Embassy in Greece for visa requirements.

After getting the visa, she should bring her birth certificate with her when coming to Nigeria. She might need a "certificate of no impediment to marriage" (if her country routinely requires that before marriage, Italy does for example). If previously married she must bring her divorce certificate when coming too.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
I am sure she is a Grandma. Please help me beg her to come with her child or grandchild make me too flee. Thanks and enjoy your old punna.
Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by eiete(f): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68920358:

Even Americans require visa to come to Nigeria, our embassy over there is making yanga now!

You even pay more to get a visa in an EU , US, CAN and AUS passport, than if you had used a passport of an African country . My friend uses her Zambian passport to get a visa when traveling to naija than her British passport. Lol she saves about £40+.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by Ikpongiton: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2018
hisgrace090:

Never you over rush things.

Wish you success!!!
u don't want him to rush things,so that you can snatch her from him.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by easyzworld: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68919368:
She will get her passport.
Go to the Nigeria embassy in Greece, pay the visa fee to get a visa to Nigeria.
You will write a Letter of Invitation stating where she will stay when she comes and how you will take care of your visitor.
Also stating her arrival and departure date.
She will buy her ticket..... that's all i remember at this point.

All the best bro.
You will go the registry to book for the marriage before her arrival because the registry need 21days period before the chosen date for the marriage.
Re: What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? by Cherlene(f): 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
CollinsWeGlobe:
My woman is currently in Greece right now and I am in Nigeria so she want us to get married in Nigeria before we can do the needful. Can somebody tell me what is the requirement for her to come here in my country.

Please, Nairalander kiss

Good day,

I suggest you inform her to read the requirements on the EMBASSY OF NIGERIA in, ATHENS, GREECE.

https://www.nigerianembassyathens.org/page/visas

I just returned from Nigeria (my 1st visit) two weeks ago, back to Scandinavia.

Have a lovely day.

Cherlene

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Abandons Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, As Motorists, Commuters Lament / Petrol Tanker Inferno On Lagos Airport Road Quelled / Update On Lagos Train/Bus Accident By Health Commissioner, Prof. Akin Abayomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.