Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? (2902 Views)

Urgent ! Should I Call The Police To Help Me Check If She Is Alive / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / How Do I Tell My Neighbour She Has Staph? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2018
I just got to know that my younger brother who stays with me, has a girl friend who is due to deliver this month.

I am so worried now because he has hid this from me and any other person for eight months.

Before the woman who told me the secret revealed it, she promised I shouldn't tell my parents so that they can train my brother in school.

Just yesterday, my mother called and told me she had a dream, that my father was slapping me in the dream. This has increased the fear in me should my father find out what his last born has done.

But I still want to go ahead and let my parents know. However, I still have to be considerate, if they have hidden this for this long, can they hold on for long?

My father will be very angry but I don't know if he will still send his son to school if he finds out.

Please, matured minds, what do you reason I do.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by madridguy(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2018
Confront your brother first.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by dingbang(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Please tell your father. There are things you can't hide away from this earth.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by ClassRep001: 9:53am On Jul 01, 2018
Don't ever make that silly mistake of telling your dad over something as sensitive as this.

Just wait till the baby is born you both can sell it off 300k or even more than that.

In the present situation of Nigeria, turn every situation you find yourself into a business opportunity.

Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 01, 2018
If you were in your father's position and this happened, would you wish for your sons to tell u or for them to hide it from you?

Bro, tell your parents. They understand life better than you and your kid bro.
Yes, they would get mad, shout at first, but with time.... It will all die down. Nothing new under the sun!
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by mibrims: 10:05am On Jul 01, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]
ClassRep001:
Don't ever make that silly make of telling your dad over something as sensitive as this.

Just wait till the baby is born you both can sell it off 300k or even more than that.

In the present situation of Nigeria, turn every situation you find yourself into a business opportunity.
[/color][color=#990000]
Thank you
mitshew��
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by pyyxxaro: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever make that silly make of telling your dad over something as sensitive as this.

Thank you

Olumo rock , Fuel tanker and Volcano fall on ur old greasy testes grin

9 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Avedonn: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2018
What kind of brother are you?

You just learnt something about your younger brother and you are eager to tell your parents?

It appears to me as if you just want to gossip about your brother to your parent or you are somehow happy he messed up.

Remember as an older brother, you are like a father figure to your siblings and as such you should be able to handle some complex problems without informing your folks.

My advice

Called your brother and talk to him. Let him know you aren't happy that he kept such important information from you and the dangers of doing that.

Then ask him what he intend doing about the situation. Ask him calmly without traces of anger in your voice. If he have no plan, two of you should figure a way out to handle the situation. But please do not abort the pregnancy.

As of your parents, don't let them know about it at present. Solve the problem first before letting them know. If possible allow the girlfriend to put to bed before letting them know.

Please don't snitch on your brother.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Bluezy13(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2018
madridguy:
Confront your brother first.

You've said it all
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by 912(m): 10:26am On Jul 01, 2018
Simply act as if you do not know. Don't ask your brother anything and don't tell your father anything.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by iamJ(m): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2018
what will ur dad do? ask your bro of his plans, when he intends to tell ur dad and advice him but first let the girl give birth in peace, dont carry ur family wahala to disturb som1 thats is already that far gone
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by ITAQ(m): 10:41am On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Don't ever make that silly mistake of telling your dad over something as sensitive as this.

Thank you
TRY COME QUICK,WE HAVE UR LOST BRAIN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by coolh3ad(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2018
How old is your Brother first?...If you don't mind telling us oo
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2018
Your brother is a man now. He can deal with it which was why he kept it from u.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by pafo(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2018
Can your brother or the girl have the funds to take care of the baby? IS the girl from the street that none of her family members wants to know who impregnated their daughter? This is not a matter for kids as childbirth no be small thing o. Let your parents know immediately so they can know how far they will have to run for successful delivery and taking care of the girl and child.

As for your brother, he is still in school being sponsored by your parents and the next chapter for him is to have sex without rubber? He has done the deed, now let him face the music.

Rat on the lil boy!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by BanigoCharlesP(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Your brother is a man now. He can deal with it which was why he kept it from u.

What about the girl
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by tetula123(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2018
how old is your brother ?
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2018
BanigoCharlesP:

What about the girl
The impregnator will take care of the impregnatee

1 Like

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
Avedonn:
What kind of brother are you?

You just learnt something about your younger brother and you are eager to tell your parents?

It appears to me as if you just want to gossip about your brother to your parent or you are somehow happy he messed up.

Remember as an older brother, you are like a father figure to your siblings and as such you should be able to handle some complex problems without informing your folks.

My advice

Called your brother and talk to him. Let him know you aren't happy that he kept such important information from you and the dangers of doing that.

Then ask him what he intend doing about the situation. Ask him calmly without traces of anger in your voice. If he have no plan, two of you should figure a way out to handle the situation. But please do not abort the pregnancy.

As of your parents, don't let them know about it at present. Solve the problem first before letting them know. If possible allow the girlfriend to put to bed before letting them know.

Please don't snitch on your brother.

Thank you for your contribution.

I am not happy my kid bro did this. No one would, even my immediate younger brother is very furious.

The girl might likely put to bed this month so no one is even thinking of abortion.

I am due to continue my studies later this year. My job now is not paying me that much hence my quest for other means of income which I haven't found yet.

My kid bro just wrote his Jamb and is waiting on his school of choice for admission procedure and not working.

I am currently feeding him and myself and also paying for my rent and it is not that easy. Now a third and fouth party would be added to the list.

I would love to keep calm but hey, what if my father hear from other sources.

I did asked him when I found out why he asked the girl to keep the pregnancy and what is his future plan. Answer I got is that the girl is a hardworking girl and that after her delivery, she will go back to her business.

Now, you and I know that a pregnant woman who just deliver must be well fed.

I would not mind keeping it to myself if not for school, rent and other miscellaneous spending but hey, I have skipped two years already and won't want this year to pass me by.

I know my father will be very angry but will he still send him to school? What if something happen in the process of delivery if I don't tell which I am not praying for.

These are my thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
912:
Simply act as if you do not know. Don't ask your brother anything and don't tell your father anything.

Why?
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by IamAirforce1: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2018
Let your brother be the one to tell your father when he feels they should know ..

Face your life
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Auladimeji1: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
deafeyez:

I am not happy my kid bro did this. No one would, even my immediate younger brother is very furious.

The girl might likely put to bed this month so no one is even thinking of abortion.

I am due to continue my studies later this year. My job now is not paying me that much hence my quest for other means of income which I haven't found yet.

My kid bro just wrote his Jamb and is waiting on his school of choice for admission procedure and not working.

I am currently feeding him and myself and also paying for my rent and it is not that easy. Now a third and fouth party would be added to the list.

I did asked him when I found out why he asked the girl to keep the pregnancy and what is his future plan. Answer I got is that the girl is a hardworking girl and that after her delivery, she will go back to her business.

I would not mind keeping it to myself if not for school, rent and other miscellaneous spending but hey, I have skipped two years already and won't want this year to pass me by.

I know my father will be very angry but will he still send him to school? What if something happen in the process of delivery if I don't tell which I am not praying for.

These are my thoughts.
Those dudes telling you not to tell your parent are not helping you.

There is no way they won't know, tell them, I repeat, tell them. Anything can happen, let them know,so that they will be prepare

if you fail to tell your parent you don't deserve to be an elder brother

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Give your brother a deadline. Tell him if he doesn't step up then you will do it for him. Your father has every right to know. Don't add disrespect to the shame he will feel. Stop shielding your brother from adult responsibility. If he wants to play big people's games then he should bare the consequences that come with it. Don't put your life on hold for him. Don't pay for his mistake, let him deal with his own problems.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by jahsharon: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:

Thank you

DSS take note of this guy. He has been selling babies from his baby factory for long.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by jahsharon: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Dear OP, if you tell your parents and your parents stop paying school fees and other bills for your brother, what will be your gain? The woman that told you to keep it a secret knows what letting the cat out may lead to. This is a test of how much you love or hate your brother. If I were you, I won't tell my brother so that he will not start getting scared of you telling your parents. Your brother is currently in a state of confusion don't add to his problems, one day you too may need to keep some things away from your parents. A sister in need is a sister indeed.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Avedonn: 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
deafeyez:

These are my thoughts.

I understood the severity of the situation but I'm just advising you to calm down first before taking any decision.

I am not also advising you to shoulder the responsibilities of taking care of the nursing mother because that would be the responsibility of younger brother. If he's man enough to impregnate a woman, then he should also be man enough to shoulder the responsibilities that comes with it.

Tell him point blank to man up and look for a job to cater for the girls welfare. Even if it's brig laying.

Please even if you have the means, don't take up the responsibilities. Allow him to face the consequences of his action. Tell him you have your life to focus on but if he needs any guidance or advice, your door is always open.

Allowing him to take up the responsibilities will defined him as man. But also keep a close eye on him so as not to do in legal things for money.

As for your parents, tell them after delivery. But tell your mother first she'll know how to tell your dad because mothers know how to defused critical situation.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by shakmati(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2018
ClassRep001:

Thank you

Satan is clapping at your brilliance! Two odeku waiting for you in hell fire! You're too smart!
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by ambrosini593(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
please I beg you in the name of God, tell your parents not just your dad only. what if something happens to her during childbirth? God forbid.
your parents has every right to know. your brother Bleep up for hiding it this far sha. congratulations to him in advanced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by roarik(f): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2018
I think your mom should be the first person to know bfore your dad..confide in your mom..she can handle it better..but your brother no try o.
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
The pregnant girl didn't she have family too?my advice is to tell your parents tongue I know they will be very angry with him but with time everything will go back to normal tongue
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by Shegzy8(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
I implore you to let your dad know..a yoruba adage says "oro tani ki baba ma gbo, baba lo ma pada pari e" meaning what you don't want your dad to know, he will still be the one to solve it...if it were other issues I would have said you should hide it but since it has to do with life, just let him know...child birth is not something you handle with levity, if something happens to the girls enemy, do you think her family would take it likely..I made such decision in my university day and only scaled through with my teeth..this is from experience and not what I heard...she laboured for three bad days and almost lost her life...the doctors were ready to take her to the operation room to go through the knife until God miraculously used a nurse that told them to give her one more try...our health care is bad and to get the best you need a fortune which I dont know if your brother can...and lastly, his ability to handle critical situation and take decision...he has no experience and at such the situation will overwhelm him...TELL YOUR PARENTS
Re: Please Help Urgent, Should I Tell My Father? by deafeyez: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
Avedonn:

I understood the severity of the situation but I'm just advising you to calm down first before taking any decision.

I am not also advising you to shoulder the responsibilities of taking care of the nursing mother because that would be the responsibility of younger brother. If he's man enough to impregnate a woman, then he should also be man enough to shoulder the responsibilities that comes with it.

Tell him point blank to man up and look for a job to cater for the girls welfare. Even if it's brig laying.

Please even if you have the means, don't take up the responsibilities. Allow him to face the consequences of his action. Tell him you have your life to focus on but if he needs any guidance or advice, your door is always open.

Allowing him to take up the responsibilities will defined him as man. But also keep a close eye on him so as not to do in legal things for money.

As for your parents, tell them after delivery. But tell your mother first she'll know how to tell your dad because mothers know how to defused critical situation.

I really appreciate your advice, thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curvaceous Ghana Lady With Gigantic Boobs, Proudly Show Them Off, Calls Them / I Stop Giving Girls Attention & Attend To The Ones Giving Me Attention / Nigerian Men Share Heartbreak Experiences On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.