Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29861 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Bim4u: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ op
i laughed so much at the thread
but seriously though that topic is very sensitive
when i first read your post
i taught it's the mentality btw people living in naija and naija living in the u.k are very differently
i remembered when i was living in naija and my ex use to make a statement when he visits naija
that this naija people have started
i used to grow very angry as my blood pumping but now i use those word very often
i've found most naija's very selfish and self-centred.
people in the u.k haven't got that selfish mentality becos the country doesn't even allow you becos it's part of the society.
the country makes you treat each other with respect for one another knowingly or unknowingly,
mentality matters a lot
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

The funniest thing is, the big-ballers don't talk . . . TKB and Debosky go to Trinidad for beer.
They don't open threads on Nairaland to celebrate it.

But this one goes to the Liberia and the next thing it's on Nairaland's homepage.

J-girl drops an offline to tell me she's in London, by the time I see it, she's in Zurich or sumn, if Hatch does that, he'll close down Nairaland. grin grin

Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Eldee, fingers are not equal.
Na condition make crayfish bend. grin grin grin grin grin

hatch#:

I love to see people post and comment like wounded lions on threads on NL,I usually catch my fun to see people pour all their venom like some of our BNP fellows here are doing ! smiley

Hatch, i dey your back.
When are you visiting us again? Can you help with a sack of garri when you are coming?
I will pay you in cash(GBP) on arrival. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by maclatunji: 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
I Knew that we were headed for another Samurai showdown when I saw this thread. Anyway, make the most of your location, every part of the world has it pros and cons.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
Gari is actually cheaper there in the UK oooo!!!! I beleive you can get a 50KG bag for about 29 pounds there.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Gari is actually cheaper there in the UK oooo!!!! I beleive you can get a 50KG bag for about 29 pounds there. 

Is it?
Abeg, i need the proper Ijebu Garri.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by debosky(m): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

The funniest thing is, the big-ballers don't talk . . . TKB and Debosky go to Trinidad for beer.
They don't open threads on Nairaland to celebrate it.

Hehehe. . . .TKB sponsored my trip oh - I am still a below average poo packer paying less than £27,000 p/a on rent.  sad grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
u people are killing me with laughter - i'm wondering why those NIN are not saying that i'm lying about what is so great about naija to be jealous of.

LMAO - u pple will kill me o!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
Sauron,that's the spirit jare.
All these smoking guns here are busy fuming because I am of the opinion that most of them just can't help but feeling that most of us on visits there are coming to compete with them.Abeg we come in peace !
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by eldee(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Eldee, fingers are not equal.
Na condition make crayfish bend. grin grin grin grin grin

Fingers are not equal but why should the pinky finger be trying to do the 'fuckyou' sign when the middle finger is chilling??

debosky:

Hehehe. . . .TKB sponsored my trip oh - I am still a below average poo packer paying less than £27,000 p/a on rent.  sad grin grin

That's what you guys say . . . till we see you tagged on Facebook closing down 40/40 with cartons Cristal.
Abeg go siddon jare. grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Is it?
Abeg, i need the proper Ijebu Garri.

Yes, Ijebu garri. i google the thing yesterday when I was debating price of food yesterday. For here, Ijebu garri is about $28 for a bag 50lb bag. Very good garri too. Elubo na almost the same price.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, Ijebu garri. i google the thing yesterday when I was debating price of food yesterday. For here, Ijebu garri is about $28 for a bag 50lb bag. Very good garri too. Elubo na almost the same price.

Thanx for this vital information. cheesy

eldee:

Fingers are not equal but why should the pinky finger be trying to do the 'fuckyou' sign when the middle finger is chilling??

Over-reaction. grin

That's what you guys say . . . till we see you tagged on Facebook closing down 40/40 with cartons Cristal.
Abeg go siddon jare. grin grin

Debosky has a permanent VIP section reserved for him @ 40/40.
The bobo na bigboy o. . . . .Shitpacking na serious biznizz. grin grin

hatch#:

Sauron,that's the spirit jare.
All these smoking guns here are busy fuming because I am of the opinion that most of them just can't help but feeling that most of us on visits there are coming to compete with them.Abeg we come in peace !

That i do not doubt. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
hatch hatch hatch, this topic u started is it really a pressing issue for nigeria.

i for one am not jealous of anyone coming from nigeria to do any shopping - i just think its sad that they have to shop in the UK and not back home, i think its sad for one to think visiting UK twice a year is something to make noise about, i mean honestly - u came on here to tell us u travel twice a year - come one now do u know what ur mates in the UK are doing (the ones with good jobs)

when our own former president has to go to any country apart from his own for medical treatment u come on here to talk of jealousy - abeg open ur eyes. if u don't want to stay with friends and relatives find a hotel in the UK and enjoy ur life instead of insulting people who house u and feed u during ur trip.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
Redsky I admit I may have used the word "jealous" in a very uncalled for manner and I indeed feel kinda remorseful but I think the thread is becoming as much fun as watching LFL in yankee. smiley
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by eldee(m): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Sauron~:

Debosky has a permanent VIP section reserved for him @ 40/40.
The bobo na bigboy o. . . . .Shitpacking na serious biznizz. grin grin

Debosky is the main reason why the Ralph Lauren store on Bond Street is running out of Polos.
This guy has bought then for all his family members.

I seriously want to get into this shitpacking business maynne . . . right now I'm still on the level of opening a thread to say I visited the UK twice in one year. grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by eldee(m): 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
hatch#:

Redsky I admit I may have used the word "jealous" in a very uncalled for manner and I indeed feel kinda remorseful but I think the thread is becoming as much fun as watching LFL in yankee. smiley

You went to Yankee too?? ?? ?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

WOW!!! Let me notify Seun, that's the next Homepage topic grin grin

'Are Kenyans in the White House Jealous of Us??' grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
He is a fuccking idiot who deserve to be killed by lion

hope you arent one of the people giving foreigners the impression all kinds of wild animals run loose on every street in nigeria?

making them ask dumb questions like "did you use to see a lot of hippos and orangutans when you lived back home".

where will the op see a lion in naija outside of an enclosed zoo.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
Eldee is seriously giving kobojunkie a run for her money on this thread !
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by AjanleKoko: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
hatch#:

Wetin be LFL? Londonderry Football League? undecided

@Topic,
I can't believe this thread actually got to 10. Black man palaver. Sambos n Mlambos.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by hatch: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
LMOA ! LFL is a mixture of playboy babes and American Football . smiley aka Lingerie Football League
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by nazzyon(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
Based on my understanding if Nigerian based are made to pay the same tax levied on UK based I believe a guy like the first poster would not have audacity to come out and state his mind.

[b]NOTE: [/b]I rarely travel out of Nigeria so my base is Naija.

In the UK only few can skip tax payment and not get caught but it is not the same in Nigeria. Even amongst those who pay their taxes in Nigeria, most declared only 0.1% of their assets. It is done in so many ways since the government either ignore, may not be aware of such action or the Tax agency representative had a hand in it.

--------

As most of the people residing abroad enjoy most of things we can only dream about, so also are they enduring so many things we Naija based won't condone.

Make we leave this people alone dem dey try for yonda.
If you experience wetin dem dey experience 4 ovodo oyinbo land you either peme or run come back home.

Not taking sides.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by bkbabe97: 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
buzugee:

sall good. alot of nigerians have a general misconception of prices downtown. they think because oyinbo live their it must be 4 grand a month. guess what ?

Lol. dont even go there. Im not Nigerian and I know wut "oyinbo" means!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^Oyinbo doesn't even make up the majority downtown. The place is mostly populated by asians, Polish/ukranians, and also African Americans. Lots of students downtown as well.  That it is expensive TO SOME does not automatically mean Oyinbos ONLY as your friend there is trying to make you believe. The dude is probably thinking everyone out there lives on his level and in studios, hence the reason he is quoting studio prices and claiming they apply to all persons down there.

The funniest is the claim that the upper ECHELON post apartments on craigslist. That alone speaks much of where he puts himself. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone will associate craigslist with "Upper echelon".  ROFLMAO!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by IgboGirl(f): 11:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ Poster
so you visit UK twice every year? what do you do for a living? and one more thing, if Nigeria is so good and you love living there so much why the frequent visit to UK? maybe your friends appear to be jealous to you cos you free load off of them when you visit. you probably don't pay house rent when you visit them and don't pay for food. don't confuse their anger/worry with jealousy.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
the downtowns[b] i[/b] know of have both poor and rich neighborhoods.

poorer side: populated by lower income

rich side: populated mainly by oyibos ie higher income.

fact.

and craigslist is a general site. anyone can post anything there, regardless of social status.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
Oh Boy!!! Here[b] it[/b] comes again with even more generalizations. lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nenum(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
Funny Nigerian.
Let me share my Younger brother's experience (he is currently studying, so he has also tasted both worlds)

Event in Nigeria MAY 29 at about 8pm
Last month, on his way from a friend's place in Bode Thomas (surulere, Lagos, Nigeria) (he decided to take the Orile axis), when he saw first hand, a car hit a man on a bike on the other side of the road.
Amazed he stopped (no Nigerian road user stopped) he crossed the road and when he saw the victim with blood dripping from every hole in his body.

He immediately checked the man's pocket and he dialed the last number on the man's phone (the last dialed was his son in UNN) my brother asked that the son ask his relative in Lagos to call his dad's phone, as his father was involved in an accident.
Then my brother beckoned on fellow road user's to stop so he could take the man to any nearby clinic (since he was parked on the other side of the road)
When they got to the nearest clinic/hospital my bother then saw the victim's wife she was in tears and yet so grateful, but she humbly asked that my brother stayed with them a while.
With the little medical facility at the hospital after much honest effort by the Dr. he asked that the victim (unconscious after loosing a lot of blood) be referred to LUTH.

My bother then called my Dad with a brief explanation and asked that he called anyone he knew in LUTH so that his new found family friend would be attended to once they got to LUTH (he had some LUTH treatment experience from his earlier UNI days)
So he went with his car following the victim who was placed in one of the hospitals vehicle with a nurse beside him.
True to his thot, when they got to LUTH, the gate was almost closed with a lot of patient (in severe state outside). there and then one of the nurses asked for their referral note, thank God my Dad knew one of the PROF's, whom he did call earlier informing him that his son was on his way to LUTH (must this always be the case, even if)

So a younger Doctor came out and asked (FROM THE MIST OF DIEING PEOPLE) for my brother and his patient, so when he got to his vehicle, he just looked at the victim and he pronounce him death after little examination.
From there he proceeded to other victims.

Immediately, the nurse at the entranced (OUTSIDE LUTH GATE) asked them to take their victim away so as to give room for other's coming. (They also refused to allow mortuary service for my brother's victim as they claim it is the hospital policy not to accept cases of dead on arrival into to morgue so as to allow enough space FOR THEIR OWN CORPSE)

My brother stayed and consoled member's of the man's family before he entered his car heading back home.

In the mist of all their tears the family member’s still thanked my brother (whom they claimed was a messiah even when no life was safe)

On his way, he rang me up ( I was asleep) when I answered I was scared when I heard my brother talking to me in between tears (on an international call), I was alarmed when I heard '' I am just returning form LUTH" (my heart was in my mouth) until he narrated his story and I slowly realized that non of my family member was involved, slowly I asked him to drive safely home and that I would call him once I am up but he should take it easy as he knows, these is not an American story, neither is it African, it is a Nigerian one and trust me, that exact sequence would happen again exactly the same way with a different set of people, once the sun rises.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
kobojunkie i see you are still huffin and puffin but bellowing out sawdust. if you bothered to check the links i posted, nearly all the 1 and 2 bedrooms are going for under 2000 dollars.

secondly you claim to live in columbus ohio and are paying like 3 grand plus in rent or mortgage. this tells me that you are a liar. you are probably in mushin somewhere in the internet cafe posting all this jargon. houses in columbus ohio are dirt cheap. you can pick up a good house for 80 grand. and the mortages will run you about 400 or 500 bucks a month, not no 4 grand as you so boastfully put.

it is very obvious (and anyone who supports this can chime in ) to me that you are a lyin heffuh who is in mushin in an internet cafe. maybe inbetween sendin out 419 letters you take a breather on nairaland. thats you in a nutshell. stop lying

lol tpiah no mind kobojunkie. she spewing out all the info she knows about yankee from what her friends in america tell her. it is obvious.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by AjanleKoko: 11:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
hatch#:

LMOA ! LFL is a mixture of playboy babes and American Football . smiley aka Lingerie Football League

So I read. Interesting.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nenum:

On his way, he rang me up ( I was asleep) when I answered I was scared when I heard my brother talking to me in between tears (on an international call), I was alarmed when I heard '' I am just returning form LUTH" (my heart was in my mouth) until he narrated his story and I slowly realized that non of my family member was involved, slowly I asked him to drive safely home and that I would call him once I am up but he should take it easy as he knows, these is not an American story, neither is it African, it is a Nigerian one and trust me, that exact sequence would happen again exactly the same way with a different set of people, once the sun rises.

Your brother did good. I know he could not save the man's life but he did better than a lot of people would have. I really do hope the situation improves in the area of healthcare and quick too.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by martinosi: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
******yawns******
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tpiah: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
one thing about this retard calling[b] itself[/b] kobojunkie is[b] it[/b] hates to admit[b] it [/b] sounds like a daft cockerel 89% of the time.

beverly hillbilly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries / Black Market Petrol Dealer Thanks Fayose For Making Fuel Scarce In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.